Start by marking “Hot Shot” as Want to Read:
Hot Shot

Hot Shot

ACE for ISBN: B01MFGHQ0F
Original Title: Heartfire

I put out fires for a living. I'm damn good at it too. I'm known for my bravery, courage and daredevil stunts. Oh yeah, and the way I use my hose.

Firemen are celebrities in this town. My father, my brothers and all my cousins have put their lives on the line for the people of Brooklyn, NY. I've been in calendars and on TV. I
Published November 2nd 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hot Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Shot

Chantal ❤️
RE-READ Review

3 HE NEEDED TO GROW UP STARS

After I enjoyed her last book so much I re-read her other book. This one was still pretty good but I must say I found the hero behavior to be extremely insulting and the heroine should have made him suffer more.
Yeah she should have told him about the baby but with his history...things were looking really bad for her here.
He was an asshole for 50% of the Book and his behavior towards the knowledge of father was GROSS.

description

_______________ORIGNAL REVIEW NOV
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
This book was sooo cute!! I really liked it and will probably reread it later on so because of that it's going in my fav pile.

Drew's a NY Firefighter who fell hard for the innocent church goer Kennedy (Neddy) Stewart until one day she just bails on him. This left Drew shattered, confused, and lost, drowning himself in liquor and being absolute reckless at work.

Then one day Neddy comes back claiming to have had his kid and he loses it. He doesn't trust her, his fear of her walking out on him ag
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I just can't! This hero was an asshole who in no way redeemed himself. The heroine was a doormat who just let him do what ever he wanted. For crying out woman he told you he was "fucking you out of his system!!" Then he used your guilt against you to get blow jobs when he couldn't have sex! Multiple times the hero stated he was going to get what he wanted from her...multiple times he made decisions that affected them both but never consulted her...multiple time he said and did hurtful things. He ...more
nicklein
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one a lot. A good second chance romance + a secret baby were all I'm living for these days. I just can't see myself touching a fantasy if it's not ACOWAR. Soooo... I'll just drown myself in contemporaries until May 2nd (or until my copy arrives).
Kiki
Triggers: secret pregnancy
No cheating, no OM/OW, both celibate during separation.
Given all of the above it was a crap read. I have rarely seen a crude, cold and insensitive hero who claims to be in love with the heroine.
He has played the blame game till almost the end. Never manned up to even think his past questionable actions might be the reason why things might have gotten out of hand. She was a jaded single mum. He was hell bent on destroying her further. He even wanted another kid with her,
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Feb 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Story's main pairing is H/H ; Hero & Himself. Yeah. Talk about self absorbed.
H was a douche, self centered & cared only about his hurt feelings. h was a doormat & let everybody push her around. Crud. I really am so disappointed by this.

I initially wrote like a 4 paragraph rant but goodreads deleted my rant is it because I used cuss words? I even made bullets of reasons why i hated this! I DNF'ed this.

Man goodreads I spent 30 mins typing that rant!

Bottom line: H was a DOUCHE , and
Rejane
Cheesecake
Kennedy and Drew. Honestly I finished this a couple days ago and am already forgetting the plot. But I did enjoy it. The book lists as over 400 pages but the majority of that is actually cr*p from the publisher for other books.
But anyways, Kennedy is a goody two shoes young girl who gets seduced by the hot male slut of the town. It's pretty much insta love, but her older brothers wreck it by kicking her out and telling her lies. She's not the brightest bulb on the planet and believes their lies
RCK
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Some Spoilers

Overall, this was a cute read there were certain things that bugged me thought.

The Hero was clearly very in love/lust with the heroine and she feels the same way as its mentioned many many times how turned on she gets, however, when heroine tells him that she had his baby when she disappeared, at first he asks if its his, which I get was out of anger but throughout the book I did not feel this incredible love for his child. The Hero was alot more interested in getting in the heroin
Alex ♈
Safe read. Partly sweet, but WTF to the H’s behavior! And huge WTF to the h’s brothers!!!
Heather andrews
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Drew tends to have some very convincing arguments, "well, it's our tradition. Anyway, I like carrying you. It makes me feel strong and manly." I really loved this book, Drew was caring and sweet, and persistent once he got over his ***holey phase.
Lisa Book Shelf
Great book

This book was a great read a hot fireman and his second chance with his girl. Also comes with free books making it a bargin
April Symes
HEARTFIRE is a beautiful romance love story and I hated when it was over. Drew is a firefighter who is the sweetest guy out there and yes, he is somewhat of a ladies man. He meets Kennedy Stewart and falls for her. She has had a hard life due to her rough and mean brothers. When he sees Kennedy, he changes. They connect and their chemistry is off the wall insane; but Kennedy disappeared he didn’t know what to think and he did stay true to her. When Kennedy comes back with a baby, then Drew chang ...more
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, romance
No he conectado para nada con los personajes, al menos con el de Drew. Pese a que al principio me gusta, me parece excesivo el comportamiento que tiene cuando vuelve Kennedy. Entiendo que pueda estar dolido, pero se convierte en una persona horrible, que lo único que quiere es humillarla, y en ningún momento me hace sentir lo contrario.
Becca B
Sep 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
Me ready for the next Joanna Blake book!!!

description

Paula Genereau
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! What a fireman. This book was so good. I had a hard time putting it down. It had my emotions all over the place but I loved it
Kim Richards
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG..................I abolutely loved this book.
I was pulled in from chapter one and if it was for taking such strong pain killers I probably would of finished it last night.
This book it a wonderful read and light hearted book if you know what I mean. There is a lot of content and the emotions you can feel them dripping from the pages. I laughed at this book, I cried and I got frustrated and I cried a bit more.
The main couple in this book go through a lot and the nice thing about it is the fac
Linda Barrett
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and I couldn't put it down.
HOT SHOT is a beautifully written story about second chances and how to rebuild your life after massive misunderstandings and heartache.
If you like Joanna Blake books you really need to one click this book straight away and enjoy getting wrapped up in Drew and Kennedy.
This book is set in Brooklyn NY and revolves around the beautiful shy Kennedy Stewart who has had a hard life thanks to her brutish brothers.
Drew Callaway is a fire fighter wh
Jasmine
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Second Chance to Rekindle the Fire

4.5 ✨
From the moment he saw Kennedy he knew she was something special. The night of the charity auction he got his chance. What led from there was a steamy secret love affair that ended when Kennedy became pregnant. Drew never what happened just that girl he lived up and disappeared. But, now she’s back and this this Drew refuses to lose her again. This story was emotion, frustrating, sweet, funny, and most definitely hot!
FayAnn  Hollcroft
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely couldn't put this down & loved it!! I love second chances too. Second chances reminds me that we all have hearts. I just didn't like the timeline & how it was interpreted in my head. It kept screwing with me. I also don't like Kennedy's brothers too much. I do know that even with everything that was going on Drew & Neddy never gave up & wished they had communicated better. To save each other's heartache, but that's life.

Thank-You!!
Aneesah
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved it! It was a bit different from what I normally expect from Joanna Blake but that is definitely a good thing. Actually if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was written by someone else. The voice just seemed so completely different from her other books.I liked the slow burn between the two main characters and I'd LOVE it if Kennedy's cousin Jamie and Drew's friend Lowe got their own story (hint hint!).
Ddkmc95
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love a hot firefighter?

I loved Drew! He may have been a player before Kennedy but he fell head over heels; then her hateful brothers talked her into thinking that he was just using her. Even after Kennedy's return, she was still skittish and mistrustful of Drew. Glad that they finally worked their $h!t out.
Heroin was WEAK😢

I love Joanna Blake but this book could've been so much better if the Neddy had made him work for it more. She was too giving and needed to be more if a strong woman. She had a child and needed to be a strong eoman not only for herself but her son. Give these women more backbone Joanna....please.
Mindy Walker
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review is up at Desire for Lit ~ Myn
Desire For Lit
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a heart warming second chance romance "Hot Shot" by Joanna Blake. The review is up at http://desireforlit.com/2018/02/07/ho...

Myn
Alyssa Henderson
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book. Couldn't put it down!
HI5O
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

The story was engaging and the characters were likable. Kennedy started out as a wuss but grew into a woman.
Susan Qualls
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I really like second chance romances and this is a good one. I highly recommend this book as a great read. SQ
Lindsay
Uhhh...This book...Let's just say I had issues with it and leave it at that.
  • The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend Book 1)
  • Commissioned In White (Art of Love, #4)
  • Ace's Wild (The Beasts of Baseball #2)
  • The Baby Bombshell (Shadow Creek Montana #2)
  • Lex and Lu
  • The Sarantos Secret Baby (Sarantos Brothers, #1)
  • Irresistible Lies
  • The Wedding Secret (Forever Love #3)
  • Her Secret, His Surprise
  • Stolen Angel (A Singular Obsession, #3)
  • The Demetrios Bridal Bargain
  • Daddy's Boy (Risk)
  • Her Sister's Baby
  • Second Chance (A Military Secret Baby Romance)
  • Carrying the Spaniard's Child
  • Lessons of the Past
  • In Name Only
  • Casualties of Love
Joanna Blake loves good old fashioned romance, men who open doors and work with their hands. Hot Blooded Heroes is a series of sizzling stories about True Blue American men and the women who love them. She's thrilled to be collaborating with Pincushion Press on her new series! Come along for the ride!
XoX,
Joanna
*********

Sign up for Joanna's mailing list for news on new releases, special book deals