Jump to ratings and reviews

I Miss You All Day All Week

Abigail is a little girl who is worried about missing her father while he works. They spend time together to think about the adventures to be had when the weekend comes. "I Miss You All Day All Week" is a story that combines the difficult emotions of separation anxiety with a child's whimsical imagination to create a fun way to cope with her fears of saying goodbye. This book shows the special bond between a father and daughter, at the same time showing a child a way of managing their emotions and discovering a way to have fun despite life’s disruptions.

30 pages, Paperback

First published May 25, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Konnilaree Sanders

10 books3 followers
Konnilaree Sanders is a mother of three daughters from Mesa, AZ. She previously worked in the field of accounting until she traded her calculator for a keyboard and art set. Konnilaree was inspired by and a bit mystified by her children's imagination, feelings, and reactions to the world around them. Her stories combine her real life experiences and artistic imagination to create a world that both kids and adults can relate to. Please visit her website www.storiesbymom.com for more information, activities, and other books. She also does artwork under In the Line Design Art and Illustration.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (66%)
4 stars
3 stars
1 (33%)
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews
Profile Image for Hagit Oron.
Author 6 books13 followers
October 6, 2016
Little Abigail can't sleep so she goes over her nightly list trying
to spot what she missed. Then she realizes what she's been
missing is her Dad. She is missing him all day long when he
is at work. This is so adorable. What a fantastic insight!
Abigail's Dad comforts her. Soon it will be the weekend, he says,
and we can play together. They count all their favorite activities
and plan their perfect weekend.
The wait is hard for little Abigail, but soon the weekend comes
and she and her Dad can play and have fun all day long.
The artwork is very sweet and it matches perfectly to the tone of the story.
This book is a delight. It has an important message about patience and about how to deal with separation. I'm sure many kids will identify with Abigail.
Profile Image for Marie.
66 reviews6 followers
December 13, 2016
Story:

A cute story, but I think rhyming actually compromised quality. A lot of the rhymes were forced, and the rhythm was off, so it made the book a lot harder to read. If you’ve followed my reviews for very long, you know this is very nearly a dealbreaker for me.

Nonetheless, it was a sweet concept and I did enjoy it. I just think it could have done with a bit more editing.

Illustrations:

Cute and fun. Obviously, a lot of care went into creating the artwork in this book. The author really captured the lovely relationship between her husband and daughter, resulting in some very charming illustrations.

Cover:

A good start, but a professional touch is lacking. My main complaint is that it’s just very bland for a children’s book. There’s not much visual interest.
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.