Start by marking “Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)

Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  532 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
Win the game. Lose your heart.
Everyone knows who I am and that I could have any female fan I want. That's supposed to be the "perk" of playing left field for the Boston Renegades. But I don't want just any woman; I want her.

She should be just another face in the crowd, but I can't stop thinking about the one night we spent together-and her look of regret the morning after.
Kindle Edition
Published May 23rd 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Grand Slam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grand Slam

Sabrina
PAPERBACK NOW LIVE!
Amazon * Barnes & Noble
Enter to win a paperback copy HERE

This book had so much intrigue and intensity that I just couldn't put it down. Both Saylor and Travis grabbed my attention from the very beginning and I really liked the sweet side of Travis that we got to see. Some of his team mates just wrote him off as nothing but a playboy but in this story we really got to see that there was more to him.

Seeing hime with Saylor and Lucy made my heart go all mushy and I really en
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
You know I love my sports romances and this was no exception. I also love this author’s books, she’s great at creating awesome stories and deep characters. This was incredible sweet and romantic and also a pretty quick read.

Travis Kidd is the left fielder for the Boston Renegades, on the surface he’s a player in every sense of the word and used to whatever he wants, but he’s so much more than that. Saylor Blackwell is a publicist for the Renegades and a single mom to a 5-year-old daughter Lucy.
~Mandi~
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grand Slam
The Boys of Summer #3
Heidi McLaughlin

Great book by Heidi McLaughlin. I just love sport romances. This was book 3 of her Boys of Summer series.
The main character Travis is a baseball player that has been falsely accused of rape. He falls in love with his publisher, Saylor and her small daughter. But with the backlash from the lies of a woman scorned may screw his opportunities with Saylor.
Thanks NetGalley for the Arc in exchange for my honest review.
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Alright so Grand Slam is a sport romance but there is not a lot of baseball talk. The whole plot is about the whirlwind roller coaster romance between Travis and his PR, Saylor. And when I say roller coaster I mean lots of drama, ups and downs, super turbulent relationship.

Travis and Saylor’s relationship started a couple years back when they had a one night stand after too many drinks at a party. Travis thought they shared the same attraction and had a great night but the morning after Saylor
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

4bcf23e8ea27b72e7c63ee91ca4695

Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin is a sexy, enchanting, and bright light center stage kind of romance that will set hearts soaring. Sports romance can either be a hit or a miss and in this case, Heidi has readers chanting the names of Travis and Saylor as their romance was sizzling and palpable from the start. The sexual energy that was radiating off McLaughlin’s characters kept readers like myself engaged as we witnessed two characters no lo
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sports
Release Date: May 23, 2017
Genre: Contemporary. Sports Romance.

Heidi McLaughlin has another fantastic novel with this one. And although it isn't as "sporty" as the previous ones in the series it is still amazing none the less. With that, I picked this book up on a whim today as I was looking for something lighthearted to read on this rainy day. At first, I had no intention to finish it in one sitting, I just wanted something to get lost in for a little while. But WOW. I read it from front to
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Travis is a very well known Boston Renegades baseball player and has a bit of a reputation as a womanizer. This reputation is about to be used against him in the most awful way though. You’ve seen the gossip mags right? How many times have you seen claims about celebrities being accused of various things like having affairs, fathering children to strangers and relationships with other people – that are all completely made up.

He never thought it would happen to him though. Travis has a huge fan b
Emmbooks
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Picked this one up planning to read a chapter or two and ended up devouring the whole thing.

Travis *sigh* Iove this guy and my heart hurt for all he went through.

Saylor is quite frustrating character. I could see her POV but I disagreed with some of her choices.

The story is great, plenty of stuff going on to keep you flipping the pages.

The only reason I dropped .5 of a star was I felt the end was kind of rushed. I would have liked some things cleared up.

Heidi never fails to deliv
Becky Burciaga
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unlike it's two predecessors, this third book in the Boys of Summer series has less on the field action and more romance and legal drama. Taking place off season plays part in the way the story is shaped. Returning are all the previous players (characters), along with new adorableness in the form of five year old Lucy...it seems as if adorable little kiddos are staples in the series...each time they have been scene stealers.

The chemistry between Travis and Saylor leaves you breathless, the real
Christina
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

I'm not gonna lie. I was SOOOOO pissed off when I starting reading this book. Why? Because I was about to jump through the book to strangle the lead female, that's why. Why? Because I was having a REALLY hard time liking her character....but then that all changed. Or at least I started liking her a little more. I'm still not 100% sure "how" much I like her, but, I was happy in the end.

We all remember Travis Kidd, right? The joker. The ladies man. But his past comes back to bit
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Well, after the last Boys of Summer book, I was a little gun-shy when Grand Slam came through to my Kindle. I hoped that I could get into this one more than the last. And, hoping paid off because the Heidi McLaughlin that I was so used to reading was back. Travis and Saylor’s story was everything that I hoped it would be … and then some.

Wow … that’s all I can say about Travis. The left fielder has everything a man could want except the woman who has been haunting his dreams. He can’t understand
Karen
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to imagine a book that had me biting nails like this one. Both main characters had major anguish and drama that tied them together in ways that always surprised me. I loved the major characters. I rooted for them....so much!!! One of my book of the year and I've read at least 250 so far..so good job, Heidi!!!
Dena
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Travis Kidd finds himself in a bar one night with a woman, he sees the one woman, Saylor, who got away across the bar and has his eye on her. When he follows Saylor out of the bar, the other woman gets upset. Boy does Travis wind up in a huge legal mess just because he left that woman in the bar without hooking up with her. Saylor is a publicist who works for Travis and she has a lot of issues of her own but she does what she can to help Travis. Okay I'm rambling, I'm done now!

That's all I can
Jessica Alcazar
First I have to say ... because it's what I do (often) .. #TitleWIN !!! When you read this story, the words grand slam will take on a whole other meaning other than a baseball term #TRUST

Both Travis and Saylor have baggage. Baggage that quite frankly could have made this book a much darker read than Heidi McLaughlin made it and I'm glad she didn't. Their pasts were just dramatic enough to add an edge to their journey but not get all twisty and angsty .. feel me? Anywho, well done! LOL

Grand Slam
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

Heidi McLaughlin writes a book that almost always is a little darker than I am expecting. And, I like dark books, so that is not a criticism just a reality.

And, in this case, while I liked the book, i thought the darker and more serious story overshadowed the relationship a bit. This is a challenge when the romance is a little darker, a little more serious, like it was in this case.

And, in this case, I think it was that Saylor and Travis
Irene
4 stars

Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin was a very good read.
I laughed, I swooned, I was frustrated and then I went back to swooning.
Both Travis and Saylor sure knew how to press my buttons lol
They had amazing chemistry and I loved watching Travis with Saylor's little girl Lucy.

description

Overall, Grand Slam was a heartwarming and entertaining read with likable, relatable characters that brought out all the feels.
Grand Slam is a very good addition to The Boys of Summer series, each book can be read as a st
Sandy S
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 23, 2017

Win the game. Lose your heart.

Because Saylor Blackwell is the kind of woman who haunts a man. Smart, sexy as hell,
Jemy Leo
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Another frustrating read. I simply don't understand the author's thoughts and values.

And I can't stand the heroine Saylor, like, literally can't.

Ok so I gonna start my ranting, please beware of spoilers.

Spoiler alert!!!!!!

The hero Travis, famous baseball player is hitting off with a girl called Blue in a bar. Then he saw the heroine Saylor, who was a PR person of his team. He used to have one hot night with her a couple of years ago then she left abruptly without words. So Travis blew off this
Cyndi
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: august-2017
Grand Slam is the first Heidi McLaughlin I've read in a long, long while. I was excited to dive into a story with a hot baseball player at the center going after the woman he can't seem to have. Travis it appears can have them all, and this is where he finds his trouble and complicates his life. The story takes place in the off-season and apparently he's got too much time on his hands. He gets up to trouble, while undeserved, he plays it all wrong and ends up risking more than his career. He's f ...more
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Baseball player Travis Kidd thoroughly enjoys what he does, and the perks that come along with it... maybe a little too much! Being an athlete he draws a lot of attention from fans, it comes with the territory of course, and so he has come to expect that his every move is being monitored, even when there moves that could shine a bad light on him! It's a good thing he has a good publicist to cover up the stuff he doesn't want the public to get a hold of, but this time someone is out to get the st ...more
Ahlynne Aberas
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 ...more
Mandy
DNF @ 29%. Honestly, this story is depressing and a feels like a Debbie Downer endorsed book. I didn't feel any type of connection between the hero and heroine. They both seemed to complain too much about their lives and the tribulations going on during their inner monologues in each chapter. It felt like there was too much emphasis on the storyline, rather than developing the characters fleshing them out. The writing was fluid, but I just didn't care for this type of trope. Which makes me sad, ...more
Jill M
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-athletes
The third book in the Boys of Summer series has less baseball and more drama and romance. You might not see as much on field action as the last two books but this book is not lacking in story and heart.

Travis Kidd is known for being the jokester with his one-liners as well as has a way with words with the ladies. One encounter with the wrong woman changed his world forever. But under that womanizer façade is a man who just wants what his friends have; a partner in life, a woman to love and a fa
Heather andrews
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Travis makes some yummy promises, “yeah, baby, that’s how much I want you right now. Be prepared for tomorrow night.” I kiss her behind her ear and pull her closer to me." Travis is one romantic man, “eff that noise, Saylor. I want to be with you, all of you, and that includes putting my ***k in your ’gina.” I loved this book, Travis was relentless, the man went after what he wanted.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer #3) by Heidi McLaughlin
4 stars!!!

“Race you.”
“To what?”
“To be the first one to fall in love.”

Grand Slam is the third book in the Boys of Summer series and can be read as a standalone. I still need to read the first one but have loved the last two. Grand Slam is the story of Travis Kidd, the Boston Renegades player who only loves baseball, himself and a woman who wouldn’t give him a chance. Travis was the prankster, the ladies’ man and a man whose past was only l
Mollien Fote Osterman
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Win the game. Lose your heart.

She should be just another
Ambur
May 21, 2017 added it
Jan
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Grand Slam. I was completely engaged throughout and loved the characters.

Grand slam is the third book in the boys of Summer series. I also loved previous books, each book focuses on one of the baseball players from The Boston renegades, each with their own story and all different, each one finding love as the plot progresses.

Grand Slam focuses on Travis the teams playboy/Man-whore with a reputation for the ladies. Travis finds himself in a situation when one of the girls he rejects act
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Crowns

Of all the Boys of Summers series, Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin is by far my favorite. The drama and angst combined with the likable characters made this one a delightful read.

Travis Kidd, the starting left fielder for the Renegades, has always desired Saylor, but she has kept him at a distance. Always the jokester and woman-loving player, he wasn’t someone she could risk her future on, but throughout the story, readers get to see the softer more lovabl
April Symes
Heidi McLaughlin has another hit with Grand Slam, book 3 in the Boys of Summer.
Travis Kidd, pro Baseball player, ends up in a bar one night with a woman while looking over across the bar he sees the one woman who got away- Saylor . They had a one night stand a few years back and Travis sees Saylor leaving the bar and goes after her to stop her, catch her and find out what happened to her after all this time when the lady he was with causes a heck of a stink.
Saylor Blackwell's life is a little
Heidi is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author.

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell, Buttercup and a Highland West/Mini Schnauzer, JiLL and her brother, Racicot.

When she's isn't writing one of the many stories planned for release, you'll find
More about Heidi McLaughlin...

The Boys of Summer (3 books)
  • Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)