Start by marking “Crown of Stars (Nightsong Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Stars (Nightsong Trilogy, #2)

Crown of Stars

(Nightsong Trilogy #2)

Rumors of witchcraft have haunted Margaret ever since she was born. A strange, dark-eyed child, she was feared and then shunned by her medieval English village after her mother’s brutal murder. When her father remarries, Margaret—now a young woman—realizes that she must leave the village for good.

Hundreds of years later, as fall comes to Manhattan, Katherine Emerson prays
Published June 6th 2017 by Harper Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Crown of Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crown of Stars

Talk Supe
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Well fuck, this is one of the strangest, most chilling series I've ever read!
Nancy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Usually I try to read books in a series (in this case a trilogy) in order. So, when I received Crown of Stars by Sophie Jaff to review; I immediately checked out the first novel Love is Red. That book was so intense and so exciting I couldn’t out it down and as much I like to also say you don’t need to read the books in order, in this case, I think you do.

Crown of Stars starts off a few months after Love is Red ends. Katherine has taken custody of her best friend’s son Lucas and all seems well.
George Black
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Stars is just as good as, or even better than, the first volume of Sophie Jaff's trilogy. It's a genre-bender (serial killer thriller? time-travel fantasy? supernatural horror story?), none of which I usually read. But I made an exception for these. They're total page-turners, the two main characters and their very different social milieu are convincingly drawn, and the plotting is tight and sharp - which is especially difficult to do when you're alternating between two parallel and the ...more
Lisa
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Stars is the second book in the Nightsong Trilogy. It can be read as a standalone, which I am thankful for since I have not read the first book. It is a mix of fantasy and psychological thriller and is a true good versus evil story. The plot shifts between Margaret in the 17th century and Katherine in the present.

Margaret is the daughter of a Traveler and has inherited supernatural gifts from her. The community is afraid of her and has shunned her. After her mother’s death, her father
Brittany
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one I couldn't put down. Chilling, suspenseful, full of psychological terror. This fantasy novel is a sequel, but not having read the first book, it was an excellent stand alone story. The tale is woven between seventeenth century Margaret and present day Katherine. Supernatural forces at work, both good and evil gave this a compelling and engrossing plot. Will definitely read the rest of the series. Thanks to Harper-Collins for an advanced readers copy.
Tricia
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work for me. The medieval story line was fell done, but it didn't add that much more depth to what we were told in "Love is Red". And, I felt the contemporary story line veered a little too much into the horror realm without really advancing the mythology in the world-building.
David
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Twists, turns, the past and the present in parallel peril. I had a hard time putting the book down, the story’s hold was so strong.
Leslie
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crown of Stars continues the story a few months after we left off in Love is Red. While it’s possible to read this one first, there is a lot of backstory that would be missed, so I recommend starting with the first book in this trilogy.

The story alternates between Katherine, in the present, and Margaret, hundreds of years ago in a medieval English village. Katherine is trying to rebuild her life after the horrible events of last summer when she was attacked and her roommate murdered. Her boyfrie
Jacqueline Dreyer
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Not as exciting as the first book "Love Is Red". I was confused some of the time but I would still recommend this book for people who read the first book of the trilogy.
MONICA DURAN S
Allison Amend
Jun 23, 2017

• HOSANNA
  • Song for Night
  • Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3)
  • The Captured Girl: A Novel of Survival During the Great Sioux War
  • Fallen Prince (Fallen Trilogy, #1)
  • Art and Artifice and Other Essays of Illusion
  • Dangerous Promise (The Protector, #1)
  • The Serpent's Crown: A Novel of Medieval Cyprus
  • Wherever She Goes
  • Grave Intent: Novel
  • The Wicked Cousin (Rockcliffe, #4)
  • Валькирия
  • What the Parrot Saw
  • Blackout (Sins of the Past)
  • Fourteen Stories, None of Them Are Yours: A Novel
  • Keep Me (Cyclone, #4)
  • Fourteen Days to Amazing Health: Success Strategies to Lose Weight, Reverse Diabetes, Improve Blood Pressure, Reduce Cholesterol, Reduce Medications, and Become Physically Fit and Mentally and Spiritually Energized
  • Fated Volition: The Sapphire Star Saga (Book 1)

Nightsong Trilogy (2 books)
  • Love Is Red (Nightsong Trilogy #1)