Start by marking “Savage Courtship” as Want to Read:
Savage Courtship

Savage Courtship

Vanessa could kick herself! It had been a simple misunderstanding...how dared Benedict Savage imply that she'd deliberately set out to seduce him? The very idea was outrageous; he simply wasn't her type! No matter that he was the last word in cool, suave sophistication — he was also her boss, and a formidable sexual predator in the bargain. But Vanessa had no intention of ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #1744, 192 pages
Published April 24th 1995 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Courtship

Start your review of Savage Courtship
boogenhagen
Leona
Aug 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Light fun read by Susan Napier. I really enjoyed this because none of the characters were cast in the stereotypical mode. It's been on my TBR pile for ages and something made me decide to pick it up this weekend. I am so glad that I did.

The heroine was his butler...tall, beautiful, buxom and very smart. The hero was shorter with glasses, but sexy as sin. She wants to hide all her secrets, he won't let her.

I liked the way the relationship developed and I found myself laughing out loud as she le
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Susan Napier is always an amazing WRITER, and I love her predilection for twisting tropes. In this one, the heroine is taller than the hero and is the one with a tortured past. It was sexy, well-written, original... should have ticked every one of my boxes. But somehow something was missing. Not sure what.

[Blog] - [Bookstagram]

photo c l i m b C2A0e v e r y C2A0m o u n t a i n 2_zpsykn9gbgr.png
EeeJay
I read this book atleast 10 years ago and I remember it made a big impact on me, not least for the fact that the hero is physically shorter than the heroine - in all the books that I have read ( and I have read a LOT) that's never happened.

2-The butler did it - but the butler is female ( I hadn't thought about a female butler!)
3-Guy wears glasses ( as someone who wears them too - I loved that perspective!)
4 - You can just tell its going to last....

its not wham bam, thank you ma'am stuff that y
MBR
Benedict Savage is a successful architect, going on 34 when that vague sense of dissatisfaction that has been plaguing him for quite sometime makes him seek refuge in Whitefield House, a property that he had inherited from an uncle who had left it to him, a property that had come along with his deceased uncle’s female butler Vanessa Flynn.

Finding a mystery woman in Benedict’s bed is what kick-starts the story, a woman who disappears by the next morning leaving Benedict flummoxed by the whole thi
Fiona Marsden
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: If you like short sweet stories with a bit of heat
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Favourite
I really enjoyed this story. It was great fun with an unusual hero and distinctive heroine. I really liked both characters and the back and forth between them. I usually enjoy this author's stories. She isn't afraid to have different heroes from the usual alpha jerks.

The courtship was very much a two steps forward, one step back with a lot of humour.
April Brookshire
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin
I read this because it's on a few Best Harlequins type lists. I wasn't impressed, but maybe I just don't like it when the heroine is Amazonian and taller than the hero. Though this book did have its funny moments.
iamGamz

Another fun read from Susan Napier.
This time the H fell for his butler, Flynn. This causes a scandal and Flynn needed to be coerced into believing that there was true love between them.

There was a ghost (maybe), a female butler, a H who was shorter than the h, an OW who really wasn’t really an OW but wouldn’t give up trying to win the H, lots of witty banter, and best of all, 1935 Duesenberg convertible coupé. A little something for everyone.
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Savage Courtship" is the story of Vanessa and Benedict.
When Benedict returns back to the inn he owns, he never expects to find a nymph goddess sleeps on his bed, who he mistakes as a birthday gift from his friend. She's gone next morning, and he relentless looks for her. However he can't help notice that his "demure" housekeeper Vanessa is an efficient,strong woman and manages everything without a hitch.
An unlikely friendship blooms- while Vanessa tries to hide how she got drunk and collapsed i
María
Mar 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, ebook, book, mine
Vannessa was an extremely good Butler: she had to take care of a great and alone house so she used to sleep in a different room each day as a way to mantein each room appropriately aired.
One night, her boss returned without telling her and fin a very sexy blond who he thought was his birthday present. The next morning, he wanted to know who was the sexy blonde. Afraid of his reaction, she keeped her identity as a secret.
Benedict felt very confused. He was sure he had a beautiful and unconscious
Ipshita
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Helen Moulden
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story this one. Especially enjoyed the ending when Dale took Vanessa to Auckland. They must've gone the long way around since they took three hours and stopped for food just outside of Huntly. (my hometown :) ) Huntly is an hour south of Auckland and Thames is East of Auckland. Normally you don't go anywhere near Huntly to get to Auckland from Thames but loved my little town getting a mention. Love books based in New Zealand.
LastBreath
Why 5 stars?

Because the h/H are different from the generic. Because the author is a NZer. Because Susan Napier is a favourite in my Harlequin collection. Because I love the thrill of seduction. Because everybody deserves a Happily Ever After.
Karen
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 90s, mills-boon, workplace
She's the butler. He is geeky and wears glasses.
TT
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Damiano's Return
  • The Sicilian's Mistress
  • Jerat-Jerat Cinta [Savage Seduction]
  • The Banker's Convenient Wife (Brides of L'Amour, #3)
  • The Purchased Wife
  • The Greek Tycoon's Revenge
  • Duarte's Child
  • Bound by Their Nine-Month Scandal
  • The Maid's Spanish Secret
  • The Bridal Bargain (Kings of Australia #2)
  • By Royal Demand (The Royal House of Illyria, #1)
  • The Arranged Marriage (Kings of Australia, #1)
  • The Playboy Boss's Chosen Bride
  • Claiming His Mistress
  • The Morning After (Forbidden! #1)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • Passionate Scandal
  • Lost in Love
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After the bi ...more