Start by marking “Romancing the Wrong Twin (Romancing the..., #1)” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Wrong Twin (Romancing the..., #1)

Romancing the Wrong Twin

(Romancing the... #1)

How tangled can a romantic web get?

When gruff mountaineer Dominic Hartington-George seeks sponsorship for his latest expedition, his London PA insists on a more media-friendly profile—like dating celebrity supermodel Zeb Z.

Zeb can’t make the date, so he asks his identical twin, Aidan, to stand in for just one evening. Aidan, a struggling playwright, shuns the limelight to
ebook, Dreamspun Desires #21, 256 pages
Published November 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Wrong Twin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the Wrong Twin

Shile

I don't even know how to write a review for this was one, it was just ok.

The beginning was good and the book looked promising but then again it was just there!nothing happened.

I didn't really feel the connection between the MCs and the dialogue fell flat at times.

It was a good departure from my recent reads, i expected it to be more but it did not deliver.

There was just something missing.

description
Truuss
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
4,5 * Romancing the Wrong Twin by Clare London

Dominique/Dom is a grumpy bear. Climbing mountains, being in the nature is all what he wants.
Yet he needs money for his expedition and to gain it he has to date another gay celebrity as a promotion thing....

He hates domesticity that's why being in the mountains is the best for him.
For only the promotion he accepts a date with Zeb the sexy celebrity. So not his thing.

Only Zeb sends his twin brother Aidan instead. Aidan will play as he is Zeb.
Well th
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

**ZOMG** This is my gush face!
I loved every second of this sugary fluff. Loved the age-gap, the fieriness, fluff, and the British Boys.

I'm almost certain that this is my first Clare London book, I will definitely be reading more from her. This Dreamspun Desires series seems to be going one of two ways for me. Either I dislike them or love them. Ha, this is a good one. I do okay with fake relationship aspect. I think the author did a fabulous job on making the twins as nigh and day as
Amanda
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, m-m
This is the first time I read a book about mistaken identity. Well, I seen plenty in movies, but I wonder how will it works out here.

Aidan who is Zeb's twin, decided to help his supermodel brother to assume his identity and go on a date with a popular mountaineer, Dominic. Dominic is a non-nonsense, gruff and lack of social etiquette of a brute. The last thing he needs is to date a diva model for a PR stunt. But when he meet Zeb, who is in fact, Aidan, he didn't expect to be attracted to the ch
Pianka *call me PIU*
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

“Romancing the Wrong Twin” is a fun and sweet book with a serious case of deliberate mistaken identities. I had fun reading this story which is a little outrageous but entertaining.

Aidan
is a struggling playwright trying to make his mark in London theater. His efforts have not been successful in a long time but he has not lost hope. But hope does not help pay the bills and Aidan is in serious need of funds if he wants to keep his fridge stocked. When his twin, supermodel, Zeb Z asks hi
Lilia Ford
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was utterly charming: Sweet, funny, sexy. What I love about this series is how the books have fun with these far-fetched tropes, while grounding the stories with authentic, sympathetic character moments. Though the premise of how Dom and Aiden/Zeb get together is ridiculous, nothing could feel more realistic than their attraction and chemistry. Also, the modeling scene was priceless and I loved the London setting.

Bottom Line: winner.
CrabbyPatty
"Romancing the Wrong Twin" is the tale of a grumpy hairy mountaineer and a struggling playwright with a Harlequin-esque twist involving twins. Sure it's improbable but it's a delight to buy into the trope and enjoy this deliciously sexy story.

It's simple really - Dominic Hartington-George needs money to finance his mountaineering expedition to Eiger, and Aidan needs funds to support his struggling group of players. In order to raise his profile for potential investors, Dominic needs to be seen o
Daphne
Nov 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2016-books
This book was really awful, in my opinion. It was choppy, the characters were disconnected with stilted dialogue and awkward sex. The plot was nonsense and it read a little like a farce with random people popping up unrelated to anything. The MC's couldn't even be arsed to try to talk and work things out. I couldn't follow the big reveal scene (the mother coming out of nowhere?). It was not my cup of tea.
Sandra
Deliciously OTT (suspend your disbelief) shenanigans when one twin stands in for the other one, who happens to be a famous model, while pseudo-dating a gruff mountain climber for publicity and funding.

Dominic, the mountain man, is a mountain of a man, with lots of hair all over, which appeals quite a bit to Aidan, the non-famous twin, who's a struggling playwright doing his brother a huge favor.

Posing as Zeb Z., Aidan goes on one reluctant date that then turns into more dates, and slowly but sur
Lisa
Asked by his brother Zeb, to fill in for him on a date, Aiden meets the gruff Dominic, who is also going on the date for publicity and to drum up sponsorship.
Adien thinks he is going out with the real Zeb, supermodel and has no idea that it is in fact his twin.
Trouble is that the two get along really well and start to fall in love.
An interesting book which I liked well enough. I thought Dom took the reveal at the end of the book well.
A nice way to pass a couple of hours.
Tess
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

Serena Yates
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
‘Romancing the Wrong Twin’ attracted my attention because twins and the identity confusion they can cause fascinate me. Just imagining the potential chaos if someone fell for the “wrong” one had me look forward to reading this book, and since one twin is an outgoing model and the other a shy playwright, a major mess was sure to erupt. But when, in chapter one, I discovered exactly how gruff and anti-social mountaineer Dominic is, the man who is supposed to improve his image by dating famous mode ...more
Catherine
*** 3.75 Stars ***
Sara
4 Hearts

It’s no secret I am a hopeless romantic. I am in love with love. It’s also no secret that I adore the holy heck out of the Dreamspun Desire series and I am so addicted it could be scary if the stories weren’t so much fun.

This is definitely one of my favorites from the series and that is a tough thing to say. I love the series but when you have The Twin Switch trope then add in one gruff and grumpy bear of a mountaineer I am a goner for the pairing and this story was so much fun.

Dominic
Diverse
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read pretty much have read every Dreamspun Desires book in Dreamspinner Press’s series. There’s over 20 so far and Romancing the Wrong Twin is my favorite of this collection to date.

Clare London has written not just a terrific love story but an engaging and unique one. Sure, the twin thing has been written a hundred ways but Clare really made this her own.

Twins, one a super model the other a playwright. One well known the other not known at all. Zeb and Aiden are identical physically but me
Aerin
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I'm being generous giving this book 2 stars. That's all I'm gonna say...
Idamus
Seriously, I'm supposed to like these people? Nope. DNF
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
Holy Batman, I cannot even begin to explain how much I disliked this :-/. Gahhhh - money down the drain, because ARe doesn't refund :-/.
Helena Stone
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet and fun, almost angst-free, comedy of errors. Full review to follow.
Lyra
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm actually intensely surprised that I'm not rating this book higher than I am. You see, this book avoided the massively huge trap that I was basically convinced it was going to fall into: the trap wherein the knows-nothing-about-mountain-climbing-Aidan is converted by mountain-climbing-expert-Dominic into a mountain climbing fanatic who would scale impossible peaks with Dominic.

That didn't happen. Aidan knew about mountain climbing before he met Dominic (although he certainly wasn't on Dominic
Christine
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it

This was an alright read for me. I couldn't really get into the characters or the story line with any type of excitement. It just really didn't scream "I need to finish now" type of story even though I like Clare London's books quite a bit.
Wax
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, z-07-utc, own-have
Another solid contribution to the Dreamspun Desires line. The twin gambit really takes me back to the romance I read before. Definitely a bit of suspension of belief is needed, but the characters felt real. I wanted more to Aiden, though.
Tiuri
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gromance
This was sweet and funny with great characters and even better chemistry and did I mention sweet.
Mirjam
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm

“Do you want to check out my hairy credentials?”

When Dominic Hartington-George, rude, dominant, loud and blunty honest, is in desperate need for money to finance his mountaineering expedition to Eiger, his PA decides to get a sponsorship from a big outdoor company.
Aidan Vincent also in need of money for not only simply things for living like food, light and heat, but also to be able to break through with his playwright with his struggling group of theatre players, the Dreamweavers.
In order to
Lelyana
This is a feel good, low angst sweet romance. Kind of the one I like to read from time to time to lightened my mood after a bad book, or high angst book. And usually worked for me.
This one is no exceptional.
The title alone caught my interest, the wrong twin couldn't be so right to romance right?
Because, 'the wrong' one usually is 'the right' one for you. Ha! Am I right, or right?

Losing his finance to climb a mountain again, a celebrity mountaineer Dom, need a new funding to start climbing again
Joyfully Jay
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

Overall, I wasn’t too enamored of this book. London clearly puts a lot of effort into describing the characters, and the plot is well-crafted. For the first three-quarters of the book, I didn’t get the impression the action and behaviors of the various players was forced. That said, there were a couple of glaring inconsistencies. For example, once Aidan has to start interacting with people who think he is Zeb, Aidan begins to behave more assertively, with more co
Morgan  Skye
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed
This felt more “tongue in cheek” than some of the other Dreamspun Desires books. Both MCs felt a bit more like caricatures than authentic people, though they were fun and interesting.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t get to see more of the melding between the supposed model and the mountaineer – that definitely wasn’t the focus. Most of this was the banter between two pretty cantankerous individuals and then battling the paparazzi.

It’s very British and I love that! I also really liked the
Pjm12
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this opposite pair with more in common than they first thought. Gruff straight-down-the-line Dominic, and Aiden, dressed up as Zed, wanting to be himself, falling for the wrong boy. It's predictable romance, but really well written and a satisfying conclusion.

Enjoyable and fun.
Alex
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I really loved this story! Well done!
Ariel
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
The theater meets the mountain. This is a delightful Urban English Romance featuring a playwright and a mountaineer.

*Spoiler Alert*

Aiden is a struggling playwright and Zeb, his twin brother, is a fashion model. Aiden was promised that he could write and produce his own play but, at the last minute, they cancel on him. Being depressed and low on funds, his twin, Zeb, approachs Aiden to pose as him on a date with a mountaineer, Dominic.

Dominic follows in his father's footsteps and climbs mountain
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Tall, Dark, and Deported
  • Unstable Stud (Lexington Lovers, #1)
  • Ace in the Hole (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Taylor Maid
  • The Cattle Baron's Bogus Boyfriend
  • Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • A Full Plate
  • Undercover Boyfriend (One Fine Day, #1)
  • Forgive and Forget
  • Swann's Revenge
  • Trial by Fire
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Poppy's Secret
  • The Hockey Player's Heart (Hockey Hearts, #1)
  • Spring Fever (Holly Creek, #2)
  • Short Stay (Love Lessons, #3.5)
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while f ...more

Romancing the... (4 books)
  • Romancing the Ugly Duckling (Romancing the..., #2)
  • Romancing the Undercover Millionaire (Romancing the..., #3)
  • unknown book