Start by marking “One in a Million (The Fasano Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
One in a Million (The Fasano Trilogy #1)

One in a Million

(The Millionth Trilogy #1)

A supernatural thriller trilogy with strong romantic elements and a crime/detective subplot.

Napoleon Villa has very little. No real family o
Published September 6th 2016 by Atticus Creative (first published August 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Million, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Million

La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt
I was loving this story up until around 63% in and it turned into preachy bible versing. It would have been okay if it was being promoted as Christian Fiction because I wouldn't have started reading it in the first place. Not having the heavy religious content takeover until a good bit past the halfway point smacks of trickery. I wasn't going to rate it because the writing was wonderful and I didn't want to dissuade people who read Christian Fiction from reading it, but then the climax and concl ...more
Trudy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd initially set this book aside because of the lame beginning. I'm really getting tired of books that depend on sex to move a story into salable territory. I read 3-4 books a week (lately, anyway) and usually just flip past that stuff. When it's in the beginning, that often means the book doesn't get read.

So this one sat unread in my Kindle for a while, until I'd run out of things to read. When that happens, and there's nothing promising at the library I go back to the Kindle and open one up a
Coco.V
Nov 09, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (11/09/2017)!
Jenny Whetzel
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book and am not sure if I will continue the series. I can't decide if I like the author's writing style; the writing was "eh" for me yet I had difficulty putting it down. I can't pinpoint why it was just "okay" for me. It certainly isn't like other paranormal books that I have read and I wasn't expecting religion to be a major part of this story.
Chris Morea
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick, suspenseful read

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was fast paced and suspenseful until the very end. I really liked the way the main character was portrayed: flawed but trying to do the right thing.
Christine Lowe
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story, Great Writing!

This is a great story that piqued my curiosity right from the beginning. Kyle Fasano knew as soon as his lust abated, he just made a horrible mistake. His conscience was telling him that he would lose his family. How could he have done this and on his wife's birthday? He was going to grab his clothes and get out before she woke up. Then he heard the whispered chanting.
It didn't sound like the beautiful twenty three year old office girl he came in with. The voice was gu
Lynne Moses
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel begins with a married man in a hotel room bathroom already regretting what he's just done with the young woman asleep on the other side of the door. Kyle Fasano's moral compass is grounded in both his religious views and his core ethics, even when he's violating them, but his premeditated act of adultery turns out to be an even bigger mistake than he can imagine. The girl ends up dead in a manner that stumps the police and the enigmatic Gray Man who shows up, claiming his arriva ...more
Angala Fox
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review.
This was a great thriller. I was pulled in from the first chapter and was on the edge of my seat through the whole book. I couldn't stop turning the pages to see what happened next. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes suspenseful thrillers.
Art
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Cliffhanger Alert

I hate a cliffhanger. Not a bad effort overall, but it just leaves you hanging at the end. Not recommended unless you want the trilogy.
Jon
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
A bit of a mish-mash of genres, this book doesn't really work especially well as a thriller, a horror story, or a detective novel—although it has elements of all three. The main problem is that the characters are mostly flat—they're cardboard cutouts that do what they do not because they have believable motivations but because the plot needs them to.

For much of the story this results in the protagonist evading police who suspect him of murder, a plodding chase that is only sporadically made int
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kindle Unlimited

Kyle Fasano has it all: a loving wife, two children and a house on the hill. Still, for one night, it’s not enough. Risking everything, he has a fling with a woman from the office. He knows better, but she offers a simple temptation..Napoleon Villa has very little: No real family or home. A veteran detective for the LAPD, he is a gray wolf in an ever darkening world. When the call comes in that a young woman has plummeted to her death at the Los Angeles Hilton, it seems like just
Teresa
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
4.5! One in a Million takes an interesting perspective on the good vs. evil theme, which I myself enjoyed. Tony Faggioli's writing style allowed an easy visual of the constant battle between angels and demons. The lead character Kyle Fasano starts off the book having made a poor decision, getting a hotel room with a much younger co-worker who is not his wife. This therefore leads to his first encounter with a demon (who has entered the body of a woman he is having the affair with). Out of fear h ...more
C.K. Conners
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have been trying to expand my reading into genres for which I hold little to no interest; paranormal and ghost/horror are two such categories. I appreciated how this book did not at all play out how I had anticipated it would—the last twenty or so pages really spun my head around and shattered my expectations. However, the paranormal element, as with other such books I have read, just didn’t grab me. Additionally, I am not a fan of foul language in books; a personal preference, but one that af ...more
Amanda Johnson
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never read a book like this

I have been sticking to strictly murder mystery with a little romance thrown into the story. "One in a Million" came up after searching: paranormal mystery. I'm glad I gave it a shot. This book was well written and took me on an adventure with good and evil that I've never been on. You start out hating the main character and then you're cheering for him. At first, I thought he was paranoid but - turns out he made some smart moves. The book paints a clearer picture
David Taylor
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tale as old as human history set in modern times with some interesting twists.

Having read the book's description on Amazon I was intrigued, and after reading several of the Amazon reviews that contained warnings to various groups of readers I was curious.

I'm sure One in a Million could toy with some peoples belief systems, but if approached with an open mind this book is an action packed journey with more twists than an amusement park ride. I'm hooked, and will be reading the entire trilogy,
Violet H Harmon
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my thing

I don't like horror stories or books about religion and this was both. So for me to have finished reading it means it was well written. I didn't want to keep reading it but I was hooked enough on the plot that I wanted to see where it went. I liked the main characters. I thought some of it was ridiculous and an even more disgusting idea of religion than some of our crazy cults have. But if this kind of story appeals to you it's worth the read.
Emmie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
A fascinating premise. A sinner, nearly destroyed by his transgression, given a second(?) chance to be the one in a million.

I have to say this book grabbed me and would not let me go even after the last page. To the extent I binge read the whole series. It was awesome. A dark journey through a world that few can see and live to tell the tale. Eye opening in many ways.

I would recommend this book to all.
Julie
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good vs Evil

This was a fast paced read, a real page turner. It brings a whole new light to many things that go on in this world that might be considered accidental or coincidental. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a book that is different& not just the same old storyline.
Norma
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nothing could have prepared me for this.

I read. A lot. Many different genres. Sci fi fantasy and urban fantasy are two of my favorites. I didn't think that the book would become a roller coaster ride. Already diving head first into the next book. Have no choice but to find out what happens next.
Donna J. Vansyckle
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One in a Million (The millionth Trilogy Book 1)

I loved it!! When it first started I wondered but when I couldn't stop reading I knew it was a book for me. I love Supernatural and to me I can compare some the good and evil. Being a Trilogy I'm going to have to get the other two books. Tony keep up the very good work I love it and I'm sure many many more do to.
Doug Branscombe
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've got mixed feelings about this book. It's part Crime Fiction, part paranormal/angels & demons. The crime fiction plot and characters I liked a lot, the rest not as much. I'm not sure if it's some deep rooted fear of mine, or just that I didn't find it believeable. Lastly I didn't realize this was Book 1 of a trilogy, so the cliff-hanger ending caught me by surprise.
Barbara Williams
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Just plain weird

Can't say I hated this book, because I finished it in short order. I unfortunately did not read the reviews before hand. My bad! It really turned out to be a little too on the religious side for me and the ending was a non ending. That is always a disappointment.
Eleanor Judge
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed, Not my kind of story to read for enjoyment

Out of my realm to understand, and lost interest before I finished it. More into mysteries. Glad it’s finished and will not get flowing series
Caroline Logsdail
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and it kept me glued right to the end. There are some parts that genuinely creeped me out a bit, but I found myself liking these characters, and willing them on. Am about to buy the second in the series.
Kc Parkins-kyle
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page turning thriller of a different kind.

A very interesting plot that turns into a whole different kind of thriller than I initially thought. Intriguing story line that I am destined to follow.
Julie Rein
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely thrilling

Wow what a great story! Grabs you by the throat and takes you on a page turning thrill ride from start to finish! Great plot vivid characters and descriptions well written loved it
Dianne Peace
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different take on evil

Initially this was a study on how the average human justifies their bad decisions and thoughtless actions. Rarely do we experience the full repercussions immediately. But, payment comes due and the war between good and evil rages on. This was a well written fiction that makes me wonder how much actually was fiction.
Bev
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: have-read
This isn't the kind of story I usually read having said that , I found it took me a little while to "get into" the story line. This story will probably hit on something you don't agree with along the way. I think it is well written, perhaps goes on a bit in places but all in all a good story.
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tobyann by: Batman
A well-written story with plenty of suspense and very well developed characters. This is a well-paced thriller that keeps you guessing and pages turning until the very last page. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Subhajit Das
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was basically a fascinating plot with several catchy twists to divide the story into proper segments. I can say that I like the significance of the story. As it was actually a fast paced (content wise) book, hence I'd not hesitate to recommend this to readers. Thank you.

• Mindbenders
  • The Sense of Death (Ann Kinnear Suspense #1)
  • Magically Betrayed (Hunted Witch Agency, #3)
  • The Immortality Clause (The Immortelle #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • The Fall of Billy Hitchings (A John Reeves Novel)
  • Redemption (Soul, #1)
  • Brain Wars: The Scientific Battle Over the Existence of the Mind and the Proof That Will Change the Way We Live Our Lives
  • The Choice (The Returned, #0.7)
  • The Seventh Seal
  • The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3)
  • Human++ (Human++, #1)
  • Whispering Hills (Whispering Hills, #1)
  • The Life List (The List Trilogy, #1)
  • Chasing the Omega (Small Town, #1)
  • The Lighter Side of Large
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Witch Hill (Occult Tales, #3)
Tony Faggioli was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and raised in Los Angeles. He graduated from the University of Southern California and is a happily married father of two kids, two dogs and a pretty awesome goldfish. He is a supernatural and paranormal author of six books: The Millionth Trilogy (One In A Million, A Million to One and One Plus One), The Snow Globe, Another One, and One Way or An ...more

The Millionth Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Million to One (The Fasano Trilogy #2)
  • One Plus One (The Fasano Trilogy #3)