Start by marking “Drawn In” as Want to Read:
Drawn In

Drawn In

Undercover police officer Kell has crossed the line. Hes become trapped in an abusive relationship with his violent thug of a boss and sees no way back without wrecking months of work. The hope of ever being involved with someone who respects him seems a distant dream.

Private investigator Gethin is depressed that the bulk of his work involves following unfaithful partners.
Published October 17th 2016 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about Drawn In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawn In

Start your review of Drawn In
Judith
4.5 Stars.

This is definitely my kind of book.Two characters who are struggling in their daily lives for different reasons.I didn't find it particularly dark although there is some sensitive,thought provoking subject matter.

Kell is working as a undercover Cop in a gay club trying to obtain information to bring down the club's owner.One of the men close to the
top takes a shine to Kell and he finds himself giving into Marek's violent demands in the hope of gaining his trust and getting some
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

*** BR with Ele ***

Theres angst, and then theres ANGST. This book is the all-caps version. Its dark, brooding, and depressing, with no happiness on the horizon. A HEA lurks on the last few pages, but first you have to trudge through the Swamp of Sadness.

Warning tags: (view spoiler)

Gethin is a private investigator who lives in a sad little flat. He wants to help people and often
Ele
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it

*3.5 stars*

This is NOT a bad book, and I don't want to discourage anyone from reading it. This is a good book, well-written and evocative. Barbara Elsborg sure knows her craft.

It's also an angsty book. No, scratch that. It's pain and despair. It was like a black cloud that settled over me the whole time I was reading it. Now, I can do sad and angsty, but there has to be a ray of sunlight somewhere, or at least a big payoff. Here, it was not the relationship angst, which I find delicious. It was
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Delicious, delicious angst. You will gorge on it, in Drawn In. I love this author's writing. Her stories never fail to engage me, and Drawn In was no different. It is dark, though, and angsty, through and through, so do be prepared. Maybe have a teddy bear handy for cuddles.

Gethin Jones is a fairly new private investigator, generally called in to follow spouses suspected of cheating. He's not really a happy guy and his relationship with an ex, Jonnie, is nothing but complicated and
Diana
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This story definitely captures your attention from the beginning, and does not let up. There is plenty of angst, but yet some sweet moments too.
Kell is cop working undercover at a gay sex club, trying to take down the owner for human trafficking, drugs and so much more. What Kell has to go through is brutal, and he is struggling to keep his cover.

Gethin is a Private Investigator, who is having trouble with his latest case. He is also trying to cope with a horrendous
Sheri
What exactly is angst?
Well, lets be precise hereAngst is; a feeling of dread, anxiety, or anguish. Im fussy when it comes to angst in my romance stories. I like to take the hard trail and fight for my books but, BUT, I need to know its worth it. I like what I call 'balanced angst'. Or I like to be rewarded for all of my heartache. There were times I questioned if this was worth it. It didnt seem balanced at first. I wasnt sure I could push through the pain. Yet I did because soon I could feel
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ by: Sheri
Let me just play devil's advocate on behalf of this book for a sec. Drawn In came after reading two phenomenal books back to back, so it had big shoes to fill. Also, I seem to be continuing to struggle with heavy reads under the Cheeto regime. I like Elsborg's writing and she does have a tendency to tackle some weighty issues, had I been in a different mindset this could have been a 4 heart read, but timing is everything. So they say.

This is one weighty read. There are mentions of pedophilia,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I was scared of the angst in this one. But it's Barbara Elsborg - there's always angst. But it's angst I can handle. It's not eye-roll inducing, drama for the sake of drama, angst.

This was certainly hard to read at times. Pretty much every scene with Marek and Kell made me cringe. And every scene with Gethin and Johnnie was pretty heart-breaking. But amongst all that was BE's trademark banter to help lighten things up a bit.

There was a good mix of romance and suspense I thought.

Some very
Katerina
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc

And here we are ... with drums and trumpets, with thunder and lightning ...

Are you ...

Are you?

Don't worry. Because here is light, too. Just look ...

Much more light. Is it enough for you?

And there is also humor! So much of it ...

The guy is so sweet, huh?

For sure!

And now you will laughing, will you?

Drawn in ... like drawn in the book. Complete. With skin and hair. After a night shift with my Kindle I'm done. I needed to know.

Are you afraid of the darkness? Be calm. Because there isn't THIS
Fabi
Destroyed

That's how I feel after reading this book.

It's dark, it's emotional, and it never lets up. An mm romantic suspense thriller that will grab your heart strings from the very beginning and not let up until the very end.

The plot is darkly fascinating. The on page scenes so descriptive that you live them. The reveals come torturously slow and I've never seen such a hard won HEA.

This book will have you gasping when not outright crying.

If you're an American reading this book you'll notice
Nat ReadingAllNite
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whoops! Forgot to add that I received an ARC copy from the author in return for an honest review!

Oh my stars! All the stars! Another stupendously intense and sexy story from one of my favorite authors. I've read so many Barbara Elsborg MM and I've loved every one. Kell and Gethin were fabulous characters, so well fleshed out and I was completely infatuated with them. Barbara does a marvelous job of balancing the building suspense and danger, the rough and rocky romance and the incredibly hot sex
Sheziss
***DNF 24%***

I started this one day and it took me WEEKS to reach to this point. Unfortunately, this book and I are terribly incompatible.

I tried, I really did. But when the first 18% is done and you still cannot see how/where/when the two guys are ever gonna meet, the situation can be discouraging at least. When you finally got to see them together I couldnt feel the spark.

So now I have no reason to go on.

To be honest, Im not exactly a Private Investigator book fan exactly. Well, I have no
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it

Just dont break me
I doubt I could break you. But Id always put you back together.
,/i>

Its been a while since weve picked up a Barbara Elsborg book and from the very first chapter, we were reminded of why we adore this authors work as much as we do. Whether its M/F or M/M there is a sadness and despair to her stories thats always alleviated in some ways by the injection of acerbic, sarcastic witty inner monologue or banter. She has a gift of injecting slivers of light into the darkness,
Kazza
I loved this book. Loved. It. At the moment I'm looking for contemporary romance with angst and characters with depth and flaws. I want a connection that's intensely emotional (psychological in some way) with wild eroticism; Drawn In gave it to me with two smokin' barrels.
Review to come sometime over the weekend as life allows. In the meantime...

Review up on blog -
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Chris
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Well this was a nail biter at times- one shit show after another ! I actually enjoyed the intensity between Kell & Gethin and their desperation to enjoy each other. There were many pain in the ass characters that were factors in blocking these two, from a needy quadriplegic, to an insane sadistic criminal to an even more sadistic brother. Seriously how these two guys remained semi sane is an understatement ! If you like high drama, undercover angst I'd say give this a go
Caipi
This was a tough one!

Undercover cop Kell was trapped in an abusive relationship but he kept going, always in the hope to find incriminating evidence.
Private investigator Gethin was depressed. He didn't like his job and his personal life was dictated by a complicated situation with his ex.

Kell and Gethin met by chance at a party. There was an instant attraction between them and after some hot encounters they agreed to continue to meet for casual sex. A no-strings arrangement, because for both of
Lisa Cullinan
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read
Best read of 2016

I read Drawn In with a few of my GR reading buddies, and I'm so glad I did. This story takes the reader on one helluva ride. For the majority of this book, I had to keep reminding myself to breathe.
The two main characters, Kell and Gethin, will cross paths twice but don't know it yet. Kell is so deep undercover that his life is in constant dangerthe players in his world are abusive and shady, and no one is to be trusted. As Kell tries to get enough Intel to end a slave trade
Bev

Dark, gritty and thoroughly believable [who knows what goes on in these undercover police ops but the protagonists themselves], and yes of course, it has angst [let's face it, not many stories nowadays can be declared an angst-free zone], BUT it's so well-written it's no surprise she's one of my fave authors. I haven't read a bad Barbara Elsborg story yet, and I include her M/F/M and M/F in there too. This story had so much going on. 5 stars all the way from me....

Tremendously hot sex scenes are
Laxmama
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a bit angsty, darker book, I enjoy that in my stories when done well- which this was. This was mutual suspense from both M/C's they both had their share of crazy issues to deal with. Besides the romance side I liked the overall suspense story in this book, it was done very well.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, lbr

Kell is in a bit of a bad place. Hes undercover and after his last mission didnt pan out, he needs to really come through with the goods on this one. Unfortunately, that has led him to cross the line in a major way. He is basically the play thing for the second in command, who is never gentle nor caring. He succumbs to it all for the good of the job, biding his time until he has enough important information to take it all down.

Gethin is a PI who crosses paths with Kell, and the two share a
Alona
Nov 17, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a nice read, not my favorite by the amazing Barbara Elsborg, but good written plot with some nerve wrecking moments.

The Jonnie part of the story simply tore my heart out into thousand little pieces.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016

Just dont break me
I doubt I could break you. But Id always put you back together.
,/i>

La*La
4.5 stars.

I guess I might be quite twisted, because I just don't think this book was as dark and depressing as the other reviewers describe. Sure, there was angst, but not to the point of total hopelessness. Dunno, I didn't feel desolate while reading this. I actually enjoyed the book. Barbara Elsborg usually does suspense really well, and this time was no exception. I especially loved Kell's interactions with his gangster lover..the man was abusive, but I thought Kell handled him very well,
Pianka *call me PIU*
Barbara Elsborg never fails to deliver gritty and angsty stories and Drawn In was no different. It was dark and violent and the MCs really have to go through a lot (emotionally and physically) to get their HEA. Its definitely not for the weak hearted. Its a perfect cop drama with loads of action and good old detective work. The plot was fast paced and engaging with complicated characters you cant help but sympathize and love.

Kell DeMornay is an undercover cop who is currently investigating a
Ari
3,5*

I thanked Barbara Elsborg for her writing that this story overwhelmed me with feeling despite the so many things which disturb me.

For starter, name "Gethin", forgive me if I dunno that this name is common in UK but what kind of name is that? I kept mistaken it with "getting"!

And then there're angst, a lot of it. From Kell's evil brother, Kell's abusive relationship and most of all Gethin's complicated relationship with Jonnie (damn.. this name annoyed me too). It's like both MC having so
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

A mixture of consensual sex, rough sex, love, hate and deception, Drawn In had it all. Kell and Gethin were interesting, confusing and stuck in the middle of a mess. When all is said and done, it will be them finally being truthful with everything to overcome all the barriers that stand between them. There were some characters that were truly mean and hateful but added the intrigue to the story. Then there were characters that were hysterical
Diverse
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: october-2016
Just like all of Barbaras books Drawn In had my emotions going through the wringer. WOW. This is a book that is filled with so much feeling it weighs heavy on your chest at times.

You know Kell is an undercover police officer from the blurb so Im not giving anything away what the blurb doesnt tell you is that Kell is the type of character that you read and want to rescue, hide in your pocket, and shoot anyone that even looks at him funny. He has an awful brother. No really I think hes the worst
QuietlyKat
J
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 stars. A 1/2 star reduction for editing errors and just a teensy unbelievability in some of the coincidences of the MC's meetings. But this was a great M/M story with two very different main characters that found something wonderful in each other.

One small warning, there is a side story to one of the characters which will require a hanky or two near the end. But, this is a gritty story in the seedy parts of London that is also a wonderful romance.
« previous 1 3 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Drawn In by Barbara Elsborg (M/M Buddy Read) 66 23 Nov 23, 2016 06:15AM

• Straight as a Wheel: Smoke Valley MC (Sex & Mayhem, #11)
  • Dig Your Grave (Staniel, #2)
  • Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • Love Me Whole
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Fatal Shadows (The Adrien English Mysteries, #1)
  • Arrows Through Archer
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Hometown Christmas
  • On Davis Row
  • The Monet Murders (The Art of Murder, #2)
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • The Mermaid Murders (The Art of Murder, #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Other Than Honorable (Cabrini Law #3)
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Volcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and

News & Interviews

“Not seen you in here before.” Dieter stared at Gethin’s chest. “Cool harness.”
“Thanks.”
“Have you been here before?”
“No,” Gethin said.
“Why tonight?”
He sounded genuinely curious and Gethin shrugged. “Book club was cancelled.”
In Dieter’s giggle, Gethin caught a glimpse of the teenager he really was.
“You read then?” Dieter asked.
“I try. Not the long words obviously.”
1 likes
“I want to know him. I want to know what he likes, what he doesn’t like. I want to know what kind of man he is. I want to know if he could like me for more than sex.” 1 likes