Start by marking “Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)” as Want to Read:
Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)

Groupie

(Texas Mutiny #2)

Groupie
/ˈɡro͞opē/
a person, especially a young woman, who regularly follows a celebrity in the hope of meeting or getting to know them.

See example Tiffany Wendel:

Whore. Slut. Cleat Chaser. I’m used to the names so they don’t bother me. These are my boys. My friends. So what if I like to have dirty sex with them? My body is no one’s business but mine.

Why is Rowen Flanigan m
Published November 2016

To ask other readers questions about Groupie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groupie

Start your review of Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)
Lu Bielefeld
UPDATE JUNE 2018:
IF you could understand the behavior of the heroine, KUDOS FOR YOU!
But I could not, I think because I read Mariana's book and I got disgusted at this heroine.
If the playboy has sex with married women, I too will find him disgusting and dislike his attitude. It's a deal breaker for me.
It's not a question of accepting a womanizer hero and not accepting heroine with the same behavior.
The point is that she behaved just like a sexual object and was used for the pleasure of ALL team p
✴ Cindy ✴
⚽️ ⚽️

Plot: Tiffany is a groupie for a small soccer team of what she thinks of as her friends. She’s also a sports reporter. She loves sex and sports and then she meets the new rookie, virgin hero Rowen, and falls in love. The book is about the teams reactions and Rowan dealing with her former role as groupie.

Hero: Rowen was an honorable, if not TSTL character. The author wrote him as a man willing to overlook past mistakes and that’s great, but he comes across as weak, in my opinion.

Heroine: S
Rejane
Feb 19, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose
I don't like my heroes being whores and specially reading scenes with him and ow. The same goes for the heroine. In this book the hero (view spoiler) for a contest Ewwww. And another reviewer said the heroine didn't care if the player (view spoiler)
I confess I'm not a fan of groupies of any kind because they sound despe
Melodi
Nov 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: avoid
To say this female character is a bad girl with a good heart is not how I see her at all. Hero deserved better.
Whether the player was married or not she didn't care. That pretty much voids out the good heart wouldn't ya say?
Beth
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Red Headed Stars

When I heard ME Carter was writing a book about Tiffany, that Tiffany my first reaction was.....why? Why would you do that? Because I knew that she was going to make me not hate her. And I really like hating her.

Warning: This is a spin off of Juked. You could read it as a stand alone, but then you won't know how much you don't like Tiffany. You won't know the backstory. The one that you need to fully appreciate this story.

Rowan is a rookie with the Houston Pro Soccer team. H
Andrea
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So often we find a book about the bad boy with the heart of gold but it is rare that we encounter a book about the bad girl. Tiffany Wendel is that girl. Unapologetic for her life choices, Tiffany is more than a groupie. As the tagline says, every slut has a story, and Groupie is confirmation of that statement.

Beyond the bright lights and fame of professional sports is a world that only a few are privy to. Women and sex are laid out like a buffet for athletes. Temptation and opportunity are eve
Jenny
DNF @ 20%
I just couldn't do it...

I'm all about sexual liberation, especially with the books we immerse ourselves in where the men are typically the manwhore and get away it while the girl is the opposite.

The h loves sex. Has zero shame in it. All fine and dandy. But the s**t that goes down and how...and the (view spoiler) just made me kind of sick to my stomach. Only because if you knew about the H and how sweet he comes o
Breann
Dec 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I couldn't finish it and here's why:

1. Virgin male soccer player who's saving himself for Mrs. Right
2. Girl who literally sleeps with the entire soccer team because they are her "friends"
3. Those two aren't enough?
Lidia Fell
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Heroesinbooks
3.5 Conflicted Stars

I was apprehensive about reading this book because I wasn't sure if I would like the heroine-I've read this series backwards (Goalie appealed to me first) and I knew Tiffany had played a part in ruining Santos' marriage although, let's face it, he was the  married  party who stood up , took vows and then obliterated the whole faithful element of said vows.

I found the characters fascinating and Rowen is a sweet guy who falls hard for Tiff and she finally finds someone who wan
ViolinVixen
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest here. I was nervous about reading this book. There were a lot of strong emotions expressed by readers and not all of them were love. In fact after reading some of the reviews, I was pretty sure I'd hate it. But nevertheless, I loved Juked and I love the author, so I bought it anyways. And then it sat on my Kindle for a LONG time, before I finally started into Tiffany's story. And now I have to eat crow. I was wrong and shouldn't have pre-judged the book.

Let me start by sayin
April Reader
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was a struggle because I really wanted to like Tiffany but I couldn't get over the things she did.

Like with Goalie, I think the author had a great concept but the execution didn't work for me. In this one, we have a groupie who has more depth than expected. She's confident and career oriented. She does the groupie thing because she genuinely enjoys it and considers herself as a friend to the team. She's not doing it because she's desperate for a semi-famous person's attention or becaus
Kristina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mari
Feb 15, 2017 added it
Shelves: 2017reads
DNF 35%

I tried really I did.

I'm not a fan of groupies in general I admit as much. They give actual fans a bad name. Partly why this was difficult to connect with as much as Ioved Juked. It was very uncomfortable to read. I'm all for no double standards in regards to promiscuity but the heroine's choices and actions were questionable and didn't sit well with me. I just wanted a background of the next character's book. Now promoting cheating and all that is all whole other can of worms.

Idealisti
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Groupie ~ 4.5 stars

A couple of months ago I read my first book by M.E. Carter, Juked. I’m not a sports fan, but I really liked the story and its characters. One of the side characters was a team groupie, Tiffany. To my surprise I learned she would be the heroine of the next book, I didn’t like her at all. Groupie tells us her story, and to my surprise I’ve ended loving Tiffany, and her man Rowan.
“So you’re a groupie.” I blink in surprise. It’s not as simple as answering yes or no. “That’s
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was given to me for an honest review

2 stars.

I know that I saw reviews go up and they are great reviews. I am so glad there are people out there that enjoyed this book. I didn't. I really tried to finish the book and I was excited about reading it, but I only got through forty percent of the book. I didn't like that the author was putting together a cleat chaser and a virgin soccer player. It made no sense and the stuff she did in front of him before they were together wasn't appropriat
Jen
Dec 26, 2017 added it
I really liked this one, yet I'm torn on my rating. Need to think on it for a bit.
Amanda Brown
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

After reading the first book of this series yesterday, I was left a tad disappointed; however, a preview for this one came up and I was all like yaaaas please.

This book was way better. And honestly, this shit is real. I have been fortunate enough to not have had to experience what the heroine had to go through, thank the lord but man does it make you fucking feel. Slut shaming is no joke.

description

I know a lot of people were butt hurt after reading the party scenes at the beginning but I thought they wer
Sofia The Great
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Platypires for Groupie by M.E. Carter

HOT DAMN. M.E. Carter knows how to push those limits. I actually have to laugh at some of the negative reviews for Groupie. Really? What do you expect with a book called Groupie? A book about a girl feeling shame for sleeping around? Yeah, this is not that book. So if you're into slut shaming then this book is not for you.
I immediately had to pick up Groupie after reading Juked. I could not put it down and read it all in one day. The story was a roller-
Robyn
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Punch Stars

I’m so conflicted about my feelings on this story! I don’t want to turn this into a soapbox review, but I’ve got some venting to do! It may come across judgmental, but it’s MY very strong option on this subject. I’m going to come right out and say, I dislike reading in detail, about any overly promiscuous H or h, in my reads. Unfortunately, we are all aware society has double standards on men being man-whores and woman being...well— whores, it has negative connotations either way.
P
Feb 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wtf?

This book is horrible... Not just bad, but absolutely despicable. The heroine has zero redeeming qualities, and is somehow rewarded with the kindest (and cleanest) hero in this genre? In one way it’s nice to see a virgin hero for a change, but in another, they way she operates this character is completely unbelievable. It been awhile since I have said that the hero has no self respect, but he doesn’t... He deserved better than the team whore. This isn’t a chick who sometimes slept with the
Luisa Rivas
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A change in POV

Great reading! Apart from a very well-written story, this author gives us a look into the other side of the coin, the groupie's POV. In the first pages, I was a little disgusted by the promiscuity and depravation these groupies show. Then I realize that they love sex, are secure in their bodies, and they're in it like a game, like a power trip, using the players as a drug, and the players use them to deal with the adrenaline high after the game. I'm pretty sure that most groupies
The Book Lover
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely brilliant! it was real, sweet, hard, heartbreaking, sad, etc. The author did an amazing job in portraying what happens behind the closed doors of every locker room in the history of sports; she stated the facts like it is, what people goes through.. the difference between a wag and a groupie and how they try to differentiate from each other.. In this book we meet the Rookie Rowen and Tiffany sports producer and groupie.. their chemistry was instant since the moment they ...more
The BookAddict Mom
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I fell in deep like with ME Carter when I read Juked, but after reading Groupie...I just might be crushing hard on her now. Damn...never knew this author could write such smoking hot sex scenes, but boy did she unleash her inner vixen in this book!

Book 2 in the Juked series, this book can be read and enjoyed as a standalone, but why one would want to miss out on the full impact of the intertwining characters from book 1 is beyond me. Both are so much fun...sexy, witty, and hard to put down.

Can
Whitney
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish it. The heroine wasn't remotely like-able for me. I read Juked and liked it, so I thought I'd try this. But when you're a quarter of the way in and she's already had "relations" with two different married men with zero regret, there was no way I would ever come around to like her.

Two stars because the writing and editing was fine for the portion I read.
Jamie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2018-read, sports
I’ve really come to like M.E. Carter’s books. I became enthralled with the humor and realness of her #MyNewLife books, and of course Juked was a sports romance. Despite Groupie being in the sports romance category, it had elements I wasn’t positive I could overlook. I’m really glad I gave it a chance, though.

Summary:
Tiffany Wendel has heard the nasty comments, names, and rumors about her. Being close to the Texas Mutiny, a groupie if you will, but mostly being their friend, she’s heard it all b
KelMelTell BookBlog
Whoa!

So once I read Juked, I had to read the next book in the series. It can be read as a standalone, but having the background on some of the characters was a plus. When I started this story and found out that it was about Tiffany, a cleat-chaser, soccer groupie I was curious where this story would pan out.

You see, we often read about the bad boys in books. The ones that womanize and seduce women. We don't usually read about a woman who does this to men. I noticed that some of the reviews wer
Elena Matthews
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars <3 ...more
Britt Basse
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with these characters instantly! I LOVED this story and the themes it held. It will stay with me for a long time.
Jaime
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is one of those weird books that you're not sure if you like it or hate it. .

Rowen hands down made this book. He's so sweet and such a great guy that you were rooting for him to get the girl just because he deserves whatever he wants. He is why this book got 3 stars instead of two.

Tiffany was a tough pill to swallow. Like some other readers, I almost gave up on the book because some of her actions made me sick to my stomach, i.e. knowingly sleeping with another woman's husband and BJ races
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Whatever It Takes
  • Save Me
  • Hickey
  • Hot Stuff
  • Love Hurts (Caged Love, #1)
  • Surrender
  • Piccoli imprevisti di Natale
  • Back to December (The Falling Vol. 1)
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Love Burns (Caged Love, #2)
  • Imperfetti sconosciuti
  • L'amore che mi porta a te
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Di fuoco e d'ambra
  • House of love
  • Joshua (The Mitchell/Healy Family, #10)
  • Have Mercy
  • Jingle bell rock

Texas Mutiny (5 books)
  • Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
  • Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)
  • Deflected (Texas Mutiny, #4)
  • Outswinger