Start by marking “The Unhappiness Syndrome: 28 Habits of Unhappy People (and How to Change Them)” as Want to Read:
The Unhappiness Syndrome: 28 Habits of Unhappy People (and How to Change Them)

The Unhappiness Syndrome: 28 Habits of Unhappy People (and How to Change Them)

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
WHAT IF we have fallen in love with unhappiness? Although we all wish to be happy, many of us fall into a set pattern of failures when we find ourselves in certain circumstances. On the conscious level, we think we are earnestly seeking happiness, but unconsciously, we may be choosing the patterns of thinking and action that will eventually lead us to unhappiness. Accordin ...more
Paperback
Published April 15th 2017 by Irh Press

To ask other readers questions about The Unhappiness Syndrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unhappiness Syndrome

Shelly
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I like that the book centers on positivity. The past few months have been difficult for me due to deaths, illness and a difficult move. I noticed over the last month I have started to lose some of my enthusiasm, so I picked up a free digital copy of the book, graciously provided to me free from the publisher though NetGalley. The positivity reminders are great, but I can’t help but wish there had been more depth.
BookOfCinz
Okawa explores how we can become happier persons by having a positive outlook on life, getting rid of the bad self talk and accomplishing goals. It was a nice simple refresher for me. I don't think the book delve into anything I wasn't aware of before. But it did cover a lot of good things people should keep in mind, especially those who want to live a happier life.
Sara M. Abudahab
The premise was exciting but some chapters were really really disappointing. usually I enjoy self-help books, but not this one.
Thank you NetGalley for providing me with this one in exchange of an honest review.
Lindsay
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This has a few nuggets that represent really good advice, and I have wrote them down and will attempt to make the change!
However, most of it is the author forcing his personal opinion on his reader, and it’s a fairly sexist opinion.
This book wasn’t for me.....
EmmiK
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really enjoyed this book in the beginning. I had high expectations being that it was a self-help piece speaking about habits that may potentially make us unhappy.

I delved in expecting to discover some solutions for fixing habits which are possibly inviting unhappiness into my life. What I got though, was a beginning with potential then a few remaining chapters of unrelatable advice and scenarios.

The relatable/Good:

“Ultimately, happiness is determined by your mental landscape” Ok, I can agree
Debra
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I read this book because the description said it would help change our negative thought patterns.

Overall, I did not find this book very helpful. The first half was helpful with some good advice and affirmation. The last half of the book I was not able to relate to. The topic turned to finding a spouse, how to get along with a difficult boss and religion.

I felt some of the
T Love
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simple, Easy, Practical

This book is written in a way that does not offend but offers ways to see what you may not want to see in yourself. You must be open and willing to admit you may have areas that need work and then, follow the guidance and yes, do the work. It’s not hard – it does take practice and focus but, it works. This world needs happiness and we, almost every single one of us, are sabotaging ourselves in one way or another – we need to admit it, or we can’t fix it. Read it in full or
Savanah Rae
Patricia
I received this book from Netgalley to review.
I was curious about this book and really wanted to read it to find way to change some habits I may have that could be making me unhappy. The book went through twenty-eigth types of unhappiness and the ways to change these behaviours that cause them. Most of the book was very enlightening but parts of it I really did not agree with and felt that it was a little sexist on the part of the author. However, overall the book does have good suggestions for
Abigail
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved this book in the beginning because I could relate to some of the "symptoms" however literally halfway through this book I stopped being able to connect with what she was saying. She moved more toward religion, marriage, and work. I am religious, but I didn't agree with the things she was saying and I didn't agree completely on her religious beliefs either. Due to not being able to relate anymore I didn't want to eve finish this book, but I did anyway. I'm not saying others wouldn't find ...more
Gansiewmei
Dec 11, 2017
Janice
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
The central premise of this book is worthwhile - we tend to draw unhappiness into our lives with certain patterns of negative thinking. But the book too often resorts to sexist or overly simplistic advice. I found it of limited usefulness for me.
My thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest review.
Alycia Canfield
DJ
Apr 28, 2018
Alicia Schaefer
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for anyone struggling with depression, self-esteem issues, envy or the like. Being able to break down and understand why one thinks or behaves the way we do, is always the first step to change. Emotions, outside influence, and other factors cause many of us to fall back into sometimes unhealthy patterns. This book gives an excellent look into the reasoning behind and ways to end a monotonous cycle, that many don't even realize they are pulling themselves back into.
Rose
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book shows us twenty-eight types of unhappiness and shows us how to.change it. I liked most of this book, but there were parts I disagreed with. However, I think this is goid for those wanting to learn the causes of unhappiness and how to change it.
Angela
Inna
Shannon Wise
Loraine Hunziker
Jun 21, 2017
Ryuho Okawa is a renowned spiritual thinker, leader, and author in Japan with a simple goal: to help people find true happiness and create a better world. To date, Okawa’s books have sold over 100 million copies worldwide and been translated into 30 languages. His books address vital issues such as how our thoughts influence reality, the nature of love, and the path to enlightenment. In 1986, Okaw ...more