Start by marking “More Than Friends” as Want to Read:
More Than Friends

More Than Friends (More Than Friends #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The heart wants what it can't have... or does it?

Ben’s always been in love with his best friend Nik but has been shagging Nik’s brother, Tarjei, in secret. Except everyone seems to know that secret but Nik, and it’s not something Ben is willing to tell him. He wants Nik—not Tarjei. So why can’t he stop ending up in Tarjei’s bed?

Tarjei’s tired of being his brother’s substi
Kindle Edition
Published September 23rd 2016 by Arctic Circle Press

To ask other readers questions about More Than Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Friends

Cee Brown
.•★*) .•*)
(.★*..•`★¤4.5 stars for a mentally draining but entertaining book.¤★*..*ˑ★

Loving the one that doesn't love you.

Tarjei has come to the horrifying conclusion that his lover would never love him. After all, Ben is only using him as a placeholder for the one he has been in love with forever, Tarjei's brother Nic. The heart wants what the heart wants and no matter how much he would like to move on, Ben is IT for him. "I loved him. Had for years. And everyone knew it-except for him."

Some o
Ruth Evans
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
More than friends is written with T. T. Kove's usual flair. Ben is a very troubled is a troubled man who can't see what's in front of him. He's stuck in feelings that he's had for so long. No matter what Ben does you can't help but looking like him and I found myself rooting for him. The story is told in such a way that you become engrossed in the characters. T T Jove writes every word with care allowing the reader to get a feel for the emotions of the characters. The end I wasn't expecting but ...more
Shannon
This book was depressing AF to me. It had a dark pall over it that never went away. I don't think Ben was conscientiously treating Tarjei like crap all those years, he didn't really think about it. He was so lost in his own head, fighting his own demons all. the. time. that I can see where he just didn't notice. His brain exhausted me and I felt so freaking sorry for him. I don't consider the ending a HEA so much as a HFN. I wish we got to see Ben finally get the help he needed so the book would ...more
Jenn C
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Not my favourite of the series. I just couldn't get over poor Tarjei. Hopefully Ben will get his act together and figure out life isn't always about him and what he wants/needs. He needs to learn to give a little. At least he is open to trying.
Lene
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
MM drama/romance.
Rachel
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book free for a honest review.

This book can be read as a standalone but I would highly recommend reading the other books so you can understand some of the secondary characters and the backstory of them all.
T.T.Kove has a real talent for writing about mental health issues. And boys who have these problems and need love and find love.
Tarjei and Ben have been having sex for a few years while Ben pines for Nic Tarjei's brother. Target has strong feelings even love for Ben though and
Barbara Ingram
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
****4 Emotional Stars****

How would you feel being a friend with benefits who you are secretly in love with, but it is not reciprocated? Your friend is in love with your brother! That is what Tarjei is experiencing from his friend and F buddy, Ben.

"I loved him. Had for years. And everyone knew it-except for him."

He has had enough and to Ben's surprise, turns him away. Not to rehash the story, but Ms. Kove handled this story with sensitivity while providing the reader an entertaining and deeply
Anne Marie Crookes
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Tarjei has been in love with Ben for four years, while Ben has been pining for Tarjei’s younger brother. That hasn’t stopped Tarjei and Ben from falling into bed regularly for the same amount of time.
Ben suffers from depression and drinks too much. It takes time and several unpleasant events for him to start realizing how he really feels about many things in his life. Tarjei has been patient, but he wants a relationship with Ben.
The story itself is interesting. The reason for the 3 stars is the
Heather Rawlins
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Ben and Tarjei are interesting characters, and the premise is quite different. I loved visiting Norway, even a little bit. The secondary characters were easy to keep track of and definitely added to this story. There was some angst and that nothing was guaranteed. The story was told by both Ben and Tarjei and it was great to see their perspectives. I would recommend this book, but it would probably be good to read the rest before this book, at least so you know the bac ...more
Mike Oaks
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emotionally packed story

We get the close up view of Ben and Tarjei. That not-so-secret "relationship" is about to go legit. Poor Ben is damn near rock bottom and he took me right along with him. I kept rooting for him. And poor Tarjei too. He loves Ben so much that he lets him walk all over him to a fault. The book is heavy with despair during most pages, but TT Kove promises us that it will be alright in the end.
Michael
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Crisp writing help make this a fine addition to the series. The characters each have their own unique voice. Their trials are relatable, but then throw in some health issues, and there's additional depth. The biggest issue I had was that, even though it can be read as a stand alone book, reading the previous books is helpful, as some those of those characters do pop in unexpectedly.
Sj Smithson
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fave New Author

I'm loving this series.
Can't wait to read the others.
Read about Ben and Tarjei in More Than Anything and they intrigued me then.
Watching Ben grow is especially fulfilling when you see just how dark his days can become.
Loved it
Allison
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Ben and Tarjei are great characters. I have honestly never read anything like this story before. I couldn't put it down. I would definitely recommend it. I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Mirotakis