Start by marking “Take My Dare (Stark International Trilogy #4)” as Want to Read:
Take My Dare (Stark International Trilogy #4)

Take My Dare

(Stark International Trilogy #4)

I’ve never been happier than I am with Jackson Steele. But I should know better than anyone that happiness always comes at a price...

Published November 8th 2016 by Martini & Olive

To ask other readers questions about Take My Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take My Dare

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back with Jackson and Sylvia!!
You should read their trilogy before reading this novella!

The baby is one year old now and Sylvia's dad is about to be released from prison. (Julie put the Baby short story at the end of this novella, if you haven't read it yet, you could/should read it before starting this book, because it happens about a year earlier obviously ☺)

Remember? Her dad killed the guy who abused her as a kid...
But Sylvia is not yet sure if she's ready to forgive her dad for his rol
Natalie The Biblioholic
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, erotic, dual-pov, novella
What kills me about J. Kenner's series is that every time we think the story is over, that the couple is off enjoying their well-deserved HEA, there's always something else. LOL!! Some new drama, new obstacle, or another enemy to be defeated. Jackson and Sylvia were comfortably existing in their happy ending, but this novella unearthed some unfinished business. It was emotional, sensual, and further proof that their love and unity makes them an unstoppable force. I'll be sure to be on the lookou ...more
Michelle
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 24454fbdc6d2923451cefb7b45ee68_zpsblp5ec1e.gif

Take My Dare is a continuation of Jackson and Sylvia’s story. If you haven’t read this series, I suggest you do in order to understand what had happened. I think it’s best to say that reading a J. Kenner’s story is full of unexpected surprises and twist. When you thought the author was gonna write a happily ever after following up on Jackson and Sylvia, we are thrown into a mix of drama and angst.

Within this hot novella, readers are envelo
Candy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful step into the world of Stark International & all the characters that make up the extended family around Damien & Nikki. This novella is a new installment in Jackson & Sylvia Steele's story. They are finally living the life they both dreamed about with each, their new son & Jackson's daughter from a prior relationship. To Sylvia, life is perfect & absolutely everything she could have hope or imagined for herself. But when her father is set to be released from ...more
Karen Mc
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are some books that hold me tightly in their clutches with characters I could read about forever. J. Kenner's spellbinding and suspenseful Stark series is one I could devour for an eternity. Alluring. Addicting. All-consuming. Take My Dare, the latest Stark sensation, is a sweet, sexy, and suspenseful story that seduced every part of me.

Dark-haired and dark-eyed Sylvia has survived a childhood of hell and was still lost until she met her Prince Charming, Jackson Steele. Oh Jackson, how I'v
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We're back with Jackson and Sylvia!!
You should read their trilogy before reading this novella!

Remember? Her dad killed the guy who abused her as a kid...
But Sylvia is not yet sure if she's ready to forgive her dad for his rol
Gretchen  (About That Story)
I absolutely love this series and Take My Dare was a fantastic addition. This had everything I have come to expect and love... passion, intensity, intrigue, and a whole heck of a lot of heat!

Jackson and Sylvia are true to form with their amazing connection and passion and I loved seeing where they were now in their lives. The love and strength they have for one another as they wind there way through another obstacle is fantastic. I really liked the element of mystery that was presented. I love J
Tanaka K
Take my Dare is a continuation of Jackson and Sylvia. I was so excited that I was getting to read more on Jackson and Sylvia. They happen to be my favourite couple and I was so stoked to see what has been happening. I love J. Kenner. She is a talented writer and she always write books that I cannot help but fall in love with.

Take my Dare was such a hot novella packed with action, angst and drama. It was one of those novella that was a seductive guilty pleasure that I could not get enough. For a
Jennifer Finn
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love any book that has my #1 book boyfriend, Damien Stark in it even if it's only briefly. Jackson Steele is Damien's half brother and he's happily married to Damien's former assistant, Sylvia. Jackson has such love and passion for Sylvia and their relationship is so beautiful to witness. They have such great chemistry and I love their faith in each other. If you've read the Stark International Trilogy then you should definitely read this.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
May 28, 2017 marked it as on-sale-to-read
Sandy S
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 8, 2016

My life with Jackson is nothing short of perfection. He is my love, my husband, the one man in all the world who makes me feel alive and whole. Our careers are on track. Our family is growing. And the ghosts of our past have been vanquished – or so I believed.

When a wonderful night of sensuality and passion
Franci Neill
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Provocative and Healing Stars!!!

I was so in need of a Jackson and Sylvia fix and Ms. Kenner delivered in a big way!! This story takes place as Sylvia's father is being released from jail for the murder he committed a few years ago. She obviously has very conflicting emotions about this as her father wasn't the typical father in that his daughter thought the moon and stars revolved around him...
"My father tossed me into hell, treating me like a pawn. Or worse, as currency."
I knew this abo
Marybeth
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Steele's steals my heart every single time!
Well, I am going to say it, in my opinion Jackson & Sylvia totally rival Damien & Nikki on the smokin' hot & sexy scale! This novella is a great addition to the Stark International series.
They are such a great couple you can't help but wish them nothing but happiness with their two beautiful children. Even beyond their super steamy hot sex, there is so much mutual respect, love, need and utter devotion it is a living breathing entity.
Wendy Hodges
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc copy gifted to reader for an honest review.
The next installment of Jackson and Sylvia's story. With her past still popping up to haunt her, the relationship with Jackson is calming and solid just what she needs. She is starting to find her inner strength, enough to actually stand up and fight back for herself and her family.
I don't normally like books that keep on going in installments, I like my HEA's at the end of each book. But somehow these series by J Kenner do not get stale, although a
Laurie
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my goodness, Take My Dare arrived at the perfect time, because I have needed a J. Kenner fix and this novella hit the spot. Jackson and Sylvia are one of my favorite Kenner pair, second only to Damien and Nikki. I adored the couple they were, but love the unit that they have grown into. They have maintained their edginess and we get see it at full-tilt here. So, hang on to your hats and jump right in.
Sylvia Brookes Steele has always been a strong woman, but everything in book lets you see ju
Dana
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this short story that takes place a year after the birth of their first child, Jackson and Sylvia are once again facing Sylvia's past. With her father out of jail, Sylvia has to decide whether to forgive him for what happened in her past. She also is being blackmailed for half a million dollars to keep the pictures of her in various positions from being released to the public. Pictures of her that were more of the adult variety, taken when Sylvia was a child. Pictures that Sylvia is ashamed o ...more
Deborah
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fantastic! There's such intense chemistry between Jackson and Sylvia. As usual, the time flew by while reading their story. What's not to love! Once again, Julie brings life to the pages. Her descriptive writing had me right there with her characters. The feelings of love, support and commitment are forever present. Moreover, trust is reiterated and shown with sexy-time, words and actions.

Jackson's loyalty to his wife and his devotion for his family is everything. Of course their happy bubble c
Lee
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-kenner-stark
Love will keep them together! While Sylvia continues to face her demons from the past, as she relies on the love Jackson Steele continues to provide, she becomes that much stronger. Together they will dominate. Sylvia discovers that all she needs is the strength of her amazingly, sexy husband to stand beside her, her wingman to win yet another battle. Now more than ever Sylvia is determined to face the world and anyone else who wants to blackmail her or her family. One of my favorite scenes are ...more
Katrina
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I so love Jackson Steele and Sylvia. Sylvia started out as a bit player in original Stark series and later got her own story...with Jackson - Damien Stark's half brother. I love how Jackson is so thoughtful of his wife and is so in tune with her that he feels when she needs him..whether it's emotionally or physically. Sylvia's traumatic past comes back to cause trouble and Jackson is right by her side.
J Kenner is so amazing at writing the hot and heavy love scenes. She really is imaginative an
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
*****4.5 STARS*****

Take My Dare is the perfect continuation of the Steele Family and Stark Saga. I've loved each and every installment, and this one was no different. Jackson and Sylvia have a fervent chemistry that literally heats up the pages. This story gives us a glimpse into the life they've built for themselves. The family they love. The intensity they share. Once again their demons surface and they must face the past, or let it destroy them. Together this sexy duo grounds and centers each
Hilary
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kenner does it again, taking the reader back to her unforgettable Stark International Series, with Take My Dare.

Emotional, angsty, and downright sexy, Jackson dominates. When the world comes crashing it, this couple can overcome it all!

I was so thrilled to see this power couple as loving, doting parents and how the balanced life and their passion. It's a thing to behold.

I could read about these characters forever. Kenner has a way of tattooing them onto the readers hearts. It's a permanent lo
Richelle Robinson
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a novella in the Stark International Trilogy. Somehow I didn't realize this was book 4 but I still enjoyed the story anyway. Sylvia's past comes back to haunt her and she has to make a choice. Will she let it define her or will she finally make peace? This story held my attention and I found myself wanting to read the rest of the books. Even though I didn't read the rest of the books I wasn't lost at all. I like this couple and can't wait to read their backstory!

*an arc was given for an
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
3.5 Stars

This book had so much potential. We get more of Jackson & Sylvia which was always going to be a great thing. Sylvia’s past is yet again rearing its ugly head and threatening the life they have built up together.
I really got into this story and was really enjoying it and then it ended. I felt the ending was just a little abrupt and it did leave me thinking is that it. I really wanted more but it wasn't to be and i did feel a little disappointed.
That aside, I did enjoy the story. It
Joy Boutwell
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Take my Dare by J. Kenner is a must read. Just wish it was longer. If you want a short read that is excellent this is the book.
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
Take My Dare by J. Kenner is a visit into Jackson and Sylvia’s happily ever after. It fast forwards to a few years later. They have been building a happy life and added another member to the family. They are now parents to two precious children. Everything in their life seems to be perfect. Their careers are soaring, the passion is even stronger in their married life, and Jackson has built a brotherly relationship with Damien Stark. Even though their life is wonderful, it’s not absolutely perfe
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm typically not a person that likes novellas, but I love the Stark novellas! I feel like I'm catching up with old friends. In this novella we get a glimpse at where Sylvia and Jackson are at with their son and daughter and the threats that are still out there against them. I loved that we were able to reconnect and there was a short suspense story woven in there. I love Damien and Jackson and Nikki and Sylvia and never get tired of checking in with them. Hoping to see more of Jamie and Ryan to ...more
Naughty Book Blog
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a confessed die-hard J. Kenner fan. She never lets me down! Although the Stark Series is my first love, Jackson and Sylvia certainly have a place in my heart as well. I just can't get enough of her dominant and possessive yet swoon worthy Alpha-males, intense, drama-filled plots with an emotional punch and erotic yet sensual chemistry that is so hot your Kindle might melt. This was a nice little taste to satisfy my cravings until her next full length Stark novel!
Crystal
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I loved getting a little more of Jackson and Sylvia's life. I appreciated how Julie wrote this book with lots of reminders from their trilogy. It's almost to where you could read this novella with out the trilogy but if you did that you would definitely be missing out. So start at the beginning! But this is a wonderful additional to their lives!
Hengy Etebar
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Take my dare

Awesome, amazing and a wonderful read as all of Julie's books.

Thank you for yet another amazing read and I personally can't wait to get your other books with either steel or stark trilogy .

Hengy Etebar
Maureen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this as a continuation book from the Jackson / Sylvia trilogy. This is set a year after Sylvia has their son Jeffrey. There are twists and turns and forgiveness in the mix. The past also tries to come back and haunt them. Let me just say the masked party was a hit with me.
  • Southern Roots (Southern Roots #1)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Hunger (The Seductors Series, #2)
  • Untouched (Florence, Arizona #1)
  • Loverboy
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Don't Close Your Eyes, #1)
  • Keep It Secret (KIS #1)
  • Ultimate Deception (Harden, #2)
  • Broken Until You
  • Clarity
  • Going the Distance (Down for the Count, #2)
  • Justice (Bad Boys of X-Ops, #2)
  • Sunset Vibrations
  • Salvage Her Heart
  • Surviving Brooklyn (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Hooked: The Complete Collection (Hooked, #1-3)
  • Exotic Desires Vol. 1 (Exotic Desires, #1)
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y

Stark International Trilogy (4 books)
  • Say My Name (Stark International Trilogy, #1)
  • On My Knees (Stark International Trilogy, #2)
  • Under My Skin (Stark International Trilogy, #3)