Start by marking “Behind My Charade (Legacy Falls)” as Want to Read:
Behind My Charade (Legacy Falls)

Behind My Charade

(Legacy Falls)

Army Staff Sergeant Bethanie Reynolds comes home to Legacy Falls a broken woman. As the only survivor from an attack on her squad, she wants nothing more than to hide away in her grandmother’s tiny house and attempt to find a hint of normalcy.
Remy LeSalle owns the sprawling farm next door to Bethanie. For six years, he’s tried to forget the woman who stole his heart as a
Published October 5th 2016 by Skye Turner Books (first published August 25th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Behind My Charade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind My Charade

Hooked On Books
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

5 out of 5 stars

Survivor’s Guilt and PTSD is something many men and women suffer with on a daily basis. Most of these courageous people have served in the military.

Skye Turner has penned a wonderful novel that lets her readers experience both sides of these debilitating mental health issues. The characters are very realistic and I loved reading their story.

Army Staff Sergeant Bethanie Reynold’s dream was to serve in the military. She even gave up the man she loved to go and serve.

Remy LeSalle h

5 out of 5 stars

Army Staff Sergeant Bethanie Reynold’s drea
Cheri
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Survivor guilt and PTSD are not easy to manage and some never overcome them. Can the love of her life help her deal and have a life after war? The characters are compelling, the conflict real, the heat and chemistry steamy, what more can you want? While reading about Bethanie's battle was not easy, it was a powerful love story with a rewarding ending. This is one of those love stories where the reader has to remind themselves that in a romance there has to be a HEA.

Don't miss this one, I strong
Jamie Rhodes
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book for an afternoon read. Brings home some issues of survivor's guilt and how our service men and women feel. Dual point of view. No cliffhanger.
Elizabeth Neal
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Disclaimer: This is a series with contributions from various authors. I believe Platform Four by Eden Butler is the first story and it's novella size.**

Remy has been in love with Bethanie, his best friend, since they were young and though he knows she feels it too, she has dreams she's determined to accomplish and to do that he had to let her go, resigning himself to never having the girl, the woman he knew she'd become.

Bethanie has grown up hearing the stories of her Dad's time in the militar
Sassy Southern
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

Bethanie has grown up hearing the stories of her Dad's time in the military, and though she never got to meet him, those stories struck a chord deep within her. She yearns to experience the things he did, see the things he saw,
Erin Lewis
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Star Review of Behind My Charade (A Legacy Falls Romance) by Skye Turner
This was a fast read and I would say that the subject matter is in no way easy; the book is at times harrowing and heartbreaking. This is the story of Army Staff Sergeant Bethanie Reynolds who returns home after being medically discharged from the Army, the lone survivor of a horrific attack on her squad and the man who has loved her since they were children, Remy LeSalle who owns the farm next door to her in Legacy Falls
Erin Lewis
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Behind My Charade (A Legacy Falls Romance) by Skye Turner
Lisa Zeigler
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always get choked up and teary reading about anyone in the military or anything patriotic. I have family that are currently active and many who have retired. This story about Bethie and her military experience is heartbreaking and unusual in that it is the woman away at war.

Bethie and Remy were friends from a young age and Remy fell in love with her. Bethie refused to be anything other than friends because she had her mind set on leaving her home and serving in the military like her father. Af
Kathy Rouchelle
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a wonderful story. I absolutely loved this book. I loved the well developed characters, the storyline, the subject matter. How DO you help someone who suffers from PTSD-Survivor's Guilt? Remy and Bethanie's story is a lifelong love story. It's one that you know happens every now and then and wish for. Love that is strong enough to last through your growing years, into adulthood and eventually comes to the point that that love is tested in one of the most tragic ways. Can love be enough ...more
Trish Leger
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
War is not something that is usually told in the woman's perspective, but Skye Turner has allowed us to delve into that difference, and she's done it with grace, a bit of hard headedness and a resounding pace of love throughout.

Bethanie has always wanted to be in the military, and even though her best friend, Remy, has always wanted a little more, she's determined to make her dream come true.

Remy has gotten past Bethanie ever coming around and giving him a chance. Now, with her returning home fr
Jennifer Sons
I absolutely loved this book! Bethanie & Remy's story is like no other that I've read. The author takes us on an emotional rollercoaster as Bethanie leaves home to be in the military, comes back years later to deal with PTSD & survivor's guilt, and reconnects with her past. I love books that make me feel & this one is not short of the feels.

This story is refreshing as it's the lead female role in the military & not the lead male. I think Mrs. Turner did a great job touching on n
LLEP  Book Blog
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Behind My Charade by Skye Turner was a 5 star read for me. Having tons of family members in the military it brought the familiarity of what they go through once coming home after a tragic experience. Luckily for Bethanie she had someone who loved her enough to help pull her out of the dark and show her what she has known all along. Remy was such a swoon-worthy character. He knew he loved Bethanie even back in high school, but let her go off to serve her country while he stayed back and worked hi ...more
Lora
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 out of 5 stars

This is a quick read that will keep you reading just to see how Remy & Bethie can survive.

This book was emotional and dealt with a subject matter not easy to read or think about. I found myself heartbroken more than whole-hearted while reading about Remy and Bethanie. The story is more about Bethanie finding herself after being the only survivor of an attack during war. Remy has waited for her to come home for many years and still stands by the fact that he loves her, but
Melonie Merritt
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read where the female is the one that was in the military. Bethanie Reynolds came back broken and suffering from PTSD-survivor’s guilt . All she wants to do is hide away. Remy LeSalle has been trying to forget the one girl who stole his heart all those years ago, but now she is back. This is an emotional read with two amazing and strong characters that are well developed. From start to finish I found myself attached especially to Bethanie. My heart broke for he ...more
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
♡♡♡♡♡ 4.5 STAR REVIEW ♡♡♡♡♡

Bethanie Reynolds and Remy LaSalle have a long history together but after she enlisted in the Army and left right after hight school. Six years later and a wounded Veteran Bethanie will come home and Remy will be there for the first person she sees.

As I was reading this story, I was surprised how strong Remy's feelings for Bethanie were after all those years being apart. With each page you read, you will be able see her demons and learn that not only is she fighting a
Wendy Fisher
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whew....grab the tissues and enjoy this emotional ride! Bethie has been discharged from the army after a traumatic war experience. Remy has loved her his entire life and can't wait for her to come home. He has vowed he'll never let her go again. But is Bethie the same woman as she was when she joined the army? Can she be what he needs? Can he convince her that she deserves him as much as he deserves her? Can he "fix" her? So well written. A tormented woman and a man who wants to just love her, a ...more
Samantha Roberts
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow firstly get tissues chocolate and whatever you need for a good cry. Survivors Guilt and PTSD is something that many suffer from on a daily basis. It's painful heartbreaking and Raw you seen them at there lowest and it's hard to see.

This book is so real heartache beautiful strong and everything you can this a book like this can be. The way this author has written this storyline is outstanding she makes you see it all.

Highly recommend author and book.

Review done for Hooked On Books CherryOB
Connie McElfresh
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-review
This book started great and kept my attention all the way through. Most times it is the male character that is coming home in a military romance book, this one is the female character. The way the author told the story is something that I found very believable and I could see happening. The way the PTSD is written about the author did it with grace. I received this ARC for a fair and honest review.
Dorothy Hardy
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful but emotional read! About Army Staff Sgt Bethanie who is wounded in body and soul arrives home, and reunited with first love Remy! Remy has never given up on their having their Happily Ever After! Now he just needs to convince Bethanie ! For a quick read this story covers a lot ! Reminds you that yes women soldiers are wounded and killed too while serving ! Very well told! Look forward to reading more of Skye Turner!
Rebecca Austin
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
I really enjoyed this book as it was "drama" free and just getting down to the basics of love. I loved that the book centered around Bethanie dealing with the guilt of surviving and how Remy had to show her that she was loved but not push too hard and lose her forever. It was evident how much he loved her and how he did what ever she needed to help her through it all.

This was the first time I have read this author and it certainly will not be my last.
United Indie Book Blog
Behind My Charade is a quick and powerful read. It is a novella so some details are given quick and skimmed over at times. It is a pretty fast paced story. Beathanie and Remy together is an emotional roller-coaster but watching them overcome obstacles is beautiful. The emotions are just pulled right out and you are left a mess. Sky Turner handles some pretty tough subjects with care and sensitivity. I always enjoy reading her novels.
review by Raychel
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it.

It made a nice change for the Army veteran to be female and Army Staff Sergeant Bethanie Reynolds is such a strong character in this book. Oh and lets not forget Remy, he can definitely melt your panties.

I think Skye has done a fantastic job covering this subject especially the attack and its after affects, a big **high five** from me.

Warning you may need some tissues.
Betty Blue Reads
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
So sweet story...

It's a little heartbreaking but very, very interesting. Easy to read and the plot is something different... new, refreshing.

Oh, and it's a second chance romance; my favorite genre.

I really loved it.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Marissa Michaelsen
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am moved by the relation and passion between Bethanie and Remy.
Skye sets you on a twisting, turning, down right gut pulling roller coaster of emotion.
A must read no matter if you are a first timer or a fan of Skye's work.
Lindsey Lawson
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another hard one to read. Anything to do with the military is for me. I love that Remy never gives up on Bethanie and makes her see that she is more than her military career. Everyone needs someone like that in their life.
Crystal
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Behind the Charade was a great military read. The story is fast paced and well developed, and it went into detail about some of the struggles that our military deal with when they get home. The characters were realistic and I loved how Remy supported Bethanie.

Lynette
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story loved it.
CHERRY0BLOSSOMS
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lindsey
As usual Skye Turner gives a great read . I enjoyed ever word from chapter one until the end . The writing was engaging , the plot was consistent ,and the characters were some of the more likable then I have read in a while . This book was a book about healing ,a second chance of love and the power of what it can do how it can heal ,Remy never forgot the woman he fell in love with so long ago and Bethanie no longer knows how to love , how to let go and just be . This story was so full of healing ...more
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Behind My Charade is a great but pretty emotional military romance and I loved every minute of it. Its a fast paced read that deals with survivors guilt, a form of PTSD.

Remy and Bethanie were the best of friends growing up maybe more than friends, but they lost contact when Bethanie joined the military. Now eleven years later Bethanie is back in her home town after being injured in the line of duty and this time around Remy is determined she will finally be his girl, but it won't be easy to bre
Skye Turner

Skye Turner is an avid reader and an editor turned International Bestselling Author of the Bayou Stix Series.

She attended Southeastern Louisiana University and Louisiana State University where she majored in Mass Communications, centering her studies in Journalism. Unfortunately life intervened and she made the choice to leave her studies.

She lives in small town Louisiana with her husb

Legacy Falls (8 books)
  • Platform Four
  • An Unexpected Hero (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Dear Dixie (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Her Southern Temptation (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Home (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Iron Heart (A Legacy Falls Romance)
  • Beyond The Ghosts (Legacy Falls Project)