Start by marking “Line Drive (Homeruns, #6)” as Want to Read:
Line Drive (Homeruns, #6)

Line Drive (Homeruns #6)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  343 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
PJ Nolan just has to get through this year. He’d been hoping for a trade to Milwaukee, where he wouldn’t have to hide the fact that he was gay, but that didn’t pan out. He’s close enough to achieving his goal that he can’t walk away, no matter how hostile the Miami clubhouse had become. That changes when he arrives for the first day of spring training and his teammates thi ...more
ebook
Published October 20th 2016 (first published October 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Line Drive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Line Drive

S.J. Himes
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite so far

Nate and PJ are great. Their connection, while close to instalove, is frankly irresistible and charming. I love how connected and in love they become and remain throughout PJ's trials on and off the field. Zach is fabulous and I can't wait for his story.
Ottilee
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, though it featured one glaring omission. On purpose? You be the judge.

PJ Nolan is a closeted baseball player who is "won" by out-n-proud Nate at a celebrity auction for the LGBT shelter in Milwaukee. (PJ's team is Miami.) When PJ gets to his locker, he finds it festooned with press pictures of that evening along with the ever present spoken slurs about gays in sports. In a moment of pissed off-ness, he tells his teammates to grow-up, etc and that he's gay before leaving the cl
Wendy Moore
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
P.J and Nate are my favorites so far. Each book gets better in this series. Looking forward to Nate's brothers story in the new series!!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

ARC received from author for an honest review

Batter up!

When Sloan Johnson offers you an advanced copy of her new book, this little black duck takes it.

I am a huge fan of the Homeruns series, and the latest installment, Line Drive was just perfection.

I don't know much about baseball (other than what I have learned from watching Major League, Bull Durham) but I love diving into a good sports romance.

This is a sports romance with a bit of a difference though - there isn't as much of the sport in L
Avid Reader
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Line Drive (Homeruns #6) by Sloan Johnson
4 stars
M/M Romance
Triggers: Physical violence, gay bashing/intolerance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

PJ is struggling. He sees how happy his friends are in their open and honest relationship, sees that they are able to focus solely on playing baseball, and despite wanting to finish his career in Miami, the jabs and jokes within his teams' locker room are becoming unbearable. He's coiling tighter and tighter - he's reaching his
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Wow. Usually, at this point in a series I’m getting bored and the stories are increasingly formulaic. But book seven in this series offers a whole new set of characters a whole new team and a new perspective on professional baseball.

I loved PJ as a leading man. A legend, ready to retire, he has one last record to set before he can call it quits on his own terms. He lives a closeted life in his father’s shadow. Things get compli
Dee
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
The story of PJ, Cliff's ex- friend with benefits, and Nate. PJ is mid 30s at the end of his baseball playing career and is still in the closet. He is playing for a homophobic Florida team and is constantly stressed about keeping his sexuality under wraps. He is coerced by Cliff into participating for a celebrity charity auction and is aghast to find he is bid on by a man. Nate bids on him recognizing in him the anxiety at being bid on by a woman but misinterpreting his need to be seen with a wo ...more
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the sixth book in the series, and I really enjoyed it as we take a move away from the good conditions of the team we know and love and remember the reality for most gay players in the league.

The build up to why the locker room incident happened is absolutely delicious, and makes the fall out even more harsh. As PJ comes to terms with the fact that Nate has rocked his world, he has to decide whether he should car
S.M. Harshell
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Line Drive is the sixth installment in this series. They can all be read as stand alones but are so much better reading as the author intended.

PJ isn't part of the Milwaukee Mavericks, he plays for Miami. He's always wanted to be in Miami, his dad played there and PJ is so close to hitting the 3000 hit club. PJ and his dad would be the first father son on the list. The closer PJ gets to that goal the harder it is to go to
Deanna Against Censorship
I love baseball! Baseball games (Yankees). Baseball movies. Baseball stories. I loved this story. I was hooked from the charity auction.
Stacy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Once again Sloan has brought us a wonderful story. Most of the time I am not a fan of instalove however this was not completely an instalove story. Yes, the main characters felt a connection right away but that was not the complete story. I loved that this showed more of an everyday life. Trying to work on building a relationship but actually become friends when you know there is more there than just friendship. I love the characters and storyline. The emotions of the characters pulling you in a ...more
Tracy Perry
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for review. I loved this series from the start & still love them. This was a great read, I really enjoyed reading it & I loved Nate & PJ! I found this book a bit emotional & heartbreaking because of the way PJ was treated by his team, I cried a few times, so sad. The book was also sweet, heartwarming & hot ;) Great love story in there :) Wonderful Story Sloan!
Alexandra
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, sports
Homeruns series addicted!!! I had already told you? Dreamy story *sigh*
Jen
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read

The book itself was short and the storyline moved VERY quickly. The relationship sprouted quickly and while it was fun to read...it was a little too quick for me. Looking forward to reading more about Nate and liked getting a glimpse at the other guys from previous books.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Line Drive is the sixth novel in the Homeruns series. Each book follows a different couple so they can be read as standalones but they do connect. I recommend reading the whole series even if you start after reading Line Drive because it's amazing. I mean, what's better than a hot baseball player? Two hot baseball players sharing a connection inside and outside of the bedroom. Back to Line Drive, I met PJ briefly in Change Up and now it's time for his own story. The series is moving to Miami!

It
Heather Martin
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

This is Book 6 in Sloan Johnson's Homeruns series and each book could be read on its own, but come on, do yourself a favor and read all of them! Each book in this series just gets better and better, plus there's always crossover with previous characters and you really, really want to know their story!

This book tells PJ's story, who we met in the pr
Bo
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best of the Series

I am giving this one five stars despite the fact that Sloan Johnson once again angered me beyond reason by (in the Epilogue) once again having the visiting team bat in the bottom of the inning. As I mentioned in my review of the previous book in this series, she is the FOURTH author of gay baseball books who has made this egregious and unforgiveable mistake. For goodness sakes, in your Acknowledgement you could at least identify the person who let you get away with that.

However
Lisa1269
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Whether or not I’m good at showing you how I feel, there’s nothing more important in my life than you. Nothing.”
I loved PJ & Nate so much, the almost overwhelming pull between them is evident from their first encounter and only strengthens as they explore their attraction. The dymanic between them is fun and playful, both in the bedroom and outside of it, there’s something about their connection that just felt ‘right’ and kept me hooked from start to finish.
It’s so easy to get caught up in
Melissa
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leah
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
PJ Nolan has been hiding his sexuality for years and biting his tongue with his homophobic baseball teammates. He’s tired of hiding who he is especially as more players have been coming out and continuing to have a successful baseball career. After a chance encounter with Nate Kendricks has him kicking himself for not showing more interest, he comes out to his team after a “prank” has him unable to contain himself any longer. When Nate reaches out to him he decides he isn’t going to waste his se ...more
Leda
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for Sloan Johnson in the Homeruns series. I am such a big fan of this series! I loved the chemistry between PJ and Nate. PJ had to endure a lot from a few team mates regarding his sexuality. I thought he handled everything like a champ and Nate was a wonderful partner to him.

This series has such great characters and the writing is fantastic! A must read for M/M romance lovers. I'm looking forward to more of this series. Maybe a book for Rook? And we'll soon be getting a book for Nat
Cadiva
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Sloan Johnson's baseball men

These books are just great reads. There's nothing out of the ordinary with them, no amazingly complex plots, just good storytelling and a bunch of beautifully written men.

Sometimes they're a little feisty, the men not the books, sometimes they're a little bit sweet and sometimes there is a mixture of both.

This one's a treat in that it's a lot of light and sweetness with just a little bit of angry to stop it being saccharine and it brings us back into the orbit
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
Sloan Johnson did it again with smashing the ball outta the park with PJ & Nate's story - pun totally intended.

I enjoyed every aspect of the story - the relationship between Nate & Zach, seeing the Mavericks again and catching up the guys, as well as seeing PJ & Nate's relationship evolve to something beautiful despite all the obstacles in their way.

The build up of chemistry between the characters was intense and hot to witness.

I am bouncing on my toes at the thought Zach might get
Heather
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I enjoyed the characters and the realness of the situations that Nate and P.J. were dealing with. I also loved how even though there was an age difference and they hadn't known one another long, they were all in. They got each other and were a good balance for one another.

Sloan Johnson has a way of drawing you into the world these guys are living in and you just want to stay there. I've enjoyed every book in this series and this was definitely one of my favorites.
Mags
4.5☆

I really enjoyed this story, it had me hooked from the very start and both characters were really likable. The story itself was enjoyable to read, there was little angst, plenty of hot moments and in a lot of ways it reminded me more of the earlier books in this series which are my some of my favourites. Overall it was a really entertaining read and I liked Nate's twin brother Zach a lot and am looking forward to reading more about him in the future and would certainly recommend this story t
Rachel
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing series...

I was tickled to see a new book in this series. The storyline was strong. I am not sure it was my favorite in the series but having it tie in with the Milwaukee team helped.
I can't put my finger on why it was different from the Milwaukee team. However it did have what I assume, comm o n issues a real team or person may face.
I did love how Cam and Mason helped an outsider learn to fit in.

I do hope when the time comes, there is a final book, saying what all the characters are
Jenn C
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another Winner in this series. Nate and PJ are adorable together and I really got sucked into Nate being the light PJ needed. I felt so bad for the rubbish PJ had to out up with I was cheering the decisions he made knowing he now had to begin living his life for and with Nate.

Yes I know it was another case of insta-love but it didn't bother me in the least. I could see right away there was just something about these two that clicked.
Krinessa
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another home run!

I truly enjoyed PJ and Nate's story. Sloan has done it again with her baseball hotties and this did not disappoint. I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every story and PJ an Nate were indeed amongst the guys who had to work to grow together and learn to trust in each other and themselves. Wouldn't it be something if Mercer was secretly closeted after all the hell he put PJ and the Miami Lightening team through? It's just a thought. ;-)
Jamiekrungers
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.. Not my favorite from the series but their story is cute. I pictured Nate like Cam, and I honestly think the two of them are like bff's. I love that there's no major drama/angst here and I kinda find it cute that they are so sweet though I'm not a fan of instalove. But it was a good read, I did enjoyed every bit. So, is this the last book from this series? Because I'm excited for the next book series and it was Zack.
Annette
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this has just become my favorite of this series. Pj lives in two worlds, the spotlight and the closet. Nate is not hiding his sexuality. This story is about building relationships. Making changes, sacrifices and compromises to have each other in their lives. There is a little bit of steam. Complex emotions come into play, making each of them reevaluate what exactly is important. It is a bumpy road to their happy ending, but sit back and enjoy the ride.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
7162059
Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.

When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick
More about Sloan Johnson...

Homeruns (6 books)
  • Wild Pitch (Homeruns #1)
  • Curve Ball (Homeruns #2)
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
  • Sweet Spot (Homeruns, #4)
  • Change Up (Homeruns #5)