Start by marking “Hazel Darling: Sweetest Sister (The Ladies of Pistol Fanny's, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Hazel Darling: Sweetest Sister (The Ladies of Pistol Fanny's, Book 1)

Hazel Darling: Sweetest Sister (The Ladies of Pistol Fanny's, Book 1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A pinch of a sordid past.

A dash of vices.

A heaping handful of sisters.

A bit of faith.

And a lot of baking.

Stir it all together somewhere new, somewhere like Carmel, California.

Hazel Little Darling is hoping this is a recipe for a new start. Hazel is banking on a life full of flour, sugar, butter, and fairy tales to make all her dreams come true. A life far removed from
ebook
Published December 14th 2016 by Annie Rose Welch

To ask other readers questions about Hazel Darling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hazel Darling

DJ Sakata
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: womens-fiction
Favorite Quotes:

Have you ever had to turn over a new leaf, Stranger? Or as my Uncle Hennessey likes to say, 'turn your life upside down like a snow globe, just to see if you like the way the white pieces land better than they did before.' I think what he really means is, if you don't like the way your life is going, you have to shake it up a bit. And that's what I'm doin' here. Just shaking my snow globe.

... one of Tobias's great aunts, paternal side, struck up a conversation with her. It was pl
Babs
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hazel is looking for a bran new start. She gets away from her sisters and gives up a lot of things. She meets Tobias a total stranger and artist. Things get difficult and confusing for the Hazel. Can she move away from her past and who will be part of her future. Is it sure opposites attract?

The story was a great read I liked finding out what was going to happen to both Hazel and Tobias. Would they grow and move forward.

The characters are great and you want to see what happens.
Stephanie
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love anything that Annie Rose Welch writes. She has a magical way about her writing style and descriptions. Her characters are always colorful and out of the ordinary!

Hazel Darling is the first of the sisters to be highlighted from the Pistol Fanny's ~ Hank & Delilah book. She needs an escape and for good reason.

Wine&BookLover42
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Hazel Darling: Sweetest Sister
The Ladies of Pistol Fanny’s
By: Annie Rose Welch
I was asked by the author or publisher to give an honest review of this book.
I give this one only 3 tiaras:

I really couldn’t get into this book. I tried a couple of times and just couldn’t get into the way that it was written. Sometimes, a book and a reader just don’t mesh and this one just wasn’t for me. But it may be something that others love. Happy Reading!
Ki
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, own
This was the second book in the Pistol Fanny series and I thought it was great. Some may say that you should read it in order but this could be read as a standalone whether you have read the first book or not. It still presented the story of their past perfectly for you to follow and just leaves you more intrigued to know the stories and background of all the other sisters in the series. So each sister will get their own story told finding their own, new start at life.

This story is of the sweet
Irene
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
At first the book was a little confusing. It seemed a story was being told about a family of sisters. It seemed more like a folklore than anything. Then it cut to a big family gathering. It listed the whole group. I had to re-read who was who twice because I was confused. Once I caught on what character what who, the story kind of fell into place.
Hazel one of the many sisters in the said story had an angel and devil on her shoulder. I guess in the Pistol Fanny's book you meet all the sisters. T
Christy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good read that I did enjoy; I liked the main characters and enjoyed their interaction with each other from the start. Hazel maybe put a little too much pressure on the whole thing to match something she had read from a book, but eventually lightens up and decides to go with it.

The interaction between Hazel and Tobias is very nice to read, and this romance moves at the pace that I feel an honest romance would. I enjoyed the writing and the story as a whole.

Drawbacks - while it indicate
Annamaria
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Sweet Stars! Hazel is hoping for a fresh start and to get away from the secrets of her past. Tobias and Hazel meet and in that one short meeting they have a deep connection so deep that Hazel swears he must know her. Will Hazel's past catch up with her and steal what possibly could be her bright future? Ms. Welch writes a story that will pull at your heartstrings. I fell in love with Hazel, Tobias and I felt all their emotions as I read the story. I was engaged from the first chapter and cou ...more
Cheri
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was attracted to this book by the title, my grandmother's name. The sisters and relatives in this sweet love story about life changes are wacky wonderful people. Right away you will realize you are in for a treat with the dialogue and the outrageous actions of them all. The meals will make your mouth water, the tempers, actions, and communication will make you gasp and or laugh. This is a unique story and will tickle your responses as you continue reading.

Can she change her life, separate fro
Petula
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you have not read Pistol Fanny, you must make sure you read from the very beginning of this one. Not just from chapter one. If you don't, you won't know why Hazel is a little crazy, or why she needs to start a new life.
This is a complicated, but very sweet romance. Our heroine is desperate to live a "good" life. Things the rest of us take as normal are unusual for her. Her sisters have been her whole world, now she needs something more.
Our hero is a successful artist who has just found a ne
Angelle
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hazel's needs to start over and for good reason. Quite by chance, she meets Tobias who is escaping his own life. They instantly connect but Tobias has no idea what to do with her since she is like no other woman he has ever met. Should he keep her or let her go, the real question is .. Can he keep her?! Hazel's story is funny and sad with a side of romance.
This story is unique and full of colorful characters, so different from anything else out there. Ms Welch can weave a story line like no one
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
a little confusing at the beginning, but a sweet story
books are love
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Books are love
Have you ever just picked up a book and wanted to share the joy it brought you. This is my world of books that have brought me joy. Books I would love to share and hear what is thought by others. The books presented will be from many genres- whatever...
Latest Tweets
wow just wow.That ending @Jenn_Michael44 put together there are no words.not expecting that what a mind game.So goo… https://t.co/EC05dB8Xd4

SEARCH BY TAG

May 05, 2017
Crissy Terrio
Sep 20, 2017
Annie Welch
Sep 13, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelley
Nikolina
Alyce
Missy
Jan 18, 2017
Born and raised in New Orleans, Annie has a habit of shortening her words and telling long stories. She speaks with a southern flair and cooks with it too. At the tender age of twenty- one, she hitched up her wagons (took her first plane ride) and moved out west to the big shake (California). Her passion for writing began one sleepless night when she imagined a gorgeous woman and a man with maniac ...more
More about Annie Rose Welch