Start by marking “Mists Over Newbroke: A Gothic Novella” as Want to Read:
Mists Over Newbroke: A Gothic Novella

Mists Over Newbroke: A Gothic Novella

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Kat Tilsley is summoned to the lifeless coastal town of Newbroke to become governess to the strange and lonely Ambrose. At first, she thought the boy's stories of devilry were just that - stories.
But when she too hears the singing that haunts the child, Kat realises that the crumbling facade of Newbroke Hall hides lies, villainy and things much darker. Tormented and isol
Paperback, 1, 134 pages
Published August 22nd 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Mists Over Newbroke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mists Over Newbroke

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Mists Over Newbroke: A Gothic Novella
Destiny Valentine
I found Kieran through YouTube where he does his book subscription unboxings of FairyLoot and OwlCrate, amongst reviews and other things. I saw that he was also an author and totally wanted to support him and try one out. Mind you, I am fairly new to YA and I'm mostly fantasy or science fiction driven. Once the month of October started, I wanted anything and all things horror, paranormal, gothic, etc. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone.

"It was very faint, as though someone was delivering a
Logan
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book, had me wanting to keep reading it.
Hâf
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a huge fan of gothic or dark books, I usually stick to fantasy or contemporary novels. But this book really surprised me, I got drawn in straight away, I really liked the main character and how I could connect with her.
I gave this novella five stars, due to the excellent writing which conveys just the right amount of mystery, drama and suspense. The book was an ideal size for a quick and exciting short story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Savvy Reads
Aug 20, 2017
Kieran Higgins
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gemmy
rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2017
Mary Ellen doValle
Sep 30, 2019
lynn meadows
Jun 02, 2020
Kieran is a Belfast-born author. He wrote his first novel at age 5 - he also received his first rejection letter at this age. He has been writing ever since, producing his debut novel The Forgotten Sister, a captivating Arthurian retelling, and Mists Over Newbroke, a chilling Gothic novella.

Kieran, inspired by JK Rowling, Garth Nix and Mary Stewart, writes the type of stories he wants to read - ex

News & Interviews