Start by marking “Objectives and Key Results: Driving Focus, Alignment, and Engagement with OKRs (Wiley Corporate F&A)” as Want to Read:

Everything you need to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) effectively

Objectives and Key Results is the first full-fledged reference guide on Objectives and Key Results, a critical thinking framework designed to help organizations create value through focus, alignment, and better communication. Written by two leading OKRs consultants and researchers, this book

Published September 12th 2016 by Wiley (first published September 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Objectives and Key Results, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Objectives and Key Results

Andrea Carlevato
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best resource i found on OKRs so far. I found particularly interesting the sections covering the value of connecting OKRs trough the different levels of the company, as well as all the practical tipis on what to make sure to incorporate vs what to stay away from. Definitely recommended to anyone interested in deploying and make the best out of OKRs.
John
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-me
This book, co-written by Paul Niven and Ben Lamorte, is a fantastic handbook for the OKR implementer. OKRs stands for "objectives and key results," and there are doubtless other reviews that spell out what OKRs are, so I won't do that here. OKRs are in fashion now because they are effective but also because they are used by companies like Intel, Google, etc. Full disclosure, Ben Lamorte consulted for my company as an OKR coach and did a great job getting us launched. Thanks, Ben!

The audience her
Ellie
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a solid overview for those brand-new to the concept of OKRs, but lacked a lot of the substance I was looking for after 3 quarters of OKR implementation at our company. The sections on the process of setting OKRs and driving alignment felt particularly brief relative to the time and energy our organization devotes to those areas. I would loved to have seen more content on those topics in particular.
Jason
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally useful to get background and tips for implementing OKRs but I would have preferred if it was more concise, maybe half as long.
Chris
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have been researching Okrs and found this book provided more detail than most. Having said that it seemed unnecessarily long in places lime when the book takes a detour to start explaining the importance of organizations having a mission and vision. The authors really push working with an OKR consultant, which isn't surprising since they are consultants themselves. All in all a good book on OKRs.
Nathalie Karasek
Good overview and advise but I would have wanted more examples for objectives and key results.
Jan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clear, practical and well-structured with a refreshing impish wit.
Marta Kondryn
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best guide about OKRs that you can find - very insightful and practical.
Brian Kramp
More like a manual for implementing OKRs in a business. Not worth reading for individuals.
Paul LaFontaine
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emerging from Intel's early days, Objectives & Key Results (OKR's) is a goal setting method that is simple in its approach to solving for complexity. Objectives are the umbrella aspiration, key results are measurable outcomes that indicate the aspiration is achieved. This book explains the elements and how they work together in a powerful system.

I liked the book. The third I have read on the topic. While informative, there was nothing outstanding about it. The writing was basic, the example
Grzegorz Cempla
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very useful and informative. Helped me to identify issues in how I approached OKRs. Influenced my course of action in an attempt to implement them in my org. OKRs seen from various perspectives with honest and - in my opinion - relatively unbiased analysis of pros and cons.

I especially liked case studies from various companies.
Mario Lucero
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I you want to implement OKR in your organization or just with any areas this book is for you.

Based on the book and following the different examples that you will find in the book it would be quite easy to understand the principles of OKR. Then you have to implement and learn.

Kate Hainsworth
Unsurprisingly, this book reads a little bit like a text book. There aren't a ton of alternatives to read about OKR best practices, and I may reference this in the future.
Ben Lamorte
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am biased since I am a co-author but I actually liked reading it in its final form even after writing and editing section after section!
Nopadol Rompho
This is a really good book. If you want to know what OKRs is and how to use it, I would recommend you to read this book.
Ahmy Yulrizka
After watching John Doerr Ted talks about OKR I've begun to search for books that cover guide on implementing it. If you are running your own company and wanted to start to implement OKR, the book might interest you.

I think it's longer than it should. Reminds me of business textbooks with acronyms that feel forced.
Some of the chapters tell a personal story that has little to add to the Idea of the chapter. Some information is repetitive. I suggest skimming it first and get back to the specific
Ryan Morton
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thorough explanation of OKRs, how to use them, and how to build support across an organization to leveraging OKRs to be more than just rows on a spreadsheet/slide-deck.

I've used OKRs before, but I previously focused too much on the artifacts of that process, ie the actual OKRs. I now understand that the conversations, whiteboarding sessions, and even disagreements are the most important part of the OKR process. Getting your organization to talk about, care about, and drive this process is how
Mas'ood
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great explanations on how to implement OKR. It clarifies the benefits of using OKRs and how you can leverage them, by connecting them in different levels of your organization.

However, when the authors try to address "The Building Blocks of OKRs", they make a botched attempt to provide a brief introduction to important topics such as strategy, that they themselves call it "an enormous subject". I believe defining a good strategy is out of the scope of this book and this section might be totally m
Lorenzo
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A few good insights, but not well structured. Could use some shortening. Quite tedious to read at times.
Thomas Ziegelbecker
good mixture between theory and stories, does well on explaining OKRs
Marcus Österberg
Metodisk guide för hur man börjar med OKR och vilka svårigheter man kan vänta sig att stöta på.
Luke
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. A good overview of what OKRs can offer and how to get them into your normal rhythm of working.
André Moretzsohn
rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Chief Customer Officer 2.0: How to Build Your Customer-Driven Growth Engine
  • Service Design for Business: A Practical Guide to Optimizing the Customer Experience
  • This Is Service Design Doing: Applying Service Design Thinking in the Real World
  • True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of your Life
  • Customer Success: How Innovative Companies Are Reducing Churn and Growing Recurring Revenue
  • Incerto 4-Book Bundle: Antifragile, The Black Swan, Fooled by Randomness, The Bed of Procrustes
  • Jobs to be Done: Theory to Practice
  • Primed to Perform: How to Build the Highest Performing Cultures Through the Science of Total Motivation
  • Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
  • Outside In: The Power of Putting Customers at the Center of Your Business
  • You're in Charge, Now What?: The 8 Point Plan
  • The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty
  • Mapping Experiences: A Complete Guide to Creating Value Through Journeys, Blueprints, and Diagrams
  • Meaningful: The Story of Ideas That Fly
  • Service Design: From Insight to Implementation
  • The Corner Office: Indispensable and Unexpected Lessons from Ceos on How to Lead and Succeed
  • Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career
  • Driven by Eternity: Making Your Life Count Today & Forever
Paul Niven's latest book is BALANCED SCORECARD EVOLUTION (Wiley, August 2014).

He is a noted speaker and writer on the subjects of Strategy, the Balanced Scorecard, and Performance Management. He has delivered keynote addresses at conference events around the world and has published in a number of noted journals.

His first book, Balanced Scorecard Step-by-Step: Maximizing Performance and Maintainin