Start by marking “City of Wind (Steel and Fire, #4)” as Want to Read:
City of Wind (Steel and Fire, #4)

City of Wind

(Steel and Fire #4)

Dara Ruminor is a serious young duelist in the mountaintop kingdom of Vertigon, a land of dramatic cliffs and misty peaks where mysterious Fire magic runs through the stones like blood. The secluded kingdom has been peaceful for a hundred years. Swords are used for sport, and successful athletes live like kings as long as the crowds love them.

Eighteen-year-old Dara needs
Published (first published December 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about City of Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Wind

Start your review of City of Wind (Steel and Fire, #4)
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Going to make this review a quick one, and I'll come back to it later!

This series is adorable and definitely deserves some attention. The characters are so precious and there are lots of cute ships. The pacing lags a bit in some areas but I didn't really care. The writing is great and the plot is fun. Sometimes it seems a bit on the younger side of YA, especially as we're now following Siv's sisters who are younger, but Dara and Siv are 19-20 I think, and their POVs are a bit older.

Anyway, as
Essie (Midknight.traveller)
A lot of ooc behaviour going on and I just didn't think that some parts of the book was true to the characters themselves. You can't just be one person and suddenly change. I'll read the last installment because I want to know what happens but City of Wind wasn't as good as I had hoped it to be. Felt like we took three steps forward and then two steps back with City of Wind.
Teigan
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
And the situation keeps getting worse and worse...

I thought that this was lengthier than necessary and got bored at times, which is why is took me so long to actually finish it. But the latter part was where things went up a notch and the excitement was brought back!
Lauren Werley Lankford
Sep 25, 2016 marked it as to-read
I loved the first three in the series - is there a release date for book 4??
Henriette
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I almost stopped reading the series after the third book. It was boring; the characters acted inconsistently, and world-building was only hinted at (such as the importance of true dragons). But I gave the fourth book a chance and I'm glad I did. This is probably my favorite book in the series besides the first one.

Siv and Dara are still the main characters. The third book also told the story from Sora‘sPOV to show the happenings in Vertigon and now Sel’s showing what transpires in Trure and the
Pat
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series...and this was an excellent addition to it! I love Dara and Siv -- but also Vine, Rid, Latch, Kres and all of the team, as well as Sora and Kel (have hope there) and, of course, Selivia and the dragon! Still not sure about Vex or Khrillin.

One Great aspect of this series is the realistic personality flaws that each character has – even the main characters. We get to see numerous times when the lure of power causes the people that we care about to make bad decisions.

Just a great
bookobsessed
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the first 50% of this book was pretty dull (which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5). I mean, there was plenty of character development and it was very good, but nothing was really advancing the plot. I jumped back in and finished the rest of the book today and am so elated, sad, frustrated, and various other emotions. I cried, laughed, wanted to pull my hair out, it was so amazing. Dara and Siv are my OTP at this point and they are both so amazing as characters. I cannot wait to read ...more
Lorie Ladison
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a roller coaster ride. It had exciting moments and not so exciting chapters. I was going to give it a 3 star review until the last 180 pages or so. The story took a huge turn and every page was exciting and left me not wanting to put the book down, eager to see what would happen next. You can never know who the main characters can trust because everyone has an agenda of their own. I’m excited to see how this story concludes.
Karen
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The seduction of power

I had a harder time staying engaged with this KU library selection than with the first three books in the series. The players are mired in the machinations of others, greed for power has set nation against nation and good people have paid the price. Dara has been trapped by a water wielder's spell, Siv refuses to leave her behind and battles in the pens of Pendark for money for their return home, Selivia is being sheltered in the desert of Trure and Sora is still the puppet
Lynn Clark
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well done!

The twists in this book and those leading up to it are absolutely astounding! This book and its major setbacks were tied up nicely and the lovely subplots that I had no idea of the purpose for has now made it to where I might not get any sleep, regardless of work in the morning.
Kristine Brooke
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, gym-reads
I'm going to be sad to see this series end. I've grown incredibly fond of Dara and Siv and have gotten used to spending time with them over these past few weeks. They've been excellent company and the feels are hitting me pretty hard knowing the next book is the last. I will say though, I am genuinely curious to see how this ends...
Mflukie
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things just went from a decent book series to a great one. Part of it was the multiple POVs. It gave the storyline a complex feel but not in a way that gets you lost. Hope the next book doesn’t disappoint when ending it. Fingers crossed.
Dave
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book in the series

As you read each book the story gets better and better. It is an easy read but so good for getting your mind off of what is happening in your life/ the world. Great place to escape to!
Stacy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was 350 pages and it easily could have been condensed in 200 pages or less without missing anything important. These books continue to get harder to read because not much seems to happen until the end of of each book. Good idea though and I'm still fairly fond of the characters.
Barbara
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
City of Wind (Steel and Fire Book 4)

Having read the penultimate Book 4, I’m having a hard time to start Book 5. This will be the end of a wonderful journey and the world of magic is just that, MAGIC. Don’t miss it!
Stephanie Meehan
Water

This was really well done. The story build throughout the book. Dara is trapped and Siv must save her or he'll lose everything. I loved the new POV of Sel. She is so cute and strong. This is a great 4th book that sets up an epic finale!
Patricia A Spring
Delightful fantasy

This story is again n interesting attention holding read but it really isn't a stand alone. You need to start with book one to enjoy the story. The repeated angst of certain characters gets a bit annoying though, that's my only complaint.
Colleen
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Impressive

What starts as a small town tale and romance explodes into an epic adventure as the series progresses. The series is full of interesting characters and plot twists. The romance is rated PG although the series does become more violent.
Gail
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Siv and Dara are in Pendark and seem to be ensnared. Dara is bound to Wyla and is learning how to control watermight. Siv is fighting in the arena. Things are getting tense and it doesn't look good for the group. How will Dara rid herself of the bind she has to Wyla?
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still continues to be a good series. There are still parts that I skimmed through here simply because I felt they did little -- or nothing -- to further the plot, but this installment introduced some exciting new possibilities and left me eager to move on to the fifth.
Reza Hematti
Honestly, you can watch " Avatar the last air bender " instead and have a more memorable time...
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

Just delightful. I loved the different POVs. It was wonderful to get inside Sel and Sora's heads. There was tons of action, intrigue, romance, and cuddly dragons.
Joe Cochran
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another good read and I rather enjoyed it. I don't need to give anything away about the story just that I find the series itself not to be to bad for its genre. Now on to book five.
Taylor
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at my blog: Babbling Books

While I liked this book as much as the others I will admit that I didn’t like it the same way. I felt like with the addition of Selivia’s POV there was more of a focus on the overall war narrative and less of a focus on the smaller character arcs. I do wish there had been more between Siv and Dara but I loved what there was and their relationship is still the best part of the series. The way the author depicts Siv’s confidence and trust in Dara and her
Ed Fultz
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

They are all great so far... never bored.... new characters in every book it hard to go to sleep j7st wnt to keep reading
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
One heck of a ride!!!!
Roxy Fox
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
decent ending to a fun and clean series
Tillie Zaloga
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m throughly enjoying this story and its characters!!!
Louise
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gotta say, I really enjoyed this one. All the different plots and twists, make for truly delicious reading. Can't wait to read the last one.

• Mage Strike (The Enslaved Chronicles, #2)
  • Star Mage (The Enslaved Chronicles, #3)
  • Mage Slave (The Enslaved Chronicles, #1)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • A Knife of Oblivion (The Kingmakers' War, #8)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • A Court of Lies (The Kingmakers' War, #6)
  • ЯED (True Reign, #2)
  • A Kiss of Treason (The Kingmakers' War, #3)
  • A Bed of Blades (The Kingmakers' War, #2)
  • A Circle of Flames (The Kingmakers' War, #4)
  • War (True Reign, #3)
  • A Reign of Thieves (the Kingmakers' War, #7)
  • A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War, #1)
Jordan Rivet is an American author of young adult fantasy and post-apocalyptic adventures. She lives in Hong Kong.

Jordan's books include the swashbuckling Steel & Fire fantasy series and The Seabound Chronicles, a post-apocalyptic adventure set on a cruise ship. Her latest series, Empire of Talents, is a YA fantasy adventure about a girl who can change her appearance at will--and who uses her

Steel and Fire (5 books)
  • Duel of Fire (Steel and Fire, #1)
  • King of Mist (Steel and Fire, #2)
  • Dance of Steel (Steel and Fire, #3)
  • Night of Flame (Steel and Fire, #5)