Start by marking “Word of Honor (Knights of Honor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Word of Honor (Knights of Honor, #1)

Word of Honor (Knights of Honor #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  182 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Become swept away in Alexa Aston’s new Knights of Honor, a medieval series set in the time of Edward III’s reign in England. At its heart are Geoffrey and Merryn, who will find lasting love in Word of Honor. This pair plays a part in each book of the series—sometimes small, sometimes large—as new couples come together to find passion and true love. Each romance focuses on ...more
Published October 25th 2016 by Dragonblade Publishling, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Word of Honor, please sign up.
Alexa Aston I'm delighted that you enjoyed Geoffrey & Merryn's story, Lizzie! Dragonblade Publishing will release 6 books in The Knights of Honor series, so…moreI'm delighted that you enjoyed Geoffrey & Merryn's story, Lizzie! Dragonblade Publishing will release 6 books in The Knights of Honor series, so you'll be seeing more of Geoffrey, Merryn, and other assorted de Montforts. Read about the first 4 books and see their covers here: http://www.laurenlinwood.com/alexa-as...

I've also released 9 other romances under the name Lauren Linwood - 4 western historicals, 3 medieval historicals, & 2 romantic suspense novels. You can read blurbs for all of these at: http://www.laurenlinwood.com

Let me know if you try any of these, and tell me what you think!(less)

This could have been an interesting story but I just didn't enjoy the writing style. There was too much telling, not enough showing. The language was too modern, despite the cultural details of those times, and neither MC was all that compelling. I found myself bored.

The romance was underwhelming too. Minutes after signing the betrothal contract, the H thinks this: He still had time to sow his wild oats before making Merryn his in every way. Merryn, the h, was only 13 at the time and I understa
Celestine
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Geoffrey and Merryn, childhood sweethearts and a young, married couple, are perfect for one another and absolutely adorable. Then tragedy comes upon them and their love is tested - for years. Some aspects of this book were hard to read, and yet readers will root for them. I felt the plot was a little loosy-goosy, and then there is a whopper of an unbelievable plot contrivance. You know the kind where the villain talks and talks and leaves before killing the hero. Yep, that kind. I was a little w ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I just could not put it down. I love historical romance. I love medieval historical romance. I love romances that are based around honor, duty, respect, courage, and love. Geoffrey and Merryn takes me on a journey that last for many years. It endures much from the betrothal to the marriage to the separation and then back to the reunion. Between all those times, their love and honor keeps them coming back together again and again.

The test of love, respect, devotion, hope, and honor are all put t
Lily
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This novel kept me on the edge of my seat! I liked how unpredictable it was, I never saw the dark turn it took coming. The characters were very strong, yet likable and appealing. Their chemistry was powerful and the sexual connection was steamy. I'm glad I found this new author. I am eager to begin the next book in the series. Nice cover photo too!
Amelia
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The medieval world Lauren Linwood created for her Knights of Honor series is believably entertaining. From diverse characters to emotionally trying circumstances to vivid descriptions, I experienced this period in history where lives are often chaotic and happiness frequently lasts for only a brief time. With unexpected foes battling against those who live by high moral standards, the story captures your full attention and never lets go until every compelling situation plays out. WORD OF HONOR c ...more
Eileen Dandashi
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As many of you may know, I’m partial to historical romance and Medieval stories are my strong inclination. I’m always ready for a good story with plenty of ruthlessness displaying the worst of man’s inclinations and counter-balancing with the very best of man and what he/she values in his/her life.

Geoffrey de Montfort, the hero of the story, is truly some sort of demigod. Do they still make them this way? A knight, who lives the rules of knighthood, and the code of chivalry to his core, and kno
Maria
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars - I would have loved to have given a higher rating. Word of Honor is the first book in this author's "Knights of Honor Series". I can say Alexa Aston is a brand new author for me and I am glad I took a chance on her story. I was pleasantly surprised with this incredible story. The plot was very intriguing and it kept drawing me in more and more. That told me, it would be a story I would thoroughly enjoy.

This is a story of true love and the possibility of overcoming severe obstacles (ind
Barbara
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book one in the Knights of Honor Series; a medieval series set in the time of Edward 111’s reign in England.This book is mainly Merryn Mantel and Geoffrey de Montfort story but they will appear in each book of the series. They have been betrothed from a young age Geoffrey leaves England to fight against the French and he is away for five years he comes back after the English victory at Poitiers, and he and Merryn wed.they spend a night together and he is gone the next day this time he is away fo ...more
Layne
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure!

One Knight so honorable that no matter the personal cost would never break his word once given. A spy caught in the act of betraying his country and King. A woman who loves the Knight waiting for him to come home to marry her. Seven years spent in a dungeon with no hope of escape. This adventure is worth taking. It has romance, intrigue and a love so deep and abiding that nothing can kill it. A must read!
Kaila
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story. The emotions were all over the place... Sweet.. sad... happy... anger and pain.. love and excitement.. so much was going on.. I really enjoyed all the characters and the storyline and I'm glad i got to review it
Carolyn
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aston-alexa
This was REALLY good! I loved Merryn and Geoffrey. I can't wait for the series to continue. Most especially since we are teased with the fact that these two wonderful characters will continue appearing in future books!
86  yr female, loves to read and shop.
Word of honor

Very good love story. Smooth writing, enjoyable, positive likeable characters. Looking forward to future books in this series. Hope hey are as good. Read and enjoy.
Jo Anne Greenberg
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOW!

This story brought tears to my eyes a couple of times. What a courageous couple. I recommend this book to anyone who loves knights and the middle ages.
LuAnn Evans
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed!

I really enjoyed this book so much that I had a hard time putting it down! I look forward to her next book
Izzie d
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent story, they are a devoted couple, fiercely loyal to each other, traumatised trying to find their way back to each other. Good story, quite exciting.
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on my blog: Review: Word of Honor by Lauren Linwood

This review was also posted on the original release under Lauren Linwood (who is Alexa Aston).

review

I read this book in one day. My voracious appetite for the story was surprising, since I haven’t done that in a long time. It was such a heartbreaking beginning that I could sense the foreboding in the first few chapters. Marrying for love and a seemingly HEA early in the story could only mean bad news.

My heart went out to both of the
Linda J.
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book in a bundle by the author that includes 3 full length stories called Knights of Honor.

I kept waiting for someone to review the bundle before I purchased it. This author is new to me and I normally wait to see what other reviewer's felt. I am so glad I didn't wait and I will be signing up for this author's newsletter.

WORD OF HONOR - 5 STARS. I wish I was better at conveying what all happens in this story, so much that I couldn't stop reading. I enjoyed how we meet them wh
Pamela Hastings
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Story!

I found myself drawn into this story from the first page. The plot is creatively developed. Geoffrey and Merryn's story of love, and the obstacles they overcame made me want to know what happens next in their lives. Can't wait for the next book!
Monique
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
When I started reading this, I was tempted to quit early on. The writing style was not to my liking, really, as it consisted of a lot of short dull sentences, like 'He sat down in the chair.' There was also a lot of telling and not enough showing.
Still, as I liked the plot overall, I kept on reading. I noticed that the writing improved a little as the story went along. One plot device was OTT absurd (view spoiler)
Gerrie
3.5 out of 5 stars
C. Roberts
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Suspense aplenty

The plot was suspenseful, almost too much so. The characters were well constructed. I believe that this was a great historical romance.
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rien à dire si ce n'est: attrapée, ficelée et lu d'une traite cette belle histoire .
barbara burnett
Nov 17, 2016
Doreen
Apr 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Alexa Aston’s historical romances use history as a backdrop to place her characters in extraordinary circumstances, where their intense desire for one another grows into the treasured gift of love.

She is the author of The Knights of Honor, a medieval romance series that takes place in 14th century England during the reign of Edward III and centers on the de Montfort family. Each romance focuses o
More about Alexa Aston

Knights of Honor (8 books)
  • Marked by Honor (Knights of Honor, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Knights of Honor, #3)
  • Journey to Honor (Knights of Honor, #4)
  • Heart of Honor (Knights of Honor, #5)
  • Bold in Honor (Knights of Honor, #6)
  • Love and Honor (Knights of Honor, #7)
  • Gift of Honor (Knights of Honor #8)