Start by marking “Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy #1)

Raindrops on Roses

(Favorite Things Trilogy #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
From the internationally bestselling author of The Great Pretender comes the captivating first book of the Favorite Things Trilogy!

Love. Loss. Jealousy. Vengeance.
Passions are high but bitter vengeance gets even higher in this razor-sharp love triangle you'll never forget!

★☆★ Meet the Players ★☆★

Michael Frost—Drop dead gorgeous and not yet thirty, he's already suffered
Published September 2016 by Eye on Life Publications, Inc. (first published November 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Raindrops on Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raindrops on Roses

Roberta
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Frost meets the lovely Priscilla Bauer at her grandmother's funeral. Priscilla's grandmother was the legendary actress, Veronica Bauer, who left Hollywood at the peak of her popularity. Veronica and her husband, George, started the Favorite Things boutique hotels. Michael is attending Veronica's funeral since his family's business, Frosted Designs, has worked with the hotel chain for a long time.
Michael and Priscilla are instantly attracted to each other. Priscilla does not know that Mic
Millenia Black
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicole2112
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by this author!

This book is the first in the series and is incredibly addictive! I love the writing style and fast paced rhythm this book offers.

A tumultuous love story with highs and lows that we have come to expect from this author.

It's a wild ride and only book one in this series. I can't wait for the next one!

Tamara Philip
Millenia Black's Raindrops on Roses was a great read. I really liked Priscilla, I thought she was sweet and I would be her friend if she was a real person. I also really liked Amber, I understood her pain and confusion and even her desperation. The author wrote them Amber in particularly very well. The entire read was quite good but I truly hated Michael. I have never disliked a character as much as I hated this lead male. Priscilla deserved better and Amber, my God, did she deserve so much more ...more
Sally906
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Michael meets Cilla - they fall in love instantly and passionately. Trouble is Michael is still living with long time girlfriend Amber.

I didn't like Michael - I felt so sorry for Amber and can really understand what's driving her.

I really like Cilla - is not her fault.

Raindrops on Roses is very readable and enjoyable story. The fact I dislike the male lead and feel sorry for the antagonist shows how well the author has written her characters.

Looking forwards to see what happens the the next
Janis Glass
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Loved everything about it. I am only giving it 4 stars as the book was very short. I wish Authors would wait and combine 3 short books into 1. I would be willing to pay more for the finished story. As it is, I have to wait for the second book and by that time will have forgot what has happened.
Pamela
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved this book. Great suspense and romance. I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy to come out.
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a reviewer's copy of this book from Lola's Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

Raindrops and Roses starts out as a romance novel. We have the heroine who just lost her beloved grandmother, one who is a famous celebrity. The heroine meets the hero, whose father owns the company contracted by the heroine's grandmother. They have sex on the night of the funeral. The next day, the hero goes home to his fiance whom he has been with sin
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michael Frost & Priscilla Bauer met at her grandmother's funeral, which he's attending with his father, as their company has worked with Priscilla's family hotel chain for years. They have an instant connection, and neither can deny it, so they spend the night together. And even after, Michael & Priscilla are quickly falling for each other. There's just one huge issue, Michael is still with his high school sweetheart, Amber, and although he's been unhappy in the relationship for a cool m ...more
Heather Catlin
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an AMAZINGLY fabulous book..one that I could NOT put down and I cannot WAIT for the second book in the trilogy to come out. The characters suck you in and take hold of you and you keep thinking about them days after you're finished with the book.

Michael meets Priscilla whilst in the middle of his own mess of a relationship. Priscilla seems to be just as head over heels for Michael as he is for her. There's only one thing standing in their way...his current relationship, Amber. And she'
Justine
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this down. It's short and ends on a cliffhanger (you've been warned) and I've jumped right into book two! Michael isn't a bad guy, he just fell in love with Cilla and wants to be with her. Amber is too needy and volatile and I'm scared about what she'll do next! Great story.
Judy
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Totally fell in love with this story - rooting for Cilla and Michael. Amber is a nut!

Can't wait for book II.
Teri
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was totally floored by this book. I had no idea what was all started by Micheal would turn into such a crap storm. It is highly suspenseful and while Michael tries to play the innocent here he is far from innocent more like the major reason things go south and with a quickness. He will soon learn vengeance from a woman scorned is the worse kind there is. Love Cilla is a strong independent woman and for her and Michael the attraction is instant and mutual. When she finds out wha ...more
CJLuvsBooks!
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story intrigued me from the start and had me eager to find out what would happen next. Surprisingly, the character that intrigued and interested me the most wasn’t the hero or the heroine — it was Amber. Relationships and human emotions aren’t black and white. They are very complicated and at times irrational. I felt sorry for Amber. Don’t get me wrong - nothing excuses the crap she pulled, but it came from a very sad and desperate place. No one wants to be replaced, discarded, and rejected. ...more
Rob
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Millenia Black is another new author to me. I love reading a book by an author not known to me because there’s a kind of tension when I start reading because I really don’t know what I’m going to get. Will I enjoy the author’s style, the way they set out their book, the way they make the story flow?

I have to say I’m very impressed with Raindrops on Roses. Now I get that a love triangle isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if it’s done right, then you kind of accept the cheating.

For example….Michael
Darlene
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at http://www.peekingbetweenthepages.com...

Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black, releasing on November 18, is the first book in her Favorite Things Novella Trilogy and it’s an exciting start! There’s a love triangle, romance, betrayal, and a woman bent on revenge. This book comes in at about 140 pages which makes it just perfect for snuggling up by the fire or in your cozy chair and enjoying for a few hours.

Priscilla Bauer lives a good life due to a very hefty inheritance but t
R.C. Bean
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This book was an enjoyable emotion-filled romance drama. Veronica Bauer, the legendary and enigmatic Hollywood actor passes away, having started and run the Favorite Things group of boutique hotels. Veronica's funeral is where the two protagonists, Michael and Veronica's grand daughter, Priscilla meet each other. Although they are instantly drawn towards each other, Priscilla is blissfully unaware that Michael has b
Diana
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy #1)
By Millenia Black

This book has it all, Love, Loss Jealousy & Vengeance, I couldn’t put this book down.
This story is about a man who falls in love with someone else. Of course something like this happens quite regularly, but this isn’t an ordinary relationship.
Michael Frost, not married but in a long term relationship since high school.
Priscilla Bauer the Grief Stricken Granddaughter whose beloved and famous grandmother passes away. Leaving her
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Raindrops on Roses was an engaging, fast-paced read that I had trouble putting down. There are so many twists in turns; you do not know what is going to come next. Being that this book has fewer than 200 pages, it is easy to snuggle up on the couch with book and plow through it in one or two sittings.
One thing that I could not get past in the plot was that Michael cheated on his girlfriend of 10 years with Pricilla. That is one major thing that I do not like in books and I try to avoid. Somehow
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of Sex - 3 / 5
How Explicit - 3 / 5
Romance - 4 / 5
OVERALL - 4 / 5
Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black is a suspenseful novel that moves pretty quickly. I listened to the Audio book narrated by Sharon Lacey. I enjoyed the story but felt it moved a little too quickly for my liking... wishing the author stretched it out a little more. I liked the characters as well as the plot. FYI, there is some cheating and it ends in a cliffhanger.
Sherri Rosen
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just completed reading Millenia Black's "Raindrops on Roses"-Book One of the FAVORITE THINGS Trilogy.

The story grabbed me from the first page. And it's all about "what happens when the man you love falls in love with someone else?"
Many readers can identify with this!

I loved the story! Could not put the book down. Milennia is a great writer! I read it in 2 sittings and I look forward to reading her entire trilogy.

Sherri Rosen
Sherri Rosen Publicity Intl, NYC
Cheryl
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the first in a trilogy involving a love triangle that has intrigued me a great deal. I normally do not enjoy romances but Millenia Black has been entertaining me with her previous books and I look forward to the sequel's of this one.
Cassey
Jan 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really, really struggled to finish this book. The only reason I finished it, is because I got given a review copy.

Poor writing, insipid concept and characters, characters making decisions to forward the "story" instead of based on actual character motivations. Although, how can they make decisions based on character motivation when they're cardboard cutouts of people?

Seriously, faster than you can say huh a heavily grieving woman decides to just sleep with a random guy - okay, grief has people
Rachel Fuente
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
About 1/4 of the way in, I realized the entire premise is a love triangle involving a cheating boyfriend. I went back to check the book blurb, thinking maybe it was misleading, but nope! So clearly I was off my rocker the day I requested Raindrops on Roses, because I don’t care for books like that.

I absolutely despised Amber, and her mother, Julie, both for what they are, and as characters. I never like the “crazy (ex) girlfriend” cliche, and this book was no exception. I feel like every time ch
Allie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was extremely short so I am going to write an extremely short review for this as well.
This book was short yet it was addictive. The pace of the book was set in a perfect manner and I felt like I was able to enjoy this book. The characters were for the majority amazing and entreating. The plot went perfect with the world building however the only problem I had with this book was that it was combined with the others to make it one big book that you can read through compared to three smal
Blaise Ramsay
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was very interesting. I really liked how it started with the meeting of the two characters. Both already had such tough internal and external conflicts which really gave me the feeling that their eventual romance would struggle to get off the ground.
The book begins with the two characters engaging in a passionate night which ignites the fires of desire between the two of them. I like how it almost seems to work backwards in a way.
I really liked the twisted love triangle as well but alm
Winter Springs Book Club
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very suspenseful love triangle! Recommended!
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 3.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Frost goes to the funeral for Priscilla Bauer's famous grandmother. The two meet and there is instant chemistry. Unfortunately, Michael already has someone at home waiting for him. He is torn between what he should do and what he wants.

I have to say that by reading the synopsis for this book I thought it was a different story. This book started good until I found out about Amber. For me, it went downhill from there. I wouldn
Kathy Rouchelle
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure about this book. I was very well written with complex characters, however I found the storyline a bit slow and I could not stand the lead male character. The storyline begins as a romance, but once the cheating if found out and the real break up occurs, you just know that the ex-girlfriend will soon become a problem for him and his new love. Unfortunately you have to wait for the next book to see what happens next (which isn't a problem for me at all). I am in no way saying that thi ...more
Jen
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Michael Frost meets Priscilla Bauer at her grandmother's funeral. Priscilla's grandmother was the legendary actress, Veronica Bauer, who left Hollywood at the peak of her career. Veronica and her husband, George, went into hotel business something they both loved doing together.

Michael was attended Veronica's funeral since his family's business, Frosted Designs, has worked with the hotel chain for a long time.

Michael and Priscilla have this amazing connection to each other, as soon as Michael s
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Ash's Fire
  • The Dandelion Clock
  • Niko
  • His First His Second (Alicia Friend Investigation, #1)
  • The Demon of Histlewick Downs
  • If You Walked In My Shoes
  • This is Not a Fairy Tale: How I Found Love Online and Almost Lost My Mind
  • Boughs of Evergreen: A Holiday Anthology, Volume Two
  • A House of Light and Stone
  • Cry Love
  • Commitment
  • The Gatekeeper's Saga (Gatekeeper's Saga #1-6)
  • Mine Series Books 1 - 3
  • When the Drum Major Died
  • Take Your Pleasure Where You Find It
  • The Enchanted (The Bird Trilogy, #2)
  • Farther Than I Meant to Go, Longer Than I Meant to Stay
  • A-Gen (A-Gen, #1)
Bestselling author of the sizzling family dramas The Great Pretender, The Great Betrayal and the all new Favorite Things Trilogy! Book Three—When the Bee Stings—is on sale now!

Link Up with Millenia!

Facebook GroupJoin My Facebook Group
FacebookFacebook
Twitter Twitter
PinterestPinterest

Favorite Things Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blue Satin Sashes (Favorite Things Trilogy #2)
  • When the Bee Stings (Favorite Things Trilogy #3)