Start by marking “Make Her Howl (Grayslake: More than Mated)” as Want to Read:
Make Her Howl (Grayslake: More than Mated)

Make Her Howl

(Grayslake: More Than Mated Universe)

When you’ve loved and lost a fated mate, can you dare to hope for a second chance?

After her human mate was tragically killed years ago, wolf shifter Magda fled Grayslake and all it meant. She only returned to protect her adopted daughter and she’s determined to stay out of local shifter politics.

Marc has spent years protecting Grayslake’s shifters after a tragedy of his
Published September 19th 2016 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Make Her Howl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Her Howl

Marta Cox
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Celia Kyles Greyslake books for quite some time but admit I felt trepidation about other authors stepping in and writing about the world she has created. Well this author is not as well known to me but I'm very impressed with this book. Firstly it's still chock full of loveable characters that I feel I know, secondly it's rife with the trademark humour that tickles my funny bone so deliciously and finally it's a story that felt poignant and real.
The book might start out as a w
Melanie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2016, pnr, 4-stars
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

I got this book for review from the author of the original series, Celia Kyle. She wrote the Grayslake series which follows mostly bears, but also wolves, hyenas and even a mole shifter. I really loved the original series as it tackles some pretty tough topics such a abuse, racism and more in a story that is pretty funny and full of great characters. I was a bit apprehensive about other authors writing short stories based in the same world and even the
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
This was such a short sweet read. I love second chance books and books with older characters in them. Plus the fact we get a glimpse into the lives of previous books characters always makes this girl happy. I love getting to see what is going on in the Grayslake world.

Both Madge and Marc lost their mates years ago. I really rooted for these two. I needed them to have an HEA and make my heart happy. Thank goodness, Flora Dare gave them and me that HEA. HEHE

When Madge realized her wolf wanted Mar
Nancy Bodie
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline!

I loved this well written quick read. The characters were strong and relatively easy to like. It was a great fit into this Kindle World. Loved how she portrayed Reid! I will say if you could vote in partial stars I would do 4.5 because of the need to be carefully proofread.
Judye
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Well this was a great sequel to Liras Story a shifter who thought her world died when her mate did surprise
Tina
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magda never wanted to return to Grayslake, but her daughter has found her mate and will be settling there. Magda wants to be in her daughter’s life so she has little choice. Marc lost his mate long ago but Magda reminds him that he may have a second chance for love. Can he convince Magda to let go of past hurts and embrace a future with him?
Make Her Howl by Flora Dare is part of the Grayslake: More Than Mated kindle world. While it does build upon a previous story it can be read as a standalone
Kim
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant surprise. Make Her Howl was about second chances. Both Magda and Marc have lost mates. Magda is shut off from the world and keeps herself from being hurt. Marc just wants a chance to touch and dance with her. There are so many people rallying for them.

With the entire town in their business, they will either be driven together or apart. It's just a matter of if Magda can open her heart. Make Her Howl was a sweet visit to Greyslake and to never being too late to find a new love.
Lorraine
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magda and Marc had both lost mates and now found each other,,, it was a lovely story of lost love and new love.. a must read...
Sherri
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Finally Jake and Lira get their wedding. Meanwhile Lira's step-mom Magda and Marc have a second chance at a mating if Magda can ever get over what happened to her. It's a journey but love always wins!
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Magda and her best friend Deidre went against the grain and chose human mates. Their wolf pack disagreed with this and prompted the girls to run away with their lovers. Both she and Deidre were pregnant. A terrible accident took the life of her mate, her child, and Deidre's mate. After the accident, she and Deidre fled leaving their home behind. Some years later, Deidre died of cancer and Magda took on raising Deidre's daughter Lira. In this b
Sue Davis
Shelves: favorite
GREAT FLORA, AN OLDER PERSONS LOVE STORY,SECOND CHANCES
I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR AN HONEST REVIEW...... OVER 18+ READING
One thing I loved about this is even though the first pair in love are young, the main story if of older adults Magda's(wolf shifter, but not part of any pack, not even the one she was born into) first fated mate was killed 20 years ago. On the night she and her friend Deirdre and their two human mates ran away to marry, an accident and both mates were dead, the two girl and
Cyn Silvane
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you believe in second chances this is the book for you. Not your typical 20 something heroine with a slightly older hero. Both the heroine and the hero are in their forties. I found it to be a refreshing change of pace. I noticed Ms. Dare uses a lot of modern ‘slang’ in her writing. It made it feel very current and ‘hip’. (Dating myself with the reference to ‘hip’.)
The book is set in Celia Kyle’s Grayslake’s world. You will get to touch base with a couple of the characters from the original
Rebecca Grove
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magda is a wolf shifter who turned her back on the pack when her human mate was killed. She raised her best friends daughter after her friend died of cancer. He daughter returned to Magda's old hometown and has mated a bear. It is now time for her daughter's wedding. She likes being in Grayslake but she has no intentions of rejoining the pack since her previous experience was so bad. She is also afrad of getting close to someone again and losing them. She does not want another mate.
Marc is the
Amy
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Magda and Marc really heat up the sheets, and they have an emotional connection as well. This is a second chance at mated love for both of them.

Marc does whatever he must, to break through the walls Magda put up after her mate died. She also doesn't want to join the pack and. Marc's one determined wolf, though, and he wants Magda.

Even the supporting characters have juicy story lines, like Jake and Lia planning their wedding, and those preparations let Marc and Magda get to know each other better
Ana
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll never get tired of those Grayslake grannie's funny meddling. Love em!

Magda has lived with the memory of her dead human mate Stuart for too long, but she won't give it up even when she is smacked with the truth that she can have a second chance at love. That's when memaw, her mother Grace and everybody else at Grayslake decides to chip in at pushing her into the arms of the all too hot Doc. But will all that pushing and prodding make her accept the fact that she does have a chance at being h
Denise
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
If you have not had a chance to read any of this series you are really missing a very good book. Each book has a different author and story. This one is about a wolf shifter Magda who lost her human mate while feeling Grayslake with her best friend Deidre who lost her mate at the same time. Deidre is pregnant but died when her baby was a toddler . Magda brought up Deidre's daughter Lira as her own. Lira has always know about her birth mother. Magda returns to Grayslake to protect her adopted dau ...more
Lexee Toste
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this story!!!! It was so great to get Magda's story! She absolutely deserved to get her happy ending. Magda and Marc are great and I loved getting to see more of the characters from Secrets to Bear by Flora Dare. This book is closely related but can be read as a standalone though you will get a lot more enjoyment out of it if you have read it. The characters are great and well written as is the story. I loved the byplay between the characters and the story lines. I thought it was really ...more
Carrie
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

It was completely exciting to dive back into this side story after having finished up the main book. If you’ve read the series, then you know that Magda is the adoptive mother of a newly mated girl that ultimately drove her back to her hometown of Grayslake. Having already gone through the love and loss of a mate, she has no interest in getting involved with anyone. Marc, however, won’t take no for an answer. He knows what loss is
Barbara
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this story in exchange for an honest review. Mia is arranging the wedding for Lira. It will be the wedding that Lira dreamed of and quick enough to satisfy Jake. Even the Itan (equivalent to the Alpha for werewolves) is helping with the wedding so he can keep his mate happy. Marc Lincoln was hoping to run into Magda, He wants her for his mate. When Magda sees the doctor, her wolf gets very excited, but thinks he is too charming with all the women. Since Mia invited eve ...more
Pam Louis
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magda had to leave Grayslake along time ago because the Itan at the time wouldn’t let her stay mated to a human she lost him. Now her adopted daughter (lira) is mating Jake who is part of Ty's bear clan.
There is also a wolf doctor who has his attention on her. She knows she is his mate and if they let it happen both have a chance at happiness and love again but only if Magda can open up and trust.

Great storyline. The characters are wonderful with lots of drama and spice. This really was a fun
D Thomas
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grayslake: More than Mated: Make Her Howl (Kindle Worlds Novella)
by Flora Dare

Again....I can not say enough just how much I love this series.

Though it is always fun to read about the young ones finding their mates and the trials and tribulations they go through.... It is also really nice to read about the generation before them finding the one for them.
Even a second chance can be as exciting as the first time.

Ms Dare does a wonderful job with Magda and Marc's story.

*ARC given for an honest revi
L M
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable story that was a pleasure to read.
A good follow on straight from where SECRETS TO BEAR finished.
Nice to have a mature couple in the top spot.
It took Magda a while to let her sad past recede to where it was not crippling her from having a future.
Dr Marc was lovely and embraced having a chance at a second mate.
Loved the meddling old biddies in this book as much as in the previous story.
Reid is growing on me, very slowly.
This book just needed a good proof reader to stop silly mist
Lisa Bing
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love how different authors are able to contribute to a series I love and re-read regularly! This was a very nice change in that the characters were a little more mature and yet had all the fire you want in a hot romance. Magda and Marc burned up the sheets after navigating her fear of commitment and go their own HEA. I was gifted a complimentary copy of this book for an honest review and I loved it!
Rebecca Stigers
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Flora Dare! I've not reread a book of her's I didn't love. They characters are great and the story line was great. I laughed and cried. Magda is a strong woman/wolf and Marc is a strong hot man/wolf and a good Doctor. They both have a sad past but now it's about the future. Can they get a second chance at love and mates or do they just get one chance and they had already had it? Well if you want to know you have to read it! Trust me you'll love it!
Debbie Swift
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This second-chance love story features Lira and Jake's wedding, as well as, Lira's mom Magda getting another chance at love. Marc was so sweet and supportive to Magda. I was glad to see these two work through their differences and make it to their HEA. Great addition to the Grayslake KW. Recommended!
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this continuation!

Flora Dare does a beautiful job of giving Magda her HEA! I was hooked the moment I read the intro, knew I should buy right away! I only had a few confusing spots, sometimes depending on who is talking to Grace, or memaw or momma, got a little confusing and had to back track.
Lory
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great addition to the Grayslake series. I'm a sucker for second chances of love story especially with older couples because love has no age limit. I just wish that it wouldn't have taken in so long for Magda and Marc relationship to development. Overall a good read. I received this book book in exchange for my honest review.
Andie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Was given a copy for a honest review.

I love this series and the characters in it. Magda is a feisty mom and isn't going to let people roll over her daughter's wishes but when it comes to her life she is a bit more damaged and it makes it more complicated.
Really liked this book but wish it was longer so could get more into the characters and then would have given it full marks.
Hsu Lee
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a warm story!
This was about 2nd chances.
Magda + Marc thought that they only had 1 chance at love.
After all, both of them had lost their fated mates.
When Marc met Magda, he had that same feeling of meeting his fated mate again.
Can it be ?
Magda was a little slower to catch up.
I am glad to know that 2nd chances are possible!
Kudos to Flora!
Lorie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well written, nice flow to the story. Nice to see how Reid is progressing past being a Jack@ss. Has some light humor that had me chuckling such as Reid and how he 'feels' about getting Madga to join the pack.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Flora Dare lives in Durham, NC in a cute little pink house, with her husband, Scott and their hellion of a puppy, HaliToeses. She writes love, lust and mayhem in almost every flavor, and like The Pirate Movie, she wants a happy ending, every time!

Grayslake: More Than Mated Universe (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Growling For Mine (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • Furrever Yours (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • The Right Spot (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • Never Kiss A Wolf (Grayslake: More Than Mated; Southern Shifters, #6.5)
  • Lyin' Heart (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • Lion To Get Her (Grayslake: More Than Mated; The Jamesburg Shifters, #8)
  • Creed's Claim (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • Secrets to Bear (Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World)
  • Fated And Furr-oscious (Grayslake: More Than Mated)
  • Night Frenzy (Grayslake: More Than Mated)