Start by marking “Breaking the Seventh” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Seventh

Breaking the Seventh

He's hot, blue-eyed and butt naked.

Did I mention he's naked? And I've never seen the guy before in my life! So WHY is he doing the backstroke in my neighbor's pool?

Myles Bellamy may be a walking wet dream, but turns out he's got the temperament of a bull shark. And yet every time I clash with the new next-door Neanderthal, I find myself fantasizing about all the dirty thin
Paperback
Published March 8th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Seventh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Seventh

Deborah
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5*

This is an absolute gem of a book it's funny, actually it's hilarious but it's also sweet yet sad in places.
It opens when Leah is 10 years old, it's her birthday and she's waiting not so patiently for her mum to get home from work so they can go to Sea World. This birthday is going to be the best she just knows it, parties haven't worked out that well for her in the past so this is a fresh start birthday wise. While she's waiting for her mother we get the highlights or should that be lowligh
Book-Bosomed  blog
Leah Whitfield, 23, is a mostly care-free spirit except when it comes to one day out of the year. And that day is looming very soon. But in the meantime, she’s distracted by the man next door, Myles “Hung-like-a-Russian-Racehorse” Bellamy, 26.

“Oh long Johnson, is he ever hot!”

I’d have to agree with Leah on that sentiment. While at first he comes off as a little cranky, Myles is actually quite the prince. In the sea of manwhore billionaires and sport star romantic heroes, Myles is refreshing as
Natalie The Biblioholic
This was the 100th book I've read for the year 2017 and it was bloody magnificent!! This was one of the funniest and sexiest books I have EVER read. It's definitely made it to my Best of 2017 pile and I can't wait to add the paperback to my bookshelves.

Leah and Myles, individually, were hilarious. Put these two characters together and they were hysterical. I choked so many times so please don't drink anything while reading this! I couldn't stop laughing. There were so many times I had to r
Carmen Rae
So this author is brand new to me but as soon as I read that blurb I was intrigued. Not just because of the naked sexy man in the swimming pool (although that was a huge selling point) but also because of the possibility of a funny and unique leading lady.

And that is exactly what I got. I loved every word of this story. It was different from what I was expecting since I had this idea that Leah was going to be a new age, flake that would make me laugh but who I wouldn’t be able to relate to in a
Dilek VT
I read "The Firefly Effect" by this author and loved it very much. This book's heroine Leah was a side character in that one. She was a nut case but a sweet and likable one. Therefore, I wanted to read her story when I learnt that "Breaking the Seventh" was about her.

***********************************************

Well, "The Firefly Effect" was my type of romance but this wasn't. This book heavily relies on sexual attraction and off-the-charts crazy talk. It is funny and sexy but it didn't make m
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Read an EXCERPT

Oooh ladies if you enjoy your hot steamy romance with a side of crazy and humor (or just crazy humor) then this is the book for you. What drew me first to this book was DEFINITELY the blurb. It is DEFINITELY eye-catching!!! Go ahead scroll up and read it again, I'll wait... Done? Good! If any of Allie Gail's books are fun gems like this then I will surely be picking up more books.

Leah Whitfield is definitely an insane chick who I'm pretty sure doesn't know boundaries of society.

Deborah G.
This was a wonderful story. A young woman, frequently uses the neighbour's swimming pool, as they have re-located temporarily, or so she thinks. One night she wanders on to the property, towel in hand & is greeted by a not so friendly "hot" guy...apparently the new home owner. In the beginning, even a welcome wagon couldn't cheer this guy up (Myles) but secretly he is very attracted to Leah. I loved both of the main characters. Leah, a tad quirky, superstitious, a little lost, kind, thoughtf ...more
Tatia
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fmr-reviews
4 stars

This was a fun read by a new to me author. The blurb is what immediately attracted me to this story. It sounded like a hot, funny read. Let's be honest, I can never get enough of them. This story didn't disappoint.

When Myles moved into his new home, he never thought to question his neighbors. Not until his next door neighbor invites herself over to his pool one evening without so much as a word. Not only did she get a mouthful, she also got an eyeful.

I couldn't get enough. Allie Gail knoc
FMR Book Grind
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
TATIA'S REVIEW
4 STARS

I couldn't get enough. A
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

I took a gamble with the book and author considering this is my first introduction to this author's work but if this book is anything to go by on her style of writing... then I am already hook, line and sinker. Breaking the Seventh was a brilliantly penned romantic comedy with plenty of laughs, smiles, one-liners and steam to keep me capitvated and glued to these words, cover to cover.

Who knew a case of trespassing and skinny dipping would forever change the course of these two people'
Renee Entress
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, funny, read-2017
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, crazy chick, Neanderthal, and heartbreak.

This is Leah and Myles’s story. First time Leah sees Myles he is naked in her neighbor’s pool. She is getting ready to celebrate her birthday soon and can’t be distracted. Her birthday is cursed or so she thinks. This is turn makes her look and sound crazy. But the banter back and forth between these two will keep you laughing through the entire story. Myles was not looking for love but he
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Breaking the Seventh by Allie Gail
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Holy funny!! I read the blurb and knew I needed this book!!
This story is about Lean and Miles. Leah is a freak out over the 7th day of July. She feels that her birthday is totally a bad day. Now she totally has every reason to boycott her
Mary Tatar
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, sexy, sweet, and everything that attracts me to a good book. This enemies to lover's romance was one that made me smile and giggling while reading it. The characters were all one's I wanted to spend time with. It was one of those stories you just wanted to be a part of, and one you wish didn't have to end.

Myles is Leah's new neighbor, and they meet while she decides to take a swim in his pool. She doesn't know he's moved in so there is a little tension, well a maybe more than a little. He'
Ceri
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. I really enjoyed the book. It was funny, with great characters. There didn't have to be any angst because the characters were good enough to keep you interested. I would definitely recommend it for romance readers. I do have to say I hate the cover. I found it a turn off that is hiding a good book.
Dawn West
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

I laughed. I cried. I blushed. I loved this book!

Leah's birthday is cursed and she can prove it. It all started when she was a child and her long-awaited birthday trip turned sour. Ever since, she's noticed a trend of terrible incidents occurring on that one day of the year. So what's a girl to do, other than lock herself inside her house and hunker down until the dreaded day passes.

That is, until a new guy moves in next door and tempt
Jazzysmum
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this one. Two delightful characters who deserved their happy ever after.
Leah was a little paranoid about her birthday and who can blame her, her bitch of a mother left her when she was 10.
But she grows and becomes a strong young woman with a supportive father and step family.
In next door, moves Myles, alittle grumpy at first, but who is connected to Leah in way that we don't find out until aways through the book - delightful.
I loved the laughs and lack of inanely stupid young wo
Elisa Wang
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book!
This was my first read by Allie Gail, but it definitely won't be my last!
I fell in love with her writing style, the fluidity of the story, the great characters, both main and secondary ones.

If you are in need to read something funny, hilarious, witty, lighthearted and again, hilarious, this book is definitely for you!

I loved both Leah and Myles. They are definitely made for each other, one crazier that the other :P
I had so much fun getting to know them, reading a
Lori
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
Not bad. Cute, a little predictable, but still fun to read.
Jessica
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from Allie Gail and I'm psyched I found it because I thought Breaking the Seventh was amazing. Moment to moment, I was either laughing out loud or swooning hard. I loved the characters and their connection!

Myles and Leah kick off their friendship in an highly amusing and memorable way. From that point on, you'll find yourself unable to look away from their developing relationship thanks to their fun and wickedly entertaining connection. These two are seriously hilarious -
Debbie Worthington
Kept my attention

I liked the characters. They seemed real to me. There was just enough 'oddness' to make it more realistic. I found myself drawn in to see what Leah would do. I would encourage others to enjoy this book.
Janet
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, sexy worthwhile read.

I really enjoyed Leah and Myles' story. The banter and exchange between them was hot, funny and sexy.

When Myles moves in next door to Leah, the fireworks start on both their parts. Leah has a sharp tongue and a sharper wit, and Myles is a wicked, deep voiced seducer. I loved them both so much.

The attraction between the two builds and I enjoyed how they interacted with one another and the way the author kept me hanging with suspense of would they or wouldn't they become
Jane
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!

This book turned out to be incredibly funny and surprisingly poignant...not to mention very sexy. The characters just jump off the pages and grab hold of the reader. I loved every minute I spent within the pages. Highly recommend.
Rosemary Hughes
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A young woman, Leah, who felt her birthday was cursed, due due a lot of weird and bad things occurring on that date, is proved wrong by her new neighbor. This neighbor, Myles, gets off on the wrong foot with Leah, when she uses his pool, not realizing that the property had been sold, and she no longer had rights to use the facilities.
The backstory is fascinating, as it is how the walk out by a mother on her daughter's 8th birthday, has caused the child to distort the calamities that occur on a
Xunaira J.
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Like many reviews, I'm not gonna leave hints for what the story entails because you have to give the author some credit and read it yourself. Just like The Firefly Effect, Breaking the Seventh was an amazingly lighthearted read with a lot of funny moments but what it had was a very deep message behind the carefree banter of the main protagonists. What I loved about the book was the wily and funny comments that Leah passed Myles was hilarious but what was awesome was the way their chemistry smold ...more
Liz
This was the appropriate length, but I still wanted more.

Quirky Leah has a new neighbor who's a little cranky. Myles has moved back to town after a horrible relationship where the woman stole a lot of money from him. Leah's had a few issues herself. And while she makes some poor choices in her life, she's pretty independent and strong.

Melanie and Shane make an appearance, but really this is about Leah and her issues with her birthday and her mom. Myles is pretty awesome and her friends are quirk
Anne-Marie Mogensen
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, cute, sweet and sassy - I enjoyed the heck out of this book and recommend one-clicking.
Full review will follow.
Linda
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I just felt like I was missing part of the story after I read the blurb. There was several times I was asking why and never knew the answer. I think the author could have expanded the story. This was a quick read but I think it would have been better to let us in on a couple of things. This story had potential.
Buffer
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute gem of a book! Such a quirky and adorable heroine, such a big hearted hero, and so much fun and banter. Love Leah and Mules. And the interwoven depths. I'll miss this!
Talltree
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Sassy Southern
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by Allie Gail and I must say I am disappointed. This story just felt rushed to me. After reading the blurb I was excited to read this but felt like I missed something, maybe there was a book before this or something.
Leah is free spirited and was been disappointed in the boyfriend department. Then she has feelings for her neighbor Myles. Her birthday is coming up and she hides because she fears something bad will happen on that day. I am not really sure why, we
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Holding Out For A Hero
  • The Boss: Book Five (The Boss, #5)
  • Unlovable (The Case Files of Dr. Matilda Schmidt, Paranormal Psychologist, #1)
  • Ravaged (Roman Holiday #4)
  • Legally Yours (Lawyers in Love #1)
  • Muse
  • What If It's Right?
  • A Common Scandal (The Grantham Girls, #2)
  • Incandescent
  • Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)
  • Talking About Sex...
  • Curing Doctor Vincent (The Good Doctor Trilogy,  #1)
  • Kissed
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • For Adriano (Chicago Syndicate, #3)
  • Ten Thousand Words (Ten Thousand #1)
Born and raised in rural Alabama, Allie Gail currently resides in sunny Florida with her very own blue-eyed Prince Charming and a hyperactive hamster named Toot-Toot. Always an avid reader, she took to her keyboard on a whim in 2012 and that was the last anyone ever saw of her. (Just kidding...I did venture out of the house that one time back in 2014, but only because I was tricked into it. Stupid ...more