Start by marking “White Lies (A Twisted Fate Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
White Lies (A Twisted Fate Series, #1)

White Lies

(A Twisted Fate Series #1)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  280 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Nothing is as it seems. Our love. Our life. Our future.

Were the lies to protect me? Or was it something else?

There has to be a reason behind all of this. Finding out he doesn't love me would devastate me beyond belief.

They say white lies are harmless, but I don’t believe it. There has to be more to our story.

***Black Truth, the last book in the series, will be released
Published September 19th 2016 by K. Mayer Enterprises, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about White Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Lies

Beth
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stroke of Fate Stars

Devoured. I devoured this book. Like banana pudding. Just could not get it fast enough.

Willow comes from privilege. Her parents are gone and have left her with a large inheritance and a sweet grandfather. One who loves her and wants what is best. He takes care of her money until she is ready for it. And she is fine with that.

But her "fine" ends there. Willow has recently lost her husband. He was murdered. But that's not the whole story. Just know she isn't safe yet. And
Kathy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
GAH!!!!!!! The literary feels are strong with this book!!!! There is something about a who's who, who done it and what the what read that leaves you sleepless and this was one of those special reads. When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure where it was going to go, chapter by chapter and then paragraph by paragraph and word by word I was hanging on right until the end. And yes, I am on literary life support at the bottom of a cliff but am thankful book 2 will be releasing in a few w ...more
Brandy Rivers
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well written mystery. Lots of twists and turns.
Leaves you wanting more. Good thing the second is coming soon.
Colleen Mc (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
Intriguing, mysterious and edge-of-you-seat suspense- White Lies gripped me from the first page to the heart-stopping last. I loved the first half of this duet and I’m marking it a MUST READ for anyone who loves romantic-suspense!

Things with Willow and her husband, Alex, had changed over the past six months, but they were going to have a second chance, they were going to try to salvage their marriage. After their night of passion, Willow’s world comes crumbling down when she is de
Sara Baker
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so hard for me to get into because I am very impatient and this book goes hard right from the start! At 9% in I was like, oh man where is this going, I still have almost the whole book left. I was skeptical to say the least, it did take me longer to get into but by 30% I was hooked! I wanted to know who Tack was, why Alex was such a terrible person, How Willow still managed to see the light in her darkening world. I fell in love with the relationship she had with Carson and all and ...more
Erin
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so well written it was like watching a murder mystery. The twists and turns were well written and developed. The novel starts out with heartbreak that quickly into something else entirely.

Willow and Alex seem to have the perfect marriage and life until the unexpected happens. As Willow struggles to process and cope things seem to evolve and change and morph into a much more complex situation.

The amount of information coming at you can be a bit to take at times, but Kristin does a
Denise Anderson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I usually love Kristin's books, but this one was just ok. I couldn't get that Willow did the different things right after losing her husband. I don't care if they were fighting or not, which she thought they were working on their relationship. Then she was all thinking about a guy named Tack that started calling, leaving notes, flowers, showing up (past security?) The one thing I did like was the ending where I was like WHAT!! then left with a cliffhanger.... but I don't know if I will read the ...more
Kathy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just wow. I could not put this book down and told everyone I could that this is a must read for them. Kristin has written a story that catches your interest from page one through the end. It has a little of everything from mystery to romance and she makes you fall in love with the major cast of characters and hate the bad guys. But is all that seems to be really what it is? Twists abound everywhere and surprises are revealed to the very end of the first book. No doubt book two, Black Truths ...more
Gretchen Chasse
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow, this story is so full of twists and turns. Willow is married to her soul mate, even though they experiencing a rough patch, Alex being moody and troubled she still firmly believes they can make it work. But then the unexpected Alex is killed. As Willow struggles to heal, new revelations are exposed about Alex. The plot line seems simple enough but just when you think it can't get more complex Ms. Mayer throws you a surprise curve ball. I couldn't finish this book fast enough. I can't w ...more
Mary Fazzi
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Omg!!! I need more. This book kept me on my toes. Willow has had many losses in her life. Her mom and dad and trying to live to make them proud. She is going threw some unbelievable mystery that you aren’t sure who to believe and trust. Her best friend is the main person she can count on. Someone she cares about is murdered and now trying to get to her. She has a fully security team around her and things are still trying to get to her, but without knowledge or help every turn is more questions t ...more
Nicole Studioso
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This is a very hard story to get into and through. Kristin throws you right into the drama on the first page and she just builds the tension and emotional angst as the story continues. There is no relief for poor Willow, as she is faced with betrayal, death, attempts on her life, and one heart-wrenching twist at the end of this book! The supporting characters are excellent, but there is just so much going on that it can be overwhelming at times.
robin Ann thistlewood
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a little bit confusing. But once you get into its great. Alex and Willow make a mess. You just don't know from one chapter to another if you hate him or love him. I will definitely be reading the next book, blacktruth.
I received this book as an arc. In exchange for an honest review.
Kerry
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. If you're going to have one, it needs to be gooooooooooood. I mean the "OH MY GOD I need to find out what happens NOW!" kind of good. This book definitely left me with that feeling. The plot was really interesting and engaging. I can't wait to see what happens!
Diane Holtry
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So many twists and turns .. that ending though .. are you kidding me?! Mystery, intrigue, and oh so much more action packed drama. I could not put this book down. I'm not sure which way is up but I'm liking the ride just the same.
I can't wait to read Black Truths and find out what Kristin Mayer has in store for me!
Tammy Deighan
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this was great. I loved how the story starts with Holly and Alex and then the twists and turns that it makes keeps you wanting to keep reading. The best friend Carson and the mystery man named Tack really adds alot to the story. I love how the author got our attention and kept it. I cant wait to see how the next book goes... I need to find out how this all falls together...
Lizzi
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holly Molly. I read this book in one sitting as I could not put it down. Then it ended and I was ...Nooooo!!!. I immediately had to buy part 2 and started to read it!!. I love the characters, the twists the suspense and the romance of the book. Kristin has written a great suspenseful book. I can't wait to finish part 2 and read more from this author.
Cassie
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Suspenseful Stars!

I had a hard time putting this one down, Kristin wrote a story that kept you guessing. The characters and the story line were well developed. There is so much I want to say, but I don't want to give anything away and I need to pick up the 2nd book NOW.

This is my kind of book!!!
Christina
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. White Lies is full of emotion, suspense, and an unknown factor that will leave you on the edge of your seat while you read it. Without saying anything to spoil it, be sure to have the next book, Black Truth, ready to continue reading this crazy, twisted and suspenseful ride with Willow.
Stacy
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this story! So much suspense and intrigue. It's amazing what little white lies we are willing to tell to protect the ones we love. With each twist and turn you get a new piece of the puzzle. I cant wait to read the next part.....
ToniAnn Papa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an amazing first book. Not a stand alone and definitely is a cliff hanger. The suspense in this book is unbelievable. The emotions are up and down. But, now I need answers! Can't wait to read book 2.
Tricia Mccoy
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of Suspense

Wow, this story is Amazing! It is full of drama and suspense. I couldn't put it down. It's definitely a must read. It will have you on the edge of your seat, wondering what will come next!!
Denise
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Must read!!

Oh my gosh!!! If you like suspense, you HAVE to read this one!! Kristin weaves an intricate tale, and the cliffhanger ending almost gutted me! Can't wait to dive in to the conclusion!
Nora Noll
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
You had me there until you didn't. I don't like "coincidences" in books and the big surprise was one that I would associate with a soap opera. Didn't hate the book but I kind of figured it out by the middle.
Michele Del Rey
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like this author but, after I was done with this book I love her. This book was awesome. I was up till three am because I would not put it down. There were so many times I cried, wanted to throw my kindle. Such an awesome book.
Kimberly
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
I really enjoyed this book as it was a roller coaster. It had romance and suspense that kept the plot interesting. There were times when I was questioning the actions of some of the characters, however, that just added to the plot. Looking forward to the next one.
Loralie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Willow & Carson's brother/sister-like friendship. Love the Italian aspect. So intrigued about how Alex's story started and how it will end up. I need to know how this ends!
Deborah Lane
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twisty, roller coaster of a book. Loved this mysterious read, suspense all the feels! First time reader, read and want more! Well crafted, literate read. Recomended.
Lylian Aguiar
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So many twists I still can't catch my breath after finishing it. Fast paced and I Loved it!!!!
Linda Cooper
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a hard book to read. I could not feel anything for the characters. Willow was whiny and self involved I will not buy next book. I HATE CLIFF HANGERS.
Jamie Crossley
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great suspenseful read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

A Twisted Fate Series (3 books)
  • Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series, #2)
  • Twisted Fate Series Box Set: Complete Set (White Lies & Black Truth)