Start by marking “Numbers (New Species Book 14)” as Want to Read:
Numbers (New Species Book 14)

Numbers

(New Species #14)

*** THIS IS A RERELEASE OF A PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED BOOK ***

Dana is visiting Homeland when she meets a New Species who tugs at her heartstrings. As a widow, she knows firsthand the pain he’s suffering after losing his mate.
Mourn isn’t so certain that talking to a human female will help him heal but he desires her. It’s possible she could become his new reason for
Published September 18th 2016 by Laurann Dohner (first published September 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Numbers, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Deborah Dodge
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aure7ia I was going to ask the same question. Couldn't find anything on her blog or homepage. I don't like the VGL series and am so waiting for a new New…moreI was going to ask the same question. Couldn't find anything on her blog or homepage. I don't like the VGL series and am so waiting for a new New Species title!(less)

Start your review of Numbers (New Species Book 14)
Sammy Loves Books
Hell Yeah Baby!! Bring It On!!

d

And can we say Covergasm?!!?
Aisling Zena
4 stars

I absolutely adored these two stories, 927 more than 140. Though 140 does fulfill the cover and rips off his hoodie.
description

Both stories were a bit short. A little longer than a novella about 150 pages each,they did feel a tiny bit rushed at points. Maybe it was just me but both guys did a some quick turnabouts in certain matters. Then again New Species don't take anything slow once they make up their minds.

If you've randomly stumbled upon this modest review I urge you to go read the first book.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Numbers, the latest addition to Laurann Dohner’s New Species Series contains 2 novellas in the book, hence it being listed as #14-15 in the series.

Book 1: New Species feline previously known as #140, introduced in Wrath #6 in the series, is now known as Mourn. Having lost his mate from all the tests carried out by Mercile, he’s now determined to ending his life. He has no purpose to continue living and does everything possible to be taken down by his Species brothers.

Dana is visiting her brother
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Book Basics

Genre : - Paranormal. Romance
Series : - 14th/15th in the series. Recommended to have read the rest of the series first
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 3 stars

Review

All in, I will give this 3 stars.

While I enjoyed it, I
CC
I can see why some of my friends had to take some time to review after reading. I never do that, but for this book I did need to sleep on it. I really wish I could score these novellas separately but since I cannot the overall rating reflects both stories. My shelves are also confusing because some apply to only one story. I think it will be clear in my review.

First, I am a big fan of the series and am thrilled to see the author back! Even though I am a big fan, I have not liked all of the
Delayne Richter
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! No surprise, I fell in love with Numbers, and me waiting almost a year to have it was worth it. Mrs. Dohner did a great job making the book from two small stories from previous characters in Wrath and Valiant.

The first mini book was 140 (from Wrath) story; you probably remember that he had a mate in that book, but she was very sick. She didn't make it and 140 (Mourn) is having a hard time with the loss, but Dana (who is Paul's sister) knows what he is going threw (beacause she lost her
Sophia Triad
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MOURN (140) & DANA

One of the most heartbreaking stories. Dana has lost her husband and Mourn has lost his mate. The two of them will find mutual understanding and they will fall in love.
I loved Darkness' help bringing them together. I loved the new incident with the flags from Shadow's book.
But mostly I loved the confrontation with Dana's mother and Mourn. This is demostrated on the book's cover by the way...

HERO (927) & CANDI

Another hearbreaking story.
Canti was a human child who grew
Penny
I can't wait any more, I can't!

I am so addicted to this series is not funny.

Come to me!!

description
Kate
This is gonna be tough. Time to think and time to ponder. After sleeping on this Review for about a week, I have made my mind up. Overall the book as an entity deserves 4 Stars.

Book 1

photo Mourn_zpsd1claphi.jpg

Mourn is suicidal and has on numerous accounts tried to pick a fight with Darkness who is one BAMF.

Dana, Paul's sister who works for NS in the Hospital is visiting after her mother constantly tries to set her up with OB/GYN. I mean really?

Paul is showing Dana around the clinic until Mourn is brought in.
Brendy
I’m a huge and faithful fan of NSO, seriously if they were real I would totally doing everything in my power to get a job in Homeland, I’ll be happy just with be their friends =D
Now this is a 2 stories in one single book, but those stories are no shorties at all , in case u were wondering, both stories have complex and developed characters and a plot that would melt your heart.

And as always the sexy scenes…yummy yummy!!! And of course getting to see a lil flash of how the previous NSO are doing
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Numbers By Laurann Dohner
New Species Series Reading Order

Omg I couldn't believe that this book was finally be released of these 2 Characters (140 & 929) & to make even better it release was on my birthday

1-Fury
11-True:
12-Darkness
13-Smiley
14&15-Numbers -Sept 8

We can always count on Laurann Dohner to deliver a captivating story. This time we get two for the price of one. I really enjoy the second
AvidReader
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost wish these were two individual books so I could relish giving Hero’s book zero star and Mourn’s book full star.
Dear god Hero was disgustingly awful...Enough said!

And on other hand I adored Mourn and his story.
Recommended.
Kate
Rating and shelving just for Number 14. Im not planning to read the second one because of safety.
Maayan
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Mourn!! He was an AMAZING hero <3
 B.E.Love
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**re-read** and I think I liked these books more the second time around, did I still have issues sure, but surprisingly I really liked Hero more. Did I get really mad at him, yes and I didn't like the situation with him and Kit but I liked these both more the second time around.

As a whole I would rate this one a 4 but I want to review these two novellas separately.

In book one 140, we meet Morn and Dana. We first saw Mourn or 140 a few books back when he was held prisoner and did all his captives
Hilda
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it

“You were my one weakness,” he admitted. “I never meant to be. You were always my greatest strength.”

I loved both stories. Mourn and Dana were super cute together. I loved how Darkness helped him out. I really, really, enjoyed Hero and Candi. I loved when she called him her pup. It was both sweet and sad and so full of love.

My only complain, and now I’m scared for the next book, is that they needed their own
Victoria
4.0 RATING- The last several Species books have just been okay for me. I wasn't sure what to expect from this latest book but was happy with both novellas. While short on action both stories were big on heart and have me excited again about this series. I don't read a ton of paranormal but I can't seem to get enough of these New Species. I just want to cuddle them all, they are so sweet. Ive been inspired to do a reread of the series and am looking forward to future books.

On a side note, I'm
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Numbers contains books fourteen and fifteen in the New Species series by Laurann Dohner, that's right ladies, get your fans and an icy cold drink ready, we have a double helping of sexy, yet adorable New Species males! The stories are a little shorter, but Numbers contains two good length novella's so you definitely haven't been short changed.

Book #14 - Mourn formally 140

You may remember Mourn from Wrath's book (I think it's Wrath and Lauran's book, I could be wrong!) at that point, he was known
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Numbers is actually a collection of two New Species story. I was actually thinking it would be a name, silly. But hell, all the titles were. What did you expect? Anyway, I’ve read 927 first and after finishing it, I did went back to 140. I wasn’t expecting much, or maybe I was. Hell, I hope there would be for the females. Anyway, here it is.

~~140

140 is the New Species who were rescued when Tammy was kidnapped, whose mate was overly sick because of the drugs that has been continuously pumped
Pam Nelson
5+ Numbers Stars

I don’t recall ever wanting to give more than 5 stars but this book I do. First I am a little sad that there are not any more books!
But it helped that this book was really 2 books in 1.

The first half is about Dana and Mourn both still pretty deep in their grief. Both lost their ‘mates’ and are having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

This broke my heart over and over again. But Laurann Dohner has a way of getting us to root for these 2 injured souls.

Dana has
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Book #14.. 140's story=4 Stars

I really loved this one from beginning to end. It definitely took me back to my New Species happy place I loved the MC's, their plight, how it all ended. Everything.

Book #15.. 927's story=3.75 Stars

I struggled a bit here with this one. It was good. I just couldn't fully connect with the MC's or their plight. Though heartbreaking, it was just missing something for me. Things improved alot during the middle & towards the end though. So overall it was a decent
Q.
OH. MY GOOODNESSSSSSSS!
Don't know who's Numbers, but Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Freakin Frakin Finally!
Malinda
This book had 2 distinct stories in it, both of which I liked.

Story #1: Mourn and Dana

3.5-4 stars
Audio time: 0-5:29

This was a pretty good story. Dana is the sister of one of the doctors that works at Homeland (Paul) and is visiting him when the story begins. Mourn (previously # 140) is a NS male that lost his mate soon after the NS people were released from the labs.

Mourn has been really sad since he lost his mate and has been trying to pick fights with other NS males hoping to get himself
 Rosebud
This was a twofer book. Two independent stories in the series for fans to enjoy.

New Species #14: While visiting her brother Paul at Homeland, Dana is accidently drawn into a medical emergency when a New Species feline male is brought into the clinic with severe injuries sustained in a fight. Finding out that Mourn is a kindred spirit, Dana reaches out to the suffering male only to find out that in trying to heal Mourn, Mourn is about to heal her.

But not all are happy with the situation as
Linda
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dana is visiting her brother at Homeland Medical when a New Species in need catches her attention. As theyre both suffering the same tragic loss, she feels the need to be there for him, even if hes deemed dangerous.
Mourn is still grieving his loss when Dana comes along as a ligth in all the darkness. Can he persuade her to take a chance on him, and them?

Candi bonded with 927 when they both were young, but Mercile and her cruel father made it so that when New Species was released to safety, she
Chappy
Do you see me doing a happy dance? Finally got me a fix of Laurann Dohner...I've been jonesing for a while.

These 2 short stories were amazing. First we get to see how Mourn a.k.a 140 is handling the death of his mate. Not very well it seems, he keeps picking fights with other males and hopes they will eventually kill him. Thankfully, Dana finds him to be a kindred spirit of sorts and tries to help him. Really sweet.

We all loved the book Valiant right; and in the second short story we get to
Lady B
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, batina
Dana is visiting her brother in homeland, when she meets Breed male Mourn. I don't remember reading about 138/Mourn in the previous books, and was instantly saddened when the blub states he loses his mate.
Dana lost her husband after a long struggle with cancer and connects with Mourn through grief and loss.

I've been waiting for this story since Valiant. Hero and Candi met as children locked up in Mercile. They fell in love, however due to the cruel circumstances were parted until 23
Jacqueline J
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book these short books were enjoyable. There was quite a bit of insta love in the first one but it was acceptable considering the lengthy of the story. I really enjoyed the second one best. It was fairly angsty and I liked seeing another type of Mercile evilness. LD continues to come up with new twists on her theme. I would have liked both stories to be longer. Waiting for the next one one...
Cat
4.5 Stars

So good! Love 927; glad he finally got his story!
Julia's Book Haven
Enjoyed this, loved that we got 2 stories at once. Looking forward to the next book in the series.

• Alien (Zorn Warriors, #5; Warriors Of Phaeton, #2; Trek Mi Q'an, #8)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Mercury's War (Breeds, #12; Feline Breeds, #10)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Grim (Tornians, #1)
  • Barbarian's Touch (Ice Planet Barbarians, #7)
  • Enslaved by the Alpha Warlord (Zunatorian Warriors #2)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes, Volume 2
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • The Alien's Dream (Warriors of Luxiria, #5)
  • The Monarch's Mate (House Of Kaimar, #2)
  • Magick and Mischief (Warlocks MacGregor Book 7)
  • Vampire Seduction (Real Men of Othercross #1)
  • Beauty and the Bear (Denali Den #1)
I had a rather short area here telling a little about me but then I had more than a few people ask me to expand it so... here goes. LOL. I'm a full time home 'supervisor' which is a nice word for saying I'm a housewife. I'm married happily, I met my dream guy 20 years ago, and we have 4 children. I live in Southern California and I can't function without iced coffee. I believe in romance, I've ...more

New Species (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Fury (New Species, #1)
  • Slade (New Species, #2)
  • Valiant (New Species, #3)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Brawn (New Species, #5)
  • Wrath (New Species, #6)
  • Tiger (New Species, #7)
  • Obsidian (New Species, #8)
  • Shadow (New Species, #9)
  • Moon (New Species, #10)
“You said I should change my life and find a reason to want to live. I chose you.” 5 likes
“I do. I was afraid at the time. I mistook how I felt about you as weakness. You mean everything to me and I only existed after I lost you, but I wasn’t really alive until you found me again. Thank you.” 3 likes