Start by marking “Snowbound” as Want to Read:
Snowbound

Snowbound

Passion hot enough to melt the slopesand their hearts. Thanks to a devastating medical diagnosis, ski patroller Sean Trenton has endured two years of celibacy. Two long years that have chipped away at his confidence. Now, with the career opportunity of a lifetime on the line, hes ready to remedy the celibacy situation, and sexy snowbunny Robyn Montgomery is just what the d ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing (first published September 25th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound

Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

Larissa Ione is one of my preferred authors, and her Demonica PNR series and ACRO erotic PNR series (co-written with author Stephanie Tyler under the alter-ego Sydney Croft) are two of my favorites, so it’s really not surprising that I would also love this contemporary romance story by her.

Snowbound is a steamy, heartwarming contemporary romance about two people who find emotional healing and second chances through a love that neither expected.

Robyn Montgomery is re
Corrine
May 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Jill Shalvis' Wilder series
A fast read that I expected to be fun and sexy, but had a much more emotional draw than anticipated, this book would be good for those who enjoyed Jill Shalvis' Instant Attraction.

Robyn Montgomery is returning to her hometown for her ten-year class reunion no longer the girl she used to me. Now she's thin, attractive, she has a great career, and a hot date. Until the date - her media-mogul-celebrity boss and ex-boyfriend - backs out of not only escorting her, but out of emceeing the charity auc
Lisa Kay
★★★☆ So many good things in this earlier work by this talented author. Kind of neat to see how far she’s come. I enjoyed the characters and really felt I was out there on the slopes with them - or in the ski lodge - in some mysterious state that has an “internationally renowned ski resort.” Still, some of the lack of communication seemed like a way to lengthen the inevitable outcome. ...more
Ronda  Tutt
Sep 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, erotic
Reviewer for Bitten By Paranormal Romance

HOT Erotica! Enjoyable and Fun Read.

I love how Larissa Ione writes. Once again she has captivated me with this story. The characters were perfect for each other and the erotica was HOT. I will definitely be reading more of this author’s books.

Sean Trenton is a well known Olympic champion but has since then given up his goal to compete again and now spends his time as a ski patroller and a EMT. It’s been two years since his battle with testical cancer and
Heather
Jul 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Heather by: Liked the authors other book...
Shelves: erotica, e-book
This is s romantic story about a woman named Robyn who works in the music business as an executive. When her boss Damon backs out of an event she has planned in her snowy hometown as the emcee for her high school reunion/ charity event she is devastated. She goes anyway with her girlfriend Kelly and hopes to meet some uncomplicated fling she can enjoy while she is there.

In walks Sean Trenton... an Olympic medal skiing champion who thinks Robyn is the hottest thing since sliced bread, but guess
Christa
Jul 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksfree-com
Snowbound is a story about two people who must face insecurities due to their pasts before they can find happiness together. This book was quick and easy to read. Although it wasn't one of the best books I have read lately, I enjoyed the story, and felt empathy for both of the main characters. This book devotes much more time to the story than to hot intimacy, and I found it to be quite tame to be considered erotica.

Robyn Montgomery is going home for her ten year high school reunion in a ski res
Mitabird
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
Snowbound was really disappointing. It's basically a story about a girl who was teased as a teenager for being overweight and nerdy. She's now a successful, fit, adult and is hosting an auction during her high school reunion to show off her success to her former tormentors. The guy is a former Olympic skier, whose career was cut short due to an accident. He's now a ski patrolman and an EMT at the ski resort where the reunion is taking place.

Sean was absolutely great. Even though he made some mi
Stephanie

First of all Robyn Montgomery, the heroine, was a little annoying throughout the whole book. She was a fat and ugly teen turned fit, beautiful adult. She keeps referring to the teasing and pain she suffered as a teen, and the turns around and treats Seen, the hero, much the same way. You know judging a book by its cover and all. Get over it; you are a beautiful successful woman. WORK IT!

Second thing that bothered me...the ending. It was a tad abrupt. Yes everything is resolved and we ge
K.K.
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
the overall book was really good. As one of the first written book by the author, this already show how great the writer Ms. Larissa Ione is. The book ending was a little too soon though... quite abrupt. I would have loved to know more. otherwise the book was really enjoyable.

3.75 Stars
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I love Larissa Ione's style! She's one of my favorite authors, and it has taken me a bit to get to read this book. I was a bit skeptical about reading it, since it's not paranormal, which is what I'm used to reading from her. But I have to say she nailed it with this book. I wish she would write more stories in this genre!!!! Please, please, please! ;)

I felt a connection to the characters almost immediately, they are likeable and real, with normal issues in their lives and insecurities.

Robyn has
 Pleasures Chest
Sep 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Snowbound is a contemporary romance novel.

Robyn Montgomery is a radio station manager and Sean Trenton a former Olympian skier turned ski patroller/EMT.

Robyn returns to her home town located near a ski resort for a school reunion. There she remembers many traumatic moments from her high school years. They meet at the resort and the attraction is immediate.

Sean was celibate for 2 years due to a medical problem. The celibacy went out the window after the two finally come to grips with coming to
Riverina Romantics
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I love Larissa Ione's writing. She's just awesome.

Snow Bound has been sitting on my kindle for a while and I never got around to reading it. Out of the blur I decided to give it a try and didn't want to put it down.

It is obviously a lot less dramatic than her paranormals, but I loved it all the same.

The characters were lovable and I gotta say I kinda have a crush on Sean. A man that is part dare-devil, part womaniser and also has a huge heart always gets me.

Like the majority of contemp romanc
Cecile
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was truly a delight to read. Each of the characters have their own personalities, which truly show. Some will make you laugh, one will make you want to slap the crap out of him, and another's will make you fall in love with them. You will feel yourself cheering for Robyn & Sean. But each one has to face their own private demons before they can come together... or will the fear of facing them prove to be to much to bear. All love stories have to have trials and setbacks and this sto ...more
Katrina
Jan 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Snowbound was my first book I have read by Larissa Ione and I must say I was not disappointed.

Snowbound is about two people who both have to face insecurities to move on with life and love, a contemporary romance in which love is given a second chance.

Robyn Montgomery is a radio station manager who finds her way back to her home town to run an auction to make money for the underprivileged kids, when she crosses paths with Sean Trenton. He is a ski patroller- EMT very Handsome, muscular and pop
SheLove2Read
May 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
After seeing other 4 and 5 star reviews, I'm wondering if we read the same book. I thought the romance between the two main characters was at best, lukewarm. The ending seemed forced.

Sean's plight seemed real enough and I know men are very sensitive about their manhood, so losing a testicle to cancer I'm sure was hard for him to digest, but not life ending. I think his reactions to that loss were a little overboard.

Robyn definitely had issues with her her former life as a big person, unpopular
Tiya Rosa
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Light and erotic. Emphasis on light. And erotic. Seriously, just expect this to be a light fluffy fun read with some serious sexy times and you'll finish it with a nice naughty smile on your face. We can discuss how Sweet Valley High-ish are the misunderstandings and how too much too soon things develop to be believable, but that's not in keeping with the light and erotic mood you have to be in to truly enjoy the story. The key is expectations. Set them right and set them well. Besides, Larissa ...more
Fergeygirl
Really good! I loved the connections between the main characters!! I would read again.
Sara
Jul 09, 2016 added it
Creó que ya lo había leído jajaja es un libro para pasar una buena tarde leyendo, nada demasiado profundo pero tampoco una mala historia.
Kathy Davie
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A contemporary romance focusing on Robyn Montgomery and Sean Trenton. It begins in Chicago and ends in a ski resort town.

My Take
This was cute, unexpected from the author of Demonica and Lords of Deliverance, but cute and just a tiny bit melodramatic. It's also very clichéd what with the gorgeous guy who gets taken up by his celebrity. I think the celebrity aspect merely brought out the jerk in him. Then there's the gorgeous hunk who thinks the "ugly duckling" is gorgeous herself, and he makes al
Carmen Davalos
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even when this book is classified as an erotica's story, I found it less hot than some romance I have read, I liked it very much though
Grace
Overall, a good read. It is very different than anything I've read from her before, and you can tell it seems like an earlier writing piece.
Sana Zameer
2.5 Stars
Miki
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

Fabulous… I took it first to past time but I devoured the book in less than an hour…. It’s really a wonderful story and I do recommend it… Larissa Ione has a wonderful written style, clear and easy but even more I was touched by the message in this story. It has steamy scene… really steamy one but for me it was mostly a sweet story about acceptance and trust.

Both main protagonists have trouble with self esteem…. Robyn because
Rae
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Sean Trenton, had an accident two years ago that ended his Olympic skiing career as well as his love-life. The evening Sean was ready to end his celibacy...he met Robyn Montgomery.

Robyn Montgomery, never quite outgrew the ugly, fat high school girl within the beautiful, smart bomb-shell she is today. Robyn's returning to her childhood, ski-community, home for her 10 year high school reunion & auction event...which she volunteered to orchestrate. Upon finding out that her (famous) ex-boyfrien
Natasja
Oct 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Robyn Montgomery is a successful radio station manager in the big city. Now she is forced to return home for a reunion, near a famous ski resort and she knows she cannot refuse. She has agreed to help them raise an auction and asked her ex-boyfriend and boss Damon to help her out with the auction. But only a few days before they are leaving, Damon calls the whole thing off. Now Roby has to come up with another auctioneer gig or she will ruin things once again.

Sean Trenton is a previous Olympic s
Tina "IRead2Escape"
This was my first Larissa Ione read. I liked it, but didn't love it.

Robyn Montgomery is back in her hometown to head up her class reunion and charity fundraiser. A self proclaimed fat and ugly kid she has something to prove. The celebrity emcee/ex boyfriend cancels on her last minute leaving her feeling like the outcast that she is trying to leave in her past. Struggling to try to find a replacement and dealing with old hurts that won't be buried she has decided that what she needs is an old fa
Amy Jacobs
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I have read a lot of hype about this book in the erotica reviews. When I finally got my hands on a copy of this book, I was excited to jump into the story.

Robyn Montgomery has just come out of a bad relationship with a guy named Damon, who in my honest opinion was a jerk! He never truly deserved Robyn in the first place and I was glad to see her get rid of him. Sean is a former Olympic Skier and has now taken up the career of a ski patroller. When the two of them meet at a ski lodge, the sexual
Heather in FL
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Well this was a nice little book. I wasn't sure what to expect from Ms. Ione's first romance since I've read Demonica and there was nothing paranormal about this one, but I shouldn't have worried. The woman can write, even without demons in the midst. I loved how Sean stood up for her with the shallow high school mentalities, and I also loved how Robyn made Sean feel comfortable about what he had been freaking out about for two years. While I understand why Robyn was upset with Sean's "deal" wit ...more
Lucy Qhuay
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the author
Shelves: romance, contemporary

Larissa Ione is a great writer, so it’s always a pleasure to read one of her creations.

That being said, Snowbound is not as absolutely wonderful and addictive as her paranormal romance series.

If you read her other works, you can see she grew up as an author, in the most amazing way.

Her writing flows in a more natural way, she’s more creative and she can express way more feeling, which in turn makes her characters more interesting.

This is an entertaining story, with complex characters and an inte
Danielle
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I just finished Snowbound and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I'm normally not the biggest fan of contemporary stories, but this one was done really well. I honestly couldn't put this book down.

I loved the character of Sean. He was real and honest. I like that he wasn't afraid to let his feelings be known. He was definitely a charmer and I loved getting to know him.

As for Robyn, she may seem strong and dependent to others, but with her
  • Money, Honey
  • Hard and Fast
  • Talk to Me
  • If You Believe (Unbelievable, #1)
  • A Taste of Honey
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1)
  • Mouth to Mouth
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Below the Belt
  • Just Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #2)
  • Letters to a Secret Lover
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • Personal Protection (Hauberk Protection, #2)
  • Touched by Fire
  • Broken (Rafferty, #2)
  • Sweet Inspiration (Klaus Brothers, #1)
  • The Bet (Players, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl