Start by marking “Treasured” as Want to Read:
Treasured

Treasured

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A love for which even time stands still.

Graduate student Rebecca Small is so obsessed with the past especially the Golden Age of Piracy she doesn t mind her unglamorous job preparing museum displays. This display is about her favorite subject, James Morrow, a famous pirate who mysteriously disappeared without a trace.

Becca touches the pirate s antique sword, and finds hers
Published April 22nd 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Treasured, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasured

Carrie
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Rebecca Small works at the local museum setting up the displays but with her obsession with the past she doesn't mind her job at all. Her biggest obsession is the famous pirate James Morrow who had vanished at sea. Her daydreams of herself and James are ones to make anyone blush but she can't help but get a little steamy while being near James' display.

Once Rebecca touches the pirate’s antique sword though she finds herself on a pirate ship in the middle of a battle. More realistic than any of
Kelly
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while I get in this mood where I'm like, "PIRATES! I want to read nothing but pirate books! ARRGH!" Rationally, I know that the limited amount of fresh water on a pirate ship probably meant that they all stunk to high heaven and it's more than likely that many of them suffered from scurvy and as a group they were bloody little buggers who raped and pillaged, yet... PIRATES!

I think my skewed idea that pirates are somehow sexy comes from covers like this one. See? That's pretty, If
Becca
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Another tough decision, between a 3 and 4 this time. I enjoyed the story, liked the characters and thought the sex scenes were quite hot. My problem is there wasn't really much to this story. Yes, the heroine was a student of history and had studied the time period, but she had very little trouble accepting that she had traveled back in time by about 300 years. Yes, it was refreshing to have a heroine that didn't act completely stupid on finding herself in another time, but this was just a bit t ...more
Mojca
Rebecca touches an old pirate sword and ends up smack in the middle of a sword fight on board a ship...A pirate ship...An 18-century pirate ship...In the 18th century…And the man whose life she saves happens to be the man whose portrait she’s been mooning over the past couple of days while she prepared a museum exhibit. The same man who claims to be her husband…Yikes.

Though this short story read more like an extended sex scene, there was enough plot, characterization, budding romance, and charac
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome short story. Loved the mix between scifi and historical time swap and pirate adventure. Sexy and great action in it. this just has a bit of kinky side to it which definitely spices things up with this really quick short story. great HEA
Lydia Perversius
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
I suppose not every book themed the way I like it is going to make me all giddy... Well, I'm OK with that, sort of...

The story is about Becca, a young woman obsessed with the Golden Age of Piracy, and who's in lust with one of the historical faces the current museum display she's helping put up is hosting, James Morrow. Somehow, while touching one of the swords, she travels back in time - and straight into his arms. Having the same name and face as his bitch of a wife, she gets nothing but cold
holly quigley
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
WARNING: Since this is a short erotic piece, my review/criticisms contain explicit language.

That said, Treasured had promise to be a really nice erotic short. The setup and storyline hit all my happy buttons. Time travel? Check. Pirates? I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for them. Hints of BDSM? Check.

Unfortunately, most of the story was smut. Which wouldn't be unfortunate at all, if the smut wasn't so flawed. It wasn't the worst smut I've read, and it did have heat despite its flaws, but a
P Leslie
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Rebecca touches a dagger at the museum and ends up travelling back into past to 1715. She can't believe what she's seeing: James Morrow, the pirate she's been having naughty fantasies about is fighting right before her very eyes. Is she dreaming? Did she somehow bang her head?

Can James fulfil her hidden desires?

James is confused, his wife hated his guts so what's the secret behind her sudden change? Can he trust her?

This was a short,
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
The negative reviews were leaning me towards not reading this book. After reading it it's not that bad it's just another case of different strokes for different folks. Rebecca travels through time to 1715 to James who is a pirate, while the other Rebecca originally from 1715 travel to the present. There was a little action as well as good loving between Rebecca and James, the original Rebecca from 1715 was a meanie to everyone around her so when the Rebecca who came from the present was around e ...more
Katerina Kinsley
Dec 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I wouldn’t say that Crystal Jordan’s “Treasured” is a spanking novel. I would say that this book is an erotic novel containing a lot of sex with a spanking or two thrown in for good measure. That said I still really enjoyed this book. The focus may not have been on spanking, but it was still a hot read.

Becca was the perfect protagonist. She was strong, independent, and could sword fight better than a man. But when she and James were together, she was completely submissive. Her loyalty to James w
Angela
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow…this is one scorching read. Rebecca’s time-travelling back to her history crush changes the meaning of you can’t go back. James is totally alpha and a pirate – yes please. Rebecca is badass and James cannot help but be intrigued by his “new” wife. Their chemistry leaps off the page. I have not read a pirate book in a long time, I think I need to go back to these books. A great quick read.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher through NetGalley.
Shae Shannon
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story was unbelievably amazing. Who wouldnt to fall into a world with a hot pirate? I read this book hundreds ago and still remember it in detail. It is not a easily forgotten read, but one that will stick with you and be reread over and over. I loved it!
Noor
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i wish i could travel back in time to find the the perfect alpha male and then travel back with him because i would miss my computer to much if i stayed in his time... man i love reading about pirates they are so cute ans sexy i know in real life they were not like in books but a women can dream ;D
T.
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite pirate story before I read any of Maureen O. Betita's The Kraken's Caribbean stories! In general I don't like time travel stories, but Ms. Jordan handled it well. This is the book which steered me to purchase more of her work!
Karla
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow, I didn't really expect to enjoy this story as much as I did. It was really good, freaky time situation aside, lol.
Linda Lonetto
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved this story,time travel and high sea adventure with one hot pirate. Go back in time with Rebecca and James to their "meeting" and adventures
Eve Berlin
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Daring Time
  • To the Max
  • Star Crossed (Entwined Fates, #2)
  • Subjugated (Politically Incorrect, #2)
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Tempt Me Twice
  • Valentine Submission (Valentine Submission, #1)
  • Call of the Sea (Call of the Lycan, #1)
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • Going Against Orders (Men in Love #5)
  • Rituals of Passion (Brides of Caralon, #1)
  • Twice in a Lifetime
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed #2)
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
Crystal Jordan began writing romance after she finished graduate school and needed something to fill the hours that used to be eaten away by homework. She is originally from California, but has lived and worked all over the United States. Currently, she serves as a librarian at a university in her home state and writes contemporary, paranormal, futuristic, and erotic romance.
More about Crystal Jordan...