Start by marking “Dead Again: Dark Dreams (The Dead Again Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead Again: Dark Dreams (The Dead Again Series, #1)

Dead Again: Dark Dreams (The Dead Again Series, #1)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Joan Portman’s nightmares are killing her; literally. Each evening, this troubled seventeen-year-old meets a painful demise in one of three horrific ways – by bullet, by fire or by attack of a pack of ferocious beasts. So authentic are these dreams, that Joan resorts to cutting herself upon waking, just to prove she’s still alive.

Tired of her meds and weary of being misun
Published September 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dead Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Again

Beverly Laude
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, kindle, young-adult
This was an amazing book! Most YA books are full of teen angst & some romance, but this one will simply blow you away!

Joan is a disturbed teenager, suffering from frequent nightmares. She cuts herself in order to feel real pain, to the horror of her parents and schoolmates. She is medicated to the point that the kids at school call her "Zonie" instead of "Joanie".

Her parents decide to take her and her sister, Lucy, on the trip of a lifetime: an extended European vacation. Little did any of t
Jessica Bronder
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joan Portman is not your typical teenager. She cuts herself and her parents can’t figure out why so they take her to a therapist that dopes her up on antidepressants. But this can’t help her. Joan is plagued by death in her dreams. She is constantly dreaming of being torn apart by animals, shot in the head, or burned alive. She cuts herself in the morning to make sure she is still alive.

Then Joan ends up lying to her therapist so she can join her family on vacation in Europe hoping this change
GrnEyed
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are people who have nightmares and then there are people like Joan Portman, who live her nightmares repeatedly. Life is difficult enough for teenagers, but when you are a teenager plagued with nightmares, when you turn to self-harm, and end up on medications, life is unbearable.

Joan is hoping, if she can take a family trip to Europe that her life will turn around. She’s hoping to find a new start. What she finds when she visits different locations in Europe are locations that trigger memo
Sue Williams
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historic-novels
I loved this book. It is part thriller and part historic novel. Joan Portman is not a happy teenager. Her parents don't know what her problems are so they take Joan to a therapist who prescribes antidepressants for her. Joan doesn't think she is depressed but she realizes that she runs on a high stress level and her way to cope is to cut herself. She is a cutter and has scars on multiple parts of her body to prove it. Joan convinces her therapist and her parents that she hasn't cut recently in o ...more
Kaila
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
holy thriller.. this is amazing.. i love a good thriller and a lot of times they fall short a bit.. but this one didnt fall short at all.. it was amazing. it kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was next.. what would happen next.. who would do what next.. and the nightmares were so real feeling i felt as if i was in her head watching it happen.. it was so sad in spots... i felt so bad for her.. and it wa sjust wonderful to read. i am glad i got to review it
Jessica Traver cashen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read. Well written with a great plot and characters. I was engrossed from start to finish. Joan has to relive her deaths from the past over and over. I love how the author is able to transport readers back in time with Joan as a gladiator, and Joan of Arc. Joan cuts herself to feel and to make sure she is in reality, still alive. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Cherry
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A really great story and easy to connect with the characters. I definitely recommend this to everyone. I will definitely look forward to reading more from this author.
Amanda Williams
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really stunning book with hard hitting subjects. Well worth a read. Would recommend this author to friends and family
Christine
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
"Dead Again" is really not quite what I was expecting. And, I don't mean that negatively, either. When I received a copy of this book to read, I just assumed that it was going to be a light, fluffy, romantic teen read about a girl who maybe just thinks she has a rough life but really just needs to get a clue.

I was wrong on most counts.

Joan is a very dark character, in my opinion. Any young woman who has to use self-harm as a way of coping really does have problems. And, I'm not saying that the
Heathery
I received a copy of this book in exchange for review.

I love the premise of this book--a girl reliving the few weeks leading up to her death in past lives. The past life of the Jewish girl in Nazi Germany really struck a chord with me. The writing was masterful, and it was so incredibly painful to read. I actually didn't want to read it, but I forced myself out of respect for the real victims of Auschwitz. Fantastic job portraying the horrors suffered by those poor people.

There were some small d
Apr 25, 2017
Michelle Foley
Feb 27, 2018
Linda Rey
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Feb 09, 2017
Jun 11, 2017
Brooke
Jun 15, 2017
Making Connections: REVIEWERS WANTED FOR NEW RELEASE 1 11 Sep 22, 2016 06:23PM
Hi, I’m Linda Rey, and I write books for teens and tweens. Writing a bio is about as awkward as having to write a “What I Did Last Summer” report the first day back in school, but here goes.

I live in Orange County, CA with my husband and a dog named Dude. My favorite color is green, but blue is a close second. I’d rather eat potato chips than ice cream, but give me a donut and I’ll be your friend