Start by marking “Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever (Probably)” as Want to Read:
Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever (Probably)

Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever

(Snappsy the Alligator #2)

Snappsy the alligator wants nothing more than a quiet evening alone, but a pesky chicken who insists he’s Snappsy’s best friend won’t leave him alone. Friendship bracelets? Matching shirts? The sleepover of the century? Snappsy did not ask for any of the activities this chicken – his best friend forever? – is planning.
Published October 3rd 2017 by Viking Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever

Start your review of Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever (Probably)
Danielle
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is it possible to love a sequel more than it's original? Even if it happens to be the original book I ever sold as an agent? Well, this may be the case because whether Snappsy wants to be in a sequel or not he is and it is SPECTACULAR! Julie and Tim have outdone themselves...readers will laugh and possibly even cry! Love love love this new addition to the Snappsy universe!!! <3 ...more
Bea
Cute, good for preschool and kindergarten age.
Sadie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was really cute and so worth the read. I truly believe it teaches kids to appreciate people for who they are. Falatko and Miller do a wonderful job on creating depth to a character in the simplest way, but yet still carry a huge amount of "Don't judge a book (or person) by its cover or appearance". It also brings awareness to "Be careful what you say, you might regret it". I love the colors and art in this book. Its adorable so relatable. Snappsy is totally me 99.9% of the time. I feel ...more
Abigail
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone Who Read & Enjoyed the First Story About Snappsy
Snappsy the Alligator and his narrator "friend" Bert return in this second amusing meta-fictional picture-book devoted to their adventures, following upon Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book) . Opening some weeks after the party depicted at the end of that earlier book, this tale sees Bert pestering Snappsy, whose home he has not left, with his notions about their status as best friends, and the many sleepover activities they should engage in, as a result...

Like its predeces
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
This is a book about that suffocating person who thinks they are your best friend even though you've subtly hinted repeatedly that you are sort of a loner. You know, that person who desperately wants to get together to just 'hang out' even though you can't find a single thing you have in common beyond species and general location.

*shudder*

This book made me uncomfortable as I recalled similar attempts to extricate myself from a clingy person who had decided I was their bestie.

Snappsy is a bette
K8
I want to like this, but it feels too stalkerish.
mindful.librarian ☀️
Snappsy is a lovable curmudgeon, and kids love hearing this story with the different voices read with lots of expression. It's a sweet story of reluctant friendship with a healthy dose of exaggeration. Fans of the earlier Snappsy title and books such as the Elephant & Piggie series by Mo Willems will eat this up as they follow Snappsy and his friend Bert (who knew he had a name?!?) on their adventures. The illustrations are adorable and the speech bubbles make this attractive to early readers.

T
Susan
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved the first Snappsy book, but this fell a little flat for me. Kiddo didn't seem as hooked by it either, maybe because he felt my dislike of the ending. Snappsy - it's okay to think Bert is annoying sometimes! Your relationship doesn't have to be all or nothing! You can still be friends and want to be left alone, Snappsy! BERT IS BRAINWASHING YOU. Sorry Bert, you mean well. But you need to learn to have some independence.
Here's what happens when the narrator does what he wants without the character's permission. Since the party in book one, Snappsy hasn't been able to shake his narrator. He finally gets rid of him (but not quite really, as he stays in his front yard, so Snappsy gives in. But you know what they say, if you give a narrator an inch....
Brenda Kahn
This was clever fun that would make for a raucous read aloud. I missed the first Snappsy book. It seems he can't shake this pesky chicken - all he wants to do is be alone. Bright cartoon art with lots of visual humor that adds to the humor of the text. Give to fans of Elephant and Piggy and the I am (not) series.
Melissa
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So cute and sweet, I think I may have teared up a little toward the end cause it's such a cute story.
Kara
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No sophomore slump for Snappsy. His second book is as clever and charming as the first.
Racheal
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this but didn't love it as much as the first. I kinda wish it had been a little less one-sided. Sure, it's good for Snappsy to learn that it can be better to have a friend than to be alone all the time and that sometimes it's okay to capitulate and do what they want, but I wish that Bert had also learned to back off a little and not trample all over Snappsy's wishes all the time. I was hoping for a bit more compromise, I guess?
Bethe
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The party continues - so to speak - for Snappsy and the chicken! Love the energy of the story and how Snappsy tries to resist Bert's friendship advances. Simply adore the page when Bert says "I get that a lot"!!!
Karina
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A charming sequel to the first SNAPPSY, filled with lots of laugh out loud lines! Loved it!
Elizabeth
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elizabeth by: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...
Minh Lê‏'s "Best Picture Books of 2017" gave this an Honorable Mention for "Funniest," and while I understand what it's trying to do, I actively disliked it.

Snappsy the alligator had one party weeks ago, and Bert the chicken decided they were BFFs and never left. Bert wants them to do lots of fun stuff together, and Snappsy frequently states that he wants to be doing something alone, or something more quiet, or something different, and Bert basically ignores it. Snappsy finally kicks him out, an
Baby Bookworm
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Snappsy The Alligator And His Best Friend Forever! (Probably), written by Julie Falatko and illustrated by Tim Miller, a story of how friendship can often be perfectly imperfect.

A direct sequel to the hilarious Snappsy The Alligator (Did Not Ask To Be In This Book), the reader rejoins the reluctant protagonist as he embarks on a new adventure: friendship with t
Stephanie H (My Bookish Itinerary)

A couple of years ago we read: Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book!) and LOVED it. So I was very excited for us to read another Snappsy the Alligator story.
Sadly, my girls did not enjoy this one as much as the first book.
Snappsy the Alligator and His Best Friend Forever (Probably) is about Snappsy the Alligator and a chicken named Bert. Bert thinks that Snappsy is his BFF (best friend forever) but Snappsy has other ideas.
To me, this story is very entertaining and has
JenLovesBooks
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute read! My daughter had so much fun getting to see the interactions between Snappsy and Bert. She also had a lot to say about how those characters reminded her of Spongebob and Squidward, adding to her love for the book. It did have a little bit of that quality, but with more to it as Bert didn’t have a Patrick to keep him from constantly being at Snappsy’s side lol.

I haven’t read the first book with Snappsy, but after this one I’ll definitely be getting it for my daughter as
storymamas
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Snappsy & His Best Friend Forever, Probably is another humorous book with our beloved characters. It takes place a few weeks after the party and the narrator has not left yet. He’s hung around Snappsy and calls him his BFF. Snappsy wants to be left alone and tells his friend to leave. Will that be the end of their friendship? You’ll need to pick up this hilarious book to find out!
I think this book would allow for great conversations. I know that the whole breaking down the 4th wall concept wa
Lara
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, 2017
A story on friendship, with a very silly twist. The sense of humor is right up the alley of preschoolers and kindergarteners. Pizza hats, anyone? It's all about appreciating others and their differences, always a good message, but the reason I didn't give it another star was because I think it'd be nice if Bert wasn't quite so overbearing. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert, after all. Snappsy compromises with Bert and his wishes, but there wasn't as big a point made about Bert compro ...more
Stefanie Burns
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Snappsy and Bert are best friends. I think. Bert has all these grandiose ideas which Snappsy turns down. Bert wants to have a sleepover with pizza hats and karaoke. Bert follows Snappsy all over town until Snappsy finally puts his foot down: No Sleepover. Well, then he feels bad. He writes a card to Bert to invite him for a sleepover. As he leaves to mail the letter he runs into Bert...in his frontyard....in a bathtub. Well, Bert comes in and they have such a great time. They (maybe they??) deci ...more
Diane
"I invited you to one party and you never left. All the other guests went home WEEKS AGO. And you're still here."

Snappsy likes his quiet time, but Bert, who is given to exaggeration in his narration, wants life to be a Best Friends Disco Bonanza all the time. Snappsy can't even run errands without Bert trying to insert himself into the situation. And he keeps insisting that they should have a sleepover. Finally, Snappsy snaps and Bert finally gets the message that Snappsy would prefer to be alon
Jillian
I've never been a fan of the "obnoxious squatter who can't take a hint but life is miserable without them" plot. It always rubs me the wrong way - aren't people allowed to be introverts? Aren't people entitled to their personal space without being the bad guy? Why is true friendship portrayed as always doing what one person wants to be doing?

That said, the book was cute. I really like Snappsy, and the ending of this one mollified my discontent somewhat - mostly because Bert showed up with stuff
Steven
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book. Moral of the story is maybe that if you really like someone, but they don't like you back than you should invade their private space, force yourself and your demands onto them against their will, and lurk outside their homes staring into their windows all creepy-like until they finally break down and love you back? That's weird. That's weird for a children's book. But it's a cute book. Cute and funny. Maybe kids won't pick up any bad ideas about how humans should interact with each ot ...more
Becky B
Bert, the unreliable narrator from Snappsy's first book, is still at Snappsy's house. He's decided he and Snappsy are best friends and shares all his BFF activity ideas. But Snappsy seems to have other ideas.

Bert was the prototypical limited narrator in book one. In this one, he's the prototypical unreliable narrator. Snappsy is surprisingly patient with this uninvited house guest who has decided he's now Snappsy's BFF. And of course, things end well for everyone...well, mostly. A good pick for
Amy Layton
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
In the vein of Willems’ Elephant and Piggy series, Snappsy the Alligator takes a similar stance, integrating comic-like motifs alongside a narrative. Here we have an alligator and a chicken who are more different than they are alike–though perhaps that’s what makes them great friends. This book is great for teaching children not only about learning how to read dialogue and inferring meaning from text size and font, but also great for teaching kids to create dialogue about boundaries and compromi ...more
Ozma Bryant
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was the delight of a lifetime to see the magic of this SNAPPSY sequel. The ongoing saga of Snappsy and the Narrator is such sheer fun and out loud laughs that I will continue reading it long after my child is gone- and it will be added to the books I often take to read at elementary schools. Do not miss out on this one- and get ready to buy several copies as birthday books for kids who will fall in love with this one as much- if not more- than the first!
Bethany
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Snappsy acquired a friend in his first book. Snappsy reluctantly acquired a friend. He is still reluctant. The tag-along chicken, however (named Bert, by the way), is enthusiastic about all of it and is very much ready for a best-friends sleepover complete with food and dancing and pizzas to wear on their heads.

Just when Snappsy is quite sure he knows exactly what he wants, he discovers that friendship has some bonuses.

Be prepared with good, distinct voices for each character.
Tara McKenzie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was super cute. it would be a great book for any age level. The book does a great job at teaching children to love people for who they are and that someone will always be there for you.

This book is about Snappsy the Alligator and this "annoying" little chicken who thinks he's Snappssy's best friend. He wants to do everything with Snappsy, sleepovers, matching bracelets. However Snappsy isn't the biggest fan of this little chicken.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Just Because
  • The Silence of Our Friends
  • Santa Bruce
  • The Rabbit Listened
Julie Falatko is a modern day gadabout with the ability to have deep and meaningful conversations with kitchen appliances, who can parallel park with an 87% success rate, and who writes stories about misunderstood animals trying to find their place in the world. Please hold your applause until the end.

Julie grew up in New Jersey, an only child surrounded by books. She decided at age 8 that she wan

Snappsy the Alligator (2 books)
  • Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book)