Start by marking “Ren: The Monster's Adventure” as Want to Read:
Ren: The Monster's Adventure

Ren: The Monster's Adventure (Ren Series #3.5)

4.69  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Ren Lewis has seen it all, or so he likes to think. He’s encountered every danger known to man. Due to his powers as a Dream Traveler and unstoppable work ethic, he’s experienced more than any human alive. But Ren is about to have a brand new experience.
He’s being dragged on a family vacation.
When a life altering event falls on Dahlia and Ren, he agrees to take a break f
Published October 15th 2016 by One-Twenty-Six Press (first published September 21st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Ren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ren

Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book comes out October 15, 2016. Grab it here: http://amzn.to/2cnyOuf
Petra
My original Ren: The Monster's Adventure audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.
This utterly awesome novella should ideally be listened to after Ren: The Monster Inside the Monster, book 3 of the Ren series.
This was the ideal story to start off some festive holiday listening this year, as Sarah Noffke provides an extremely hilarious but also very heartwarming Ren-version of ‘A Christmas Carol’. Ren’s girlfriend, Dahlia, forces him to endure a family vacation accompa
Kitlina
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I have received a copy of this book for an honest review!*

Close your eyes for a fraction of a second and you'll miss it. You'll miss the real Ren. I didn't know he could be even more. How can a character evolve so much? From a petty thief to a hated but brilliant teacher to an out of this world savior of human kind and ultimately himself.
To know Ren has lived so much but actually didn't live at all until he freed himself is a bucket of ice cold water in your face. When I thought I had it all fi
Bec
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This his was an intriguing 'side' story for Ren. There is some heartbreaking news in this one. The whole family take a driving adventure and Ren must not use his powers so the family can stay together. They meet some interesting characters along the way and it's fun to see how Ren manages.
Pheebz
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-noffke
Ren 3.5 By Sarah Noffke
Feb 15 2017

We start off with Ren Lewis addressing his agents at the Luciditie Institute telling them that after twenty years of being the Head Strategist he was stepping down. Ren who had never taken a day off from his duties in 20 years. Ren named his replacement as Agent Trent Reynolds. Raven asked Ren if he was going to get a life. Ren said “Something like that.” Ren’s reply was intriguing to me, made me wonder what was up.

Up until now Ren had refused to go on vacation
Rabid Reader
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great novella in which Dahlia drags Ren, Adalaide and Lucien on a road trip to hell (if you believe what Ren has to say that is!) Ren's sarcastic humour and general disdain is once again in full flow in this novella and I loved every word of it. You can not help but love this caustic, but amusing, character as he tries to hide his emotions and fear behind repartee and arrogance. With shades of A Christmas Carol, 3 women push Ren forward on a journey of self discovery that will hopefully help h ...more
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

This was my favorite Ren yet. Ren is taken out of his comfort zone and going on a vacation with Dahlia, Adelaide, and Lucien with one drawback he cannot dream travel to their destination. I saw a new side of Ren in this book but don’t get me wrong his snarkiness was still there. Watching the interactions between Ren and Adelaide and then Adelaide and Lucien was amazing and heartwarming.

The adventures they go on are nothing short of hilarious an
Stephanie Colman
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ren goes on an epic adventure with his "beloved family" and along the way he he has a series of interesting interactions. Ren doesn't love nature or people as you all may know, which causes something unexpected to happen to our man of mystery along the way... Buckle up its a bumpy ride laced with the expected snark, some sage wisdom, new unexpected characters, and goats. Ren 3.5 is another amazing journey into Noffkeland not to be missed.
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
(Excerpt from REN 3.5)

"People with a low IQ, no lives, and a serious misunderstanding of how natural selection works seek out adventures. It’s these [idiots] who elect to bungee jump or parachute or shop in malls. Did the Native Americans jump off cliffs for the sheer thrill? Did English settlers throw down with bears to find out who came out on top? Did aborigines walk on coals? No, and for the simple fact that surviving life was enough of an adventure for them.

But fat Americans and useless Eur
Kim Bishop
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I began this novella super excited to hear all about my favorite little family, when slowly but surely things went from good to ugly over just a few short chapters. As I dove deeper and deeper into the story I knew, this isn't right! I don't listen to books like this! This isn't happening, this isn't happening! WHY I screamed!

Dahlia, the superstar pop diva has dragged Ren and his daughter Adalaide with her baby Lucian on their first family vacation. Great! This should be a belly full of laughs I
Lesley
Around a 4.5, but I'll round up. I continue to be amazed at how Noffke can take such an unlikable character and make us want to read about him. Ren: The Monster's Adventure made me love Ren even more because it shows exactly how much he is changing and growing.

Plot:
Dahlia persuades Ren to go on a family vacation with her, Addie and Lucien (who is now two). Along the way, we learn what has been going on with the family over the past two years, and Ren learns some hard truths about himself.

Chara
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More Ren! And on vacation?! OMG Sarah has truly outdone herself on this one! If you know Ren, then you know how snarky and what a debbie downer he can be. But he always speaks what is on his mind and has no issue telling you what he really thinks. He has been my favorite character since the Lucidites series and I get incredibly giddy when Sarah give us more. He goes on vacation with the fam but has to do it Middling style, in a car and everything. If anything can happen, it does. His snark, plus ...more
Lisa
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One never realizes how much they’ve missed the incomparable Ren Lewis until Sarah Noffke puts out another book in his series. The Monster’s Adventure is an enjoyable novella that brings us up to date on Ren and into the family vacation from hell (well not really, but it’s torturous for him). Through the vacation adventures, Ren is forced to examine his past in order to create a better present and future as he deals with some unfortunate truths. Per the usual, I loved this story. It hit really cl ...more
Chessy The Cat
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lewis Family Vacation

Ren Lewis is in a living hell. He’s on vacation with his family and girlfriend. Ren doesn’t do vacation. Anything and everything that can go wrong for him does so. It’s comical and sad at the same time. Will Ren just survive or will he grow in character from the experience?

Noffke’s novella, Ren: The Monster's Adventure (A Ren Novella, #3.5), is in response to overwhelming requests from Ren fans. And, boy, does Noffke deliver! Ren’s character has been evolving throughout
Norma
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, audio, humour
( Format : Audiobook )
"She's lucky I'm such a tolerant and patient man."
I have had the Ren series of books in my 'to read' pile for some time but somehow never picked them out. Until I was gifted an audible copy of Ren, the Monster's Adventure, by the author. What a joy this was - the archetypal superior, disdainful and grouchy Brit. forced out of his comfort zone on holiday with, of all things, a child.
The narrator is superb - just the right level of callous distain combined with a perfect acce
Trisha Perry
Ren Lewis on vacation, now that is just funny, Ren doesn't do vacations, and what is worse is since not all of the family can dream travel it is a car travel trip, and that is all I will say about that. You need to read this book for yourself or if you are like me get the audio version and have narrator Tim Campbell read it to you, he is the perfect Ren Lewis, and this is the perfect book to get you started in on your holiday spirit.

Sarah Noffke and Tim Campbell have teamed up again for a aweso
Jean
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

More of Ren..

I'm glad that the author decided to write another book about Ren.

He has developed a lot since the first book and has gone from
an egotistical know-it-all,
to a bachelor
and now, to a spouse and is still growing and developing.

I don't want to say too much about this book and give anything away.

Overall, an entertaining and worthwhile read, the only problem,
now I want to read more about Ren..

I liked Tim Campbell as the Narrator, he did well.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the au
Megan (ReadingRover)
This was a great addition to the Ren series. Sarah Noffke has done a fantastic job developing his character. This play on A Christmas Carol was an appropriate tale for Ren as he makes a fine Scrooge. This novella also revealed some details that the last book did not and really had me wanting more of the series. I hope that the author will continue with it.
Heather Vern
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Our beloved ren goes on a family vacation. He encounters odd things, starts to appreciate things that are in his life, new hardships are uncovered. This was a really nice short read. It took rens hate for trees and goats to the max. Lol
Tommi Crow
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Family Adventure!

When Ren and his family travel up the California coast in a big gas hungry SUV, not only is it going to be snarky and funny, you may just may learn a thing or two about our favorite red headed Brit. This is a must read for all Ren lovers!!!
Lisa
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing finish to the series!
Robin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny as usual and seeing Ren become more of a "regular" man was amusing. It was a tad difficult to find and connect his visitors. I was very happy to see how Adelaide had changed! Excellent word building as well. Lol, a favorite description was of a couple of kids (baby goats), whom Ren claimed to be the "spawns of hell." Lolol! Great editing as to be expected. A satisfying end, although I'm a tad sad as book 4 will be the last of the series. I'm off to read now! :-)

My star ratings include the
Kristen Lewendon
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's hilarious and tragic, which is an unexpected pairing. Ren has been dragged along on the most disastrous family vacation ever. The author's ruthless application of the question "what's the worst that can happen?" liberally spiced with Murphy's Law gives us a road trip that awe inspiring in it's ridiculousness. Add Christmas Carol-like visitations with three wise women, and Ren's forced to confront his fears and shortcomings. With every new book in this series, curmudgeonly Ren becomes more a ...more
Sadie Forsythe
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Amusingly absurd, but a little sappy and with a rushed change in Ren's perspective.
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Noffke knows how to take a silly idea and turn it into an incredible, heartwarming story that is full of inappropriate comments and snark. I laughed all the way through this while feeling happy that Ren is finally finding some peace in the midst of his crazy life. Almost every sentence is a meme worthy quote and I'm definitely going to be reading this again!
Diana Mcadams
Jun 13, 2017
Heidi
Jun 15, 2017
Sarah Noffke Fan ...: Ren: The Monster's Adventure 1 5 Oct 05, 2016 08:35AM
Get a FREE book from the author right here: http://www.sarahnoffke.com/free-book/

Sarah Noffke writes YA & NA sci-fi, fantasy and dystopian. She is the author of the Lucidites, Reverians, Ren, and Vagabond Circus series. She’s been everything from a corporate manager to a hippie. Her taste for adventure has taken her all over the world. If you can’t find her at the gym, then she’s probably at t
More about Sarah Noffke

Ren Series (4 books)
  • Ren: The Man Behind the Monster (Book #1)
  • Ren: God's Little Monster (Book #2)
  • Ren: The Monster Inside the Monster (Book #3)
  • Ren: The Monster's Death (Ren Series #4)
“Most people just don’t know any better because logic isn’t engrained into our culture. Convenience and greed are the staples of our society.” 0 likes
“Past, present and future are three parts of the whole, constantly intertwined and shifting as we change and grow.” 0 likes