Start by marking “Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)” as Want to Read:
Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)

Groupie (Texas Mutiny #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  555 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Groupie
/ˈɡroopē/
a person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a celebrity in the hope of meeting or getting to know them.

See example Tiffany Wendel:

Whore. Slut. Cleat Chaser. I’m used to the names so they don’t bother me. These are my boys. My friends. So what if I like to have dirty sex with them? My body is no one’s business but mine.

Why is Rowen Flanigan ma
Published November 2016

To ask other readers questions about Groupie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groupie

Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
UPDATE JUNE 2018:
IF you could understand the behavior of the heroine, KUDOS FOR YOU!
But I could not, I think because I read Mariana's book and I got disgusted at this heroine.
If the playboy has sex with married women, I too will find him disgusting and dislike his attitude. It's a deal breaker for me.
It's not a question of accepting a womanizer hero and not accepting heroine with the same behavior.
The point is that she behaved just like a sexual object and was used for the pleasure of ALL team p
Rejane
Feb 19, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose
I don't like my heroes being whores and specially reading scenes with him and ow. The same goes for the heroine. In this book the hero (view spoiler) for a contest Ewwww. And another reviewer said the heroine didn't care if the player (view spoiler)
I confess I'm not a fan of groupies of any kind because they sound despe
Jenny
DNF @ 20%
I just couldn't do it...

I'm all about sexual liberation, especially with the books we immerse ourselves in where the men are typically the manwhore and get away it while the girl is the opposite.

The h loves sex. Has zero shame in it. All fine and dandy. But the s**t that goes down and how...and the (view spoiler) just made me kind of sick to my stomach. Only because if you knew about the H and how sweet he comes o
Andrea
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So often we find a book about the bad boy with the heart of gold but it is rare that we encounter a book about the bad girl. Tiffany Wendel is that girl. Unapologetic for her life choices, Tiffany is more than a groupie. As the tagline says, every slut has a story, and Groupie is confirmation of that statement.

Beyond the bright lights and fame of professional sports is a world that only a few are privy to. Women and sex are laid out like a buffet for athletes. Temptation and opportunity are eve
Beth
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Red Headed Stars

When I heard ME Carter was writing a book about Tiffany, that Tiffany my first reaction was.....why? Why would you do that? Because I knew that she was going to make me not hate her. And I really like hating her.

Warning: This is a spin off of Juked. You could read it as a stand alone, but then you won't know how much you don't like Tiffany. You won't know the backstory. The one that you need to fully appreciate this story.

Rowan is a rookie with the Houston Pro Soccer team. H
Melodi
Nov 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: avoid
To say this female character is a bad girl with a good heart is not how I see her at all. Hero deserved better.
Whether he player was married or not she didn't care. That pretty much voids out the good heart wouldn't ya say?
Heroesinbooks
3.5 Conflicted Stars

I was apprehensive about reading this book because I wasn't sure if I would like the heroine-I've read this series backwards (Goalie appealed to me first) and I knew Tiffany had played a part in ruining Santos' marriage although, let's face it, he was the  married  party who stood up , took vows and then obliterated the whole faithful element of said vows.

I found the characters fascinating and Rowen is a sweet guy who falls hard for Tiff and she finally finds someone who wan
ViolinVixen
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest here. I was nervous about reading this book. There were a lot of strong emotions expressed by readers and not all of them were love. In fact after reading some of the reviews, I was pretty sure I'd hate it. But nevertheless, I loved Juked and I love the author, so I bought it anyways. And then it sat on my Kindle for a LONG time, before I finally started into Tiffany's story. And now I have to eat crow. I was wrong and shouldn't have pre-judged the book.

Let me start by sayin
Breann
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I couldn't finish it and here's why:

1. Virgin male soccer player who's saving himself for Mrs. Right
2. Girl who literally sleeps with the entire soccer team because they are her "friends"
3. Those two aren't enough?
Mari
Feb 15, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017reads
DNF 35%

I tried really I did.

I'm not a fan of groupies in general I admit as much. They give actual fans a bad name. Partly why this was difficult to connect with as much as Ioved Juked. It was very uncomfortable to read. I'm all for no double standards in regards to promiscuity but the heroine's choices and actions were questionable and didn't sit well with me. I just wanted a background of the next character's book. Now promoting cheating and all that is all whole other can of worms.

Idealisti
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Groupie ~ 4.5 stars

A couple of months ago I read my first book by M.E. Carter, Juked. I’m not a sports fan, but I really liked the story and its characters. One of the side characters was a team groupie, Tiffany. To my surprise I learned she would be the heroine of the next book, I didn’t like her at all. Groupie tells us her story, and to my surprise I’ve ended loving Tiffany, and her man Rowan.
“So you’re a groupie.” I blink in surprise. It’s not as simple as answering yes or no. “That’s wha
Kristina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lidia Fell
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was given to me for an honest review

2 stars.

I know that I saw reviews go up and they are great reviews. I am so glad there are people out there that enjoyed this book. I didn't. I really tried to finish the book and I was excited about reading it, but I only got through forty percent of the book. I didn't like that the author was putting together a cleat chaser and a virgin soccer player. It made no sense and the stuff she did in front of him before they were together wasn't appropriat
Amanda Brown
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

After reading the first book of this series yesterday, I was left a tad disappointed; however, a preview for this one came up and I was all like yaaaas please.

This book was way better. And honestly, this shit is real. I have been fortunate enough to not have had to experience what the heroine had to go through, thank the lord but man does it make you fucking feel. Slut shaming is no joke.

description

I know a lot of people were butt hurt after reading the party scenes at the beginning but I thought they wer
Jen
Dec 26, 2017 added it
I really liked this one, yet I'm torn on my rating. Need to think on it for a bit.
Sofia Galvez
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Platypires for Groupie by M.E. Carter

HOT DAMN. M.E. Carter knows how to push those limits. I actually have to laugh at some of the negative reviews for Groupie. Really? What do you expect with a book called Groupie? A book about a girl feeling shame for sleeping around? Yeah, this is not that book. So if you're into slut shaming then this book is not for you.
I immediately had to pick up Groupie after reading Juked. I could not put it down and read it all in one day. The story was a roller-
Luisa Rivas
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A change in POV

Great reading! Apart from a very well-written story, this author gives us a look into the other side of the coin, the groupie's POV. In the first pages, I was a little disgusted by the promiscuity and depravation these groupies show. Then I realize that they love sex, are secure in their bodies, and they're in it like a game, like a power trip, using the players as a drug, and the players use them to deal with the adrenaline high after the game. I'm pretty sure that most groupies
Logan Hr
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant! it was real, sweet, hard, heartbreaking, sad, etc. The author did an amazing job in portraying what happens behind the closed doors of every locker room in the history of sports; she stated the facts like it is, what people goes through.. the difference between a wag and a groupie and how they try to differentiate from each other.. In this book we meet the Rookie Rowen and Tiffany sports producer and groupie.. their chemistry was instant since the moment they ...more
The BookAddict Mom
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in deep like with ME Carter when I read Juked, but after reading Groupie...I just might be crushing hard on her now. Damn...never knew this author could write such smoking hot sex scenes, but boy did she unleash her inner vixen in this book!

Book 2 in the Juked series, this book can be read and enjoyed as a standalone, but why one would want to miss out on the full impact of the intertwining characters from book 1 is beyond me. Both are so much fun...sexy, witty, and hard to put down.

Can
Whitney
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish it. The heroine wasn't remotely like-able for me. I read Juked and liked it, so I thought I'd try this. But when you're a quarter of the way in and she's already had "relations" with two different married men with zero regret, there was no way I would ever come around to like her.

Two stars because the writing and editing was fine for the portion I read.
☆Jamie☆
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, romance, sports
I’ve really come to like M.E. Carter’s books. I became enthralled with the humor and realness of her #MyNewLife books, and of course Juked was a sports romance. Despite Groupie being in the sports romance category, it had elements I wasn’t positive I could overlook. I’m really glad I gave it a chance, though.

Summary:
Tiffany Wendel has heard the nasty comments, names, and rumors about her. Being close to the Texas Mutiny, a groupie if you will, but mostly being their friend, she’s heard it all b
April Reader
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was a struggle because I really wanted to like Tiffany but I couldn't get over the things she did.

Like with Goalie, I think the author had a great concept but the execution didn't work for me. In this one, we have a groupie who has more depth than expected. She's confident and career oriented. She does the groupie thing because she genuinely enjoys it and considers herself as a friend to the team. She's not doing it because she's desperate for a semi-famous person's attention or becaus
KelMelTell BookBlog
Whoa!

So once I read Juked, I had to read the next book in the series. It can be read as a standalone, but having the background on some of the characters was a plus. When I started this story and found out that it was about Tiffany, a cleat-chaser, soccer groupie I was curious where this story would pan out.

You see, we often read about the bad boys in books. The ones that womanize and seduce women. We don't usually read about a woman who does this to men. I noticed that some of the reviews wer
Elena Matthews
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars <3
Jaime
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is one of those weird books that you're not sure if you like it or hate it. .

Rowen hands down made this book. He's so sweet and such a great guy that you were rooting for him to get the girl just because he deserves whatever he wants. He is why this book got 3 stars instead of two.

Tiffany was a tough pill to swallow. Like some other readers, I almost gave up on the book because some of her actions made me sick to my stomach, i.e. knowingly sleeping with another woman's husband and BJ races
Crazychriss889
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Handing out five stars cause of all the slut shaming in the reviews.

Sure, I don't agree with the heroine's choices and can't say I like her or anything. But come on, do we really need to say she is a whore?
I'd be super mad at her if she was sleeping with my hubby but then I'd be even madder at that piece of sh# living in my House. okay, okay I know she is the Main Protagonist in this book and so on and yeah normally I'd also rate this with one star but... I don't know... I just don't agree with
Debbie Choe
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
ME Carter knows her fan base well - you will either love or hate the story. Groupie is Tiffany's story - a producer for a sports news station in the day; groupie at night. Her character is a free spirit who loves to party with the Texas Mutiny and happens to enjoy sex. This includes sleeping around with most of the team members - single or married - in the name of having fun and building friendships. It was extremely difficult for me to like Tiffany. When marriage vows are broken and you knowing ...more
Cheryl
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review of Groupie (Juked, #2) by M.E. Carter

Review done for Hooked on Books & CherryOBlossoms Promotions

4 out of 5 stars

Tiffany Wendel has it all: dream job, good looks, and lots of male friends. She loves sex and gets a lot with her male friends.

She has never thought twice about hooking up with the guys on the Texas Mutiny soccer team. Even if they were married, she didn’t care because they were all just having fun.

When the new Rookie Rowen Flannigan takes notice in her, she is shocked he i

Texas Mutiny (4 books)
  • Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
  • Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)
  • Outswinger

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I feel like I lose my breath. “I… are you asking me on a date?” “Well, yeah,” he says. Something” 0 likes
“I want to know that the only person I’ve ever felt from the inside out, the only person whose eyes I’ve looked into in the throes of passion, in the most intimate moment two people can share…. I want to know the person I have all that with is the one I love more than anyone or anything else in the world, forever.” My brain shorts out. That may be the sexiest thing I’ve ever heard in my life He” 0 likes