Start by marking “You Will Pay” as Want to Read:
You Will Pay

You Will Pay

In a fast-paced, brilliantly twisted novel of suspense from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lisa Jackson, the deadly secrets of a long-ago summer stir to life once more.

It starts as a prank—a way to blow off steam after a long summer at Camp Horseshoe. Among the teen counselors, tensions and hormones are running high. No wonder the others agree when Jo-Beth Chancellor
Published May 30th 2017 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about You Will Pay, please sign up.

Start your review of You Will Pay
Deanna
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

3.5 Stars

Over the years I've read few of Lisa Jackson's books and have really enjoyed them. YOU WILL PAY is a stand-alone novel that revolves around a religious summer camp and a fateful summer where four people went missing. Twenty years later after new evidence is found, the case is re-opened.

Twenty years ago Camp Horseshoe closed after two of the teenage camps counselors went missing. At the same time a worker from the Ca
Monnie
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sex, lies and yes, even videotapes - the stuff of which soap operas are made - all come together in coastal small-town Oregon in this rather lusty novel. Murder? Check. Incest? Check. Throw in an Elmer Gantry-like leader of a summer camp for teenagers that's been closed for two decades, and you've got a solid start to your summer beach reading.

Camp Horseshoe closed after two of the still-teenage female counselors, a hired hand and a convict who escaped from a nearby prison went missing. Now - 20
Linda Strong
3.5 Stars

It started with 19 teen counselors at Camp Horseshoe, owned and operated by Rev. Jeremiah Dalton and his second wife, Naomi. Two of the counselors go missing and are never seen again. One of the workers, Clint, also disappears. And to top it off, an escaped prisoner seen in the area also disappeared.

It is now 20 years later and a partial skull is found. Who does it belong to?

That's what Detective Lucas Dalton (son of Jeremiah) and his partner wants to know. It doesn't help that Lucas a
Chloe
You Will Pay is the latest mystery novel by Lisa Jackson. Camp Horseshoe is a religious summer camp run by the preacher Jeremiah and his wife Naomi. The camp shuts down after one fateful night when two teen counselors Ellie and Monica disappear and another is seriously injured. After twenty years the remains of a body is discovered and all the counselors get back together to get their stories straight. The book goes back and forth between the present and past unfolding the secrets the teenagers ...more
Debbie
Jun 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was my first Lisa Jackson novel. Unfortunately, I found the jacket blurb to be misleading and the characters’ motives unbelievable. After finishing it, I was disappointed at first. Upon second reflection, I’m a little bitter that I wasted my time reading it.

The following list illustrates some of the problems:

a) this was a mystery, not a thrilling suspense (or romantic suspense as Lisa Jackson’s website refers).

****spoilers****
b) the chapters with Monica’s POV did not correspond with what w
Katherine
”I will hurt you for this. I don’t know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you’ll know the debt is paid.”

Well, this is not a book Aunt Patty will be picking for her church book club, that’s for sure.

Lord, have mercy on this book. It knows not what it does.

Praise the Lord!! It’s time for church camp!! There’s nothing more Christian than sticking a bunch of horny ass teenager camp coun
Judy
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Lisa Jackson novel, and I enjoyed it. This is a murder mystery set mainly at a church camp in Oregon. The story is narrated by various camp counselors who were at the camp twenty years ago. Two girls from the camp, a camp employee, and a prison escapee all disappear during the same week and the cases were never solved. Now the cold cases are reopened when a skull is found. Going back and forth between now and twenty years ago did not detract from the story but rather helped place the ch ...more
Cheri
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I see there are many low star reviews for this book. There are a few high star as well. I give it a 4 star rating because I enjoyed reading it. I will confess that the beginning was very slow. There are multiple characters and sometimes are to keep up. The 2nd half of this book was of the hook for me. I loved the premise of the story. Lots of twists and turns in the last half Some WTH moments. To each his own but I loved it :)
sandro898
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die Geschichte erinnert stark an Pretty little liars
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Thoughts:

Too many characters providing their perspective on the same set of events first in the past and then again in the present which is repetitive but also until the very end of the book doesn't include any pertinent facts.

At the very end of the story it finally gets interesting but then it's a rush to the end and it's over. The last 10% was fairly good but it was a struggle to get there.

If you've read enough of these types of books you can guess some of the twists, although there really wer
Sherri Thacker
This is my 5th book I’ve read by Lisa Jackson. All of her other ones I’ve read, I’ve given them 4-5 stars. This book grabbed me from the get go! Each chapter is told from a different persons point of view but it was easy to follow the storyline. It started to drag for me about 1/2 way through. But then at about 78%, i just could not put it down (my kindle). It was action packed till the end. I’m giving this 4 stars since I found myself at times skimming through parts but I did enjoy it.
Chloe
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Yellagirlgc
It was just a little too long and drawn out at the end. But the beginning and middle saved it. 3 out of 5 stars.

I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest opinion.
Lana
Jun 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Jammin Jenny
I really loved this story set in Oregon (for the most part) and on the Pacific Coast. The story goes back and forth starting at Camp Horseshoe in Oregon, and then 20 years in the future. It revolves around nine girl camp counselors, two of whom disappeared 20 years ago, and some of the boy camp counselors and workers who were there at the time. I loved how the author took us back and forth in time, and the characters were so well developed.
Ashley Gillan
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a new standalone novel, Lisa Jackson creates a fascinating mystery, anchored in the past, with reverberations in the present. It's another winner from Jackson, though not quite one of my favorites (though that's a tall order, because her books are generally very good).

Twenty years ago, a group of young people were thrown together at a Christian summer camp. As expected hormones and bad behavior raged, culminating in the disappearance of three of the camp's young employees. Now, as a set of bo
Abby Slater- Fairbrother
The novel revolves around one summer at Camp Horseshoe twenty years ago. The location of a Christian summer camp, set deep in the Oregon woods sets the scene immediately. The cast of characters, is mostly the teens who stayed there the fateful summer two teenagers went missing, never to be seen again…..

The chapters flip between then and now. There are a wealth of characters, which may at times be confusing but also generates various perspectives. It certainly keeps the reader on their toes.
In t
Zoe
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

Dark, complex, and extremely suspenseful!

This is an action-packed novel that delves into how manipulative, oppressive and malicious teens can truly be and the extent to which they will go to try to fit in.

It is, ultimately, a story about secrets, friendship, coming-of-age, obsession, jealousy, adultery and murder.

The writing is well done. The characters are cunning, selfish and deceptive. And the plot is written in an alluring past/present, back-and-forth style that unravels piece-by p
Donna
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story opens in Cape Horsehoe, a summer camp near the Oregon coast, as a teenager in a nightgown looks over a cliff at the water below. She decides not to jump but someone from behind gives her a push over the edge. Fast forward twenty years. We learn that 2 camp counselors disappeared at the same time as a ranch hand and no bodies were ever found. An escaped convict was in the area and he was never located. Did he kill everyone?

A skull is found at a cavern nearby. Lucas, son of the man who
Carol
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just want to go on record to say how much I hate giving a less than stellar review to a long time favorite author. It sounds from the description that this would be another good one by this author...however I think Lisa Jackson must have been on vacation and this was written by a ghost writer. The first part of this book was like watching paint dry. No action to speak of...and no suspense. Each new character reviews the story from the viewpoint of the main character in the chapter. Same thing ...more
Kari
Aug 25, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I got about 50% of the way through the book and gave up. Literally, nothing happened. It was halfway through the book and the characters were still not back into the town they had been asked to go back to after the bones on the beach were found. It waffled between past and present in multiple perspectives. It was confusing whose perspective I was getting. I wanted to love this one, but I couldn't take it any more.

Jeanne
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this story flipped back and forth between the past (20 years ago) and the present, the suspense was so high that you really didn't notice the time changes. Interesting resolution to the 20-year-old mystery. Interesting . . . 7 out of 10.
Hannah
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

You Will Pay is a stand alone (as far as I know) book by Lisa Jackson. I'm big on Lisa Jackson, I have read a bunch of her older stuff. You Will Pay reminds me of a couple of things the video game, Until Dawn, and the movie, I Know What You Did Last Summer. (it's way better then the movie but the video game is so good it's hard to compete with it.) The main difference between these two and this book is that revenge is a dish best served cold, very cold, twenty years cold. It is very c
Michelle
My thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books for an ARC of “You Will Pay” by Lisa Jackson, in exchange for an honest review.

Twenty years ago in a sleepy coastal town in Oregon, a group of wild teenagers were working as counselors at a church camp run by Lucas’ father, a reverend. Among the teens was Lucas’ girlfriend, Elle, and Bernadette, the girl who had him mesmerized. Then, a male camp employee, Elle, another female counselor, and a murderous prison escapee all disappeared within a week of ea
Janet Robel
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo good! Pulls you in from the start and keeps your attention. Switching characters from the past and to the present keeps the reader entertained and curious as to what's happening. I love the twists and surprises toward the end. I'm never able to figure it out. Ms. Jackson is one author who is always on my must-buy list. Her writing is outstanding and always gives me chills. It's the perfect bedtime reading for me.
Laura Rash
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Lisa Jackson can spin a tale that keeps you interested from beginning to end. Loved the alternating time periods & characters which kept the story fresh. The ending was a rivulet of information that brought it to a steaming halt!
I won this copy on Goodreads in exchange for review.
Tanyam
Jun 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a waste of time. It's about half of a star. Weak plot, characters too stereotyped, weird writing in places.
Lisa
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"A riveting and intricately woven novel of suspense surrounding two missing teenage counselors at a summer camp "

SUMMARY
Camp Horseshoe is close now. It's closed 20 years ago when two of the female counselors, Elle Brady and Monica O' Neal went missing on two separate days. One of the male counselors had also been stabbed in the back. Everyone believes an escape prison convict was responsible. But the convict has never been found, and there has been no evidence of the missing girls or the stabbin
Kristine
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Kensington via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

You Will Pay tells the story of a summer at Camp Horseshoe. There were a bunch of live in teenage counsellors with secrets, that hooked up and played pranks but it was also the summer that two of the girls disappeared as well as a camp hand and an escaped convict. Flash forward twenty years with the discovery of
Alasandra Alawine
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
The constant flipping between past and present was annoying.

20 years ago 3 people disappeared from a Christian Youth Camp. The two counselors were young girls who were pregnant, and Dusty Peters was a drifter hired to work at the camp.

The book begins with Elle contemplating throwing herself off a cliff due to her pregnancy but then changing her mind and someone pushing her, but after her "death" people continued to catch site of her

Monica, was sleeping with Jo-Beth's boyfriend Tyler and claimed

• Jealousy
  • Look For Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #9)
  • Dangerous Behavior
  • Bad Things
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • Vendetta (Catherine Ling, #5)
  • Double Blind (Kendra Michaels, #6)
  • The Killing Game (Nowhere, #5)
  • Nowhere Safe (Nowhere, #3)
  • Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters #25)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • The Boy (Broussard and Fourcade, #2)
  • Tailspin
  • Enigma (FBI Thriller, #21)
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
  • Outfox
  • Dark Tribute (Eve Duncan, #24)
  • Unseen (Colony, #2)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio