Start by marking “Billion Dollar Bet (Maple Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Billion Dollar Bet (Maple Springs, #1)

Billion Dollar Bet

(Maple Springs #1)

What would you bet for a chance at true love?
Hopeless romantic Kian Bellevue can’t help falling for the wrong guys. Maybe it’s because he lost his parents so young, maybe it’s just his caring nature, but he can’t stop diving in when he should be heading for the hills. And just when he decides to swear off guys for the summer, he meets drop-dead gorgeous Jack Thorsen, who migh
Published September 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Billion Dollar Bet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billion Dollar Bet

Mike Oaks
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Life Changes

This is a Cute story to help cleanse your palate. Likable characters who don’t stray outside their lane. I’m looking forward to the other books in this series. Don’t like that you have to sign up for the author’s newsletter to get the epilogue. Oh well. 3.25 for movie references.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Kian is a judgmental prick. Jack is an emotionally constipated adolescent trapped in an adult's body.

Can these two zany kids find love?

Who cares?
Gigi
Oct 15, 2016 marked it as friends-say-no
I'm going to pass because of lukewarm friend reviews.
Ricardo
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Absolutely nothing wrong with the book but I do have to warn you, you better make sure you leave all manner of disbelief right at the beginning because otherwise, this is not for you. This is a perfect example of feel-good, bubblegum, cotton candy, pink-colored writing. Everything is great, everything works out regardless of logic, everybody has gotten over their childhood traumas with a minimum of psychological damage, people become B illionaires almost right out of business school, people retu ...more
Fritz42
Oh, I think I found a new favorite author.

I LOVED this book. Both Kian and Jack are great MCs. Kian is a social worker - yeah, social workers! - who has more work than hours in the day. He lives in a small, northern Minnesota - yeah, northern Minnesota! - town called Maple Springs. The town is in dire financial straits and is thinking of selling land to either a mining company or a private equity firm that wants to build an eco-resort on the land. Kian is against both of them and is talked into
Seth
I was wary of a story packing so many romantic tropes into one novel (selfless social worker in small town stands up to seemingly evil billionaire who wants to buy up part of the town but then starts to fall for him) BUT it really REALLY worked.

The story was a big jumpy at times, some of the miscommunications go on too long, and to be honest, a lot about Jack was hard to swallow for me. His motivations for doing some awful things in the past were never explained besides simply being acknowledge
Mike
Super sugary story that worked well for me

Sappy, sappy, sappy.

While at least one of the concluding chapters was definitely high on the syrupy sentimental scale to me, in this case, that schmaltz was sweet and just enticing enough to be a rather enjoyable read.

There's a Bridget Jones reference and, although this story was fairly different, there are parallels with that movie - an emotional one in a couple of the characters as well as another in the fact that I found
Rayleigh
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mrs.V
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely story!
I’ve read a few low-star reviews due to the story being unlikely?
A kind-hearted multi-millionaire winning over the underdog-friendly social worker fighting against the system may not be the most realistic of stories, but isn’t this one of the reasons we love romance, to escape reality? I know it is for me.
So, is this book a very nice and enjoyable way to lose oneself in a fairy-tale-like story? It really is.

The story is a slow-burn, the
Meri
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, ku, gang-bangq219
Absolutely loved this book. This is a new author for me and the start of a new series and it is perfect. Kian is such a lovely guy, a social worker, he puts in long hours to help his clients and he loves his work. Jack is a successful businessman with a plan for Kian‘s hometown, one Kian isn’t very fond off and that puts them at loggerheads. Especially as Kian is the person half the town listens to and supports. To win over the town, Jack has to convince Kian his plans are good for the area. So ...more
Jenn (not Lily)
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Good writing, good characters, good book! I'm glad I finally got around to reading something by this author, and I'm sure it's just the first of many books by them. Time to add more stuff to my TBR...

So I just looked at Spencer's other books, and it turns out this isn't the first time I've read their work. Hmm, I guess I'll see how I feel after I read the next in this series.
Diane
Small Town Guy Meets Tycoon

I really liked this book by Spencer. Environmental and economic concerns versus a playground for the wealthy. How can two opposing forces agree? Maybe by talking, learning about the finer points and compromising. A sweet story about finding love and correcting old mistakes.
Sonja Helies
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

A Social Worker and a self made Billionaire a story made in heaven right? Well it takes two for it to work and with both having secrets well it might take longer. But as with all good stories love conquers in the end.
Christie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book!

It was a really good book. If you want to sit down and drink a glass of wine and unravel the day, this is your book. I will definitely keep reading more books by this author. Grab a copy and read it. Happy reading!
Kim
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Billion Dollar Bet

Omg this book was absolutely amazing. This book was a page turner that I just couldn't stop reading until the end. I had absolutely loved reading this book. I would highly recommended this book.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet story with great characters. I also liked that it brought up some important issues. Poverty isn't just in urban cities. Nor is it just in select cultures. I love when an author writes about what they care about. It comes through in the quality of their work. Great job.
James
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Very very slow

A very good story and premise for a M/M reliance but the burn was so slow the fire was out before the first half of the book finished.
Tom Jewell
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love happy endings

This book is not going to win any awards for death of story or adventure what a perfect love story
Beth
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story

Cute story, likeable MCs, not a lot of storyline...the drama is fairly predictable. Low angst and an entertaining read. A bit more depth would have helped.
Ajax1978
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty good, especially for a Kindle Unlimited title. Nothing to really complain about, but for me, nothing to really love either.
David Durkit
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good one

Even though it's just the first in this series, Spencer does it again. A sweet and genuine story of falling in love.
Angel
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Great start to a series. Loved all the characters. Can't wait to read Book 2.
Dekaydreader
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read; definitely going to continue the series!
Kathy
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, contemporary-r
2.5 stars.
BR11
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars
An ok book. It has a plot and a story (even if a highly improbable one).
Both MCs are likeable guys.
Low steam.
Nothing to call home for. This one falls into the big bucket of mediocre mm stories this genre seems so full of.
Price was right with Kindle Unlimited.
Daesy
Deirdre
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plus One

It has been an interesting experience reading a book series backwards. I hadn't planned to do this. It was entirely accidental. I even mentioned to the author the need to indicate that these stories weren't just interrelated by their location in Maple Springs, Minnesota. There is actually a story arc build up and character development from this book thru the next two: BENEATH ORION #2 and SUGAR SEASON #3.

Of course they can be read separately in whatever order you like,
Suzanne Ellis
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kian is a perpetually single social worker in the small town of Maple Springs, Minnesota. He loves his job, but with all the budget cuts coming down, he is afraid that his job will be next on the chopping block. The town is in dire need of more jobs and more money for its citizens.
Billionare Jack Thorsen lives in London and has no time for dating, or so he tells himself. He owns a company that wants to buy a significant amount of the tracts of undeveloped land in Maple Springs, Minnesota i
Adiehardbearfan Da bears
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kian Bellevue has lived in Maple Springs all his life. He is a social worker for the County and loves helping people. He has bad luck with love though and can't seem to stay away from the bad boys. When he hears about two companies trying to buy public land from Maple Springs he is encouraged to attend the town hall meeting to speak out about it.

Jack Thorsen is a billionaire who owns Thorsen Co. one of the companies putting in bids to purchase land in Maple Springs. Jack has a secret as to why
Simone
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it

• Memories of You
  • Wild Star (Under the Stars, #3)
  • Recipe for Romance
  • Psi Hunter (Guardians of the Pattern, #1)
  • Rock the Cradle (Silver Oak Medical Center, #6)
  • Salt & Pepper (Spice of Life, #1)
  • Feeding the Soul (Souls of Chicago, #1)
  • Claiming Christian (Wolf's Mate, #2)
  • One Giant Leap
  • Falcon's Fox (The Rock Series, #4)
  • Red+Blue (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • All That Glitters (The Omega Auction Chronicles, #5)
Spencer Spears wants to make you cry--and then make you smile so hard at an ending so happy you forget why you've got tears rolling down your cheeks. Spencer writes LGBTQ stories that are snarky, sweet, and break your heart in all the best ways, and believes that everyone deserves to have their love story told.

When not at the computer, Spencer can be found running, hugging a tree, or c

Maple Springs (5 books)
  • Beneath Orion (Maple Springs, #2)
  • Sugar Season (Maple Springs, #3)
  • Strawberry Moon (Maple Springs, #4)
  • Maple Springs: The Complete Series