Start by marking “Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building A Life-Changing Business” as Want to Read:

Romi Neustadt is passionate about helping others build lucrative direct sales and network marketing businesses that help create lives with more freedom and flexibility, greater purpose and a lot more fun. In this book she offers you the same direct, no-BS coaching she’s given to tens of thousands to help you acquire the skills to build this sucker and teach your team to do

Published September 1st 2016 by LiveFullOut Media

To ask other readers questions about Get Over Your Damn Self, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Over Your Damn Self

Emily
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
If you have ever considered joining any network marketing venture, this is a good read to disillusion you. A large portion of the book is spent explaining how you can exploit every relationship in your life and manipulate others for your own financial gain. The author is involved with the company Rodan & Fields but more or less she explains how it essentially does not matter what product is being sold in network marketing schemes, just that you play the game of trying to get every person you ...more
Robin
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#girlcrush #fuckfear

One of the things I am “supposed” to do for my business is consistently read professional development books. I kinda hate them. But this book? I will never get rid of it and I will buy it for everyone who joins my business. Romi gets it right, her advice is so good and it is not sugar coated. I love her attitude and I love how she is simply not afraid to say the hard things about what many in my field are doing that cheapens our brand and our opportunity. I know that what oth
Robin Bauer
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Get out your highlighter! You're gonna need it. Love this book and all it has to offer for new as well as seasoned DS entrepreneurs. It's full of no BS advice, short, simple and easy to follow. It reads as if Romi is next to you, hanging out, chatting with her friends. Great asset to my growing business.
Lindsey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was also full of practical advice.  It was longer than Rock Your Network Marketing Business and had more stories.  It had a bit of language and bluntness, but also some humor.  It was helpful, even if not written in my favorite way.
Amy Bobryk
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like this is seriously the textbook for anyone working a home based business or network marketing to be (1) authentic (2) not sleazy and (3) helping others while helping yourself first. I’ve read it before and continually have solid takeaways and good lessons to make me better at my job. Definitely get it for your shelf and read often.
Shiloah
Absolutely inspirational. I learned so much. I love her clear, concise, no-nonsense approach to business and to teaching us (women) how to run a successful business. Applying some of her techniques has already started improving aspects of my business. If you can get past the swear words, it is well worth the read! I will be reading again.
Jessi Payne
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I did not expect this book to be so good and so enjoyable. So many wonderful nuggets. This book definitely helps you get your act together.
Beth  Cade
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A must-read for any network marketer!
Hilary
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Has some great nuggets!
Amanda Settell
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I’m giving this book 4 stars because I do think her advice is sound and full proof. I think if anyone takes this advice to heart and goes all in they will almost certainly find success.

However reading this book has made realize that network marketing isn’t my dream. I have zero desire to attack my direct sales business plan like she does. When I was reading a lot of her advice on what to do and what to say It made me feel slimy and spammy, it does not fit my personality, I would feel forced and
Angela
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: boss-babe-books
It definitely gives one perspective on how to recruit, and qualify people for your Network Marketing business, it unfortunately also is exactly why people are turned off to an otherwise very attractive business model.

It does identify a few things well...
1. You will have to talk to a lot of people and grow your network to build a network marketing business. (I know this seems obvious but so many people get into a business thinking that they are going to grow a massive organization by staying with
Steph
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks, 2018
Big fat meh. Also, there was a review that mentioned that the profanity was too much and I thought, “Lighten up, sensitive reader.” But having listened to the whole audiobook, I actually found the amount of the f-bombs distracting and they begin to lose their emphasis two-thirds of the way through the book.
Kelley
Up-front, no-nonsense advice from a woman who has been extremely successful in network marketing. I liked that I couldn't tell which company Neustadt worked for and had to look it up, so I didn't feel like she was selling me on her product, simply her techniques for success in her field (it's Rodan & Fields, by the way). I won't call it compelling reading: I picked it up early this year thinking it would be a quick read, and although it's not difficult, heavy, or poorly-written so as to be c ...more
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EVERY MLM business owner needs this

Having worked in an MLM before without much success, I can tell you if I had THIS TRAINING back then it would have changed things. If you are serious about building a successful business this book will show you what you need to do. Then it's up to you to DO IT! I love Romi's straight to the point, no sugar coating tough love and I bet you will too.
Karenb
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was looking forward to reading this book, but after the intro it seems she was trying to sell me something. I did not find what I was looking for in it so I skipped around to try and find anything useful to no avail.
Crystal Slupe
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read

This book really helps you realize what it takes to make a large income with MLM. However, I wish it weren't so focused on 6 and 7 figure incomes. Not everyone is striving for that. Also....the author doesn't mention the company she is with until the end of the book but with full name shout outs, anyone can Google that and see what MLM company these people are with. I feel that could cause issues for people trying to recruit for a different company since these people being discussed in
Kathy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to Get Over Your Damn Self on audiobook and loved it! I wish I had found it when I rejoined the direct sales industry last June! She makes it sound so easy to talk to people about joining you as business partners without sounding salesy or feeling like you’re being annoying. It really got my butt in gear and start reaching out to people again. It’s so easy to get caught up in everyday life and forget how much you enjoy talking to certain friends. This has helped me rekindle friendship ...more
Tina
This actually did the opposite of what I was hoping...it makes me want to run far, far away from this type of work. Neustadt teaches ways to con someone into believing they need to work the business. If she can't quickly con, then she advocates using the individual as a resource for referrals. For me, my mind must not be there for working in MLM...or maybe it's just in Neustadt's way of teaching that I'm turned off. I don't mean disrespect...it's just so far out of my head to work that way and b ...more
Britta
Aug 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
I couldn't even finish this book. I thought it was be your typical self-help book filled with inspiring stories and advice. However, I felt like this book just encouraged people to get into the MLM business for reasons x, y, & z. I didn't find it inspirational or helpful at all. I would rather hear from a small business owner and the path they took to find success. I want to hear about how someone starts a business from the ground up instead of someone who is encouraging people to do exactly ...more
Amy (BW)
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Looking for some motivational help? This is the book for you. I recently started my own LipSense by Senegence business and my upline recommended I read it. Romi Neustadt really lays it all out for you. The number one reason for your failure, is your own stubborness. Get up and Show up! In order to succeed you have to do the work.
Kara Larson
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read with our Burgess Bunch Strive for Five Group Summer 2017 and honestly wondered why I hadn't read it sooner. So many wonderful tips, tricks and wording. This is truly a must-read for anyone in network marketing--not just R+F. Only gave it 4 stars because I think she could have communicated the same concepts without the ugly, often unprofessional language.
Sarah Levine
May 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found the description of the book to be very deceiving, and did not realize until I had purchased it that it was completely focused on MLM businesses. I tried to keep reading, as I thought perhaps I could still derive some sale tips or business plan ideas from the author, but in the end skimmed the rest as it was all about how to turn every possible relationship into a transaction.
Kathryn Jacobs
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book...requires action!

I love the directness and realness of this book. Starting my 10th year in network marketing, I knew a lot of what was in this book (and some of which was written in our founders book 55 years ago) it's good to get a different perspective. Now it's time to go back and implement step by step what she talked about.
Cassie
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was challenged to read this book after I signed up to sell SeneGence Beauty products. I was told t was amazing, I was told it would change my life, and I was not told wrong.

The biggest challenge you will have after reading this is actually FOLLOWING through with what you just read. You have to be the person who wants to Get Over Your Damn Self.

Great book!
Rehab Dynasty Amy Lee
If you’ve never ever read a single self help hook, or any entrepreneurial type book, great! This is the best way to sum up any major point of everyone’s work.

If you have read any other type business builder book? Have a great teaching team of leaders, ... do not waste your time!

Proof anyone can indeed write a book.
Kristin
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for every entrepreneur!

Simply amazing. I love Romi’s straight-on, tell-it-like-it-is, take no bs attitude. If you’re serious about building your business, then get to reading.
Manan Younas
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Same old concept in rough language

its alright. She has probably given good advise , but too often it's same thing you see in other salees books. Title suggested that book would be about "Damn Self" . But it tries to touching so many topics that it ends up doing justice with none.
Monica
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great information mixed with humor for a solid foundation in any MLM business or just promoting the dickens out of your own. I didn't care for the unnecessary language bombs, but realized there would be some from the title.
Casey
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read!

As a first time network marketing boss I found this book helpful in so many ways. It's become the background thoughts running through my head as navigate through the days. Thank you for putting yourself out there to help so many others!
Catherine Schmidt
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great no-nonsense approach to what is necessary to build a strong business in the multi-level marketing world. I especially enjoyed her real life stories and the wording she gave for specific scenarios. A must read!
  • Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
  • Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star
  • The Four Year Career: How to make your dreams of fun and financial freedom come true or not
  • The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers: Grow Yourself FIRST to Grow Your Business FAST (The Miracle Morning Book Series)
  • She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur
  • The Lazy Project Manager and the Project from Hell
  • Go Pro - 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
  • Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur
  • The Virtual Assistant Solution: Come up for Air, Offload the Work You Hate, and Focus on What You Do Best
  • People Styles at Work: Making Bad Relationships Good & Good Relationships Better
  • The Flip Flop CEO
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • Healthy Gut, Healthy You: The Personalized Plan to Transform Your Health from the Inside Out
  • The Time of Our Lives: A conversation about America; Who we are, where we've been, and where we need to go now, to recapture the American dream
  • The Four Color Personalities For MLM: The Secret Language For Network Marketing
  • The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life
  • Hug Your Customers: STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • Leading from the Front: No-Excuse Leadership Tactics for Women: No-Excuse Leadership Tactics for Women
Romi Neustadt is a former corporate chick (first a lawyer, then a PR executive) who traded in the billable hour for more time and financial freedom through a career in network marketing. She built a 7-figure business in less than three years that's allowed her and her doctor husband John to design the life they really wanted.

Romi loves unlocking the potential in others so they, too, can choose ho
“But I know from experience, you’ll only grow really big if you’re willing to make mistakes and then learn from them.” 1 likes
“Go-Givers give to people by being helpful, being a connector, being genuinely interested in others, and singing other’s praises. It’s all about how you can serve.” 0 likes