Start by marking “Weber's Big Book of Grilling” as Want to Read:
Weber's Big Book of Grilling

Weber's Big Book of Grilling

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  403 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Building on the success of Weber's Art of the Grill, this cookbook is destined to become a sauce-stained classic. Includes 350 tasty and reliable recipes guaranteed to turn anyone into a barbecue champion. 133 color photos.
Published March 1st 2001 by Chronicle Books (CA)

To ask other readers questions about Weber's Big Book of Grilling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weber's Big Book of Grilling

Katies_Faves
Dec 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Looking to grill some food, but not quite sure how to do it? Then this is the book for you?

Already know how to grill, but looking for some great new recipes? Then this is the book for you too!

This has recipes for every vegetable you can buy in the U.S., all different types of meat (the recipe for the disappearing pork is worth the book alone!); and even includes dessert recipes.

If you like to go gourmet while camping - this is a great book for you as well.

I love this book. And I thought the st
James
May 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Just the basics, ma'am. This book is certainly thorough, if a little conservative. There are marinades, for example, using orange juice but none using any of the many Korean sauces.

It's got recipes and cooking tips on everything from the red meats, to poultry, to seafood and vegetables. I found the seafood particularly helpful since I always have trouble with that.

There are also many useful tips on maintenance and equipment. The advice and recipes are non-denominational (i.e., applies to gas, ch
Julie Davis
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have so many cookbooks and have either never used them (though I have read them all) or only tried a recipe or two. This year my personal cooking challenge is to use a different cookbook every week for a couple of new recipes. I have begun with this one. Last night's Mesquite Port Steaks with Ancho Chile BBQ Sauce was nothing short of amazing. Wow. A great end to the year, foodwise! Tonight: Moroccan Lamb in Pita ... with a yogurt sauce containing fresh dill, mint, red onion, and lime juice.
Joe
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The BEST GRILLING BOOK for starting out. I still like this one better than the follow up book Real Grilling.

This is a keeper!

Don't start on me about gas grilling you might as well put it in the oven or give the meat you cook on it to your dog! Get a Weber and use Charwood. It's the only way to grill.
Karen
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
The dry rub for the Kansas City-Style Spareribs and this cooking technique resulted in delicious ribs. (I did not make the sauce, but used a favorite prepared sauce instead.) Of course I am a Kansas City girl! I do live in St. Louis, though, so I used St. Louis style cut of ribs.
John
Jun 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If you have a Weber gril you have to get this book.
If you follow the grilling instructions all meats are perfectly cooked.
I thought I knew how to cook a steak until I got this book. Some great marinades and rubs.
Julie Hedlund
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, cookbooks
I have to bow down to this book as the best grilling book EVER. We've tried many of the recipes and never been disappointed. Plus, it's entertaining to read with great pictures. Can't ask for much more than that.
Pierre
Jul 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Interesting read from the Weber bbq people, with lots of counter-intuitive advice: always grill with the top on and don't bother with two level zones. Otherwise, lots of good solid advice.
Andrea
May 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Grillers
Shelves: non-fiction
Not only does this book have a lot of recipes, but it has grilling theory and history as well. It's a little Weber-centric, but not rudely so. If you could have just one grilling book, this is it!
Stefanie
Feb 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Best grilling cookbook ever! Everything we've tried from this is not just good, but FANTASTIC! A MUST for the serious griller.
Courtney Maxie
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Want to know how to grill your Tday Bird? It's in here!
Also check out grilled figs and grilled strawberries...all I can say is 'YUM!'
Greg Ehrhardt
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The bible on weber grilling.
Keith Bowerman
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
INVALUBABLE resource. I refer to this often. What makes this a fun read beyond the brilliant recipes is the anecdotes from old timey Weber salesmen and their exploits. HIGHEST recommendation.
Tyler
Apr 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: culinary
These are very do-able recipes, many are keepers that are worth doing over and over again. Some are just alright, but on the whole, if you grill a lot it is worth having.
Lori
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
the only manual/ cookbook you need for anything on the grill. period.
Patrick McFarland
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought I knew something about grilling until I read this book. Over the years the tips and tricks have made for many successful barbecue outings. An invaluable resource.
Kara
Mar 15, 2017
Robert Berardino
Jan 02, 2015
Jane
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2013
Zach
Sep 19, 2016
Kristin
Sep 12, 2014
  • Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades, Bastes, Butters, and Glazes
  • Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook
  • The Minimalist Cooks at Home: Recipes That Give You More Flavor from Fewer Ingredients in Less Time
  • Luscious Lemon Desserts
  • In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah's Favorite Recipes
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads & Extras
  • Semi-Homemade: Cooking
  • Marcella's Italian Kitchen
  • Smoke & Spice, Revised: Cooking with Smoke, the Real Way to Barbecue
  • Cook's Illustrated Guide to Grilling & Barbecue
  • The Provence Cookbook
  • The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook: Eating Well for Better Health
  • The German Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Mastering Authentic German Cooking
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • Italian Grill