Start by marking “Already Comes Darkness (The Song of the Ash Tree, #3)” as Want to Read:
Already Comes Darkness (The Song of the Ash Tree, #3)

Already Comes Darkness

(The Song of the Ash Tree #3)

Treachery and betrayal have robbed Raef Skallagrim of everything except his life and a dying friend. Forced to flee from his ancestral hall while the man responsible for his father’s murder slips out of reach, Raef is hunted into the wildest corners of Vannheim. If he is to reclaim what he has lost before the gods and giants go to war and unleash destruction on the nine re ...more
Published February 23rd 2017 by Grass Crown Press

To ask other readers questions about Already Comes Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Already Comes Darkness

Jon Adams
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this trilogy*, and this was a most fitting conclusion. Well done.

*Obviously, I read the whole thing in 5 days or so.
Laura Hughes
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stunning conclusion to a phenomenal trilogy. If you haven't picked up this series yet, what are you waiting for?
Kristen
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full review is here, on my blog.

The last book left off with a situation that I could not see unresolved, and so I jumped right into this one and proceeded to read a quarter of it in one sitting. So, good start there. I’d explain what happens in this volume except that it would probably spoil what happened in the last volume at least on some level, so let’s just say that everything is coming to a head now. The seals between the nine realms are weakening, and as our characters travel, they find th
Jessica
I am definitely going to need to buy this entire series in paperback. Already Comes Darkness is a fitting end to an epic story. Grittier, darker and so much bloodier than the first two it was impossible not finish up and finally find out how/when or if the world ends.

So much bloodier and darker! Here's an example (I did change the quote a tiny bit so there wouldn't be any spoilers):

"When he had finished, Raef flung the axe to the ground, reached into the wound with his bare hands, and began to
Pierce
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the way you end a series. I'm still reeling from it. Beautiful. Moving. Since Robin Hobb ending FitzChivalry's journey, I don't think I've read a better ending. This needs to be on everyone's shelves.
Travis Peck
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you've made it this far into the action-packed Viking tale written by T.L. Greylock, then you should already be reading this one. This is the grand conclusion to the story of Raef Skallagrim and company and though I am sad that this series is over, it is a perfect ending to a great story.
I will sound like a broken record with this one (read my reviews of the first two books) but Greylock writes a fast-paced, action-packed book, rife with the flair of intrigue that only a Viking can manage. Bu
Erika
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! I loved this...couldn't put it down the last 75 pages! Great action, appealing characters...and the occasional Valkyrie, what more could you ask for! My only slight issue was that it had been quite a while since I read the previous books, so there were some moments when I could have used a tiny bit more to jog my memory regarding past events or minor characters. No other complaints! Extremely enjoyable read.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can there please be a higher rating than five stars?! This series was amazing from start to finish! <3
Logan
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars for the conclusion and this series as a whole. I felt like I was reading Homer's epic in novel form, oh and with lots of Viking vibes too. Full review later.
Ann
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! More great action and intrigue - a wonderful conclusion to the trilogy. But I will miss Raef, Siv, and Vakre!
Johan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adventure, darkness, and death. There is a huge scope to this story, but most of what happens seems more of a regular struggles between warring lords. I wish the end-game had been more connected to the general story. But, these were quite enjoyable books, and I think the author was daring in the narrative and the scope. At times too much was about the one hero (and seriously, all the women and little girls had to kiss him all the time!) but the supporting roles were very well rounded, and I wish ...more
Gabriel Osborne
Miriam Michalak
Oct 14, 2017
kcraig
Oct 06, 2017

T L Greylock's first series is The Song of the Ash Tree, a Norse saga featuring plenty of axes. She loves wild rice, Rafael Nadal's forehand, and driving on small, twisty roads. She also considers herself a baker of pies, but this is debatable.

The Song of the Ash Tree (3 books)
  • The Blood-Tainted Winter (The Song of the Ash Tree, #1)
  • The Hills of Home (The Song of the Ash Tree, #2)