Start by marking “Living With Doubt (The Regret Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Living With Doubt (The Regret Series, #2)

Living With Doubt (The Regret Series #2)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
She’s hiding from everyone…

I don’t need a happily ever after filled with fake promises, animosity and eventually a divorce to be content. I’m living the dream…my dream, regardless of what anyone thinks of me. My meager life was perfect until a cocky football player wormed his way into my existence.

Once upon a time, I played an unconscious role in my own life, a mistake
Published April 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Living With Doubt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living With Doubt

Dilek VT
“Living with Doubt” is the story of Jake & Lacey, who were side characters in “Living with Regret” . That is why, although they are both stand-alone books, I would advise you to read them both in order to get a deeper knowledge of everything going on in those people’s lives.

“Living with Regret” was a 5-star read for me although the hero in it made too many awful mistakes. With the selective amnesia, it was a unique and different story, which affected me deeply.

“Living with Doubt”, on the ot
Alex ♈
Absolutely FLOVED the HEROINE!

Amazing woman! The best!

Strong, independent, sassy b*tch!
And I love b*tches!
It takes one to know one! *lol*

Jokes aside, she was actually a very kind and honest person. She had a golden heart and always stood by her friends.
I wish to have her as my BFF.

She was hotheaded, but always honest.
I loved how she supported her BFF, the heroine from the previous book, and not only because I didn't like the hero, but also because I clearly saw that she loved and cared for h

Living With Doubt has a blurb that caught my attention right away and made me want to read this book as soon as possible. I'm really happy that this book crossed my path because I enjoyed reading it and I found a new author. I definitely want to read more of her work, especially Living With Regret since we got a little of Chase and Jordan in this story.

I did like reading about Jake pursuing Lacey and I love when it's the Hero that has to work the most in a relationship. He was really amazing to
Ann Lou
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
How would you feel if your BFF has been dumped by a dickwad ten years prior. And said dickwad told your BFF that he never stopped loving her after all this time? But before the concussion he never did anything to get her back? As her BFF would you be happy for her and support the relationship? HELL NO! That is Lacey in a nutshell. Does that make her a b*tch? NO WAY! Hurt her friend and you're dead to her attitude, I love. Can I have her as my BFF please? She speaks her mind, loyal, tenacious, st ...more
Rachel K
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all, I loved Lacey! She may come across as bitchy to some, but i loved her! Jake was great, too :)

What stated out as instant attraction turns into a one-time thing, turns into friends-with-benefits, turns into so much more. The pacing was good, the story held my interest and it was a great read.

It did lose points because anytime Chase and Jordan were in it, I was skimming to the end of their scenes. Can't stand either of them but loved that Lacey made sure Chase knew she didn't like or
*~* Susie
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
4 star!!

I absolutely loved Living with Regret, so I was totally on board to read Living with Doubt.
We met Lacey and Jake in LWR. Lacey is a feisty lawyer and Jake is a pro football player. The two stories intertwine a bit, so I recommend reading LWR first.
Both characters had issues in their past that made it hard for them to fully be in a relationship. The drama was minimal, really leading up to Lacey revealing her past.
I loved how this was not an insta love story. It took a while for their f
Maddy's Reading
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sport-romance, arcs
We met Jake and Lacey in the book Living with Regret. Both of them were interesting characters on their own so I was looking forward to reading their story. Well...I loved it!!
Jake is a typical football player who loves his job and women. But something about Lacey intrigues him and he can't help but go back for her. He's tall, handsome, witty and patient. You need that in heaps when dealing with a strong and opinionated woman like Lacey.
Lacey is a junior lawyer in New York who works hard and pa
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Living with Doubt is a spin off story for Jake and Lacey who were best friends of Chase and Jordan in Living with Regret. You do not have to read Living with Regret first because there is enough mentioned of their background story in this book that you will understand their history and how they met. Both books are well written with awesome characters, witty banters and entertaining storylines.

“Sometimes life doesn’t play out the way we’d expect.”
“But people usually learn the greatest lessons af
Jessica Alcazar
If you read Living with Regret, then you've already met Jake and Lacey. If you haven't, no worries, Living With Doubt is their full stand-alone story and Riann C. Miller does a really good job of making sure their history and anything we might have learned about them in Living With Regret is fully explained.

This story is both scorching hot and scorchingly emotional. Jake and Lacey are both alpha characters. IMO, that made it an even better read. Lacey did all the pushing away .. again, more inte
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 "I love this book" stars!! Another for my favorites list!!!

This book can be read in conjunction with "Living With Regret" but I read as a stand alone and did not feel shorted at all!! Trust me this is a MUST READ!!

This is the story of Jake and Lacey. Jake is a cocky pro football player, happy with just partying and playing football. That is until he lays on Lacey...
Lacey is a self assured bitchy underpaid lawyer who is jaded against men. Mind you she loves sex but that's about it. That is unti
i fall in love book blog
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting for this book for over a year. Living With Regret was the first book I requested off of NetGalley that I absolutely loved. It was my first experience with Riann's writing, and the first time that I desperately wanted a side couple to get their own book. Living With Doubt is that book.

I REALLY liked the parts of Lacey we saw in Living With Regret. I found her less likable here, but only because it took her so long to get on board with Jake. These two are hot together, and Jake
Tracy- OMGReads
Living with Doubt is a great novel about coming to terms with your past.

Jake and Lacey are a great pair. They meet under the most unusual circumstances and as much as Jake is ready for Lacey, she doesn't want to be ready for him. She inspires quite the chase. Jake is just swoon-worthy in his attempts to capture her heart. Lacey is flawed and her soul is damaged. But she's tough, almost too bullheaded at points, but it's all in the name of protecting herself.

While I wish we had a little more foc
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jake and Lacey were first introduced as the best friends of Chase and Jordan in Living With Regret, and while Living With Doubt can be read as a standalone, I personally recommend reading LWR first.

Jake seems like the stereotypical cocky and womanising football star, and Lacey seems like the typical uptight and bitchy lawyer. But as in real life, looks can be deceiving and you never really know exactly what has happened in someone’s life prior to you meeting them that has shaped them into the pe
Riann Miller
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
Tania's Book Blog
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my I loved this book!!! I didn't read Book 1 and I don't think I need to after reading about these two. I loved Jake & Lacey even though I wanted to kill her half the time.

Jake was your typical football player with a past but he was so damn sweet, sexy and alpha all wrapped up in one. He was an amazing friend, son, brother but most of all lover. He comes across as cocky but he's confident and funny. Lacey was intelligent, gorgeous and independent. She comes across as a bitch because of he
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I waited and waited for this book and it did NOT disappoint in the least. Jake is even hotter in his own book than as a friend in Living With Regret. You first meet Jake and Lacey in Living With Regret and in all honesty, you don't need to read it first but it does give a background on the friendship between Jake and Chase and Lacey and Jordan. Lacey was so funny in book one but she is hysterical in her own book.

This is the story of friends of friends who first meet when Lacey goes off to A
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Heartache meets Heartbreak in this story!

Hiding behind a snarky attitude and tough exterior lies a broken heart. Those were my thoughts about Lacey. She doesn't want to be hurt and uses her attitude as a weapon. She meets her match in Jake! A tough pro ball player who is just as broken as she is. Instead of being repelled by her attitude, he is attracted to it! Like A Magnet! I thought Jake was ready to move on from the past. Lacey wasn't quite there yet. She had suffered more of a loss than Jak
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Well, this story was just fantastic. I didn't know what to expect with this being my first book by this author and all. But it was great. I loved the slow burn. I loved the alternating POV. I loved almost all of it.

What I didn't love was that it took our heroine 95% of the book to make up her mind. She wanted to come across as this strong woman but was too afraid to admit her feelings. Obviously, learning her truth made me realize how important that front was to her. It had a purpose, but I sti
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xyz
4 out of 5 stars

A woman wronged Jake once, and he won’t make that mistake twice. Football is his passion and that is all he needs. Woman fall at his feet but he only keeps them around for one night.

Lacey lost her true self in her relationship with her abusive ex. She has promised herself that she will never be someone’s doormat again. She has no time for men anyways as she is trying to build her legal career.

Jake and Lacey meet when they are both trying to help their best friends through some t
Melanie Moreland
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Damaged Love was a wonderful read. Our couple’s beginning ended in heartbreak for them both, but the second part of their story was woven in such a way it erased the scars the past left behind.
The book proves that time can heal, and second chances can be earned.
Jet and Rachel are both great leads, and it was a pleasure to read as they grew and fell in love again, once their trust in each other became solid. The addition of great side characters made this a well-rounded, pleasurable read.
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She’s hiding from everyone…

Once upon a time, I played an unconscious role in my own life, a mistake I have no plans of repeating. I pride myself with my outspoken and frequently excessive nature. It’s the consistent reminder o
Busy Bees
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Star Rating - *****

Although this story is a standalone we meet characters Jake and Lacey whom we were briefly introduced to in LIving with Regret as best friends of football star Chase and Jordan. In this story we start where Living with Regret ended and fire cracker Lacey has gone to save her best friend Jordan from making another mistake and taking back old flame Chase after he has an injury leaving him with memory loss of the last 10 years and he doesn't remember that he and Jordan ever split
Naomi Connor
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

I loved both Jake and Lacey when I read Living with Regret, so with the news that they were getting their
own book I was very excited!

I loved this authors writing, she has a way with words that holds you captive. This was a very emotional and passionate read that theft me feeling raw in parts.

This couple met when their best friends were trying to figure out their own relationship. But there was definitely a spark
Nora Fresse
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Living with Regret introduced us to Lacey and Jake, who are Jordan and Case's best friends. and while I loved Jacob and Chase, I absolutely Floved Lacey and Jake.

Lacey Davis is a kickass lawyer who has no problem speaking her mind and telling off anyone who deserves it. She's fierce and her loyalty to her best friend is admirable. She's the kind of heroine I love to read about. The way she emasculated Chase's father was epic. However, there are secrets in her past that she can't get over and th
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: bea

If you ever have been afraid to love again (like me) then you should read Living with doubt by Riann C. Miller, I do like this book a lot, I didnt love it because theres a side story in there which I feel it was kind of forced and it didnt bring much to the main story otherwise I would love this book. I dont want to spoil anything but Jake and Lacey started as fuck buddies and then move on just to find trapped between the past, the present and what the future is going to be. I had been looking f
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Crazy Cajun Book Addicts for an honest review.

Living with Doubt is Jake and Lacey's story and is definitely not one to be missed it's a MUST READ!!! Its beautiful written and the story line has a great flow it will pull at your heartstrings and you can't help but hope these two can find the strength to be open with each other and find the happiness together they both truly deserve.

Lacey is a lawyer, she's fiesty, independent and definitely no
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, best-of-2017
That was a great read. Riann you did a superb job with this one. Lacey has a doubt that keeps her from being in a relationship but there is one man who just might change that when she shows up looking for her friend Jordan, she meets Jake Girard instead. Let the challenges begin. Jake has been in one relationship in order to have his doubts but Lacey just may be the one to change those doubts.
In Living With Doubt, Riann makes you laugh (a lot) with the antics these two go through. Then Riann ma
Sassy Southern
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These characters were written so well. I loved Lacey. She is a strong female character. Shes a lawyer that was just added to a firm so she gets stuck with the pro bono cases most. But she has worked and paid her way through college hasn't needed help from anybody. She has no filter and says whatever she feels. I found myself laughing with some of the things she would say. Jake is a football God, lol. But he too knew what he wanted to be at a young age and fought his way to become the best so he ...more
Diane plourde
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

Living in Doubt was an amazing 4 star story that kept me intrigued until the end. These characters were first introduced in the book Living with Regret. I instantly took a liking to Jake with his sense of sarcastic humour. I thought that the beginning of the story was a little bit slow to pick up mainly it was a recap of Living in Regret. So for a reader who first starts with this book will be brought up to date on some the events that happened in the first book. I had already read the first st
Amy  Crull
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
So if you've read my review for living with regret, then you know I wasn't the biggest fan of Lacey. That didn't change until the very end of this book. She was the same thru most of this book. Jordan and Chase were having issues and she'd butt in like normal. It took Jake to get her calm down and butt out. Jake is a character I liked. He was persistent in his chase with Lacey. He gave her space when needed but also stood his ground with her. It pushed her to deal with her issues and find out if ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Riann C. Miller is the author of eight contemporary romance novels. Her new release, Returning Home is available now!

Riann (pronounced Ry-an) lives in Kansas with her husband and two teenaged children. When she’s not reading, or writing, she usually enjoying a Royals game.

Riann's Readers:

Twitter https://twi
More about Riann C. Miller...

The Regret Series (2 books)
  • Living With Regret (The Regret Series, #1)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)