Start by marking “The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)” as Want to Read:
The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)

The Hollow Crown

(Kingfountain #4)

Following the downfall of a tyrant, years have passed in prosperity for the kingdom of Ceredigion. Now, as the time comes to celebrate the new king’s nuptials, the specter of a new enemy emerges to destroy all that has been painstakingly built in those years.

Tryneowy Kiskaddon has grown up learning military and diplomatic strategy from her father, one of the king’s closest
Published June 13th 2017 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about The Hollow Crown, please sign up.
Chandler Yes! The second half of Kingfountain ties in very heavily with the Muirwood series, and while it's not exactly necessary to read them, I would recomme…moreYes! The second half of Kingfountain ties in very heavily with the Muirwood series, and while it's not exactly necessary to read them, I would recommend it so that you can understand all of the references Wheeler makes. I, personally, really enjoyed both halves of the Muirwood series, and I would definitely suggest them if you are already a fan of Wheeler's works. (less)

Start your review of The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
Bibi
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended for fans of Throne of Glass

Yes, this book suffers from the crossover curse, in that the author has moved to the second generation while the reader has yet to relinquish their love for the primary characters. Notwithstanding, it was still a very good read.
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why do these books make me feel this way? I'm just reading along, everything is hunky dory and then BAM. It ends and I need a good cry. Wheeler does an excellent of job of making you care about his characters. He also puts them through hell and back which I think is what makes these books so emotional for me.

This book continues the Kingfountain series' Arthurian legend theme, with Owen's daughter Trynne being a reimagined Lancelot, the "King's Protector". Trynne, like her parents, is fountain bl
Shaline Lopez
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a spoiler-free review. I received an advance copy of The Hollow Crown via a Twitter giveaway from the author.

I am a big fan of the first three novels in the Kingfountain series. The world building is deep and immersive. The cultures found therein are varied, and while some appear based in reality they never feel like tropes. The magic system is unique, a rarity when it comes to fantasy novels, and the magic in the Kingfountain universe comes at a cost to the user. The characters are lov
BAM Endlessly Booked
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-have-read
I’d like to thank Jeff Wheeler, 47 North, and Netgalley for the free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.

This series continues to capture me through its covert connections to Medieval English history. This time we have a warrior queen similar to Bodicea and face painting with blue woad. These touches make this fantasy series so tantalizing to my mind.
In The Hollow Crown Wheeler allows the female characters to take the stage. Owen’s daughter is the lead, and she faces many trial
Anni
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this one ♥

In book 4 - 6, we meet the second Generation at Kingfountain, I really like Trynne as the new main Character and it's nice to see most of the characters from the former books as well :)
Chas
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This, the 4th book in the Kingfountain series, begins several years after book 3 had left off. We have the same main characters but are now focused more on the lives of their children. Trynne, Daughter of Owen and Sania, is a beautifully written character. I so often read stories where the female lead is dependent, whining or not as developed as she should be. I enjoyed her character and was pleased that she was just as likeable as her Fathers male character was in the previous books. I found my ...more
Katy
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been enjoying this series of YA books based on a retelling of the Arthurian Legends.
Alyssia Cooke
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
So the focus on the children just didn't quite work for me. Neither did the reliance on prophecy related tellings and Fountain given gifts to push the story along. For the first point, the children are simply not as interesting as their parents. None of their characters gripped me in the same way and made me feel as though I had to be part of their story. This is perhaps because having spent three books with the parents they are, quite understandably, the focus of my attention... but they are no ...more
Frank
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
No spoilers.
Book number four picks up approx. 12-14 years after the events of book three, creating a new arc in the series. Here we are presented with the children of the main characters we loved.
All is not well after the daughter, Tryneowy, of Owen Kiskaddon gets attacked by an unknown enemy, we realize that there is a force at work to bring down the kingdom and the world. Being the daughter of Owen she has grown up learning military strategy and diplomacy, and is also blessed with powers.
Can s
Caly ☯ Crazy Book Lady
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am loving that the author has continued the series with the second generation. So many times you have a series that you love and you wish you knew what happened to the characters after the story ends. In this case you get to find out.
Bill Tillman
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Be sure to read the "Author's Note" at the conclusion of the book. This is another great book with a secret heroine and a secret villain. So much of this tale is brilliant with an eye toward Arthurian legend. It has its own story to tell and takes no back seat to any other. I listened to the Audible version while reading it with wonderful narration. ...more
Nadine
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review may contain spoilers for the first three books in the series!

I love reading Jeff Wheeler's books because they make me feel comfortable and they never disappoint. I've read books 1-3 in the Kingfountain series a while ago (the first book being The Queen's Poisoner) and fell in love with Wheeler's storytelling. So when I saw that he continued this series I knew I would pick it up for sure eventually.

The story of the second trilogy focuses mainly on Trynne, the daughter of the first tr
Miriam
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for what I call a "fluff" book (one that you don't have to think about much and can usually finish in a couple of hours) then this isn't the book for you. If you want a book that will linger in your mind for days (or weeks) after you've finished it, and, when it's over make you feel as if you've spent time with a great friend then this IS the book for you.

I've been a fan of Jeff Wheeler for years. I was first captivated by his stories when I became friends with Lia in The Wre
Sean
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Received from Netgalley for honest read and review.
Another brilliant book in the Kingfountain series. I have loved the first three books and I was not sure if this would keep me entertained,but once again it was really entertaining and enjoyable.

Have already started the next one.

Recommend this one.
Michelle
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Bookish
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding.

The fourth book in The Kingfountain Series, ‘The Hollow Crown’ is another wonderful foray into the kingdom of Ceredigion and the surrounding lands.

This book changes the focus of the story from Owen Kiskaddon to his daughter, Tryneowy, and the reader is once again drawn into the intrigue and adventure of life among the noble families, wizrs, the fountain-blessed folk, and the villains who conspire against them. It is an exciting and enchanting tale in which the reader becomes deeply
The 4th book in this series jumps forward in time. The true heir is on the thrown, and we follow Trynne, Owen's fountain blessed daughter. She is smart and headstrong - very similar to Evie at that age - and wants to become a knight on the Wizr board instead of following her mother's footsteps as a Wizr. The realm, after years of relative peace, is faced with a new, more powerful threat from abroad. Trynne is charged with an important mission by the Fountain itself - she must become a knight and ...more
Deb Horn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to find a fourth volume in this series! Loving fantasy as I do, each of the books in the Kingfountain series has been a fun ride into total escapism! Starting with The King's Poisoner, we get to follow the Kiskadden family, especially Owen, through palace intrigue, war, peace, love, and the magic of The Fountain.
I can't wait for Book Five: The Silent Shield to be released on August 22. It's been pre-ordered, and on that day will magically appear for me to enjoy!
R.C. Matthews
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love books that are in a world familiar to us but offer a fresh and exciting new storyline. The Hollow Crown continues the saga of Kingfountain through the eyes of Trynne, the daughter of Owen and Sinia. We get to experience new worlds, noble and devious characters, and even bigger threats than in the first three books. What a ride. I love it.
Jacque
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yep! This series is definitely addictive! My whole family is listening to the series except Brent. The kids are enjoying them as much as me and keep telling me to listen faster. It was a little bit of a switch going from Owen being the main character to his daughter taking that spot. It is still engaging and a great story, it just took me a while to love Trynne like I love Owen.
Lesa Divine
Was okay. Wasn't as good as the first 3 books.
Following a new generation and a different charaters that could be why I felt it was meh.

Tryneow wants to be a soldier nor a wirs. She wants to save the King.
War is coming.
Betrayal is near.

Will continue on interested to see how the last few books go.
Bruce Dinsman
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, sir, I am well and truly caught. The epilogue just killed me. The true test of a series is that you keep them buying the next volume to find out what happens, and you charge more for the book which they gladly pay. This story never pauses, never sleeps and never lets up. Thank you, Jeff, for another riveting tale.
Ashley
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I enjoyed this new start of a trilogy. takes place many years after the first set, yet has some of the same people to help learn the new characters. love the King Arthur twist that is woven throughout the book. can't wait for #5! ...more
TJ
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5.0

I am in awe of how tightly written this entire series is. It's a clean, suspenseful ride without sinking into utter darkness.

This particular installment is both a continuation and a beginning. The world and characters spill over from the first three Kingfountain books but the characters are the next generation. And while the characters begin as young adults, they grow over the course of the books into adults so the experience is very rich and nuanced.
Blaire Hammond
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
EMOTIONS. THAT IS ALL.
Robyn Puffenbarger
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So fun!

Loved the first three in the series, enjoyed the Maid side story, now enjoying the romp with the Fountain in a new trilogy. Only sad I cannot have all three books right now.
Heather Roth
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My...brain hurts. I'm so sad. FINAL BOOK LET'S GO! ...more
Lynn
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book, A Must Read!

This is another awesome book in this series, which is so fascinating it could be made into movies. A must read if you love stories like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
Raquel
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful continuation of the Kingfountain series! This book was difficult to put down, but I found it somewhat less emotive than those before it.
K
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Hollow Crown - a return to the world I love.

Once upon a time, a beautiful, yet harried, mother of 3 found a book on Kindle Unlimited. It was about a 8 year-old boy named Owen Kiskaddon, who liked to make intricate designs with tiles, and his evil king. This twist on Richard III's tale immediately intrigued the woman, who promptly downloaded every book in the series. She fell in love with Owen, with Elysabeth Victoria Mortimer, and the mysterious magical land of Ceredigion.

The mother trav
Fantasy Buddy Reads: The Hollow Crown [July 25, 2020] 7 10 Jul 31, 2020 01:23PM

• The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • The Lore of the Evermen (Evermen Saga, #4)
  • Copper Chain (The Shifting Tides #3)
  • Iron Will (The Shifting Tides #4)
  • Golden Age (The Shifting Tides, #1)
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
  • Silver Road (The Shifting Tides #2)
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
  • The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • A World of Secrets (The Firewall Trilogy, #2)
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • Everafter Song (The Evermore Chronicles #3)
  • A Painted Goddess (A Fire Beneath the Skin, #3)
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles #1)
  • The Tattooed Duchess (A Fire Beneath the Skin, #2)
Jeff took an early retirement from his career at Intel in 2014 to become a full-time author. He is, most importantly, a husband and father, a devout member of his church, and is occasionally spotted roaming hills with oak trees and granite boulders in California or in any number of the state's majestic redwood groves. He is also one of the founders of Deep Magic: the E-zine of Clean Fantasy and Sc ...more

Kingfountain (6 books)
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)