Start by marking “Fortune in Blood” as Want to Read:
Fortune in Blood

Fortune in Blood

(Joey Peruggia Prequel novel)

Mystery, Thriller & Suspense.

A NOVEL OF MURDER, THEFT, BETRAYAL AND MONEY ...
LOTS OF IT ...

Joey used to be a carefree surfer kid on Venice Beach. But as the youngest son of a notorious gangster, it seems he can't escape the life. Soon he's forced to prove himself by leading a team in the heist of the century. Will he be able to pull it off?

Vince was always worried abou
Published September 15th 2016 by Phil Philips

To ask other readers questions about Fortune in Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune in Blood

Dee
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Dee by: Author
Fortune in Blood LA Crime Heist Thriller by Phil Philips Review
Action filled thriller Prequel to Amazon Best Seller Mona Lisa's Secret.

Joey used to be a carefree surfer kid on Venice Beach. But as the youngest son of a notorious gangster, it seems he can’t escape the life. Soon he’s forced to prove himself by leading a team in the heist of the century. Will he be able to pull it off? Vince was always worried about getting to lectures on time, and spending time with his hot girlfriend. But everyt
Maggies Daisy
The powerful Peruggia crime family of Los Angeles has bungled an enormous heist and lost the patriarchs eldest son in the ensuing gunfight at the bank. JoeyPeruggia, the carefree surfer son, is now expected to step into his brother's shoes and recover the millions of money sitting in police headquarters. FBI agent has been dating the eldest son and wants her share of the millions along with the corrupt cops who are in the Peruggia's pocket who will breeze the way for the heist. But things never ...more
Steve Weiner
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The summary on this book said that it was a prequel about Joey’s exploits before Mona Lisa’s Secret. It does take place before the storyline of that book, but Joey is just one of many characters, and certainly not the main one.

This is a story about a bank robbery orchestrated by Joey’s father and brother, and its aftermath. The first half of the book was a little slow in developing. The second half was riveting, and I couldn’t put it down. Be prepared for some twists and turns on the way to a su
Donna White
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I read this book after reading the other 2 books in the series, not knowing it existed. However it made no difference. If you read this before or after you will greatly enjoy the read. This is the team of Joeys' beginnings. His brutal father and how he escaped being a criminal. It's a tale of 2 young college age boys from 2 different backgrounds who become entwined I a thriller you don't want to miss.
Torrey Grennan
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway. I wavered between giving this a 2 star and a 3 star rating. Ultimately went with a three because it kept me wanting to read to the end. What can I say, I like a good heist and a long con. The main problem I had was that the author tended to over explain things, to state the obvious. It made the reading a bit thick at times.
Kathy Stibal
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read in a long time. Full of action and twists & turns that leave you wondering who are the bad guys or is everybody a bad guy? This book was well thought out especially with how it ended. I stayed up way too late reading because I couldn't put it down!
Rick Molitor
Crime thriller

I thought that the story was okay. There was nothing original or overly thrilling about it. The characters were what you would have expected. Not a bad read but not a great one.
Ashley
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I gave it 5 stars because it was amazing i didn think phil was alive but that was good lol and. Then her at the end.
I couldn put the book down
Dave Schumm
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really great thriller!

A great riveting novel that you hate to put down. Mr. Philips has a mastery of making the reader want more.
Mary
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A riveting and entertaining read.
Salmanghazi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Quite gripping. Good plit and very nicely handled. Good thing about his novels are no unnecessary discussions or charactor intro.
Dixie Petersen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very intensive read!

This book absolutely delivers -- suspense x 10! At first, I wondered if I would enjoy this book. As the intensity increased, I was glad I had continued! As a suspense/murder/intrigue reader, and I've read many, this story and it's characters and scenes were written quite well and believably carried out! I ran into so many twists and hairpin turns, it took a bit of thinking to keep the characters straight! Great read!
Jane Greene
Lana
Nov 06, 2018
Karen
Apr 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I cannot wait to read this, but my kindle is acting up. Soon I hope!
norman dore
May 03, 2018
M S Nair
Jun 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Exile (The Barren Plains #1)
  • Operation Second Starfish: A Tale of Submarine Rescue, Science, and Friendship
  • HeartStone (Dolvia Saga #2)
  • Bride Tree (Secrets of Versailles, #2)
  • Writer (Writer, Seeker, Killer, #1)
  • The Aurora War: A Record of the Catalian Conflict
  • The Culture Question: How to Create a Workplace Where People Like to Work
  • Stop Depriving the World of You: A Guide for Getting Unstuck
  • The Key of Solomon
  • Pendulum Heroes (Pendulum Heroes #1)
  • The Worried Man (Q.C. Davis Mystery, #1)
  • Chariot 3: Conception
  • City-State Dark
  • Born Resilient: True Stories of Life's Greatest Challenges
  • Miracle
  • Nothing Ventured, Everything Gained: How Entrepreneurs Create, Control, and Retain Wealth Without Venture Capital
  • Tommy O'Tom in a Tub O'Trouble
  • A Lethal Legacy

Joey Peruggia (2 books)
  • Mona Lisa's Secret (Joey Peruggia  #1)
  • Last Secret Chamber (Joey Peruggia #2)