Start by marking “Sanctuary (Shifter Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary (Shifter Chronicles, #1)

Sanctuary

(Shifter Chronicles #1)

It’s survival of the fittest, but first you have to fit in.

Shae is sure the icy rage that eats away at her is driving away her friends and pulling her closer to the wrong boy. But, as her protected world unravels, she discovers the violent supernatural world that lurks in her quiet hometown and the ancient feuds that threaten to destroy both her friends and her family. To
Published October 12th 2016 by Agropoli Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary

Dianne
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
True to young adult fantasies, SANCTUARY proves out the resiliency of youth to accept the impossible and to rise above the insurmountable, and doing it with flare.

Shae has spent the summer alone, her best friends all away at camp, but now they are back and she is still just out of the loop…until the night of the big party…

Now her world is caught between fact as she has always known life and the reality of who and what her friends are. Even as her distant mother announces they are moving, Shae is
Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited About 50% of this novel is available for a limited time here: http://melleamade.com/download-free-s... To discover more indie and free paranormal reads head to www.Facebook.com/ParanormalBookFest/
This was a great YA read with well defined characters, romance, a touch of high school and a dose of suspense. The good news is that book two is out February 2017.
Katie Rogers
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started this book and couldn't put it down, I just had to know, is she? Shae keeps wondering why her friends have left her? Why can't it go back to where it was before? Why are they still close but now shes on the outside looking in, with Callum? Zan and Aidan have pushed Shae as far away from them as they possibly can, but Aidan just keeps teasing her with a little attention here and there but nothing more. Callum has started giving her attention but she cant fall for the first guy. All of th ...more
Paula
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started this book in the afternoon and I have to say it is awesome. It has an unusual take on the shifter universe. At first I thought that it was kinda slow however before I knew it it was midnight and I was 3/4ths of the way through the book. It really held your attention once it got ya going. I really liked how the author fleshed out the characters and brought them all together. I finished the book the next day. All in all it was a great read, it kept you guessing till the very end. All I c ...more
Patricia White
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** Revised. Received ARC as a free read. Was not asked for a review but, giving one anyway ***

I loved the book. I don't write reviews often. But this book was for "young adults" I realized afterwards. It was a good book. I liked it. It mixed biblical with paranormal with mythology.

It's about a young girl named Shae who has anger management problems. But, she's not the only one. Her mother does too. And they clash. Her young brother and father try to be the peace makers.

In order for Shae to fin
Kristin
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only the first half of the book is currently available for free on the author's website. The full novel comes out October 22. So far this is one of the best YA fantasy novels I have read In a while. And to think this is a debut author. I can't wait to read the rest. The entire story is written with the angst that teens perfect. The characters are all very deep and mysterious, letting us get to know them slowly as the story progresses and keeping us on the edge of our seats. I can't wait to read ...more
Tia
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creative and Unique

Something is driving Shae's friends away. They're distant and secretive. While Shae is stuck home with her abusive mother, they went to camp, in Europe! As they try to reconnect, it's clear something is not right. A mountain lion stalks the teens and people are not who they appear to be.

Great, creative ideas in the shifter genre. Good, interesting characters and dilemmas.
Diana Blick
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I normally have a hard time with books written in the first person. Sometimes I'm not comfortable with being inside someone else's head, and the style can limit the story since it is only one subjective point of view. However, even though this is the first time this author has been published, she handles the first person POV like a pro, using it to establish a feeling of isolation and desolation that only a teenager can feel, and so sets a trapped, lonely and almost gothic tone to the story.

The
Kristin
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a gripping tale of mystery and paranormal by a debut author. Shae is consumed by rage that her mother won’t let her go out and see her friends who have all been gone all summer and are finally back. All, it seems, to the same place. Without her. When she finally sees them, two people are killed by a mountain lion and nothing is the same with anyone. No one will talk to her, her best friend and the guy she has been in love with secretly for a year are now dating. And she could swear she saw ...more
Rosemary Hughes
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A girl with 4 friends growing up and playing in a tree house. Every thing changes after one summer holiday, when all but the girl, Shay, had been to Europe on holiday. The first encounter between these friends ends when a mountain lion kills two of the other teenagers at a bonfire party. There is more revealed that night when one of the friends shifts in to a crow in front of Shay, as they race towards the murder scene.
This is only the first reveal of the legendary shifters and their clans. A st
Sharlene
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow at the start, then couldn't put it down!

The beginning was slow, I actually thought of not finishing it. Then things began to happen and before you know it, you are hooked and can't put it down - you have to know what happens on the next page!
Casandra Lockett
Read it!!!

This was unique and different. Really special and not the usual young adult paranormal romance. It really stands out . The characters and shifter lore are new and refreshing to someone who reads a lot of paranormal stuff. I can't wait for the next one!
Angel Leya
Shae is a young girl who feels her friends slipping away from her, caught up in secrecy and forming bonds without her. Home isn't so great either, with an icy mother whose rage she finds growing in herself, and their plans are to move away. But her friends aren't just shutting her out. They're part of something more, a frightening world that took a pair of teens, and that might be on the hunt for Shae.

This is well written, and a highly addictive story. I love the interactions, the friendships, t
Nereid
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
I did like the idea of the story but it just lacked something for me as it felt disjointed in places. Shea's so called friends totally ignore her and she just wants them to like her and is willing to take their rejection with no explanation why. The love triangle was interesting but Shea kept thinking she liked one of the boys more yet enjoyed kissing the other at times so it was hard to like her as she seemed so indecisive and meek. I would have enjoyed more back story to explain the relationsh ...more
Angie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book gives you a glimpse into Shae's life after her friends come back from summer camp. This was well written and kept my attention the whole way through. Shae finds that a lot of things have changed since her friends came back from summer camp. Now Shae must figure out who she can trust and what is happening with her. Her mother wants to sell their house and Shae wants answers to some questions. The ending was a cliff-hanger and I am anxious to see what happens next with Shae, her family a ...more
Karen Bird
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hi Melle
I have finished part 1 of book 1 of the Sanctuary.
I know this was for YA but I loved it and had trouble putting the book down.
It was such a gripping read and the writing was superb.
For a new author you have done an outstanding job, and I can't wait to read the end of the book,
and to start on the next book.
Thanks for becoming an author.
Keep up the good work and you should be very proud of yourself.
Regards
Karen
Julie Hillman
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an exciting change of paranormal beings. This YA book is hard to put down because you just need to know what happens next. The is she/isn't she cliff hanger is fab. Roll on book two. A very well written story with characters you will love and hate. Well done Melle.
Aviar Savijon
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sanctuary

Breathe in the flowers, blow out the candles. How one phrase can mean so much, and be so powerful. As I read this book, not wanting to put it down til the end of the book. A truly imagination filled story in the paranormal and shifter genre. It is a must read for all.
Breanna Brown
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to get my pet peeve out of the way first: Punctuation! But it's a great story. Unique in many ways. Shea's future journeys looks promising!
Kelly Clare
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting shifter concept!

Check out my full review at http://www.yabookscentral.com/yaficti...
Topsues
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read anything by the Author, Melle Amade. I am so glad I have come across Sancutary. I don't like giving spoilers away, so bear with me. To me, This is an Exciting new take on the shifter world. Melle Amade manages to make you feel all the emotions of love, heartbreak, insecurities, distrust, and feeling proud of some the characters. This is a very high compliment in my opinion, you felt like you was there and I didn't want to put it down, beware it is one of those ...more
Sarah Davies
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy for an fair and unbiased review.

Shae doesn't know why her friends have left her, why she feels like she is on the outside??? Was it because she can't control her temper??

Is she turning into her mother, Shae's mother also suffers with her temper and she always clashes with Shae, but she is also distanced from her family Shae and her brother don't really feel loved by there mother and live on egg shells when she is about. Is Shae turning into her mother?

Shae needs aswers and sh
Jenna Jochum
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would recommend!

I was confused in the beginning thinking "ok is this the second book or something? Even though i know the title said Book 1...know nothing about all these people!" Slowly as you keep reading you begin to get the feel of it but again my only hang up was the very beginning.
Trina Shemella
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting use of Dogma and scifi

The pace keep me wanting to read more of the story, it may only be a 3 hour book but it keeps you reading. Secrets of one family could be enough to ruin multiple lives but is that enough to stop one girl from risking everything she has to save the rest?

I love the was Melle intertwined the Jewish/Christian history into how her shifter world.
Susan Commeford
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good beginning

This was very enjoyable. Editing could have been a bit tighter with some misuse of words, but overall it was good. I would like to read the next book to see where it goes.
Lynn H. Harmon
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young adult

Very unique story. Fast read but I found it a young adult level. I might read more in the series because again the story was everything!
Lola
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sanctuary is a great Young Adult book about shifters. And I really enjoyed reading this one. I got this one a while ago when it was free, but had forgotten about it again until I read one of this author's short stories in the Marked by Fate Origins set. I really liked her style and wanted to read more of her books. Then I realized I already had one of her books. I had read another short story, Heritage, as well before I started this one. So I had a bit of background knowledge as well, which I th ...more
Angela
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katy Haye
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t know a lot about Sanctuary before I started, I was just curious because I seemed to have seen it around a lot (and that cover IS beautiful). From the first paragraph I loved the writing. I was intrigued: I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I *really* wanted to figure it all out.

The atmosphere was gloriously unsettling and the world Melle Amade has built was utterly absorbing. Nothing was completely unique – but it was all twisted a little bit to make it different, clever and captivatin
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shae apparently lives in a town full of shifters but never knew....even though all of her friends and seemingly her parents knew all about it and how it would eventually be a problem. There was some world building but too many made up words without clear pronunciation was just confusing. Also, it was just dumb how everyone who supposedly cared about her let her stumble her way into life or death situations. Shae herself was just kind of pathetic, following her friends around and letting them tre ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shades of Fae: A Limited Edition Collection of Urban Fantasy and Fantasy Novels
  • Sigils and Spells
  • Unlikely Magic: A Dark Fantasy (Girl Among Wolves Book 1)
  • Seeker (The Seeker Series, #1)
  • Teeth of the Gods (Unweaving Chronicles, #1)
  • A Bond Of Blood and Fire (The Goddess and the Guardians, #2)
  • Vexxed  (Just Breathe Ephemera, #4)
  • Awaken (Dark Paradise #1)
  • Chosen (Curse of the Draekon #1)
  • Dog Days Of Summer (Black Dog #1.5)
  • Dark Water (A Little Mermaid Reverse Fairytale Book 1)
  • Homefires
  • Dracones Revelations (Dracones, #2)
  • 47 Echo
  • Silver Hollow Paranormal Cozy Mystery Books 1-3 (Silver Hollow Cozy Mysteries Box-Set Book 1)
  • The Soul Bond (Werewolf High #4)
  • DarkSkull Hall (The Mage Chronicles #1)
  • The Midnight Society (Midnight Chronicles, #1)

Shifter Chronicles (4 books)
  • Remnants (Shifter Chronicles, #2)
  • Harvest (Shifter Chronicles, #3)
  • Deluge (Shifter Chronicles, #4)