Start by marking “The INTP Quest: INTPs' Search for Their Core Self, Purpose, & Philosophy” as Want to Read:
The INTP Quest: INTPs' Search for Their Core Self, Purpose, & Philosophy

The INTP Quest: INTPs' Search for Their Core Self, Purpose, & Philosophy

INTPs are equal parts thinker and seeker. While their status as nuanced and critical thinkers rarely goes unrecognized, their seeking side is often overlooked. This is largely due to the fact they do most of their seeking inwardly, that is, by way of thinking. Recognizing life’s brevity, INTPs strive to craft a life that is important, meaningful, and authentically reflects ...more
Published September 17th 2016 by Inquire Books

To ask other readers questions about The INTP Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The INTP Quest

Start your review of The INTP Quest: INTPs' Search for Their Core Self, Purpose, & Philosophy
Seamusin
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
A lot of useful insights about INTPs and the broad course of their lives, mixed in with a fair amount of stuff that just did not resonate for me, particularly on metaphysics, embracing spirituality and 'willfully forgetting' things in order to be happier (AKA denial?). I couldn't help but wonder if this book was half an account of the author's particular quest rather than an INTP in general.

But having said that, a lot of it is 5-star, particularly the stuff toward the end. He speaks about the
Castor Pollux
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mildly obsessed with typology and personality types, I had a friend recommend this book to me since we both typed as INTPs. I never put much stock in accuracy of any test and skeptically approached it as any other way to get to know yourself, but honestly after reading this book I have a new appreciation for the cognitive functions and how understanding them can be a useful tool to help find your purpose. I've always been a purpose driven, "what can I do to help humanity" type person which ...more
Jeremy
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
At times, it felt as though Drenth was reading my mind, such was its accuracy. That part was 5-star worthy, but I deducted one star, because I felt he got way too bogged down in describing the thought of different philosophers.
Lucia
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anybody reading this book will certainly appreciate Dr Drenth’s profound knowledge of the MBTI theory and C. G. Jung’s theory of cognitive functions. Self-identifying as INTP, his lifelong keen interest and close observation of this type are more than palpable throughout the book.
Personally, ‘Part III: INTPs & Philosophy’ left me feeling somewhat underwhelmed despite (or perhaps as a result of?) my initially high expectations. Despite being a good review of what INTPs might be interested in
Corvon Woods
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a "must read" for any INTP

For a life-long seeker, this book helped me to really understand myself in a more holistic way. I've never read anything like it. It was like reading about myself and the journey I have been on throughout my life. I gained a lot of clarity and really appreciated all of the practical advice related to achieving a present-oriented mindset.
Todd Wood
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This read was a most intimate journey. I am entering a self reflecting and translational portion of my life. With both of my children recently marrying and moving into their own lives I am now granted the time, perspective, and the economic stability to contemplate the thought, “what will be your purpose for the remainder of your life?"

I am a big fan of typology. Especially the Jungian based models. As such, being most familiar with the concepts and language of that particular topology, I
Arthur Gailes
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found mostly of this spot on, except for a middle chapter in which the author gets obnoxiously quasi-spiritual. Otherwise full of great advice and concepts.
Joanne Schenn

• Think Like a Futurist: Know What Changes, What Doesn't, and What's Next
  • The Sentient Machine: The Coming Age of Artificial Intelligence
  • Addicted to the Monkey Mind: Change the Programming That Sabotages Your Life
  • Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor Your Wetware
  • The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For and Believe
  • The Law