Start by marking “Forever” as Want to Read:
Forever

Forever

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  75 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Together they faced a dangerous ordeal

Somehow Bernadette knew she could stake her life on Colonel Sam Forrester. And when their plane was sabotaged and she and Sam were left behind in the jungle so that the plane could take off again, she knew she would have to.

Fortune had it that a devious, conniving guardian angel led Sam to believe Bernadette was a nun. How else could s
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #893, 189 pages
Published June 1986 by Harlequin Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever

boogenhagen
StMargarets
MBR
Forever by Lynn Turner is a novel that I stumbled upon in my attempts to find more jungle-trek themed romances. Published in 1986, this is an old-school romance that does a good job of the character development, the setting as well as the romance and passion between the main characters.

44 year old Colonel Sam Forrester is sought out by the prim and proper 24 year old Bernadette Chapman whose a teacher and a librarian to find out whether Sam could help her out in her current predicament. Stranded
Kathleen
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really wish Hq would republish this old fave in Kindle format and in Audible. Sam Forrester is so in lust with a nun (wink, wink). He's rough, earthy, sexy, all male. The Congo setting reminds me of several jungle love books: Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard and Dangerous to Hold: Night of the Jaguar by Merline Lovelace, The Soldier And The Baby and On Thin Ice, by Anne Stuart.

He's a soldier of fortune. Not very nice. An anti-hero. She's a nun. Not. He helps her escape the whack jobs in the ju
MelissaB
** 3 1/2 stars**

The good parts of the book:

- The African jungle setting was very interesting and there was lots of action.

- The writing was pretty good and the characters were well drawn.

The not-so-good:

- The hero was too 80's style mean, he just was not a nice man for most of the book.

- The heroine let the "nun" deceit go on for too long plus there was a scene where I was questioning her reasoning.

Overall, it was a decent older Harly as long as you don't mind the 80's style hero.
Jacqueline
This is a good story. Bernadette and Sam are running from bad guys through a jungle, one of my favorite story themes. She pretends to be a nun to keep him from coming on to her. But they end up together and he suffers great guilt for it before she fesses up. Really like this oldy.
EeeJay
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Full review at: Forever - Review
Chantal ❤️
Amazing!! Wow amazing it was fantastic. The heroine pretended to be a nun so that the hero would stay away and the hero is a commando type. They get stuck in the jungle together and him thinking she was a nun he tries to keep it in his pants. Ah men! Anyways lots of action and she is kick ass heroine who is as hard drinking and she loving. This was one awesome book. Fav quote when the hero says to the heroine " I mean it from the bottom of my rock!" Classic. I hope she has more and they are just ...more
seton
Jun 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: category
This was a good, solid adventure-thru-the-jungle romance. Unfortunately for me, it's like if you read one, you read 'em all. I gave an extra .01 star for the Monty Python reference.

Tropes: older man (he's 44, she's "almost 25")
LLCSpokane
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Thought the h/H were both great characters. The h had a fun sense of humor and was great fake nun. I would actually rate it 4.5
Melanie♥
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for some jungle romance, so this fit the bill. I did have some issues with both the H and h, but overall a fast read.
Debbie DiFiore
Jay
Okay, I'm not sure what happened here but once we hit the 60% mark, shit just got weird.

In a nutshell, the story is about our heroine, Bernadette (a schoolteacher and fake nun), having to trek through the African wilderness with the hero, Colonel Sam Forrester.

I found the first half of the book really good - I liked the gutsy heroine, the hero was swoon worthy and their chemistry was off the charts. Coupled with the wilderness survival theme (my favourite), this book was set to be a definite wi
Tatiana Stefan
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
My thoughts: I read this book really fast and when that happens I sometimes miss a few things and I have to re-read it again. But I really love it so I figure I'd write a quick review before re-reading - yay! Initially I was a little turned off by the hero - I wasn't used to him (i guess I've been reading too many rich dissillusioned businessmen, etc. etc.) This particular hero I was like huh? Colonel? renegade? and plus he seemed too rough on the edges, brash and forceful. There maybe a a coupl ...more
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
bernadette needs to get somewhere with her charges and she is able to get them away safely, but she hires a plane that is already conveying sam in the general area. when the plane is forced to land, sam and berndette get off the plane and are forced to trek across the jungle. along the way, they get to know each other better, and although sam thinks that bernadette is a nun (because it will stop him from making a move on her), he still has feelings for the intrepid woman beside him.

what
April Brookshire
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Hero and heroine fall in love during jungle trek while H things h is a nun. Funny parts and a certain frustrating part where the hero SPOILER ALERT! does the nasty with a native girl.

The hero is WAY older than the hero and older than almost all HP heroes. I picture him like an older, hot, macho Kristen Ashley hero.
sbf20112011
Mar 26, 2014
Beret Brenckman
Dec 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

“She would remember that voice as long as she lived, Bernadette thought. It was low and slightly harsh, as if he was hoarse from yelling at the top of his lungs all day. Yet there was a deep resonance to it, as well. It seemed to come from the soles of his feet, rumbling up through that long, tough-looking body and somehow being muted by the time it reached his throat. No, she revised the whimsical reflection; not muted, but tamed a little, civilised for the benefit of those who might hear it.” 1 likes
“Their conversation was limited to monosyllables, few and far between, and either consciously or unconsciously spoken in French. The language should have sounded clumsy or discordant when spoken in Forrester’s normal growl, but it didn’t. Instead, his terse questions and muttered comments came out sounding like impatient love words, deliciously sexy; as if the engine he was working on was a temperamental woman whose pretence at reluctance might irritate him, but for whom he would play the game because of the reward he knew he’d receive at the end of it.” 1 likes