Start by marking “Almost There: Prequel to Shame On You” as Want to Read:
Almost There: Prequel to Shame On You

Almost There: Prequel to Shame On You

4.82  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Zane, Benxi, and Mekhi's careers are on the brink of superstardom. But each has a past that's threatening to catch up with them. While some of their demons are deep emotional wounds, others are flesh and blood enemies who will stop at nothing to keep them from achieving the fame they've worked so hard for.
Kindle Edition
Published September 18th 2016 by Grace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Almost There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost There

Ellowyn
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda has done a good job with the prequel. I am so looking forward to reading Shame on You. I love this back story.
Karen
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Awesome job Rhonda!!! Rhonda has stepped out of her comfort zone and did an amazing job.
Burgundy
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First can I say I have been waiting on something new from Rhonda McKnight and boy did she deliver. Almost there reads like a novel, but is a prequel to a longer book. This prequel is the story of Benxi, Zane and Mekhi. Benxi is a singer from Tampico Georgia. She thinks by running away from a strict grandmother and some other things I'm not gonna mention that she can outrun her demons. Mekhi is music producer who thinks he can give Benxi her next big hit. And then there's Zane. Zane is a supermod ...more
Idrissa Uqdah
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What will happen next?

This prequel cleared up some things about Benxi and why she is the way that she is.
She is as broken as Sameria was in the first book of this series.

Mehki has issues too but my heart was caught up with Zannia. Wondering what her complex story is. Her brother, Zander has deep history with Mehki. What is the deal with that?

And how is Sameria going to play into all of this drama?

This prequel leaves the reader with a lot of questions.

And I enjoyed every bit of the intrigue. Th
Jackie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I promise you will not put this book down until the very end! Wow, Rhonda..you did your thing on this one! I have enjoyed all of the books in the Samaria Jacobs series, but this one here! You don't often get a backstory on the characters in books you love, but "Almost There" really opened my eyes to Mekhi, Benxi, Cig, Zanaire and Zander! I kinda want to go back and start all over with the series before "Shame on You" comes out!

This is a very easy and quick read and it does not disappoint!
Cryssy Dee
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Rhonda McKnight! 'Almost There' was definitely a teaser and now I'm even more excited to read 'Shame on You'. I love that I was able to learn more about Mekhi and Benxi from the beginning. Even though I had my reservations about Benxi, she's definitely starting to grow on me. I'm also curious to see how Zane will fit into all the madness. Lol! November 8th can't come soon enough!
Nicole
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well alright then!

I don't know why, but I was prepared not to like this book! Needless to say, my brain must be on vacation! This book is awesome sauce!

Digging into Benxi's history was a great idea. It explains the story behind the person. I felt this one. The dialog is so engaging. This story draws you in and holds you tight.

I understand the disclaimer, although you didn't need it. Great job Ms Rhonda!
Sharon Simmons
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Things are not always what they seem! Benxi, Mekhi and Zannia all had success but where still not happy. I can't wait for the next book! This author never disappoints me!
Duezette
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Different

I love this author but this is really different it was good. I can tell that she moved from her comfort zone and midway I recognized her style. Thank you for another great read and I hope you are almost there with the next book!!!
April
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great back story!
*full review coming soon*
JOI E BOYD
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My review

Rhonda Mcknight has done it again. This book was totally awesome. I can't wait to read the next. Very well written .
Tamara Young
cornell osborne
Jan 14, 2018
Pamela Bell
Apr 24, 2018
Even as she pursued degrees in Textile Technology, Organizational Leadership and finally, Adult Education, Rhonda McKnight’s love for books and desire to write stories was always in the back of her mind and in the forefront of her heart. Rhonda loves reading and writing stories that touch the heart of women through complex plots and interesting characters in crisis. She writes from the comfort of ...more
More about Rhonda McKnight