Start by marking “Hot Mess 1 (Hot Mess #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Mess 1 (Hot Mess #1)

Hot Mess 1

(Hot Mess #1)

Hot summer rain. That was the scent that drew me. The soulful amber-green eyes that begged to be loved kept me. One look and I knew I wanted Lany Harris to be mine. Convincing him of my good intentions might prove to be harder than trying to convince my superiors that someone was out to get us.

I was obviously insane.

Cinnamon and whiskey had a delicious scent and it was S.W
Published September 22nd 2016 by Siren Publishing Inc.

Judith

"Everyone says I'm a hot mess."

"You're a beautiful mess."

What do you get when you have....

-One,hot,domineering Italian who keeps whispering "caro" and "mine",

-One long haired cutie who is the Hot Mess??

You get the most over the top insta lust/love story I've read....but it totally worked....

Let's take a moment to appreciate Vito Basso who,for me,is the perfect Lany,

(view spoiler)

Recommend....but don't take it too seriously....
Karla
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 ti amo stars!

My first time reading this author and it was a pleasant surprise. I'm totally in love with this series.

"Hot Mess" was really a hot mess in such a sweet and sexy way. We have Lany, who is quirky, a bit clueless, a walking disaster. One night out he finds himself in trouble and to the rescue comes the sexy S.W.A.T commander Salvador. His a total badass alpha to the core and when these two lock eyes that's all it took, pure insta love at its finest.

description

description

I love how there was no hesitati
Denise H.
*** This is book one in Stormy Glenn's new series. ***
Sweet Lany, 25, is a small guy with long hair and amber-green eyes.

It seems trouble follows him everywhere he goes. He's been challenged his whole life, after being born 3 months premature. He thinks it seems that he's always trying to catch up. This time he's people watching and next thing he knows he's punched and has a huge hand on his throat. He hears a voice from heaven... "Is there a problem here?" "Come to me, caro."
Sal had luscious
Susan

This was exactly what I needed! A small, clumsy man, getting swept off his feet by a big possessive alpha male. This could have been a shifter book, but without the shifters. Lots of growling and MINE MINE MINE. Insta-love to the max. It was absolutely wonderful!

Lany is a 25 year old small guy who keeps getting into trouble. When he is getting beaten up in the bathroom of a bar one night, he is releaved when a big man comes to his rescue.

Lany is not used to people actually wanting him
Jenni Lea
Freaking adorable

That was some awesome brain candy right there, I tell you what. Lany earned himself a spot in my pocket. He was so danged adorable. I couldn't care less that the story was ridiculous and over the top. That's the whole reason why I read it in the first place. This is a JL book for sure. Fabulous bit of escapism. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.

I rate this brain candy four Snickers bars - creamy chocolatey goodness with a peanut and nougat center to satisfy your
Barbara➰
Reread March 2018

Sal is still one hot Italian. This is insta-love on crack but sometimes I just need the easiness and no relationship drama.

Originally Read May 2017

Very insta-love MM but I liked it. Sal was all kinds of yummy deliciousness with his hot Italian speaking self 😍. Lany took me a little bit longer to warm up to though. I was worried he was a little too scatter brained to really take care of himself but he did seem to be growing and coming into his own by the end.

However, I did
Janie
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reread 4/17/18
This book is so absolutely OTT but I still loved it as much the second time around. It’s instalove on steroids and some of the situations are so unbelievable but sometimes I just want something easy without a bunch of relationship drama. Lany is definitely a hot mess and Sal is still delicious.

Original Review
Sal, Sal, Sal. He's one delicious Italiano. Total instalove which I happen to be a fan of. If it's not your thing then this definitely isn't a book for you. Lany grew on me as
Gigi
Suspend disbelief all who enter here! It was difficult, but I did it. The pairing of a macho top with a insecure, tiny bottom doesn't float my boat, but if that is your thing, you'll love this book. And a serious insta-love alert needs to be heeded. It was ridiculously fast. Again, suspend that disbelief for maximum enjoyment!

There are 4 more books in this series with the same characters, but I didn't like this one enough to want to read them.

Makhda
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
This is complete OTT insta-lovey which I normally can't stand but it's sweet and sexy, too so it was totally what I needed at the moment.
Zuzu
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did like this - just didn't love it. I did love these 2 guys together. Nothing better than a big, tough guy getting all mushy over another guy. I was in the mood for a OTT insta-love story and that's what I got. What I didn't get is (view spoiler) Killed my buzz. :(
Leaundra
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved this! It's a Stormy Glenn book with a hot alpha guy Sal who is in S.W.A.T. I loved him and Lany together, I loved Lany. I read this too fast but I'm so glad there's a book two ;-)
Christy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm always so excited to get my grubby little fingers on a new release from Stormy Glenn. She really knows how to tell a story and there's always plenty of excitement, intrigue, hot men, scorching sex, and a great happy ever after. Sometimes that's really all I need in a book and I usually like to come to this author for it… although sometimes I have to fight my friend for these books. *grins*

Lancaster Harris III, Lany, is definitely one of the best characters this author has written. He's littl
Viz
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its a fun read!! Love Lany... would love to read more about Lany!
Readers please do read it but don't try to find logic behind the actions. This is a "fun" read.

“You have a gun.”
Oh man, if Sal was a criminal, my father would flip. “Are you a mobster?”
“A mobster?” He didn’t sound mad, more confused and surprised by my question.
“Well, you’re Italian and you have a gun, so…”
Sal chuckled. “And that led you to think I’m a mobster?”
I shrugged. It made sense in my head. “Yes.”
“No, caro, I’m not a
Maria
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For pure, unadulterated silliness, I loved it. I've tried one other book from this author and could not finish it, it was that bad. We're not going to win a Pulitzer here but I don't imagine the author cares. I know I don't.

Hunky Italian meets sweet Hot Mess. Funny and engaging and quite sexy. There were some 'blow em up' moments that actually, weren't that difficult to read.

I'll go with 4.5 stars for the thrill ride. Less brain power needed here. Sometimes, that's a good thing. :)
Jacq
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I so enjoyed this read. Just knowing Cinnamon and whiskey has a delicious scent! More time spent together was needed.
Miriam
3.5 stars rounded down. This book could've easily been a 5 star because the MCs relationship and chemistry was off the charts awesome. However all that OTT angst and long period of separation between the MCs totally dampened my enjoyment this story. I am jumping right into Book 2 because I want more of Sal and Lany!
Lyn
3.5 stars. The angst was over done, but I loved these guys. They are sooo sweet and funny. I'm looking forward to reading the continuation of their life together in the other books.
Theresa
Fantastic sizzle at the beginning. Too long of a separation. Undeveloped bad guy. Boring ending that is saved only because there is another book in the series.
Hc
This turned out to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to the sequel, which I'm hoping is a continuation of the boys but I haven't seen a blurb yet.

Sometimes I pick a book and kind of rush into it. Like not really reading the blurb or half assing it to see if I want to go there. So, at first I didn't know this was NOT a shifter book. But hey, hot sexy cop.. I can handle that.

Of course what's in common with most shifter books? The fast developing of relationships. There were a few things that did
Tj
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: have, read-2016
I liked the story. It had all my fun and fluffy elements to make me happy, but...I wish the conflict between the characters was different. It just didn't really make the story. I had no issues with it otherwise, I just think in the end it was a bit boring and predictable.
Whitney
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: law-enforcement
Insta-love. I liked the book but didn't like the twist. spoiler>Booker tried to rape Lany and kill Sal. There wasn't enough build up to that betrayal.
Kittykills
reading on progress.... so will update as thoughts arrive.
thus far how can he take him down his throat and shooting down his throat but he tastes him on his tongue?
alternate POV with the chapters....pet peeve pulls me out of the story. five chapters down gracious how many more freaking times will I have to ready about how sal wants lany ( eye roll really??? grown assed man and his name gets shorter to that) in his bed, hone blah blah blah...very annoying
37.7%---aww, it's cute lany has to climb d
Jenny
I love insta-love. I think I put that each time I read a book with insta-love but I figure that serves as both a warning and a recommendation.

Sal & Lany are so disgustingly adorable and I absolutely love it. Sal is the alpha male confidence personified - he has sex appeal, commanding presence, and is hopelessly devoted to Lany as soon as their eyes meet. Lany is Murphy's law in the flesh. Born premature, battling health issues his whole life, low self-esteem, clingy, and notoriously clumsy
Ottilee B.
This is a 4+ star read. I liked the plot and the characters. I also liked the "mobster-mentality" that seemed to run thru the story! (I heard someone from the backlot at MGM Studios telling me the story in a thick Bronx accent whenever the Lt. spoke. Lovely!!) I had a problem with Lt. Alpha and his (to ME) pissant behavior but I understand. It was just aggravating because I'm NOT reading a m/f romance from a bygone era! (Although it is nice to know that Male Chauvanist Pig's still exist.)

Despite
llv
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
rating: 4.5 stars

I'm going back and leaving a rating for all the books in the series that I didn't rate at the time. I'm giving all the books in the series the same rating because I enjoyed each of them immensely.
Camylle
This was a cute read but Lany was THE BEST! I love him and his wit is right up my alley.
J
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A great short read. The MC's are an alpha male hunk SWAT member and the other a young man, now in his twenties, but because of his being born premature with many physical difficulties, he looks like a kid and has been overprotected and spoiled by his family. The SWAT guy knows instantly that this kid is for him but the kid and especially his well connected family are not so sure. I loved the two of them together and can't wait to get into Hot Mess 2.
andrea moran
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot mess

The title definitely describes the main character of this book to a tee but his alpha type partner seems up to the task of keeping him safe - ish!
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up

Hot Mess (7 books)
  • Hot Mess 2 (Hot Mess, #2)
  • Hot Mess 3 (Hot Mess, #3)
  • Hot Mess 4 (Hot Mess, #4)
  • Hot Mess 5 (Hot Mess, #5)
  • Hot Mess 6 (Hot Mess #6)
  • Hot Mess 7 (Hot Mess #7)