Start by marking “Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)

Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer #3)

Win the game. Lose your heart.
Everyone knows who I am and that I could have any female fan I want. That's supposed to be the "perk" of playing left field for the Boston Renegades. But I don't want just any woman; I want her.

She should be just another face in the crowd, but I can't stop thinking about the one night we spent together-and her look of regret the morning after.
Kindle Edition
Published May 23rd 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Grand Slam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grand Slam

Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
May 02, 2017 Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦ rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sports
Release Date: May 23, 2017
Genre: Contemporary. Sports Romance.

Heidi McLaughlin has another fantastic novel with this one. And although it isn't as "sporty" as the previous ones in the series it is still amazing none the less. With that, I picked this book up on a whim today as I was looking for something lighthearted to read on this rainy day. At first, I had no intention to finish it in one sitting, I just wanted something to get lost in for a little while. But WOW. I read it from front to
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Travis is a very well known Boston Renegades baseball player and has a bit of a reputation as a womanizer. This reputation is about to be used against him in the most awful way though. You’ve seen the gossip mags right? How many times have you seen claims about celebrities being accused of various things like having affairs, fathering children to strangers and relationships with other people – that are all completely made up.

He never thought it would happen to him though. Travis has a huge fan b
Becky Burciaga
Apr 16, 2017 Becky Burciaga rated it it was amazing
Unlike it's two predecessors, this third book in the Boys of Summer series has less on the field action and more romance and legal drama. Taking place off season plays part in the way the story is shaped. Returning are all the previous players (characters), along with new adorableness in the form of five year old Lucy...it seems as if adorable little kiddos are staples in the series...each time they have been scene stealers.

The chemistry between Travis and Saylor leaves you breathless, the real
Emmbooks
Apr 22, 2017 Emmbooks rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Picked this one up planning to read a chapter or two and ended up devouring the whole thing.

Travis *sigh* Iove this guy and my heart hurt for all he went through.

Saylor is quite frustrating character. I could see her POV but I disagreed with some of her choices.

The story is great, plenty of stuff going on to keep you flipping the pages.

The only reason I dropped .5 of a star was I felt the end was kind of rushed. I would have liked some things cleared up.

Heidi never fails to deliv
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Well, after the last Boys of Summer book, I was a little gun-shy when Grand Slam came through to my Kindle. I hoped that I could get into this one more than the last. And, hoping paid off because the Heidi McLaughlin that I was so used to reading was back. Travis and Saylor’s story was everything that I hoped it would be … and then some.

Wow … that’s all I can say about Travis. The left fielder has everything a man could want except the woman who has been haunting his dreams. He can’t understand
Dena
May 01, 2017 Dena rated it it was amazing
Travis Kidd finds himself in a bar one night with a woman, he sees the one woman, Saylor, who got away across the bar and has his eye on her. When he follows Saylor out of the bar, the other woman gets upset. Boy does Travis wind up in a huge legal mess just because he left that woman in the bar without hooking up with her. Saylor is a publicist who works for Travis and she has a lot of issues of her own but she does what she can to help Travis. Okay I'm rambling, I'm done now!

That's all I can
May 18, 2017 Laura rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

Heidi McLaughlin writes a book that almost always is a little darker than I am expecting. And, I like dark books, so that is not a criticism just a reality.

And, in this case, while I liked the book, i thought the darker and more serious story overshadowed the relationship a bit. This is a challenge when the romance is a little darker, a little more serious, like it was in this case.

And, in this case, I think it was that Saylor and Travis
Jessica Alcazar
First I have to say ... because it's what I do (often) .. #TitleWIN !!! When you read this story, the words grand slam will take on a whole other meaning other than a baseball term #TRUST

Both Travis and Saylor have baggage. Baggage that quite frankly could have made this book a much darker read than Heidi McLaughlin made it and I'm glad she didn't. Their pasts were just dramatic enough to add an edge to their journey but not get all twisty and angsty .. feel me? Anywho, well done! LOL

Grand Slam
Sandy S
May 22, 2017 Sandy S rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 23, 2017

Win the game. Lose your heart.

Because Saylor Blackwell is the kind of woman who haunts a man. Smart, sexy as hell,
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Baseball player Travis Kidd thoroughly enjoys what he does, and the perks that come along with it... maybe a little too much! Being an athlete he draws a lot of attention from fans, it comes with the territory of course, and so he has come to expect that his every move is being monitored, even when there moves that could shine a bad light on him! It's a good thing he has a good publicist to cover up the stuff he doesn't want the public to get a hold of, but this time someone is out to get the st ...more
Irene
4 stars

Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin was a very good read.
I laughed, I swooned, I was frustrated and then I went back to swooning.
Both Travis and Saylor sure knew how to press my buttons lol
They had amazing chemistry and I loved watching Travis with Saylor's little girl Lucy.

description

Overall, Grand Slam was a heartwarming and entertaining read with likable, relatable characters that brought out all the feels.
Grand Slam is a very good addition to The Boys of Summer series, each book can be read as a st
Jill (Embrace the Romance)
The third book in the Boys of Summer series has less baseball and more drama and romance. You might not see as much on field action as the last two books but this book is not lacking in story and heart.

Travis Kidd is known for being the jokester with his one-liners as well as has a way with words with the ladies. One encounter with the wrong woman changed his world forever. But under that womanizer façade is a man who just wants what his friends have; a partner in life, a woman to love and a fa
Heather andrews
Apr 20, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Travis makes some yummy promises, “yeah, baby, that’s how much I want you right now. Be prepared for tomorrow night.” I kiss her behind her ear and pull her closer to me." Travis is one romantic man, “eff that noise, Saylor. I want to be with you, all of you, and that includes putting my ***k in your ’gina.” I loved this book, Travis was relentless, the man went after what he wanted.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 23, 2017 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer #3) by Heidi McLaughlin
4 stars!!!

“Race you.”
“To what?”
“To be the first one to fall in love.”

Grand Slam is the third book in the Boys of Summer series and can be read as a standalone. I still need to read the first one but have loved the last two. Grand Slam is the story of Travis Kidd, the Boston Renegades player who only loves baseball, himself and a woman who wouldn’t give him a chance. Travis was the prankster, the ladies’ man and a man whose past was only l
Mollien Fote Osterman
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Win the game. Lose your heart.

She should be just another
Ambur
May 21, 2017 Ambur added it
Christina
May 19, 2017 Christina rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

I'm not gonna lie. I was SOOOOO pissed off when I starting reading this book. Why? Because I was about to jump through the book to strangle the lead female, that's why. Why? Because I was having a REALLY hard time liking her character....but then that all changed. Or at least I started liking her a little more. I'm still not 100% sure "how" much I like her, but, I was happy in the end.

We all remember Travis Kidd, right? The joker. The ladies man. But his past comes back to bit
April Symes
Heidi McLaughlin has another hit with Grand Slam, book 3 in the Boys of Summer.
Travis Kidd, pro Baseball player, ends up in a bar one night with a woman while looking over across the bar he sees the one woman who got away- Saylor . They had a one night stand a few years back and Travis sees Saylor leaving the bar and goes after her to stop her, catch her and find out what happened to her after all this time when the lady he was with causes a heck of a stink.
Saylor Blackwell's life is a little
Joli
May 19, 2017 Joli rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5 out of 5

We first met Travis Kidd in THIRD BASE, the first book of the Boys of Summer Series, and since then I have been looking forward to his book. He brought a lot of humor with his one liners and couldn’t wait to read his story. We finally get to know him in GRAND SLAM and what I can say is, he was worth the wait!

Travis and Saylor’s relationship is a “forbidden” romance, but they just can’t stay away from each other. I loved reading with anticipation of them finally getting togethe
Nancy Metsch
Apr 18, 2017 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing
Blown away...100% blown away
You how you follow an Arthur and look firward to every new book she or he writes. Well that is exactly how I feel about Heidi's books
Grand Slam, book 3 in the Boys of summer series is the best in the series.
Travis Kidd is the guy that your mother warned you about. He's a player and has never been in a committed relationship. Never even gave it a thought. THat is until he meets the lovely Saylor Blackwell. They have a few things stacked against them. The biggest is
Kristen
Apr 17, 2017 Kristen rated it really liked it
Perfect summer read that will have readers swooning. GRAND SLAM tells the tale of a hot Major League Baseball player, Travis, and his sexy Public Relations handler, Saylor. When Travis is accused of rape, his world starts to fall apart. Everything he's worked for is hanging by a thread. Saylor has the power to potentially save him but doing the right thing could cost her everything. When both of their futures are on the line, who's going to win? Can both of them come out winners or will they bot ...more
Tania's Book Blog
May 23, 2017 Tania's Book Blog rated it really liked it
I loved Travis Kidd!! His love for Saylor and her daughter Lucy was so swoony.

Saylor had her issues and at first she was so frustrating but the further I read I realized why she was like that and I felt bad for her. She put her job before her own happiness.

Travis wasn't was your typical player. According to the others he played the field a lot but this book didn't show his many shenanigans which I liked. It showed how he was trying to win Saylor's heart and how he acted as a dad to Lucy which wi
Veronica LaRoche
Apr 25, 2017 Veronica LaRoche rated it it was amazing
I FREAKING LOVE TRAVIS KIDD. I couldn't wait to read Travis's story and I wasn't disappointed. His one liners are hilarious but in Grand Slam you will see a different side of Travis. Travis is sweet, sexy and will definitely have you swooning. Travis knows what he wants and he wants Saylor. Saylor is off limits but both can't deny that they both want each other. It will be a battle for them both, but fate was brought them together to weather the storm. Heidi has really knocked it out of the park ...more
Ashley Hampton
May 24, 2017 Ashley Hampton rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, the characters, and the story. Travis and Saylor have a unique relationship and back story, which I liked and found interesting. The way the story developed also was not typical, and I liked that this was not just the same old sports romance in a different cover. McLaughlin's writing sucked me in immediately and didn't let me go until I had devoured the story, which made me buy her other books in the series. I could easily see McLaughlin becoming an automatic one-click author ...more
Audrey
Apr 16, 2017 Audrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grand Slam is the third book in the Boys of Summer series which is now one of my favorite series. All can be read as a standalone but it's nice to see these characters and couples appear throughout. Travis Kidd has always been the funny guy and I'd been craving for his story and it sure delivered! I didn't expect for him to have a heavy subject matter but Heidi sure threw a curveball at me and it was brilliant of her. We get to see a whole new side of Travis and see him mature fast into the lead ...more
Amy
Apr 16, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
Travis Kidd!! I have been waiting for his story and Heidi did not disappoint! Travis continues to be the king of one liners but man do we see such a different side to him in Grand Slam, I didn't think it was possible to love a character as much as I LOVE TRAVIS!! He knows what he wants and no matter what is thrown at him Travis is determined to prove he is worth the risk.
Full count, bases loaded and Travis swinging for the fences!
Karen
May 24, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing
It's hard to imagine a book that had me biting nails like this one. Both main characters had major anguish and drama that tied them together in ways that always surprised me. I loved the major characters. I rooted for them....so much!!! One of my book of the year and I've read at least 250 so far..so good job, Heidi!!!
Liz
May 20, 2017 Liz rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Kristen
May 03, 2017 Kristen rated it it was amazing
When you finish a book and it hits you that this is the third book in the series... The storyline is that of a standalone! Thank you Heidi McLaughlin for giving us this story! Travis and Saylor will stay with me. This series just keeps getting better!
Kim
May 22, 2017 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-stars
Right up until the moment I sat down to finish writing this review, I was still stewing over how to rate this book even though I finished it a few days ago. There were parts that I loved but they were offset by parts that made me so annoyed I wanted to stop reading it entirely so I have some very mixed feelings about it and I didn't decide on a rating until I had put all my thoughts into words.

The blurb really gives nothing away when it comes to the actual plot of this book. When the story opens
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heidi is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author.

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell, Buttercup and a Highland West/Mini Schnauzer, JiLL and her brother, Racicot.

When she's isn't writing one of the many stories planned for release, you'll find
More about Heidi McLaughlin...

The Boys of Summer (3 books)
  • Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)