Start by marking “Two Lives Three Choices” as Want to Read:
Two Lives Three Choices

Two Lives Three Choices

When two new students arrive at Krysta’s school, she quickly discovers she must: Choose her friends Seeing one of the new students sitting alone, Krysta must decide whether she’s willing to risk a friendship she already has for someone she hardly knows. That choice causes Krysta to have visions, revealing that the new arrivals are more than they seem. Choose her side The n ...more
Published July 22nd 2016 by Gordian Productions

To ask other readers questions about Two Lives Three Choices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Lives Three Choices

Start your review of Two Lives Three Choices
Hannah Heath
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a review of the newer edition of this book. I read the original edition a while ago and gave it 3 stars. As you can see, it now as 4 stars. Why the change?

This re-written version has cleaner writing, better dialogue, and some great new details. I am incredibly impressed by how Pierce managed to greatly improve this story while keeping the plot and characters intact.

I love the sci-fi and Christian elements of this story. These aspects are woven into everything: the characters, the world-
Kyle
The only negative thing I have to say about this book is that it gets off to a somewhat slow start. The first chapters take a little too long to establish the book’s central conflict and unique identity. But--and I cannot stress this strongly enough--the excitement ratchets up very quickly after that. The story develops into a fascinating contemporary sci-fi adventure with Christian allegorical elements woven in. These faith-based themes are handled in an engaging, non-preachy fashion that won’t ...more
Hufflepuff Book Reviewer
Just as amazing the third time around! I love this new updated edition!

As a frequent reader of YA books, I’ve been realizing that a lot of them seem to lack substantial meaning. Their goal is to entertain—perhaps even to pose weighty, philosophy questions—but not to influence or inspire or to help their readers become better people on account of reading it.

K.L. Pierce has opted not to follow this trend. She has crafted a YA sci-fi book, virtually drenched with meaning. Two Lives Three Choices e
Katelyn Buxton
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two Lives Three Choices is a very enjoyable sci-fi read, with some great Christian allegorical elements mixed in. This book had been on my TBR list for a while, but when I heard that Pierce was re-releasing a sort of “new-and-improved” version on September 15th, I thought it was high time I read it.

And over all, I was not disappointed! I have to admit, I didn’t care for the beginning all that much... it seemed to be a pretty standard high-school setting, complete with a, “should I sit with the n
emrys merlin
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!

Pierce has taken this story to a whole new level with her revisions!! A lot of the issues I had with the original version were fixed and the overall story took a big leap in quality.

At it's center, this story is one with pure themes about family, friendship, and beliefs. I have no issue with stories that have morally gray and complex messages, but I find them to be a bit overused nowadays and so was extremely refreshed to read a book with such rich and healthy messages.

I enjoyed the c
S. M. Metzler
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Hallie Jenkins
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m very emotional right now because of that ending.

This was a really great book! I have no complaints. The characters were all unique, the plot was great with some turns that were unexpected, but not so unexpected they seemed random. The world was really cool, and I love how the watches could be used to store things, like an inventory in a video game. I’ve never read anything where that was used, and it was such a cool idea.

I also loved how well Christian themes and theology were woven in. Th
Janelle Garrett
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded to 4. Since YA sci-fi stories aren't necessarily my thing, I was pretty surprised when this book held my attention. It was a fascinating story, one I haven't come across before. I liked the modern day feel mashed together with a futuristic feel. It leaves the reader slightly disoriented, but not in a bad way.

Krysta's character came across as a little bland at first, but that's par for the course when it comes to YA fiction in general. She definitely got more interesting as the
Kyle
A captivating, well-written story! Full review soon!
J.E.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, sci-fi read with some underlying themes and a great cast of characters. I loved getting a glimpse a the world and peeling back the layers, finding the little easter eggs spread through the story.
There seems to be a great set up for future stories, with an interesting conflict to follow and some great questions for the reader to answer.
I did have a few problems that are probably something that most readers will not have a problem with. Most are prose problems and there are a
E.B. Dawson
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
Pierce has done an amazing job with her rewrites, bringing the story from 2D to 3D. I am thoroughly attached to the characters and moved by their struggles!

I appreciated how the beginning hinted at where the story was going and made me look at characters, conversations, and events differently. In fact, the entire story was a bit like a crescendo. It starts off quiet, ordinary, and nonchalant although there is clearly more going on. The second half picks up in pace, emotional weight, and action.
Erin Dydek
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: phoenix-fiction
Despite a slow beginning, this story develops into an exciting blend of Christian allegory and science fiction elements. While some of the symbolic representations were immediately obvious, as the story progressed, Pierce when deeper into some of the more difficult questions surrounding Christianity and faith. Through the conflict between Krysta, Alec, and Dion, she depicted the fight of faith and the deception used by the enemy of faith to blind people to the truth of the King’s promises in his ...more
Beth Wangler
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a lot of science fiction, but I heard about K. L. + Pierce's book on Twitter and decided to check it out. I'm glad I did. Her mixture of realism and creative technology were helpful to a reader inexperienced with this genre.

My favorite thing about this story has to be the character relationships. I love stories about siblings and am glad Pierce went in that direction instead of favoring the only child MC of so many modern stories. I also love the dynamic she build between the two
Meltintalle
Aug 12, 2019
Krysta's name 1 2 Oct 28, 2017 03:08PM
Thoughts on Arret 3 4 Mar 31, 2017 09:32PM

• The Girl Who Could See
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • Malfunction (Malfunction Trilogy #1)
  • The Beast of Talesend (Beaumont and Beasley, #1)
  • The Stroke of Eleven (Beaumont and Beasley, #3)
  • Revary
  • Sword and Serpent
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • Stay Sweet
  • Romanov
  • Colors of Fear (The Terebinth Tree Chronicles #1)
  • The Green Ember (The Green Ember, #1)
  • Ember Rising (The Green Ember, #3)
Writing since the age of six, Kirsten Pierce has always enjoyed coming up with characters and plots that stirred the imagination. Around middle school she began dabbling in poetry, and had some of her work published in her middle school’s literary magazine. During that time she also developed passions for Technology and Biology. While pursuing these as a Computer Science major, Biology minor, at G ...more