Start by marking “The Day of Reckoning (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Day of Reckoning (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #8)

The Day of Reckoning (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice #8)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  1,731 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Qui-Gon's evil former apprentice, Xanatos, has set a trap for his old Master. He has lured Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan Kenobi to his home planet of Telos...and has framed them for a crime they did not commit.

The penalty is death.

Suddenly Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are fugitives on a planet where everyone is an enemy.

Xanatos' day of reckoning has come.
Published June 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Day of Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day of Reckoning

Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." -- 1 Timothy 6:10 (NIV 1984)
Why did I start off my review with that quotation? Simply because this novel's plot reminded me of that Scripture. Like an old-school movie serial or Saturday morning series, The Day of Reckoning delivers more of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's adventures. Those who aren't reading Jedi Apprentice are seriously missing out.
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars

Pensé que no iba a poder a seguir leyendo esta saga, porque la leía en epub, y como hace poco se me rompió el celular y tengo que usar uno con la pantalla rota, dije "no, ya fue" y ni sabía cuándo volvería a retomarla.
Pero, no contaba con que hace un año o dos me bajé un rar que contenía más de 100 libros de Star Wars en pdf en un orden cronológico, y como no podía ser de otra forma, ¡Estaba esa saga!

Me puse muy contecta y leí después de algún tiempo un nuevo capítulo de estas aventuras.
Drew Ck
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Xanatos is on the planet Telos, Qui Gon and Obi Wan go there to bring Xanatos to justice for his attack on the Jedi Temple. Once there they find that Xanatos is a the real power behind the Government on Telos. Their problems don't end their since they are also wanted for a murder they did not commit.
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Нет таких слов.
Xanatos, Qui-Gon's old apprentice, has finally managed to bring his old Master to his home planet of Telos in a last bid for revenge. There, he draws the Qui-Gon and Obi Wan after having attempted to destroy the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but when the two Jedi arrive, they find the citizens more interested in a financial lottery than anything else the government is doing. The two must learn the secrets behind the lottery while carrying false murder charges against them.

Watson continues to develop
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hmm, I think this one moved a little more smoothly than the last couple. Also, I've been awaiting this resolution for a while. It was a long time coming.

Side note: Just a funny thing that happened... in the back of this book is a sample chapter for the first book of Garth Nix's The Seventh Tower series. Not surprising, since it's another middle grade fantasy-action series produced by Lucasfilm. I went to check how many pages were in the book and realized I was seeing familiar names that didn't b
Star Wars Legends Project #48

Background: The Day of Reckoning came out in June 2000. It was written by Jude Watson.

The Day of Reckoning begins shortly after The Captive Temple (my review), 44 years before the Battle of Yavin and 12 years before The Phantom Menace. The book returns to Xanatos' homeworld of Telos, last seen in Star Wars: Jedi, Volume 1: The Dark Side (my review), with no additional recurring characters.

Summary: Against the wishes of the Jedi Council, Qui-Gon has left in pursuit
Melissa Namba
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens, coplin
the Jude Watson books in this series ate usually better. this one was a little boring and plot driven. the new characters felt like repeats of past characters. the gaming idea was fun, in a Thor:Ragnarok way. I liked how it dealt with gambling and the way it is addicting and can control people's lives.
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, star-wars
Qui-Gon and Obi Wan head to Telos to trap Xanatos. Instead the Jedi walk into trouble, and through the help of some shady characters the tides are turned. In the end Xanatos can not run away from this one.
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, star-wars
Another pretty heavy story for kids. As it says Xanatos gets his day of reckoning and it's pretty brutal. These may be read along books for the younger kids.
Christian Smith
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot holes/problems:

1. When Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon we're being chased by the police they decided to run into the Katharsis dome to hide from them. The police quickly followed them in although they didn't actually see them enter the dome. What I want to know is how the police knew that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had gone into the dome without actually seeing them enter. And I get that most people that day we're going into the dome because it was a special day but if it was so packed how did the police find
I am truly sad about Bruck and Xanatos. I mean Anakin/Darth Vader and Jacen/Darth Caedus(Ben/Kylo Ren) are just AS deranged. Geez. even Padawan Anakin is obviously already mentally ill thus should be taken care of. Damn the Temple for not acknowledging that, for being such a bad institution like what the heck. Unsurprisingly there isn't a survey for student's satisfactory either.

One more thing. The thing is that Obi-Wan here reminds me of Ferus Olin, and Anakin Bruck Chun (I read Jedi Quest firs
Victoria Falzo
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Ahhh...the book I was afraid to read...(not that it's scary or bad or anything...)
I knew Xanatos would die...and I knew how, as well. And, having grown to quite like him as a villian...I wasn't prepared to read about his demise.
I think Xanatos deserved more...okay, so I guess he had to die, according to Jude Watson, apparently...So, I say...why not give him a better death scene? To me, Star Wars is all about the lightsaber duels...those are the most epic scenes-basically one of
Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*
"If you are heading to a dangerous mission, the danger can begin before you are ready for it. Be prepared."

"Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly. It merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair, or unfair..."

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi track Qui-Gon's former apprentice, Xanatos, to his home planet of Telos in an attempt to bring him to justice once and for all. But unbeknownst to them he has laid a trap for them. He has framed them for crimes they did not commit and the penalty is deat
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This book finally brought a conclusion to the long running Xanatos/Offworld plot. I was a bit dubious. It was a bit of an anti-climax – not exciting enough! The idea that Xanatos subjugated the people by gambling was a bit of a weak premise. There was some stereotyping of the bad guys – shock, horror, they pollute! The description of Telos’ countryside was well done though. Andra and Den were rather empty characters – not enough development! The lightsabre duel with Xanatos could have been a lot ...more
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children, fantasy
First I need to explain about me and Star Wars. I never watched any of the films when I was a child. I watched 'A New Hope' when I was in college, as I was teased by my teacher and class mates for never having seen it. I thought it was rubbish. I watched 'The Empire Strikes Back' after and fell asleep during it. I then watched 'A New Hope' again just to check it was the film and not me but it still was rubbish. Bizarrely when I was little I brought the script to this film. I have no idea why. A ...more
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another great in this fantastic series. Qui-Gon Jinn's former apprentice, Xantos, is out for revenge. In this book Obi-Wan is on probation and no longer Qui-Gon's Padawan, but travels with him to Xantos' homeworld of Telos to try and bring the evil Xantos to justice. Throughout their efforts Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's rift is mended and they work together to show the citizens of Telos the true nature of Xantos. I've read this book twice already and each time I just couldn't put it down. Great new cha ...more
Daniel Rose
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
Qui Gon and Obi Won follow Xantos to another planet this one has been duped into selling their freedom for the chance at winning a large lottery. While Obi Won finds the real meaning of Xantos being on the planet as his company is mining the planet. Qui Gon finds out that Xantos has rigged the lottery so that the person he choosed wins. After exposing Xantos to the people Qui Gon and Xantos fight only to have Xantos choose death rather then be taken back to Corsucant for his crimes.
Hannah Kaye
I think this book for me would have to be a solid 3.5/3.75. I did enjoy it but not as much as the previous novel in the series which I loved so much more. We are back with Obi Wan and Qui Gonn Jinn, and this novel I enjoy seeing their relationship has changed and overall for the better. I really am beginning to see how they became a good partnership and well respected one if that. I can't wait to carry on with this series and hopefully this has gotten me out of my reading slump!
Shawn Fairweather
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Ugh, the cycle continues. It appears the Jedi Apprentice series is hellbent on staying in the every other novel cycle where as a novel shows promise but is then followed by a novel of filler material. Day of Reckoning continues with the endless and I mean endless cat an mouse of Obi Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Xanatos.
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This is my favorite book so far because Watson finally realised that teenage boys are inherently hilarious when they aren't being dingbats. Not an A+ because Xanatos remains the most boring villain I have ever encountered and you know he pulled a Voldemort. But the ending was very sweet and I have hope for the future.
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The penalty is death.

Xanatos' day of reckoning has come.
Revol Koob
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-fn-2187, faves
I understand why they never continued translating the series to Finnish. This book could be a fine ending to a series, but as there are 12 books more written why shouldn't I they be read? Can't wait to continue the series in English. And, Qui-Gon finally got nice and kind to Obi-Wan, so I want to see also more of that... and all the action and light saber battles etc..
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Suitable for 8+ or those who have seen the films.
Finally the story of Qui gon's first apprentice reaches its end. Qui Gon and Obi Wan finally go to Telos to bring down the former apprentice. There's lots of action and character moments. It is a page turner and a fitting end to this particular series.
Jaime Krause
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are on Telos to get Xanatos. Except he is a popular public figure, making their jobs difficult. Additionally, Xanatos has declared the two Jedi as criminals. Suddenly they're facing the death penalty
Just A. Bean
I liked this one! Qui-Gon got his act together and apologised for being a dick over the last three books! They worked as a team with Obi-Wan snarking all the way! Evil mining companies were distroying the environment, and had to be stopped! More like this would be great.
Scott Shadel
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
I am reading the whole series and will post a review upon completion of Jedi Apprentice 18 : The Threat Within
Fantastic series, not one of my favorite books though.
book review 1 7 Sep 11, 2012 01:23PM
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Lyric's World (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #2)
  • Hunted (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #4)
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Return to Ord Mantell (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #12)
  • Hostage (Star Wars: Rebel Force #2)

Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • The Dark Rival (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #2)
  • The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)
  • The Mark of the Crown (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #4)
  • The Defenders of the Dead (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #5)
  • The Uncertain Path (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #6)
  • The Captive Temple (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #7)
  • The Fight for Truth (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #9)
  • The Shattered Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #10)
  • The Deadly Hunter (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #11)