Start by marking “Killer in the Band” as Want to Read:

(Lovers in Crime #3)

Summer has arrived! The Thorntons expect it to be a summer of change and change it does, but not in the way Joshua had expected.

Joshua’s eldest son, Joshua Thornton Jr. (J.J.) has graduated at the top of his class from law school and is returning home to spend the summer studying for the bar exam. However, to Joshua's and Cameron's shock and dismay, J.J. decides to move in
Published September 18th 2016 by Acorn Book Services

To ask other readers questions about Killer in the Band, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer in the Band

Sherry Fundin
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG. She did it again. Lauren Carr has created another romantic suspense mystery that had me reading, ignoring my hubby and my mother, unable to put it down until the last page was read.

Killer in the Band is A Lovers in Crime Mystery that is chock full of wonderful characters, both human and animal. Her ability to bring them all to life is amazing. I laughed and cried, because she made me do it.

I cannot pick a favorite character. They are all amazing in their own way. It took me a little while t
Lindsay
A Killer in the Band is like another Halloween set up for the setting. Lauren Carr once again does it again with her book. You get pulled into this book from the beginning. There seem to be more murderers than the eye can see.

We learn about the Band that Suellen is the leader to. She gets a phone call from a friend in the band named “Cat.” Who could be the Killer of Dylan Matthews and Wendy Mathews? We fall for more mysteries and cold cases. Could all the cold cases be connected?

We also have JJ
Laura Reading
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: what-an-animal
So many different elements make this a compelling read or listen. I enjoyed the audio edition.
Some of the things that drew me to this book, besides the author, whose other books and series I have given high review marks to, included the "where are they now" aspect of a popular band, animal communications, and once again learning more about the complicated relationships of the Gates-Thornton family.
Danger is always in the air and just around each corner when Lauren Carr tells a story. In this o
Michele bookloverforever
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoy this series of mysteries, murder, mayhem and families. in this one, another of the Thornton children finds love...one old and the beginnings of a new one...especially when the old one is murdered re-read in march of 2017 and enjoyed all over again. books, the gift that keeps on giving.
Misty
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first thing that made me interested in this book was the fact that it was written my Lauren Carr. Lauren has a gift for writing a great story while keeping it clean. I love how her books never have me cringing after a horrific scene or asking myself if that bit of adult content was needed because she never included things like that in her books.

This is my first time reading a book written by her without Gnarly in it and while I have to say I miss the furry guy this book did just fine without
Harry Lane
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first job of a writer of fiction is to make the reader feel something about the characters - like, dislike, pity, and so on. Carr does an excellent job of that, and I personally think this series is superior to the Faraday series. In this outing, the plot involves a long disbanded rock and roll group, one of whose members turns up as a mummy more than two decades after the dissolution. Nifty plotting and a subplot which keeps things stirred up make for a good read.
Dhivya Balaji
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FIRST IMPRESSION:

It is always a thrill to read a book from a different series by the same author. When you are used to a certain writing style, it is a different experience to read about a completely different set of characters. I have read a few books by Ms. Carr, from her Mac Faraday series and her Thorny Rose series. So though it was a book about characters I was not used to, I was looking forward to reading the book mainly because I loved the way the author usually crafts her mysteries. I e
Sherry Lynn
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I was given the opportunity to read I said 'Yes' as fast as I could to make the blog tour.

And I wasn't disappointed. Killer had me from page one and would not let me go!

This story is the 3rd book in the Lovers In Crime Series.

There are lots of characters and multiple story lines in each of the books I've read by La;uren at least that is what she did in the Mac Faraday series which BTW is great too.

Killer was no different. There was Joshua and Cameron Thornton and all their children. Th
Dawn
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

I have read several of Lauren Carr’s books but this is the first one I’ve read about Cameron Gates and Joshua Thornton. Even though this is the third book in the series, it definitely stands on its own.

Killer in the Band is about Detective Cameron Gates solving some cold cases that affect members of the Thornton family. There are several stories occurring at the same time about the different members of the Thortons: murder mysteries, family dis
Jeanie Jackson
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, x-read-2016
I became a Lauren Carr fan with her other series but I love this one so much more! This isn't just a complex mystery, it is several and only some are directly connected. The family dynamic is a key to the quality of the book and the characters are awesome individual and as a group.
Paula
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read as Usual

Enjoyed this story very much, so many twists and turns!! I think I've read all her books but will check to make sure. I hope she writes more!!! I need more of this whole family.
Bill White
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting

Love the characters,keep the story coming,I know all those areas that you write about in Pa.The rooster was a crack up
Shirley Alvarez
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
KILLER IN THE BAND

A great book! Can't wait till next one. This is a great family and love their adventures. Please keep them coming. J.J needs Poppy!
Kathleen Quinn
Confusing Mystery

Confusing Mystery with a plot that it was hard to understand. The characters weren't likeable and I was disappointed in this book.
Rhonda
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Good clean mystery. Familiar characters Joshua and Cameron finding murderers. We get to find out a lot more of JJ Joshua's older son. JJ has finished law school and moved in with Suellen a woman 2x his age. This mystery works.
Laura Thomas
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the only series by Lauren that I hadn’t tried so I had to give it a go. I really enjoyed her others and had a good vibe about this book. And, as usual, I jumped into the series somewhere besides the beginning.

Not having read the books that came before, I was worried if I’d be able to follow this plot. No worries. I did just fine, as Lauren dropped in references to past events in the right places without slowing things down.

It didn’t take me long to recognize some of the characters. I che
Angela Thompson
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carr creates another entertaining book centering around people, murders, and music. I think the thing that I most like about Carr's mysteries is that she introduces readers to a variety of settings and themes. The last book that I read from her had a political theme. This one moves toward relationships formed and reformed from an old rock and roll band. She does such a wonderful job creating her book's setting and her characters within each new theme--and does a wonderful job blending a little r ...more
Marilyn R.
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you follow my reviews on a regular basis, you know author Lauren Carr's books are some of my favourite to escape into after a long day. I have read every book in every series. My biggest problem is I devour them and then have to wait patiently for the next one. Killer in the Band adds a new title to Carr's Lovers in Crime series featuring Prosecuting Attorney Joshua Thornton and Detective Cameron Gates (they met early in this series and now are married - something at least one of Joshua's kid ...more
Amy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Killer in the Band is author Lauren Carr’s latest mystery with the Thornton’s. Joshua and Cameron are settling into their newly restructured life with adopted daughter Izzy and Joshua’s youngest son Donny. J.J., oldest son and twin to Murphy, comes back home to study for his bar exam, unfortunately tensions are still high between him and Cameron his step-mother. Add to that an old flame steps back into his life, and she stirs up more conflict between father and son as she is twice J.J’s age. Sue ...more
Carla
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An amazing novel full of suspense and with an ending that you never see coming.

The novel starts off with the return and quick leaving from the family home by J.J., who moves in with his much older girlfriend (this was the source of quite a bit of stress between him and his Father). We are quickly thrown into a mystery from Suellen's past - the disappearance of one of her band members and the finding of his dead body. The band members had always thought he had left to go make himself a star, neve
Jessica
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book blow my mind away

Wow! I am still speechless after I finished reading this book. Ms. Lauren Carr blow my mind away with this story. I thought I figured out the killer, oh boy! was I wrong. This story will amazed you breathlessly. It is oh so good. If you are a music lover like me, no doubt you cannot put this book down. Gosh! I spent many late hours reading this book. I even wake up early morning and finished what pages I left off. This book is hard to put it down.

My favorite characte
Floryie
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received the ebook free of charge for honest review.

I have always liked the author's works. She writes a book which is well rounded in characters and themes and plot lines. This book is no different.

The book as usual has a host of characters to keep track of. This is a characteristic of Lauren Carr's books. Though it is a bit hard to keep the characters separate, it becomes easier as time passes. And all of them are unique and add their own flair to the story. It's fun meeting them and underst
Leila
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, this book was a little slow for me, but there were quite a few twists and turns that kept me reading. And when we all started to put the pieces together; I definitely felt like things sped up.

I have read a Lauren Carr book in past that introduced me to the characters so I was familiar with the main characters involved (Joshua, Cameron, and Izzy with mention of JJ and his siblings.)

There were a few different ‘mystery plots’ in the book. The re-opened cold case of a murder; the mu
Jerry
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the addition of Poppy to the story. I can see another series being formed with her and J.J. Izzy is a welcome addition also and I can see her getting more involved as time goes on. This is the third series I've read by Lauren Carr and so far I've enjoyed them all.
Margaret Tidwell
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
FTC: I received a free copy of this book fromiRead Book Tours in exchange for my honest review. I received no other compensation and the opinions expressed in this review are one hundred percent true and my own.

Killer in the Band by Lauren Carr was another great book by this author. I have read several other books by this author and this one didn’t let me down. I love that this author has created an entire world with her books. A lot of her books are intertwined even though they aren’t all in th
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this Lauren Carr mystery, the author having written other series such as the Mac Faraday Mysteries, Joshua Thornton’s son, Joshua Thornton, Jr. (colloquially called J.J.), has graduated from law school and intends to study for the bar examination. Unfortunately for Joshua and his wife, Detective Cameron Gates, J.J. moves in to Russell Ridge Farm in Ohio Valley in want of rekindling a love for a widow double his age named Suellen Russell, a bond enforced by their love of music. When a killer e ...more
Adrienne Testa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Disappointing. I found this story to be fragmented and out of sync. The author trying to tell too many stories at the same time. I usually enjoy this series but the author missed the mark trying to blend an old cold case, J.J. and Suellen romance and the old farm hand mystery into one. It was choppy and confusing. Especially with the addition of new characters that had their own sad stories to tell.
Emilie Davis
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love those Thorntons!

Lauren Carr has once again proven her ability to write a nail biting mystery. Her Lovers in Crime Mystery Book 3 is a great addition to the series. I must say while the mystery was a bit different than most, it was highly entertaining and pulled the reader into the story. I am looking forward to her next book. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us.
Black Butterfly
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Shelves: murder, mysteries
THIS WAS MY 19TH BOOK I’VE READ BY THIS AUTHOR AND I’VE ENJOYED ALL OF THEM. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK I ALREADY PREORDERED IT. I LOVE THE MYSTERY AND THE CHARACTERS ANIMALS/HUMAN. I WAS WATCHING THE SCIENCE CHANNEL AND SAW A REAL HOUDINI ESCAPE HORSE HE WAS A EXPERT, EVEN A FREEZER ALMOST ANYTHING, ALL FOR THE PROSPECT OF FOOD. ;D
bonnie kirchner
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killer in the Band

This is another great book by Lauren Carr. She writes some of the best mysteries that I have read. I highly recommend all her books. Can't wait for her next book which is due out in Jan. 2017.

• Abuse of Discretion (Dre Thomas Series Book 3)
  • Sovereignty
  • The Misadventures of Michael McMichaels, Vol. 4: Double-Dog Dare
  • The Camelot Kids: Volume One (The Camelot Kids, #1-4)
  • A Plain & Simple Heart (The Amish of Apple Grove, #2)
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #3)
  • The Study of Silence (Lady Evelyn Mystery #3)
  • The Devoted (The Bishop's Family #3)
  • Dawn of Destiny (Epic, #1)
  • Who the Bishop Knows (The Amish Bishop Mysteries #3)
  • Into the Crossfire (First Force, #1)
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Vostok
  • A Heart's Disguise (A Journey of the Heart, #1)
  • Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
  • A Cousin's Challenge (Indiana Cousins, #3)
  • Lady Blues: Forget-Me-Not  (LeGarde Mystery #10)
  • The 13: Fall (The 13, #1)
Lauren Carr is the international best-selling author of the Mac Faraday, Lovers in Crime, and Thorny Rose Mysteries—over twenty titles across three fast-paced mystery series filled with twists and turns!

Book reviewers and readers alike rave about how Lauren Carr’s seamlessly crosses genres to include mystery, suspense, romance, and humor.

Lauren is a popular speaker who has made appearances at sch

Lovers in Crime (5 books)
  • Dead on Ice (Lovers in Crime, #1)
  • Real Murder (Lovers in Crime, #2)
  • Twofer Murder
  • The Root of Murder (Lovers in Crime Mystery Book 4)