Start by marking “The Bartender (Modern Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bartender (Modern Love, #1)

The Bartender (Modern Love #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  2,948 Ratings  ·  523 Reviews

Well, no. Probably not in retrospect.

In my defense I had just moved back into my grandparent’s house, I’d lost my dream job, and a guy on Tinder had stood me up. It was like life had suddenly stamped ‘LOSER’ on my forehead.

So when the guy behind the bar started giving me THE look… you kn
Published February 2017 by Piper Rayne

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Dedicated to all the ladies still looking for their very own unicorn cock. –Piper Rayne

Piper Rayne is the pen name for a writing duo that as of now are keeping their identities a secret, and the Bartender is their first novel. Once I read the blurb for this book, I pretty much knew I was going to enjoy it, but I never would have guessed how much! With the perfect amount of humor, steam, and heart, The Bartender easily exceeded my expectations!

Down on her luck, Whitney goes to a bar where she
Sophie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 heart warming, sexy stars!

Author duos are TAKING OVER and the newest kids on the block Piper Rayne are a match made in bookworm heaven! The Bartender is a bloody brilliant debut novel!

I was so surprised by this book, on the outside, the Bartender looks like a fun, flirty rom com! Which it is. But, it also goes deeper. Cole and Whitney develop a beautiful friendship after Whitney initially dislikes him, their friendship is one that blossoms, filled with lust and heat. Anyone who's anyone know
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

Whitney Knight is back home and living with her Grandparents. Broke and brought low by her less than stellar choices, she decides she needs a little somethin' somethin' and sets up a TINDER date at a bar.

While waiting Whitney strikes up a conversation with the smokin' hot bartender. When it becomes apparent she has been stood up the two continue the evening back at his place.

The next morning Whitney can't remember a thing and hightails it out of there before Mister Smokin' Hot gets back. Littl
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think I was expecting a little bit more from this tbh. It doesn't get into the characters all that much, and I didn't feel their connection all that much either. Did I get that they were hot for each other? Yes, but that wasn't the problem. I felt like we didn't experience the development of their feelings at all because there were a few time jumps during those times. The H's big secret reveal was kind of eye roll inducing, but I get that we needed something for a confl
Denisa
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh...

It was pretty boring, frankly. It had its good moments, true, but I expected a lot more. The reviews and the GR rating is awesome, so I wanted to find the "awesome" as well.

Ah well, hopefully next one is better!
Natalie The Biblioholic
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, erotic, romcom
This was one wacky, drama-filled, fun-having example of RomCom!

What I Liked:
❃ the camaraderie between the BFFs. Whitney (the main character), Lennon and Tahlia had an enviable friendship, filled with love, loyalty and laughter.
❃ the way the humor was injected into the story. It wasn't obvious. The phrasing of each scene is what brought the chuckles out and made it easy for me to imagine what was playing out from the words.
❃ everything that had to do with Cole! Although we don't get his POV, hi
Shannon Moore
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The beginning of this book did start out a big rough but be sure to stick with the story! I think part of it is honestly just two authors trying to find their jive as a duo while writing together. Once the hero and heroine met, I started enjoying this story more.

Lennon raises her glass and we all follow suit. “May we get what we want. May we get what we need. But may we never get what we deserve.”
We all laugh and clink our glasses together.

Now, what kind of fun is a book of it doesn't give
Liv ☾
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!

☾So let's just talk about how the title of this book is "The Bartender" and Cole isn't even a bartender¿ BUT it's all good here because he mine as well be! I read this book just in time for Valentines Day and am happy I did!

☾Cole Webber comes from a rich and wealthy family, meaning that he is expected to partake in the family business just like his brother. Too bad he has a passion for something else and can't seem to get his father to see things his way.

☾Cole meets little old Whitney
Denna✌
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read! It's safe, hot and pretty funny. I'm so ready for the next book and also I'm dying for Lennon's book!
Dilek VT
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sweet-romance
This is a sweet romance book.

The characters are cute, though not having enough depth. Still, they are OK.

There is low angst and very little drama.

This is the first book in the MODERN LOVE series and the next two books are about one of the friends of the main character Whitney (Whit) here in Book 1.

We meet Tahlia, the heroine in Book 2 and Lennon, the heroine in Book 3 here and if you want to read the other books in the series, my advice would be to start with this one.

The Bartender (he is no
Carmen Rae
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I completely adored this book. It was so well written and although it was mostly sweet it had the perfect amount of angst, drama and sex to keep me flipping the pages as fast as I could read them. I was hooked from the first page and I couldn’t get enough of the characters.

There was so much going on in this story but the authors wrote it so well that I never felt like I couldn’t keep track of it all. I was so intrigued to find out what had happened to lead them to where they were today that I s
Rejane
Feb 23, 2017 marked it as not-interested
Just the heroine's thoughts. No, thanks
See what I mean?
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 UNICORN CROWNS

The debut novel from Piper Rayne is light, quick, and fun, with a dash of steam. From the characters to the plot, it is enjoyable and will provide readers with entertainment from the first to the last page of the novel.

What is most enjoyable about this book are the three friends, Whit, Thalia, and Lennon. The friendship between these ladies, the support fr each other, and the humor among them is one of the best part of the book. Not only did it ma
Coco.V
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/20/2017)! 💝

Blurb:
From a secret duo of USA Today Bestselling Authors, comes the first COMPLETE STANDALONE in the Modern Love Series.

Well, no. Probably not in retrospect.

In my defense I had just moved back into my grandparent's house, I'd lost my dream job, and a guy on Tinder had stood me up. It was like life had suddenly stamped 'LOSER' on my forehead.

So when the guy behind the bar s
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
This wasn't what I expected, but still pretty awesome!!

First I thought huh that isn't what the blurb said, but the further I got the more it became clear. The blurb said from enemies to lovers, but my view on enemies is totally different from the authors. So enemies is taken a bit on the light side. But I get where they are coming from. In the beginning they say there is a prequel but they recommend reading this one before "The Brush-off" and now that I've read it. I can honestly say read this o
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, kelly, 2017-reads
The Bartender is entertaining and hilarious!

For those of you who love romantic comedies, then you'll easily enjoy this book. The character dynamic was very intriguing and relatable. The intense and realistic situations made the story very engaging; and the relationships between the characters brought a personable feel to the book.

But....in my honest opinion, for more than half the book, I just did not like the heroine's character. She came across as immature and blamed others for the poor decisi
Julia
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die story an sich hat mir gut gefallen aber es war mir doch etwas ZU klischeehaft.
Kiki
I just absolutely don't know how I feel! I think I may have fell asleep reading this book!!
So DNF?
Liesa
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die 3 Sterne sind für mich hier tatsächlich eher ein sehr positives Feedback, da ich mit dem Genre normalerweise wenig bis nichts anfangen kann. Mir war es hinten raus dann doch ein wenig zu viel Klischee, ich mochte die Figuren und den Schreibstil des Autorenduos aber dennoch sehr gern (man merkt überhaupt nicht, dass das Buch von zwei Personen geschrieben wurde) und werde den Folgeband auch noch lesen. Wer richtig pikante und detaillierte Szenen, in denen es richtig zur Sache geht nicht mag, s ...more
The Empire of Me
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unerwartet gut :) Band zwei ist direkt vorbestellt 😍
Jessica Alcazar
This book was a ton of fun to read. It was witty and sexy and really heartwarming when it needed to be. I loved Cole's character tremendously. He may have been labeled a man-whore, but he is anything but on the inside. And Whitney was so strong and sassy that I couldn't get enough!

The story is a little weird to call enemy to lovers because no one really hated each other. At least it didn't show in the story-line like that. Yes, they have history, but it wasn't a hateful past. I don't know, maybe
Caitlin
Apr 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
I swear to god I have no idea why I even bother reading trashy romance novels anymore. I swear 90% of them are based just on sex and no relationship at all is formed. I'm so over that. Why can't we romanticise a healthy relationship that has good communication as well as sex? That would be so much better than all of these books solely focused on sex.
Christina Pannell
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I loved Cole and Whitney. Even though she was so sure to judge. Sometimes that gets you into trouble.
This was a really good book
E.M. Summers
Title: The Bartender
Author: Piper Rayne
Series: Modern Love #1
Genre: contemporary erotic romance, humour
Themes: enemies to lovers
Heat: 3/5
Rating: 2/5

From the synopsis, this looked like it was going to be a steamy, hilarious romp, but unfortunately it left me feeling a little cold. Although the sex scenes were pretty enjoyable, including some atypical scenes for a contemporary erotic romance (titfuck, anyone?), I just didn't really get into this book. It didn't make me laugh; the most was a small
~Kristin~
3.5 Stars
This was a sweet rom-com story with little drama. It was like watching a cute chick flick, sometimes it nice to sink into this kind of book when life is a little hectic, like right now for me.
Anne
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 That was cute, fast, and fun. A palette cleanser in between books. But I liked the way the authors write. It felt.... Clean, for lack of a better term. The characters worked, the plot did too. Overall, well done. I'm in for book 2.
Beth
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Publication Date: January 30, 2017
Cliff Hanger: No

4 Stars

*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+

Synopsis:

Maddy's Reading
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god !! This book...I cannot get this book out of my head!! Mind-blowing and Superb!!
Well if you are a lover of romantic comedy novels and sassy heroines, you're gonna love this book!!
Firstly this is another mystery author duo (this seems to be a trend now) and this is their first book. The world they have built in this first story, I'm sure the remaining two are gonna be blockbusters as well.
So, Whit & Her bartender...
Whit has been having shitty luck lately and she's really feeling li
White Hot Reads
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock #UnicornCock

Now that I've gotten that out of the way and my giggles under control, I feel better! Welcome to my insane review of 'The Bartender' by Piper Rayne. First, I don't know who Piper and Rayne or Rayne and Piper or Piper Rayne are, but they are funny as sh!t! I laughed out loud, snorted and even wheezed while reading thi
Jelena Bosh
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous story. Read it within two sittings. A light romantic comedy with a soulful twist all the way through.

Cole is at the front door speaking with my grandpa and he turns his head and smiles at me when he hears me. And what a smile it is.

I swear I hear angels singing and the cloud part, casting sunlight all over him through the glass of the front door. This man is too much.

I was so addicted to the writing of Piper Rayne, the debut novel of a writing duo... The relationship between Whit and
Piper Rayne, or Piper and Rayne, whichever you prefer because we’re not one author, we’re two. Yep, you get two USA Today Bestselling authors for the price of one. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husb ...more
More about Piper Rayne

Modern Love (3 books)
  • Hooked by the Boxer (Modern Love, #2)
  • Mad About the Banker (Modern Love, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Lennon and I catch up for a few minutes while we wait for Tahlia to rejoin us.” 1 likes
“A small blush creeps into her cheeks.” 1 likes