Start by marking “Jonesy, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Jonesy, Vol. 2

Jonesy, Vol. 2 (Jonesy #5-8)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  253 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Jonesy has the power to make people fall in love! Anyone. With anything.There’s only one catch—it doesn’t work on herself!

She doesn’t sling arrows, only attitude! The adventures of Jonesy, the teenage cupid with a penchant for plaid, continue here. Stuff still rules, High School still sucks, and getting anyone to fall in love with her is still impossible! Written by Sam Hu
Published May 9th 2017 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Jonesy, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jonesy, Vol. 2

Steppenfreak
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-other, poc, ya, women
Really needed this comic recently. Incessantly positive, bright, happy, optimistic, vibrant, representative, and down to earth. I love Jonesy and her friends and their friendships AND ALL THE PASTEL ART. This book cheers me up, gives me hope, and I can't wait for more.
Lata
Fairly predictable story; I enjoyed the eye-popping colours and that this is a story of a girl and her mistakes and growth as she figures out friendship and family and responsibility.
Alexis Sergio
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
Jonesy is one of the best comics I ever read. It's so funny, fun and has so much heart. If your wanting a story about a Latinx lady it's hard to go wrong with Jonesy. The books lovely, queer, and fast paced.
Paige
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How do I put into words how much I enjoyed this?! I'm going to try my best. This one was even better than the first one, now that we have the premise established some really cool things happened in this second volume. Number one seeing what happened with Stuff was so enjoyable, and I especially enjoyed the bit about fan fiction coming true, and the pretend game board. Also the part with her choosing her friends and watching anime together filled my cold dead heart with joy. And then all the stuf ...more
Michelle
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is so adorable I can't even handle it. Like other BOOM! titles it features effortless diversity (our MC is latina, her best friend is POC, queer, and in an f/f relationship) and it has a vibrancy to it that's so refreshing.

The story follows the titular Jonesy, a young girl who has the power to make people fall in love (with other people, but also with ideas and inanimate objects) - the only catch is that she can't make anyone fall in love with HER. That doesn't stop her from making h
Lara
Okay, so I didn't love this volume quite like I did the first, but I still laughed out loud several times because FARID! He is my fave. Also that soup/stew anime he likes, ha! Somehow this volume just felt...more serious in a number of ways than the first one? And more continuous, plot-wise, instead of episodic. And Jonesy seemed...less vindictive, which was, weirdly, less fun! Still enjoyable; I may just need to adjust for volume 3 is all.
Elisabeth
There’s more depth and secondary character development in volume 2 and I really enjoyed it. The issue with the mom was amazing and pretty much perfect, as was the one featuring Susan. (And may I echo the mom in saying how sweet Susan and Nisha are? I just want to hug them.) I wasn’t nearly as crazy for the two Stuff-filled issues, but I loved abuelita and Susan in these.

Anyone else love Farid? 😍
Geppis Baltimore
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boom! Studios has been publishing a lot of really fun comics lately and Jonesy is no different! This is the story of a sarcastic teenage girl who frequently gets into trouble because of her cupid-like ability to make people fall in love. A lot happens in this installment, ranging from trying to make her idol fall in love with her (and realizing he's really not that cool) to her dealing with family issues. This comic has a lot of heart!
Alenka
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read vol 1, I either forgot how deep this comic can get or it just... got kinda deep?? Learning celebrities are people - and thus can be terrible, but also awesome - facing her feelings about her Mom, a lot of serious stuff happens in this book! Ultimately, Jonesy stays light hearted and fun. The stakes aren't too high, the colors are bright and love is always kinda in the air bc, y'know, Jonesy has secret love powers.
Stacey M
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This is a really cute series. It is colorful and fun. It has a diverse cast of characters which is nice to see. I liked the story lines in this volume. I can't wait to read more from this series. This has a very whimsical feel to it. Great for middle grades and teenagers.
Heather
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Diverse, feminist, LGBT 🏳🌈 celebrating and colored like a rainbow sno-cone, but I absolutely hate Jonesy’s character. She lives as a perpetual shrieking, angry “crush monster.” I def have little girl patrons who just love it tho, and I recommend the series quite a bit. Grades 5-8. ...more
Miss
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
still fun! still eye-popping! jonesy and susan have a really excellent grasp on the ingredients of adulthood! susan and nisha are hecka cute! farid is a cool chill guy! this comic is full of good vibes!

4 stars
Pinky
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-17
Learning so much about OTPs and "Ships" - the young lingo! This series knocks me out. Love the multi-generational relationships, multicultural society and message of love and acceptance. Also, the technicolor, power plaids and overall wackiness=perfection.
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
So much fun and very relatable! Boom! studios has been killing it lately!
Brittany
I mean they are ridiculous and fun.
Anna Chappell
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hub-challenge
Really enjoyed the relationships and how Jonesy’s encounter with Stuff went. Susan is still my favorite.
Emma (Miss Print)
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun installment. This was again bright and zany and exciting. Not sure I'm committed to the rest of the series but we'll see!
Jen
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everything about Jonesy is so fun -- the art, the colors, the friendships, the kooky powers -- seriously everything.
Vanessa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This one was better. It felt like there was real consequences for some of her actions, and there were some tough topics dealt with in a very good way.
Gretchen
#hubchallenge
Erin
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Has a super high energy feel to it. Very fun, very bright, very Cartoon Network-y.
Rebekah
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jonesy's second volume continues to provide silly and light-hearted entertainment. I definitely look forward to reading more about her.
Doaa
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-2017
seriously, this is too cute!
Danielle Booey
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Jonesy volume 2 is just as funny and ridiculous as the first volume. If you enjoyed the love gone wrong antics of the first volume then there is more here for you.
Nina
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh Farid. I loved the "I'm chill. I'm cool. I'm chill." I feel like that's what's in my head all day every day. And I liked that Susan basically got her own issue. Yay!
Lindsey
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked it better than the first one...
Kristy
Mar 29, 2017
Elizabeth Bernhardt
Jun 03, 2017
Doris
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Read for fun. Again, cute, but where is the Farid storyline going??

Jonesy (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Jonesy #2