Start by marking “Carved Wooden Heart” as Want to Read:
Carved Wooden Heart

Carved Wooden Heart

A sexy encounter with a talented native artist, a broken heart, and a knight in shining armor are just the beginning in this passionate erotic romance. Dani Stone never expected to fall in love with carver Jesse Wolf Carver. She certainly didn't foresee the results of her intense one night stand with the sexy hunk. From the wealth of New York City to a small southern commu ...more
Published September 24th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Carved Wooden Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carved Wooden Heart

Adam Mitchell
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Firstly I have to say this isn't really my kind of read, not enough bullets and car chases#(if there was a spattering of it well it would be a five star review lol), saying that though this charming book reeled me in and wouldn't let me go from the first to last chapter. I have read one or two short stories by Elizabeth prior to reading this, and just like the crime shorts, I read. This book sets the bar quite high for all us humble authors to try and meet. I could say it was the characters most ...more
Ted Tayler
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Sizzling"

Another top-notch story from Elizabeth Horton-Newton. I thoroughly enjoyed 'Riddle' which straddled the crime thriller, romantic suspense genres, and have caught up with her short stories dotted around in various anthologies. There doesn't seem to be much this writer can't turn her hand to; and with great success. When you can keep coming up with great characters, in totally believable situations and settings, it's not hard to see why this author is so readable. We all love a good love
Marie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet romance

Though rather long and drawn out, this was a cute romance that left me smiling. Cutting the excessive action details would have made it a shorter and more concise read, though I wouldn't have minded hearing a bit more about Jesse's life in those lost five years. Dani's character was quite real and three dimensional. She made mistakes, grew a little, made a few more mistakes, and still kept her head, and that had me rooting for her.
All in all, this was an enjoyable read.
Kim
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely an original more contemporary take on a romance novel . Complex ,flawed ,characters and a read till the end realistic storyline make this worthwhile of your time . I read it in one sitting and I suggest you do too. You can see the plot taking place in your head as you go .So open your heart to this Carved Wooden Heart and enjoy !
Molly Gambiza
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Noreen Newton at her best! Another cracking romantic story full of adventure, love, humour, heartache and strength. I like Dani’s strength, she knows what she wants no matter what…..
Romantic tips in abundance! Elizabeth Noreen Newton doesn’t rush her love scenes, exactly how it should be. Carved Wooden Heart is a memorable love story. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Debbie Carnes
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book , one of the best romance novels I've read this year
Mistral Dawn
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daniella is a young woman just beginning to find her way in life. Jesse is an artist haunted by personal demons. When Dani's work brings them together, a brief interval of passion leads to feelings deep enough to last a lifetime. But fate is a fickle thing, and a series of chance events soon forces them apart. But, sometimes, seemingly harmless actions can have lasting consequences, and life doesn't always lead us along the road we thought it would.

I enjoyed this book. It's a contemporary romanc
Anita Kovacevic
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
Having already enjoyed some of Elizabeth Horton-Newton's writing (the intense thriller Riddle and her fascinating short story Old Habits in Twisted Tales), I was rather intrigued to see how she would handle the genre of romance (with elements of erotica). Starla Hartless remains a mystery to me, but this partnership might prove quite successful in this genre.
Not usually an avid reader of romance/erotica, I read the book with curiosity, comparing at first with other works by E. Horton-Newton. The
Latoya Wilson
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In love with Jesse.

Not only is Jesse Native American, he's a relatable character, which means he's gorgeous, flawed, and makes the ups and downs that he goes through and is put through so believable. Poor Dani finds her true love then loses him, and life slips slowly downhill from there as she goes from one trial to the next until she's back where she should have always been. A long read but it wasn't long enough. I hated for the story to end. Great job, ladies. Book 2 anyone?
Lynda Filler
May 09, 2017
Cori F
Sep 04, 2018
Elizabeth Horton-Newton
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ted Tayler
Nancy Jones
Scott Haraburda
Daniel Muscat
Jul 16, 2017
Born and raised in New York City, Elizabeth Horton-Newton grew up exposed to a variety of cultures. In the 4th grade she wrote an essay stating she wanted to be an author when she grew up. After fifty years she has achieved her goal with the publication of her first book, "A View From the Sixth Floor: An Oswald Tale". Just ten years old when President John Kennedy was assassinated she was deeply a ...more