Start by marking “Passion & Venom (Venom, #1)” as Want to Read:
Passion & Venom (Venom, #1)

Passion & Venom

(Venom #1)

Imagine this:
Your husband is murdered on your wedding day.
Your gown is soiled in his blood.
You are taken hostage...
Treated like a caged animal.
The man behind your husband's murder is revealed.
His name is Draco Molina.
Draco has power. Respect. Wealth.
He is a savage beast of a man - dominant in every way.
Soon after, he makes you an offer that you can't refuse.
All you have do
Published September 13th 2016 by Queen's Press, LLC (first published September 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Passion & Venom, please sign up.

Start your review of Passion & Venom (Venom, #1)
Bibi
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Spoilers**

The cover is excellent; really pulls you in and once in, the story clamps down on you. It's a dark, twisted, semi-psychological, and sinister book. If you have triggers about rape, torture, kidnapping or gruesome/gory murder scenes; then you may need to sit this out. If none of those triggers bothers you, then you are in for a fast, thoroughly engaging and thrilling story.

This is the story of Gianna Nicotera, daughter of a mob boss, newly married to a mob boss who was, within mere h
Clumsy Storyteller
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark books lovers
Okay, This was just Nasty but i love it, i'm sick i know :D! Lol.. Passion & Venom by Shanora Williams is unlike anything i have ever read, it is not for the faint-hearted, It is dark, twisted and GROSS! Jefe "Draco" is not your typical alpha male he's batshit crazy.

"i scalped his head myself. scooped the eyeballs out with a hot spoon cut off the skin with some of my best knives. had some of my men clean it down to the bone and then bring it back here."

Gina was kidnapped and her husband was s
Nenia ✨️ The Trash Empress ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🎃 Read for the Unapologetic Romance Readers Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge for the category of: a romance novel with a skull on the cover 🎃

I've read several mafia romances and so far all of them, without exception, have been incredibly stupid.

My expectations when I picked up PASSION & VENOM were low, but I needed a book with a skull on the cover for a Halloween challenge and it was free (and still is free as of 11/4) in the Kindle
Sara
This is the first book I'm reading from this author & I loved it.

Gia has suffered it all. With her parents already dead, her husband is shot right in front of her and she is kidnapped on her wedding day! You would think she has suffered it all but NO, she receives some more abuse & gets raped.

In my opinion I think Gia is a strong, stubborn heroine who always stands up for herself. She has a backbone which I really loved. One thing which I did not like was how quickly she got over her husband, I
Jacqueline's Reads
6 Dark, Twisted, YES! Stars

You know when you scroll through your Facebook Newsfeed and there are advertisements, well I saw one for Passion and Venom and I thought what the heck, let’s try it. I one clicked it, not knowing the storyline or the author, but only that the book would be dark.

When I started the book I knew within the first page I was going to love it. Right away I loved the writing style and I liked where the story was going. As I kept on reading, I kept on looking at my reading perc
Selene

I wasn't a fan of the writing style but I loved the heroine's resilient spirit. This story was fast-paced with a singular POV and included some gory scenes. The ending seemed very rushed but this was an okay read. I'm curious about how Gia will progress in book two.
Snow
Ohoho...

I actually liked this one, very much in fact!

It was dark, very raw, very vile, brutal and somehow alluring in the most deprived way possible...

Gianna Nicotera is a daughter of a crime lord yet protected and kept away from all the vile, cruel shit happening and yet she falls for a man from the same cloth of violence and death.

But on her wedding day, her husband is executed and she s been kidnapped and taken as a collateral to face the fate more gruesome and tragic...

When she's presented t
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
"Passion or venom? And you ask me what my choice is? The venom. Every. single. fucking. ounce of it."

This is the first book I've read by Shanora Williams and it definitely will not be my last. Where has she been all my life? I was poisoned, the venom kept me turning the pages. The passion made me hunger for more. An intense, dark ride from start to finish! I loved it. If you like mafia themed stories, anti-heroes, and fierce heroines. This is a must read.

You know the start, if you've read th
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Hulya by: Funda Demir
-3.5 stars-

Well, I liked it. It wasn't that bad but I read a lot of sick & twisted books and this one was a little bit light for me. 😜
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

{ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.}

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Venom & Passion
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level: 4
HEA: Not telling

Dark & gritty and only the beginning!!! Be ready to meet the Jefe!!! I am huge fan of this author and this dark and suspenseful read kept me glued to my seat!

Gianna thought she had her life planned. She had just married the love of her li
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3 “Passion or Venom” Stars.

With a powerful blurb and a stunning cover, Passion & Venom captured my attention the first moment I laid eyes on it.

Dark romances is a genre I really enjoy to read. So I was really excited about this one.

The Prologue was as captivating as the blurb. But then I started chapter one and it was like I was reading another story. It just didn't feel the same. The excitement I was feeling diminished the moment pee got involved. Yes, there was a lot of it in the first chapt
Paperback Princess
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I really don't know how to review this properly..I liked this book but for some reason that I can't put my finger on I feel like something was missing from this story. Comparing to Tainted Black and Doomsday Love which were excellent and I loved this one fell a little short for me.

With that being said this book is no way bad at all..the story was good with lots of action and sizzle. I always enjoy a good cartel type book and Draco Molina is the perfect mob boss " El Jefe". Hopefully the wait fo
crni biser
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Draco Molina,yo soy tu niñita description

m.
Aug 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 45%

I'm so sad about this because I was actually really, really excited about this book. The cover is what drew me in at first, because let's be honest: IT'S FUCKING STUNNING!! And the blurb sounded amazing!

So, yeah, I was really excited about this book but unfortunately, the writing was too weak in my opinion and didn't flow well. I couldn't connect with the characters, I felt like the story wasn't going anywhere and it's like nothing was actually happening...

So, I had to call this one a
TF
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
The blurb hinted that it was going to be a dark read but I didn’t really feel it was dark. The writing and attempt of gory and dark scenes were amateurishly done. It didn’t come across as authentic. The heroine’s attempt at bravado came off as just plain stupid, considering the situation she was in, and the hero’s attempt to appear fearful came off as contrived.

When I read a book, I like to feel the emotions the characters are experiencing and the writing felt mechanical and lackluster.
Laura Lee
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gianna---Just finished with the wedding of any woman's dream. Perfect wedding dress, Perfect location, Perfect wedding ring... As they are heading to celebrate their wedding with a honeymoon to the Perfect place, their car is ambushed....
Locked in a cell, Gianna's life has changed so much in such a little time.

Draco---The man behind it all. The man who is cruel beyond belief. Never cracks under pressure, holding that straight face at all times. Does he truly know who is being held in his cell?
RentasticReads
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH MY WOW, I cannot believe what I read. This book is so fucking twisted, messed up and so dark that I feel utterly corrupted and demoralized right now. But holy shit, as fucked up as I am at the moment, I freaking LOVED it. Every. Single. Moment. I couldn't stop flipping the pages, wanting so much more of it. The farther I dove into the book, the more intense and bloody it got. The plot, the characters, the emotions it'll draw out of you are so addictive that you'll get pulled in deeper and dee ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

It's explosive at best , a very violent start to what seems like a blood spattered and gruesome love story. Gianna Nicotera is a Mafia Princessa. Her father Lion Nicotera is the right hand man of Molina , who leads a ruthless cartel based in Mexico. Somehow Draco Molina sees Gia in a shooting range and her Green eyes shoot a bullet straight through his heart. He's done for, totally enamoured and sp
Katerina
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Gia - Kidnapped.
Toni - Gia's husband. Dead. Hit ordered by mob-boss Draco [Malfoy] joke, Draco Molina, a SOB.

Gia is one of those girls whose heart lives in her vagina. It thoroughly disappointed me despite all the false, show-like bravado she had going on.

“I am the woman with a wrath he should be afraid of.”

Lol.

“But Gianna Nicotera is here, and she is hungry for a massacre.”

Oh, honey, you so stupid.

I'm not calling on myself, but be one or the other. Smart or stupid. Knowledgeable or ignoran
Expresso
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
P&V is the first novel I've read by Williams and oh what a friggin intro! This story is like the Sopranos on steroids! I wasn't ready but DAGNABBIT I was NOT giving up my seat on the P&V train! The highest quality of writing, believable scenes and characters thanks to extensive character and scene development, and continuous "ermagad" moments is why this author is an"A-lister" in the literary world!

Poor Gia! She thought she was beginning her fairytale life with her new husband and BOOM! The unth
Ann
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Let's just take a minute to talk about this amazing cover.....it immediately grabbed my attention. This beautiful and dark cover fits this story perfectly. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this highly addictive story. This is my first book from this author. I read this book in one day because I could not put it down. It was dark, very dark and full of mystery. Certain parts of this book gave me the chills! Draco Molina, ahhhh!! I got so mad at him and then loved him a chapter later! He is ...more
Ari Reavis
DNF at 37%

I'm just so freaking bored. This guy is an a** and I'm over it.
Vickie
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I love this authors work so when I heard she was going to go darker I was so excited and Passion & Venom didn't disappoint.

Gianna's just got married to Antonio who's in the mafia. It's supposed to be the happiest day of her life, getting married to the man she loves. On their way to their honeymoon, their car is hijacked, resulting in Antonios murder and Giannas abduction. Thrown in a room with Ronaldo (who I need to know more about) Gianna still puts up a fight. She's out spoken to the point e
JESSICA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"But passion and hope have constantly fucked me over. This princess is ready to snatch up the big crown and become the one thing she was deathly afraid of. A queen. With veins full of venom and a heart full of ice. A queen who will no longer bow down, but have everyone else kneeling at her feet." ― Gianna Nicotera.

4 - Hauntingly Beautiful Cover Stars.

That moment when you stay up reading all night And realize you gotta take your kids to school in 3hrs. Lol.

This was a fast-paced, brutal, dark
Sally
Apr 20, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @20%

So, instead of introducing himself like any normal human being, this Draco guy decides to make a dramatic entrance by killing Gianna's fiancee (on their wedding day) and having her kidnapped by thugs who pee on people...

That entire scene could've been avoided really.
Angie
Sep 24, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF @ 15%. Her captors just (view spoiler) I don't know if I can handle more. Lol. ...more
★Because Book Boyfriends★

description

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dark romance (as you may know if you read my reviews and such) and I have to say, Passion & Venom was just a perfect example of this genre to me!
description

Make no mistake; This is a DARK READ! There is (view spoiler). It is 100% a dark and gritty Mafia Romance and I loved it from start to finish!

This story is told from the heroine, Gianna Nicotera's, POV and each chapter records basically 1 day's events. I generally
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
“I accepted my fate. There is no turning back now.”

Let’s start off with this review stating that this book is dark. It’s gritty and down-right sexy! I have been a huge fan of Shanora’s writing, and this one was just as good, No even better. A must read!

I did have trouble liking Draco in the beginning. But by the end I couldn’t help but love the bastard! He is a handful, and bad to the bone!

You have been warned!
Read at your own risk.

Gianna Ricci.
Married to a man she loves.
Life couldn’t be m
Michelle Taylor
Oct 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 37%

Unfortunately, an amazing cover and captivating blurb was all that impressed me from Passion & Venom. Oh, and the prologue!

I received an ARC for this book and started reading right away. Sadly, I found myself very turned off for two main reasons. I admittedly wanted to DNF this book at 14% but decided to "sleep on it" and pick it up the next day. After this happened a few more times, I found myself purposely not going back to it, wondering "What the fuck will happen next?" and not in a
Charu
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
This read a lot like a wattpad book for me. There wasn't a lot of progress in the story, at least not enough to suffice it as a single book.

It is dark. Extremely dark. But it isn't hard to get through. Except maybe the last straw, that was probably the most disturbing to read.

Draco, this guy must have gone through some real crap to behave like he does. But then again, having no clue how the mafia functions, I guess he isn't too bad. But several times in the book, I just couldn't deal with his se

• Loving Mr. Cane (Cane, #3)
  • Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane, #2)
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Being Mrs. Cane (Cane, #3.5)
  • The Comeback (Beware, #2)
  • Beware (Beware, #1)
  • Tainted Black (Tainted Black, #1)
  • Untainted (Tainted Black, #2)
  • Dubious (The Loan Shark Duet, #1)
  • Bad For Me
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Grieved Loss (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #3)
  • The Rise of Saint
  • Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • The Fall of Sin

Venom (3 books)
  • Venom & Ecstasy (Venom, #2)
  • Venom & Glory (Venom, #3)