Start by marking “Taken In (Alex & CJ, #4)” as Want to Read:
Taken In (Alex & CJ, #4)

Taken In

(Alex & CJ #4)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
CJ St. Clair left Savannah for Colorado years ago and never looked back. But a summons from a most unexpected source compels her to return to Georgia in the midst of a crisis. A murder accusation threatens to tear her family apart—unless CJ can unravel a case the police believe has already been solved.
Her partner Alex has a struggle of her own, dealing with a tragedy from
Published June 20th 2017 by Bella Books

To ask other readers questions about Taken In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken In

Lex Kent
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 4, in the Alex and CJ series. While I recently read and liked book 3, it did not have the same feeling for me as the first books. The characters were acting a bit unlike themselves. I happy to say that was resolved in this book. This is back to the CJ and Alex that I love. I have mentioned before, CJ would make my top 10 list of favorite lesfic characters ever.

This book is about CJ and Alex getting an unexpected visit from CJ's mother. Anyone who has read this series, knows CJ's par
Pin
Taken In is the fourth book in the Alex & CJ series. Our beloved leading ladies are together and doing great. But both of them have to face some people from their past, as well as solve some mysteries, to be able to continue living their lives with no regrets and guilt. In this installment the main focus is on CJ and her estranged family in Savannah, Georgia, where she is all of a sudden summoned to help in a very serious family crisis. Alex is staying home having to deal with some stuff of ...more
Lexxi Kitty
On one level I don't really understand CJ. She's a strong woman . . . and yet she 1) in a prior book went off and hid for six months instead of confronting problems and/or telling her partner Alex . . . anything (but hey, okay, whatever, we all have issues and stuff); 2) curls into a ball and whimpers whenever the idea of her mother appears into her head (or, you know, into her apartment).

These thoughts, and more, are what filled my head when this book opens. CJ's mom suddenly appears after, wha
Sandra
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, series, various
#4 in this series is more about CJ. She went back home to Savannah, Georgia; to help her brother who’s accused of murder. Despite that her mother had kicked her out of the house after her coming out, and her brother was on mothers side, she feels that she had to go back to find out if her brother is guilty or not. She just had to try to find out.

We learn a lot about CJ’s upbringing and her family, which was very interesting and also disgusting how her mother was still reacting. And there was a l
Alealea
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saved !! I was afraid after the previous book, but this is back on track.
The characters are in sync again and I just love that southern gal !

Edited 30/07/18
Added one star ;).

It feels a bit like a soap opera story, with the awful mother (over the top), the unfaithful brother, the rebellious teenager, and CJ as a sappy private detective.
Loved the way she solved the mystery ^^.

Meanwhile, Alex is back at home and face a complicated and personal situation and deal with it with... grace... and str
Margaret L. Hedman
I loved this book.

I loved Taken In. It was great to catch up with CJ and Alex. The mystery really moves right along and keeps you guessing. Great story line with great characters.
Susan Tee
Leela20
Dec 31, 2017
Beth
Feb 26, 2018
Erica Abbott has been an attorney for nearly thirty years, many spent working with law enforcement and local government as a prosecutor. She has also taught legal courses, studied bridge and golf—mastering neither—and has appeared as a performer and singer in numerous local community theater productions in her beloved Denver, Colorado. She currently lives in Denver with her life partner.
Erica Abbo

Alex & CJ (4 books)
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • Certain Dark Things (Alex & CJ, #2)
  • Acquainted with the Night (Alex & CJ, #3)